The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Information for Attending a Big Bang Theory Taping

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

It was revealed at the TCA-CBS event yesterday that they are discussing the possibility of an extended series finale.

Hopefully they will do an hour long finale instead of their usual 1/2 hour.

I'm hoping that the series finale is extended too. When Friends ended, episodes 17 and 18 (of the ordered 18) served as the series finale. I'm wondering if they'll show both episodes 23 and 24 the same night or simply extend episode 24. I'm hoping for the latter. But, if that does happen, would there be two parts, thus making 25 episodes for syndication?

I suppose extended could mean 35-40 minutes, similar to when NBC showed super-sized episodes of Friends. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 1:49 PM, Trinabeana78 said:

Hi everyone, quick question. As long as your ticket doesn't say Standby on it, it's a guaranteed ticket right? It's been so long since I went to a taping I forgot lol.

Just to point out, it happened this year, and a couple of other times it has been close.  There seems to be more VIPs this year( my first taping, there were two rows of VIPs, this year, there were three.  So as mentioned before, you might want to get there early, around 1-2 would be my recommendation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

I'm hoping that the series finale is extended too. When Friends ended, episodes 17 and 18 (of the ordered 18) served as the series finale. I'm wondering if they'll show both episodes 23 and 24 the same night or simply extend episode 24. I'm hoping for the latter. But, if that does happen, would there be two parts, thus making 25 episodes for syndication?

I suppose extended could mean 35-40 minutes, similar to when NBC showed super-sized episodes of Friends. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I believe all relevant contracts say 24 episodes, so if the finale would be extened my guess is it will be episodes 23-24. They could probably make a contract to make a change, but I think most shows that end with an extneded episode make the originally penultimate episode part of the finale.

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

I believe all relevant contracts say 24 episodes, so if the finale would be extened my guess is it will be episodes 23-24. They could probably make a contract to make a change, but I think most shows that end with an extneded episode make the originally penultimate episode part of the finale. 

Yes, I agree with you.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

AU has added the following statement, regarding the availability of tickets to the taping of the series finale, to the show's description page:

The final show for the current production season is scheduled to be filmed on April 30; however, we do not know at this time whether or not tickets will be offered or available as it may be an ‘invited’ audience. A limited number of ‘standby’ tickets only may be released for that show date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

AU has added the following statement, regarding the availability of tickets to the taping of the series finale, to the show's description page:

The final show for the current production season is scheduled to be filmed on April 30; however, we do not know at this time whether or not tickets will be offered or available as it may be an ‘invited’ audience. A limited number of ‘standby’ tickets only may be released for that show date.

That does not surprise me. It will be full of VIPs.

• Like 2

This year is my husband's and my 15 year anniversary and I would love to take him to a taping of bbt before it is no longer an option. We've had many friends and co-workers call us Sheldon and Amy over the years so it is kind of our thing now. If I am trying to get tickets for the 3/12 showing would it be 2/11 I should be trying?

facebook_1549431546724.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, 2-11 would be the date to try to get tickets for 3-12.  It's been rather difficult to get them this year (I failed six times to get tickets this year.  It was only when they they went up two and a half hours early was I able to get them, and it was close).   A group of people who have been going for four or so years had to resort to getting standby, and then getting there early (around 7-7:30 this morning) to try to get in this evening.  I'm not saying it's going to be impossible, but it will be difficult.  You should both try to get your own ticket, as you can only get one ticket at a time.  By the time one person gets one, and then try to get back in to get the second, they are almost always sold out.  

if you want to be sure you at least need one person per PC per visitor (better two or three). everything else might be too slow.  in previous years tickets used to be available longer, but recently it is just a couple of minutes.

I always ask for help and my whole unit takes part. Costs me a Pizza each time 😃

Edited by margarete
  • Haha 2

Hey all!! I’m glad I found this site, there is so much great information that has been very helpful! 

So I am attending my first taping next Tuesday, though unfortunately I was only able to get a stand-by ticket. But I am ready and willing to arrive super early to wait in line to get in. I did have a question about parking. I may be there alone, so I was going to have a bag with snacks and my phone to get me through the waiting process. But I see on the ticket, and in previous posts, that you aren’t allowed to park in the parking garage until later in the afternoon, is this correct?? So if I, or my friend if she’s able to join me, want to park, and be able to drop our things back in the car in the afternoon, where are we allowed to park in the morning?

Also, for those who have attended a recent taping as a stand-by ticket holder, how early did you arrive? I was going to aim for 6-6:30 to play it safe. I really really want to get in!! 😊

Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 6:33 AM, lkobmann said:

Hey all!! I’m glad I found this site, there is so much great information that has been very helpful! 

So I am attending my first taping next Tuesday, though unfortunately I was only able to get a stand-by ticket. But I am ready and willing to arrive super early to wait in line to get in. I did have a question about parking. I may be there alone, so I was going to have a bag with snacks and my phone to get me through the waiting process. But I see on the ticket, and in previous posts, that you aren’t allowed to park in the parking garage until later in the afternoon, is this correct?? So if I, or my friend if she’s able to join me, want to park, and be able to drop our things back in the car in the afternoon, where are we allowed to park in the morning?

Also, for those who have attended a recent taping as a stand-by ticket holder, how early did you arrive? I was going to aim for 6-6:30 to play it safe. I really really want to get in!! 😊

Thanks!!

on the 2/22 taping we arrived around 9am and we had no problem to park the car in the parking 

in our case we were Stand-By and we were number 8 and 9 of stand-by, at least 35 stand-by were allowed to enter, if you arrive around 6.30 you have good chances.

56 minutes ago, grr31 said:

on the 2/22 taping we arrived around 9am and we had no problem to park the car in the parking 

in our case we were Stand-By and we were number 8 and 9 of stand-by, at least 35 stand-by were allowed to enter, if you arrive around 6.30 you have good chances.

Thank you SO much for that info grr31! That makes me feel much better 😊👍🏼

On 2/6/2019 at 12:40 AM, AmyIRL said:

This year is my husband's and my 15 year anniversary and I would love to take him to a taping of bbt before it is no longer an option. We've had many friends and co-workers call us Sheldon and Amy over the years so it is kind of our thing now. If I am trying to get tickets for the 3/12 showing would it be 2/11 I should be trying?

facebook_1549431546724.jpg

I would say pick several dates. And don’t give up

i am a huge fan of the show who has attended three tapings. This year I have been determined and failed till today. And I didn’t get a second ticket like I hoped.

the reason I say don’t give up is because I had three browsers say “sold out”. I was refreshing constantly and I was like no way it sold out that quick, in literal seconds. I had chrome and IE on my laptop say sold out, then safari on my mobile phone. Then I opened Firefox on my phone and I got to the order page and luckily got one. When I went to do another it was gone. And I’ve been trying all season. 

So so be ready at 8:30 PST, have multiple devices and multiple browsers. Refresh contanstly 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Datitguy84 said:

I would say pick several dates. And don’t give up

i am a huge fan of the show who has attended three tapings. This year I have been determined and failed till today. And I didn’t get a second ticket like I hoped.

the reason I say don’t give up is because I had three browsers say “sold out”. I was refreshing constantly and I was like no way it sold out that quick, in literal seconds. I had chrome and IE on my laptop say sold out, then safari on my mobile phone. Then I opened Firefox on my phone and I got to the order page and luckily got one. When I went to do another it was gone. And I’ve been trying all season. 

So so be ready at 8:30 PST, have multiple devices and multiple browsers. Refresh contanstly 

I agree ...it was frantic today! I had 3 chrome pages open and they said all sold out, It was literally mins after they released it! I kept refreshing but no luck...until I used IE! I managed to get 1 ticket ! honestly I nearly cried after I got it ...as I have never watched it live before and it's final season -I had to come and at least watch it once! Don't give up! Anyone else going?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, html said:

I agree ...it was frantic today! I had 3 chrome pages open and they said all sold out, It was literally mins after they released it! I kept refreshing but no luck...until I used IE! I managed to get 1 ticket ! honestly I nearly cried after I got it ...as I have never watched it live before and it's final season -I had to come and at least watch it once! Don't give up! Anyone else going?

I didn’t get mine till 11:40 EST. I was fully expecting to enter my data and it kick it back saying sold out after I submitted it. That has happened to me before several times 

congrats 

38 minutes ago, AmyIRL said:

I DID IT!!! I GOT 2 TICKETS EEEEEEKKKK THANK YOU

Congrats guaranteed or standby?

Can I make a suggestion if you have guaranteed tickets?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Datitguy84 said:

I didn’t get mine till 11:40 EST. I was fully expecting to enter my data and it kick it back saying sold out after I submitted it. That has happened to me before several times 

congrats 

Not standby!!!!

24 minutes ago, Datitguy84 said:

congrats 

I got guarantee too! what suggestion?

57 minutes ago, html said:

I got guarantee too! what suggestion?

My suggestion is to make a day of it. Buy tickets for a Warner Brothers tour, they start at 8:30 I think. You will see a ton of awesome things. A must see if you are a movie and TV buff. The tour is about 2 1/2 hours long. That will take you up to 11:00. Then I would have lunch at Smokehouse Restuarant. It’s George Clooney’s favorite when he was on ER. They also filmed movies and part of The Office in there. Great food, great price. That will make you don’t to queue up by 2pm. Which is plenty early for guaranteed

Great advice! Not sure we will get there in time. This was an unexpected surprise so we will only be able to fly down for the day and fly back the next morning. Oh btw how late into the evening does it typically go. From what I gather it can go to 10pm?

12 minutes ago, AmyIRL said:

Great advice! Not sure we will get there in time. This was an unexpected surprise so we will only be able to fly down for the day and fly back the next morning. Oh btw how late into the evening does it typically go. From what I gather it can go to 10pm?

Usually you get out between 9-10

• Thanks 1

I was refreshing for 5 hours but I only got standby. I'm coming all the way from Singapore, what time should I get in line and how do I know where the line will form up from?

I would say, no joke, between 6 and 7 AM.  If you go to the first post, of this thread, there are descriptions as to where to line up. 

(just in case it was never written here) for all of you refreshing, it helps deleting full cache with cookies and everything else after every unsuccessful attempt and then refreshing again.

I obviously never tried it on anything else than PC so I can not give you any advice for tablets/smartphones

and yes, smokehouse restaurant is fine but bit pricey for my taste.  we always go to downtown burbank for lunch (just follow the olive ave) and there is plenty to choose from. last time we went to wood ranch bbq, I really liked it!

On 2/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, Datitguy84 said:

congrats 

Hi!

I'm trying to get a ticket for attending the show for a friend of mine. He'd come from Spain just to see it!

He's sick and I would love to get a ticket for him as a present.

Could you help me please?

Thank you soooo much.