The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

I listened a few times to the audio of Faye Wood's IG posting via headphones. This is what I got:

Penny: "Aw, could you pick Leonard?" *

[Something I didn't understand]

Penny: "Okay, I can prove it"

Howard [yes, I'm pretty sure it's Simon's voice!]: "Really? You're picking her over me?

Penny: "Ya, 'cause she is vicious and can hide behind (?) a mushroom."

Edited by luminous
addition
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

I listened a few times to the audio of Faye Wood's IG posting via headphones. This is what I got:

Penny: "Aw, could you pick Leonard?" 

Howard [yes, I'm pretty sure it's Simon's voice!]: "Really? You're picking her over me?

Yes @luminous ! We heard it the same!  

• Like 1

So there's some sort of competition in the house, or the house is the objective of a paintball battle ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

So there's some sort of competition in the house, or the house is the objective of a paintball battle ?

Maybe it's not about the house at all but rather the forest around the house.

• It's a Tiara 1

33 minutes ago, April said:

Ah yes - perhaps there's a paintball battle there. I wonder what rank Sheldon will have awarded himself by now ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luminous said:

I definitely think they are doing a competition. It sounded to me Penny wanted Leonard on the other team but ended up on hers. maybe she remembers Scavenger Vortex. The audio suggests to me the last two to be picked were Howard and Bernadette.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luminous said:

So it seems that Penny is her teams leader, so it's safe to say that Sheldon is the other teams leader. Penny appears to not want Leonard on her team , which doesn't make sense. As if this is paintball we know Leonard has played it before. But there is no evidence that Bernadette has,so why pick her. I'm guessing Sheldon got to choose first and neither want Leonard. The last two will probably be Leonard and Amy and Sheldon will pick Amy. Leaving Penny stuck with Leonard as some sort of booby prize. He'll probably be the joke of the game and if Penny's team lose they'll make it Leonard's fault.  

But we'll have to wait and see.

PS: I just listened to the audio I'm not sure but it sounds like Penny does pick Leonard. But there's too much background noise for to hear properly so it might be what Luminous said it was. 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 2

For all the funny voice researchers I've put a little edited excerpt mp3-file for you to listen (or download) online.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/da39yk5h8wpejyg/cut.mp3?dl=0

That's what I heard.

Penny: Aw, I take Leonard….all the time. (?)

Penny: Ok, I prefer that. (?)

Howard: [yes, I'm pretty sure it's Simon's voice!]: "Really? You're picking her over me? (OK)

Penny: "Ya, 'cause she is vicious and can hide behind (?) a mushroom." (OK)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, April said:

Yes I think the house could be an unintentional red herring (the house was in Pretty Little liars  if anyone cares. Also Stuart’s girlfriend is posed with Leonard (both in fatigues) in an instagram story- so she and probably also Stuart are part of this.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

Yes I think the house could be an unintentional red herring (the house was in Pretty Little liars  if anyone cares. Also Stuart’s girlfriend is posed with Leonard (both in fatigues) in an instagram story- so she and probably also Stuart are part of this.  

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Like 1

To clear some things up for everyone.  Last year, when I took the tour,  there is a small area on the back lot that has a small lagoon, a small structure, and a couple of older houses further down a dirt road.  The interior of the structure has been used for the Paintball shed since the beginning of the show(it's bigger than how it appears in the show, but they can get the equipment into the other 2/3s of the shed.  Note in the picture, what you can see is only about a third of the width of the shed.

DSC01361.JPG

So, yes, the house probably has nothing to do with the episode, (if you continue on the dirt road here back a few hundred feet from this shed, the lagoon is to the left and the houses are further along, past the lagoon.)   Also to the left, near the lagoon, was the restaurant from "True Blood")   and the location has everything to do with paintball.   If you all remember the charge of Leonard, Raj, and Howard, after Sheldon sacrifices himself in "The Skank Reflex Analysis", they guys are charging towards the lagoon, that's why it appears they are charging downhill.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, veejay said:

For all the funny voice researchers I've put a little edited excerpt mp3-file for you to listen (or download) online.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/da39yk5h8wpejyg/cut.mp3?dl=0

That's what I heard.

Penny: Aw, I take Leonard….all the time. (?)

Penny: Ok, I prefer that. (?)

Howard: [yes, I'm pretty sure it's Simon's voice!]: "Really? You're picking her over me? (OK)

Penny: "Ya, 'cause she is vicious and can hide behind (?) a mushroom." (OK)

Thanks for doing that, to me it still sounds like:

Penny: Awe i'm gonna pick Leonard....One time. could be this time. not sure which it is

Penny: Okay i can prove it.

Howard: Really you're picking her over me?

Penny:Ya because she's viscious  and can hide behind a mushroom.

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 3

I'm not surprised if no one wants Leonard on their team, and he will probably be messing up all the time, panting somewhere behind... The usual lame Leonard jokes. Her not wanting to pick him is like a reverse Scavenger but I don't know if they remember it.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

I'm not surprised if no one wants Leonard on their team, and he will probably be messing up all the time, panting somewhere behind... The usual lame Leonard jokes. Her not wanting to pick him is like a reverse Scavenger but I don't know if they remember it.

Yeah if they did that it would be lame and make absolutely know sense as we know Leonard has played paintball( If that's what their doing) before on numerous occasions. So having him be a unwanted useless team mate would just be really bad writing and not at all funny.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, luminous said:

Pretty sure it's Bernadette she's picking over Howard (from context).

11 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Yeah if they did that it would be lame and make absolutely know sense as we know Leonard has played paintball( If that's what their doing) before on numerous occasions. So having him be a unwanted useless team mate would just be really bad writing and not at all funny.

I wouldn't say it doesn't make any sense, we haven't seen him actually play and we know he's not good in physical activity, although that applies to pretty much all the guys. 

If they do that I don't think it would make me upset, just bored because they played this so much. If they put a twist to it it may be good. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

But paintball is competitive. The only one of the seven who has any athletic ability is Penny. Thus logically Penny’s team should win. The guys have lost to little kids on the show. Also it appears Denise is playing too. My guess is the three guys with Amy in the car are a team and Leonard and the three women are a team.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bfm said:

I wouldn't say it doesn't make any sense, we haven't seen him actually play and we know he's not good in physical activity, although that applies to pretty much all the guys. 

You are right we haven't seen him play, however we do know the guys  won a trophy playing paintball so whilst we haven't seen him or any of the fuys play  we know he can.

55 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But paintball is competitive. The only one of the seven who has any athletic ability is Penny. Thus logically Penny’s team should win. The guys have lost to little kids on the show. Also it appears Denise is playing too. My guess is the three guys with Amy in the car are a team and Leonard and the three women are a team.

Yeah I agree. Some are making a mole out of a mountain hill here. It makes a lot of sense Penny would want to be on the team that wins. Just look at how competitive she was in Scavenger Hunt. So what if Leonard’s not on Penny’s team. He was Bernadette partner previously. It’s just a harmless silly competition.  Leonard’s not a in shape, athletic guy. Remember the episode in S6. With the whole tenure thing. And he nearly died in the gym lol? Come on now.

I don’t know what the activity they are doing. But all of this makes sense to me at least. I see this no different to The Scavenger Hunt Vortex. When you had Leonard/Bernadette, Sheldon/Penny, Howard/Amy. I don’t think it’s necessarily going to be a Let’s make Leonard squirm episode. But just like seeing different dynamics. Which is good. As it’s mostjy couple dynamics these days. I well have to wait for more information as usual. 

resizedimage600298-Leonard-stretches.png

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

If this is really about paintball, I can only imagine one dream team. Everything else is malarkey. Period!  :icon_cheesygrin:

o_292.gif.dbd49ccaa5e1c25c87a380c7af3c0349.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

You are right we haven't seen him play, however we do know the guys  won a trophy playing paintball so whilst we haven't seen him or any of the fuys play  we know he can.

But who was the competition..?

On 12/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, 3ku11 said:

So your saying TBBT has no continuity? That’s still no excuse for lazy writing. At this stage it’s less going out with a Big Bang. And more im too old for this crap. 

I am saying there is often no continuity. There's been some but not always.

Could Raj be having a paintball pre-wedding party? I know I'm reaching here, but if he's getting married on Valentine's Day...

From TBBT You Tube Channel...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Members of the Caltech (see I can get it), Geology department, among others.  

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Actually, we have seen him play.  He was firing with both hands as him, Raj, and Howard charged after Sheldon sacrificed himself (and looking at the shots that hit Sheldon, the other team seemed to be pretty good shots.   Now, the other team may have been out of ammo, they possibly fired it all at Sheldon, but they still needed to get all of them before they reloaded.   Since they did win the trophy, it seems they were able to get all of the other team, before they were able to reload, indicating they had some sort of skill in this particular activity.   See, The Skank Reflex Analysis.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Good question!