The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I'm not trying to analyze sheldon I'm just going on what tptb have shown us for 11 seasons Has he ever said anything good about his father?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nope, not until he was launching the rocket with Howard. 

14 hours ago, veejay said:

@Silver1984  I'm speechless...
Oh, wait, thank you very much! Spoilers are always appreciated. 😁

(Btw. There’s a question from Penny: Does he stay? Do they kiss? Does she find out about Montana? S8 - The Troll Manifestation)

<-groan->  Ha ha.

15 hours ago, Silver1984 said:

Sorry for not posting earlier. This was due to travelling and illness.

Thank you for the information, Silver1984. I hope you're feeling better. 

Next on the ultimate final season of TBBT:
The unexpected truth behind the beloved characters.

Beverly goes to a convent after she has become aware of the true meaning of empathy when she finds a hugging machine. Mary seeks help from an exorcist to finally drive the devil out of Sheldon. Penny finally mutates into a sweet but vengeful monkey. Raj appears as a bisexual transvestite and moves into Penny's old apartment...

bazinga.gif.a6b092464a3a12ae0ad528d2b87eeff5.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm not sure he cared more for Georgie, just that he knew better what to do with him.  Sheldon was perhaps the bigger worry. George Snr at least superficially was able to respond more positively to Georgie when they were on the same wavelength but he still made efforts with Sheldon. In any family, different children make different demands. If parents get a child who's nothing like anybody they've encountered before,it might be harder to know what to do but it doesn't mean they care for that child less than for the others.

If you say so. Personally, I think he just tolerated Sheldon!

42 minutes ago, veejay said:

Beverly goes to a convent after she has become aware of the true meaning of empathy when she finds a hugging machine. Mary seeks help from an exorcist to finally drive the devil out of Sheldon. Penny finally mutates into a sweet but vengeful monkey. Raj appears as a bisexual transvestite and moves into Penny's old apartment...

Interesting, very interesting indeed!

6 hours ago, chucky said:

If you say so. Personally, I think he just tolerated Sheldon!

Interesting, very interesting indeed!

Interesting  but highly unlikely

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

..as unlikely as you seem to know the writers?

1clue.gif.24dcfe175a6108b7d5df1247f6a4110d.gif

:shy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I'm sorry you had to live through that but I was talking about sheldon I can't remember in the first 11 seasons that sheldon said anything good about his dad all i remember is negative things

Because that's often what sticks out in your mind first when you're remembering. People are like that in many cases. The hard times sometimes stick in your mind more than the happier ones. And it's not like he talked about him all the time anyway and Sheldon is good as seeing perceived slights. The cheating dad thing they just pulled out of the air to explain the knocking anyway, which he didn't do from the start and I always thought was silly. it's something that was done, was considered amusing by TPTB and then they ran with it.

13 hours ago, Tensor said:

Probably not sarcasm.  I've seen parts of several different Friends episodes , but I haven't seen a full episode ever.  I don't intentionally look for it now, and if I come across it while flipping through the channels, I keep flipping.   From the parts I've seen, it doesn't do anything for me, but like Capt Hilts, I hear it's pretty good, from others.  

I'm the same way. I never saw a whole ep of Friends and I'm not interested in seeing a whole ep. I never cared for any of the actors on it at all and never got involved with it. But I know some people like it. When I went to New York with a close friend and our daughters she dragged me to the fountain just so we could say we were there. I didn't know what the hell she was talking about, but if it made her happy it was okay with me. We were in the park anyway. I wanted to see the carousel and my daughter wanted to see Strawberry Fields.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah i agree i mean R and R is one of my all time fav sitcom couples, and Friends is my fav sitcom of all time

What made Friends better IMO was the show didn't go on too long as TBBT has. Every storyline didn't have the main storyline as TBBT has about one character. On Friends it could of been about anyone.

• Like 4

It's Amy's project just as much, so they could perhaps should have explored that as well i.e. how she is dealing with it all and how she has come to terms with it. A reversal of roles would have been refreshing with Sheldon instead trying to motivate his wife back to doing science.  But then of course you wouldn't require a YS tie in for that.

Will have to see how it plays out but it sounds like her way getting back on track and motivated again is purely seeing Sheldon bounce back?  Bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's Amy's project just as much, so they could perhaps should have explored that as well i.e. how she is dealing with it all and how she has come to terms with it.

Will have to see how it plays out but it sounds like her way getting back on track and motivated again is purely seeing Sheldon bounce back?  Bit of a wasted opportunity, no?

Back on track. Because on TV the psychic makes sense....

the-big-bang-theory-featured.jpg

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, veejay said:

I'm a little but curious; does he weighs 200 pounds and has a skin condition. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Back on track. Because on TV the psychic makes sense....

...but only as long as the true savior can't be found. 😉

misc_091.gif.f615bc5a5f20bf39f38d4664346f3b93.gif

12 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I'm a little but curious; does he weighs 200 pounds and has a skin condition. :icon_cheesygrin:

Of course! Back to the future at the fourth floor and all circles are closed.

Edited by veejay
damn merging...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I agree, but was trying to be nice for a change! 8)

Edited by chucky

3 hours ago, veejay said:

..as unlikely as you seem to know the writers?

1clue.gif.24dcfe175a6108b7d5df1247f6a4110d.gif

:shy:

Do you really believe this is how it will play out?

42 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Do you really believe this is how it will play out?

I try to be a vigorous advocate of fun fictions. So, yes! 😉

The writers have taken completely implausible situations from the furthest corner (Leonard's kissing Mandy, Raj's crazy night with Penny, Sheldon's wonderful transformation into an amorous dandy etc.) and you doubt my seriousness as a fun-packed but serious spectator?
That almost offends me now. :shy:

Edited by veejay
further explanations
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, veejay said:

Then people will say they ripped off of Friends because Ross had a monkey ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bfm said:

Then people will say they ripped off of Friends because Ross had a monkey ;)

Well, I don't know much about Friends, but I know a lot about people. :shy:

n_566.gif.f57d4bb46a565fdf4b5ad5c9744eca91.gif

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The cheating dad thing they just pulled out of the air to explain the knocking anyway

No, it has been mentioned as early as S4E20 by Sheldon:

Sheldon: Mm, it’s hard to say. I can only speculate based on the data I collected watching my parents’ marriage implode. In that case, the woman dives into religion, while the man dives into a bottle-blonde bartender who tries to buy my love with action figures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, April said:

No, it has been mentioned as early as S4E20 by Sheldon:

Sheldon: Mm, it’s hard to say. I can only speculate based on the data I collected watching my parents’ marriage implode. In that case, the woman dives into religion, while the man dives into a bottle-blonde bartender who tries to buy my love with action figures.

Thank you. I vaguely remembered it was mentioned before, but didn't have any idea when.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, veejay said:

I literally thought those were real spoilers, I was excited about Beverly and the hugging machine lol.

giphy.gif

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I literally thought those were real spoilers, I was excited about Beverly and the hugging machine lol.

giphy.gif

Would Beverly even know what a hugging machine looks like?  Leonard probably would have to explain it to her and demonstrate how to use it properly!

36 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thank you. I vaguely remembered it was mentioned before, but didn't have any idea when.

Its the episode Howard proposed. More memorable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, veejay said:

I try to be a vigorous advocate of fun fictions. So, yes! 😉

The writers have taken completely implausible situations from the furthest corner (Leonard's kissing Mandy, Raj's crazy night with Penny, Sheldon's wonderful transformation into an amorous dandy etc.) and you doubt my seriousness as a fun-packed but serious spectator?
That almost offends me now. :shy:

I think  you should be writing on the show, implausible as it maybe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2018 at 5:44 AM, Silver1984 said:

Hi guys, there seem to be no details about the thanksgiving taping, so I’ll fill you in a little. Sorry for not posting earlier. This was due to travelling and illness.

To start with I was surprised that everything that had been taped, had already been broadcast. So we got to see 1209 which had already aired before the taping.

1210 is a direct continuation of 1209 “The Citation Negation”. I’ll give you the name of the episode when I am home and have dug out the little program of the show. There are lots of guest stars: Iain Armitage, Lance Barber, Montana Jordon and Christine Baranski. I almost screamed when I read this so my excitement was huge 😊.

Sheldon is still upset about the Russian Paper so Amy goes over to Lenny to find out if there is anything she can do that she hasn’t tried yet to cheer him up. Leonard suggests tea but Amy tells him that Sheldon now questions everything and has renamed tea into “leaf soup” 😉

So Leonard gives Amy an old video cassette and VCR with a recording Sheldon had apparently made as a child for himself for an emergency like this.

We get to see the first minutes of the tape (Iain speaks) but then the tape changes to a football match his father had taped so the original footage is gone. Sheldon is devastated. Leonard’s mother is video chatted for advice. While Sheldon is in the bedroom Amy continues to watch the video. After a while Sheldon comes out and asks “why are you watching this”? Amy explains that she hoped that there is something left of the recording. It is then when we get to see Lance Barber talking to his football team including Montana. The team had lost horribly so Lance explains that you actually learn more from mistakes than from success (this is actually very sweet). Both Amy and Sheldon are surprised to see his dad on tape. Then Amy begins thinking that they have made a mistake and that the Russian paper could be right but that there are more sides to super asymmetry (sorry, I can’t remember the exact wording). So in the end they are both back on track.

There is a little side story where Howard plays “the great Howdini” which is quite funny.

I liked this episode a lot because of its depth and the character development. It is also beautifully written and the video tape is an excellent means to bring in the Young Sheldon characters. If you have any questions please ask, I’ll try to answer them.

I knew there was a taping last week! I was told by a couple people that I was wrong. I was right. I see Tensor open the the Taping Chat thread last Tuesday. but miss it

Anyway, thank you for the info. Hope you had a great tinne and had a good Thanksgiving 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

1 hour ago, Babar said:

All they did was quoted the press release, which I already posted.

Michael Ausiello is a friend of the show and has been covering it for years. Therefore, I thought the article was worth sharing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1