Jump to content

Information for Attending a Big Bang Theory Taping


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Actually, both.  Some people have reported getting there at 7 and people were in front of them.  Since the last two will be VIPs only, there may not be any standby seats available.  This is not to say that there won’t be any seats, or that  6-7 isn’t early enough, but you should be aware of the chances. 

I was at the March 12 taping, and standby ticket holders were there as early as 5 a.m. Sadly none got in.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I was at the March 12 taping, and standby ticket holders were there as early as 5 a.m. Sadly none got in.

I heard the same thing. I was also at that taping and met the couple who were 3 and 4 on standby. I told them I thought they had a good shot and she wanted to get in so badly. 

I felt horrible when I heard they didn't get in

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Actually, both.  Some people have reported getting there at 7 and people were in front of them.  Since the last two will be VIPs only, there may not be any standby seats available.  This is not to say that there won’t be any seats, or that  6-7 isn’t early enough, but you should be aware of the chances. 

i wouldn't even bother for standby at this point. And I wouldn't trust regular tickets anymore either. Sorry to be so pessimistic but I'm just not feeling good vibes for anyone trying to get tickets right now, although i do wish them lots of luck.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

i wouldn't even bother for standby at this point. And I wouldn't trust regular tickets anymore either. Sorry to be so pessimistic but I'm just not feeling good vibes for anyone trying to get tickets right now, although i do wish them lots of luck.

They're not even offering general admission tickets for the last two episodes 😔

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Standby tickets for the finale only lasted 4 minutes. Wonder how many they made available? Good luck to those lucky enough to get one 🍀🍀🍀

I wouldn't even attempt it. I would not wait in line for most likely 12 hours. Most people invited are likely to show up, why wouldn't you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Datitguy84 said:

I wouldn't even attempt it. I would not wait in line for most likely 12 hours. Most people invited are likely to show up, why wouldn't you? 

And if they let you in after you'd been waiting all those hours you'd only get to see one, perhaps two, eighteen-minute episodes since it's going to be already taped. Presumably there'll be some sort of a do afterwards for the invited guests. Would any standbys who got in be able to join ? Who knows ? You might be back at the airport if not on the plane by 8pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

And if they let you in after you'd been waiting all those hours you'd only get to see one, perhaps two, eighteen-minute episodes since it's going to be already taped. Presumably there'll be some sort of a do afterwards for the invited guests. Would any standbys who got in be able to join ? Who knows ? You might be back at the airport if not on the plane by 8pm.

It will be already taped? How come? I got standby tickets for the finale..

Edited by ardroc
more info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was announced that the last two taping will all be pre-shot, then shown to the live audience, for their reactions.   Congratulations on getting the standby tickets, I wish you the best of luck in getting into the taping.  

As a point of information, the local channel was having a contest, the winner would be ON THE LOT, when the final was taped, note, on the lot, not in the studio. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Tensor said:

It was announced that the last two taping will all be pre-shot, then shown to the live audience, for their reactions.   Congratulations on getting the standby tickets, I wish you the best of luck in getting into the taping.  

As a point of information, the local channel was having a contest, the sooner would be ON THE LOT, when the final was taped, note, on the lot, not in the studio. 

 

Not surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if a few scenes are even withheld when shown to the audience like for instant  the very last scene. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Not surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if a few scenes are even withheld when shown to the audience like for instant  the very last scene. 

I’m also wondering if there will be re-tapes, later, if a joke fall flat during the replay. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Kaley said in an interview that it will be too emotional, so they're pretaping but will act some scenes live. They just won't be the takes we see in TV.

I didn't see where it said they'd be acting some of it live. That would be a bit more interesting for the audience.

20 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It was announced that the last two taping will all be pre-shot, then shown to the live audience, for their reactions.   Congratulations on getting the standby tickets, I wish you the best of luck in getting into the taping.  

As a point of information, the local channel was having a contest, the winner would be ON THE LOT, when the final was taped, note, on the lot, not in the studio. 

 

If being on the lot is a prize, will there be a big screen for those on the lot to see what's going on ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they did.  I was very lucky to have attended but there were so many VIPs that I don't think more than 50-100 on the guaranteed list got through. It was a little tricky to tell, I got in early and was in the top 20 of the guaranteed line. Audiences Unlimited staff was very angry and pushy that evening. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I don't think they did.  I was very lucky to have attended but there were so many VIPs that I don't think more than 50-100 on the guaranteed list got through. It was a little tricky to tell, I got in early and was in the top 20 of the guaranteed line. Audiences Unlimited staff was very angry and pushy that evening. 

I'm sorry to hear this but not really surprised.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I don't think they did.  I was very lucky to have attended but there were so many VIPs that I don't think more than 50-100 on the guaranteed list got through. It was a little tricky to tell, I got in early and was in the top 20 of the guaranteed line. Audiences Unlimited staff was very angry and pushy that evening. 

Yeah, I think they said two tapings back that guaranteed or regular was basically standby now. They have probably been dealing with a lot of angry people thinking they had guaranteed admission. Like I said I wouldn't even queue up with standby any longer and I would get there early in the morning with regular tickets.

 

I feel fortunate that I have got to attend 4 total tapings of the show. I met some great people at the tapings. Some who have somehow gotten to go to 8 or 9 tapings 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I don't think they did.  I was very lucky to have attended but there were so many VIPs that I don't think more than 50-100 on the guaranteed list got through. It was a little tricky to tell, I got in early and was in the top 20 of the guaranteed line. Audiences Unlimited staff was very angry and pushy that evening. 

would you mind to post some spoilers or episode summary? we love that here 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I'm a little busy this weekend but the taping I saw was #21 and the title is "The Plagiarism Schism" if someone wants to start a thread. 

We don’t have a separate thread for each one.   If you wish to put up a short summary, of each plot, and we will certainly appreciate it, please put it in the Season 12 Discussion thread. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I'm a little busy this weekend but the taping I saw was #21 and the title is "The Plagiarism Schism" if someone wants to start a thread. 

Thanks. Some of us are only in the forum for the spoilers and others don't want to see any. Spoilers go only in the (Spoilers) Season 12 Discussion Thread. We're already speculating there what might happen in The Plagiarism Schism, or at least I am. We saw the title on a cast member's instagram photo of the script.

Please don't feel put under any pressure ! We're all grateful for any information we can get, such as whether anybody is pregnant or got a better job. However, the main thing, if audience members have no time or no inclination, is that they had a wonderful time. It's a big thing in anybody's life. We don't want to spoil (no pun intended ) the experience for you.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

of course, no pressure on anyone but we love reading spoilers 🤩

 

and yes, to get into the taping is a really cool thing, but I wouldn't call it big thing in anybodys life, it is just a TV show in the end 🙃

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.