The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

43 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes....😳🙁😢

That's the humanly way to put animals out of their miseries.

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

For me, a poor choice of words/comparison....

I get exactly where he's coming from.

At least this article ruled out a baby for Penny again. I thought they were being pretty clear on that. And it said that Johnny was as sure it should end as Jim. I also got that feeling, very strongly.

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

(Although now I’m thinking about Friends and Phoebe’s first viewing of the end of Old Yeller....and I’m laughing a little. Oh my. Disingenuous on my part??..)

I couldn't say. I've never watched a whole ep of Friends in my life.

Priya will make Lenny question their marriage, there's no way the writers aren't going to have her as one final little stir-up. Callbacks ya know?

Raj and Anu will move into Howard and Bernadette's house because a 3rd set is too expensive for TV's number one comedy

Edited by Shelldon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Please help me out here. For a non-native speaker, “putting down a dog” means figuratively euthanize, right?

When a dog or other animal is 'put down' it literally dies, not figuratively. However, when a child is 'put down' it means he is put into his cot to go to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

When a dog or other animal is 'put down' it literally dies, not figuratively. However, when a child is 'put down' it means he is put into his cot to go to sleep.

What you said is true! But nothing was said about a child! Just putting down the dog.

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

What you said is true! But nothing was said about a child! Just putting down the dog.

You're right. Just doing my job as a language teacher. It was my response to a request for an explanation of the idiom and I thought it best to make it a full one. The next time a non-English speaker heard the term somebody could have been talking about  child. Confusion would reign and the police might be called out for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

You're right. Just doing my job as a language teacher. It was my response to a request for an explanation of the idiom and I thought it best to make it a full one. The next time a non-English speaker heard the term somebody could have been talking about  child. Confusion would reign and the police might be called out for nothing.

Okay Dokay, way too much insight! But, that's alright!    8)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I couldn't say. I've never watched a whole ep of Friends in my life.

The character of Phoebe was quite eccentric and a little looney.  The rest of the characters were watching Old Yeller and it was toward the end.  Phoebe loved the movie when she was younger and apparently her (equally dysfunctional) mom switched off the movie just after the point where (huge spoiler alert-sorry---) Yeller kept the rabid wolf from attacking the family and/or their farm animals.   As she is watching, she sees Travis take a rifle and screams at him to put it down.  The episode is called "The One Where Old Yeller Dies".......

44 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

The character of Phoebe was quite eccentric and a little looney.  The rest of the characters were watching Old Yeller and it was toward the end.  Phoebe loved the movie when she was younger and apparently her (equally dysfunctional) mom switched off the movie just after the point where (huge spoiler alert-sorry---) Yeller kept the rabid wolf from attacking the family and/or their farm animals.   As she is watching, she sees Travis take a rifle and screams at him to put it down.  The episode is called "The One Where Old Yeller Dies".......

I've watched friends and Old Yeller. Haven't a problem with Friends!

19 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Any taping reports yet?

For what? Taping I believe is tonight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Or for us living in Europe, tomorrow morning.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My mistake sorry

Edited by Burberry
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy Taping Day. 

It's not hard to be happy after Thursday's episode.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It's not hard to be happy after Thursday's episode.

A certain pragmatism is appropriate. 😉

misc_466.gif.558aa3361d180dc9b03fb3f8fb32944f.gif

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy Taping Day. 

Yep, hopefully it's a good one!

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Before we had a TV we used to watch films at the cinema - or 'the pictures' as we called it. There was no switching off. I cried with sorrow for Old Yeller and for sentimentality when I saw Young Yeller gambolling across the screen. Then I got told off for sobbing in public and wasn't allowed to stay and sit through it again. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy Taping Day. 

After reading the main page, I'm wondering if there is a taping tonight. The main page of the forum has an article saying they were taking Thanksgiving off. There may not be a taping tonight!

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

After reading the main page, I'm wondering if there is a taping tonight. The main page of the forum has an article saying they were taking Thanksgiving off. There may not be a taping tonight!

According to the Taping and Broadcast thread there a taping tonight. No Episode is airing this week

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

According to the Taping and Broadcast thread there a typing tonight. No Episode is airing this week

Okay. Is that a taping or typing?😊😉:hi: