Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, Burberry said:

I don’t think this episode will happen the writers are not a huge fan of Lenny 

The pre taped scene probably has something to do with shamy 

Probably the house Sheldon bought!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I like very much how this sounds: it might be a funny adventure to these guys! Very curious now!

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I like very much how this sounds: it might be a funny adventure to these guys! Very curious now!

Paintball maybe?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Paintball maybe?

My thoughts exactly!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, veejay said:

You're kidding, right?
Ok, I don't know anything about the habits of the British Commonwealth in house building in India, but that seems a little far-fetched to me. 😀

It looks pre-Commonwealth in age but could be  Empire - era. (IIRC  The British Commonwealth was established in the 1950s. India is a prominent member.) India's a sub-continent with a vast variety of climate and vegetation, and so boasts many differences in architectural  style. I'm not an expert, but I have seen many videos that friends have brought back from weddings in India. It looks like somewhere the PTB might choose to film to kid us the gang had gone to India for the wedding and were staying at someone's house.

It was the plants and winding drive that made me think of  India really, plus the sun- shutters at the window. I think it's more likely to be somewhere they've all gone for a weekend to bond if RajAnu are still planning on February.

Hair crew at the outdoor location.  You can hear Johnny and Kaley taping a scene in the background.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Hair crew at the outdoor location.  You can hear Johnny and Kaley taping a scene in the background.

First we see women in puffy winter coats and then it pans far enough to see a guy in shorts. Odd combination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can’t believe this is what the writers choose to do for the last season maybe I’m wrong but they are wasting their time on filler episodes. I expected far more from tv’s #1 comedy

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

First we see women in puffy winter coats and then it pans far enough to see a guy in shorts. Odd combination.

Where could they be that's so cold in California ? According to Sheldon in S9 the temperature is in the 70s F  even in November. If we get temperatures in England like that in July or August ( which we do some years and they can even last a week or more ) the newspaper headlines say, 'Phew ! It's a scorcher' and shorts and sleeveless tops are everywhere. So is the house in a hot place or a cold one ? 

5 minutes ago, Burberry said:

I can’t believe this is what the writers choose to do for the last season maybe I’m wrong but they are wasting their time on filler episodes. I expected far more from tv’s #1 comedy

You're upset about a callback to a favorite pastime for the original five, but now including Amy and Bernadette?  I think this is perfect for the final season.

What do you think they should they be doing instead?

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, vonmar said:

You're upset about a callback to a favorite pastime for the original five, but now including Amy and Bernadette?  I think this is perfect for the final season.

Not a good group episode plot

22 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Not to mention a good group episode plot

Edited by Jedichic98

Just now, vonmar said:

How so?  It appears that they are all playing paintball.

Typo I meant it looked like a good group plot I'm very excited for this 

• Like 2

So it could be paintball and Leonard is with Penny, Bernie and Anu... He'd probably be panting somewhere behind them most of the time...

Weird combinations there...Shamy with Raj and Howard, this only happens in Fun with Flags. I wonder what ideas the writers had that made them split the group this way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Where could they be that's so cold in California ? According to Sheldon in S9 the temperature is in the 70s F  even in November. If we get temperatures in England like that in July or August ( which we do some years and they can even last a week or more ) the newspaper headlines say, 'Phew ! It's a scorcher' and shorts and sleeveless tops are everywhere. So is the house in a hot place or a cold one ? 

I looked at the 14 day trend from today in Hollywood. In deg F just because that's what you used.

image.png.af2f76d092e72baebe722ef93b9d2d4b.png

It is looking a little cooler than their typical for daytime highs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

So it could be paintball and Leonard is with Penny, Bernie and Anu... He'd probably be panting somewhere behind them most of the time...

Weird combinations there...Shamy with Raj and Howard, this only happens in Fun with Flags. I wonder what ideas the writers had that made them split the group this way.

Agreed it does look like a weird combination, maybe Amy is taking Leonard's place in paintball  because Lenny have their own plot?.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bfm said:

Given the picture Mayim posted on Kaley's birthday, they may also be taping on the Atheneum set.

Maybe Raj and Anu are looking at potential venues..? The Atheneum could be for USA guests, watching via web, or maybe they changed their plans and will be having their wedding in the US after all? Or maybe it is for an egagement party?

Or something totally different...

True, who knows what they (TPTB) are thinking!

57 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

maybe Amy is taking Leonard's place in paintball  because Lenny have their own plot?.

We can only hope!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vonmar said:

Are Lenny going to buy the house, do we think, or perhaps just the loft while someone else buys downstairs i?

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I looked at the 14 day trend from today in Hollywood. In deg F just because that's what you used.

image.png.af2f76d092e72baebe722ef93b9d2d4b.png

It is looking a little cooler than their typical for daytime highs. 

Thanks. So it can go down to 45F  at night which is around 5C and about 54F/12C in the daytime, which would certainly have me wearing a jacket and hat if I had to sit around in the shade in the early morning.  If they are used to higher temperatures they'll probably think it's cold, hence the puffers. Their lows are similar to the highs we've had this week. Our local forecaster calls those temperatures 'relatively mild for the time of year' BTW. It's thanks to what we've been getting across the Atlantic ,but apparently we're getting it from the Arctic starting tomorrow.

Edited by joyceraye

16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Are Lenny going to buy the house, do we think, or perhaps just the loft while someone else buys downstairs i?

IDK, it seems like a pretty isolated place, surrounded by trees, I don't see Lenny buying such a place. There's really no reason for Lenny to move, especially if they're not gonna have children.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

IDK, it seems like a pretty isolated place, surrounded by trees, I don't see Lenny buying such a place. There's really no reason for Lenny to move, especially if they're not gonna have children.

It could still be near the middle of town but with a drive and a garden - a bit upmarket of the present multi-storey  block of flats with no working lift. People tend to want to become owners after renting for so many years anyway. Penny said she would like to move to a loft. 

The building may not be a house for sale of course : it could be a restaurant or something. According to the ticket thread there are people going to the taping so we may know by tomorrow.

• Like 1

If you listen to the audio in the last IG post. Leonard's complaining that Penny picked someone else (can't tell who) over him.

So, most likely paintball, not buying the house or visiting family.

• Like 4