The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

This sounds like the first classic unless it's being embellished

Raj might just learn from this experience that he doesn't actually want to hop to marriages right away, and this way the next girl he dates he won't scare her away by planning their wedding since he learnt his lesson there (at least if they make up it looks like he'll have an arc with her before V-Day instead of the next plot we see of him being their wedding)

Stuart finally not living with Howardette might be a bigger turning point than Sheldon moving out of Lenny's

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

This sounds like the first classic unless it's being embellished

Raj might just learn from this experience that he doesn't actually want to hop to marriages right away, and this way the next girl he dates he won't scare her away by planning their wedding since he learnt his lesson there (at least if they make up it looks like he'll have an arc with her before V-Day instead of the next plot we see of him being their wedding)

Stuart finally not living with Howardette might be a bigger turning point than Sheldon moving out of Lenny's

Do you think Stuart will be the next one to get married after all then ? Shamy were engaged before they'd been shacked up a year. Stunise have similar interests, they've worked together, Sheldon approves of Denise, and Stuart isn't the jerk to women that Raj is.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Do you think Stuart will be the next one to get married after all then ? Shamy were engaged before they'd been shacked up a year. Stunise have similar interests, they've worked together, Sheldon approves of Denise, and Stuart isn't the jerk to women that Raj is.

Shamy were dating much longer than Stunise before they got engaged. This being said, there are people who get engage after dating for less than a year, especially if they're in their thirties. Anyway, I don't think Sheldon's approval matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Shamy were dating much longer than Stunise before they got engaged. This being said, there are people who get engage after dating for less than a year, especially if they're in their thirties. Anyway, I don't think Sheldon's approval matters.

Affirmative! 

• Like 1

My opinions on the article:

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theory-character-exits-need-to-go/

Hurt:

9. Eric Galbebhauser   Irrelevant - Neither Gablehauser nor Siebert were needed more than the episodes that utilized them.

8. Dan: Pharmaceutical Rep Boss   Same - He was in two episodes, (or was it three).

7. Priya  Her story was done. Why have her back (except for Raj's wedding, if it happens).

6. Meemaw  Not the version TBBT portrayed. Maybe at Sheldon's wedding, but that's all. She lives in Texas and is old.

5. Mike Rostenkowiski   Could have been used more, but they have a cast of regulars to service. How many stories can they really fit him into.

4. Missy Cooper  Lives in Texas. I'd have liked to see more of her (wink, wink). But again, unless a story called for it. Maybe she could have been in the episode where she gave birth.

3. Siebert  - Irrelevant - Neither Gablehauser nor Siebert were needed more than the episodes that utilized them.

2. Mrs Wolowitz  Carol Ann died so it was fitting Mrs. Wolowitz followed

1. Claire   Like the actress, did not like the the character. She was only there to break up Raj and Emily.

Needs to go:

11. Anu   Hope not. Good match for Raj. Let's hope they get over the Paintball episode problem

10. Beverly A little Beverly goes a long way. I'd be fine with another return visit.

9. Halley   We've never seen Halley. Bobby Hill's voice is just not babyish enough.

8. Larry Fowler Larry's great... especially when he doesn't talk. He gets his point across. But it's also cool hearing Teller talk.

7. Denise   Why? She's fine. Stuart needed to find a geek like himself

6. Mrs Koothrappali  Haven't been used for awhile. Probably back for ex spatting at the wedding.

5. Bert  AGREE

4. Barry Kripke  Naw... Occasional Kripke is good Kripke

3. Dr Koothrappali Haven't been used for awhile. Probably back for ex spatting at the wedding.

2. Arthur Jefferirs  I think he was used just one time too many. His last episode was not needed

1. Stuart   Really? Who thinks Stuart, who's been here since season 1 needs to go? Silly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I'm sure Sheldon's approval matters to nobody but Sheldon but it will save a few moans and groans from him if the time comes.

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

I got this from Nicole this morning.  If anyone has any questions, PM me and I’ll pass it on.  She said she would answer if she remembers. 

Just tell her thank you. I think she's being awesome.

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

Actually, no it doesn’t.   She was shown as being afraid of getting married, you don’t do things you’re afraid of on a whim.  Now, if you want to chalk it up to the alcoholic they turned Penny into, that’s more likely. 

You win comment of the day.

2 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Agreed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, April said:

Well, Penny also thought Vegas weddings were a joke and not real. I don't think she would have done it if she thought it was a proper wedding.

As another way of looking at it, this also disproves the point I was answering.  If she’s afraid of getting married, or she had no trouble doing it when she thought it was a joke, Its a case of her not getting married on a whim. 

4 hours ago, April said:

Anyway, thanks for the TR!

You’re welcome.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to get anything. She contacted me this morning. 

@Tensor, many thanks to you and Nicole! The taping report was an awesome surprise this morning!

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Nicole passed along some bloopers. I’m currently out for dinner, when I get home, I’ll copy them over here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

I got this from Nicole this morning.  If anyone has any questions, PM me and I’ll pass it on.  She said she would answer if she remembers. 

Name: The Paintball Scattering.
In addition to the main cast, we have President Siebert, Anu, Denise and a couple of others with small parts.
***This is not scene by scene, just a summary of the episode as a whole.***
Shamy’s paper has been published and it is getting really positive feedback from the science community.  Siebert allows Shamy to eat in his private dining room, and tells them there is a lot of press to be done.  He wants Amy to do the press and Sheldon to stay out of it.  At first, Sheldon understands, but when a website publishes an interview titled “The Neurobiologist Who Revolutionized Physics” he gets very upset and blames Amy for it.  They fight through a few scenes, and at one point Amy points out she talks about Sheldon constantly through the interview and “I didn’t write the headline.”
Leonard and Penny want to have a paintball game, and throughout the episode they get Shamy, Howadette, Raj/Anu, and Denise/Stuart to join them.  (Howard volunteers both him and Bernadette without asking her, because he knows she will be game, “I’ve been pretty annoying lately and she’s gonna want to shoot me.”)
There is a comic book store scene that has Raj offering to install a doorbell alarm for Anu (he has one and loves it), and Denise tells Leonard/Penny/Stuart that her roommate is moving out and she hasn’t been able to find a new one wink wink nudge nudge.  Penny says to Stuart “you hear that?  SHE NEEDS A ROOMMATE” and he either flees to the back of the store or out the door, depending on what take they use.
Later, Stuart is telling Howardette and Raj that Denise wasn’t mad, “she said she was fine.”  They all know that wording is a bad sign and start consoling him.  Raj gets a notification on his phone from Anu’s new doorbell alarm and Bernadette tells him it’s wrong to check it.  He says “who is this guy?” and she is interested.  They see Anu hug a man and invite him in.
At the paintball game, Denise and Penny are captains. Denise picks Leonard first.  He is very confused about being picked first for anything.  Penny picks Bernadette.  I don’t recall who all is on the teams but I think Shamy is on the same team, and so is Raj/Anu.  Stuart is picked last but still picked (by Penny, who pretends there are more people to choose from so he feels better about it, but he is still thrilled because sometimes he doesn’t get picked even when there is no one else left).
During the game the fighting couples fight more intensely, and Raj makes some smart mouth comments to Anu before revealing he knows she had a guy over.  She admits it was her ex, he came to pick up some stuff, and they still talk but she isn’t cheating on Raj.  She demands he take the app off his phone, and that she should trust him.  He yells “HOW CAN I TRUST YOU I HARDLY KNOW YOU” and they stare at each other.  While this is going on, Denise finds Stuart and shoots him about 20 times.
Leonard finds Penny peeking out of her team’s base and says “bang, I got you.”  She said “why don’t you shoot me then?” he said they are too close together and it will hurt.  She says “no it won’t” and shoots him.  He is in pain and she still doesn’t believe they are too close so he shoots her and she’s like “oh wow okay that does hurt.” (They’re not fighting, I thought it was kind of an adorable scene in a way.)
At one point, Bernadette shoots Howard and he says “ow” and she offers to “kiss it and make it better,” and they go into one of the sheds to have sex.  Denise walks in on them when she tries to get the team flag and they throw it out the door to her.
Anu storms off, and Raj offers to drive her home but she refuses.  Shamy is also leaving and they offer to take her with them.  Leonard and Penny find Stuart and he admits he is scared to move too fast and lose Denise.  They both kinda give him a pep talk and Leonard at one point basically says he doesn’t think the fear of losing the person important to you ever goes away.  That leads to Stuart apologizing to Denise and swearing he’s serious about the relationship, he’s just scared.  Denise says she understands and she doesn’t want to mess it up, either.
Tag is Shamy giving a joint interview.  The interviewer asks Sheldon a question first, and it is one that Siebert had initially warned him might get asked (about the Russian paper).  Sheldon tells Amy he’ll wait in the car and runs off, and Amy smiles at the interviewer and turns the microphone back toward herself.

That does sound kinda cute lol. Nice refreshing change of pace. Lenny are doing something they have in common. And of course not leading to a predictable fight. And Yes Lenny are the nucleus couple. And arguably the most charismatic couple on the show. Some may say sounds Mediocre. But it’s refreshing to see a fun group episode for once. So we’ll see how it plays out. Looks like it’s not a typical Leonard is chosen last thing. Seeing Denise picked Leonard first. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Nicole passed along some bloopers. I’m currently out for dinner, when I get home, I’ll copy them over here. 

Thank Nicole for the information and thanks to you for passing it on.

I love the idea of a gang paintball episode, it was on my TBBT bucket list, so this will probably jump to my favorite season 12 episode when it airs. 

I sort of wish Anu and Raj would break up, I still would like if Missy would revisit, right after her divorce, and within two episodes they would hook up, run off and get married in Las Vegas.  It would be so funny if the show ended with Raj being Sheldon’s brother-in-law.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

Thanks @Tensor and please make sure that Nicole knows how much we appreciate this.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I love the idea of a gang paintball episode, it was on my TBBT bucket list, so this will probably jump to my favorite season 12 episode when it airs. 

I sort of wish Anu and Raj would break up, I still would like if Missy would revisit, right after her divorce, and within two episodes they would hook up, run off and get married in Las Vegas.  It would be so funny if the show ended with Raj being Sheldon’s brother-in-law.

That would be absolutely hilarious! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bfm said:

I got engaged 5 months after meeting my wife for the first time, got married 4 months after that , and we've been married for 26 years. I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no right or wrong. It is what works for each individual couple.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I got engaged 5 months after meeting my wife for the first time, got married 4 months after that , and we've been married for 26 years. I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no right or wrong. It is what works for each individual couple.

Of course not. I think it may be less common to get engaged after months but it definitely happens, as you say, whatever fits the couple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

Yes it would make sense. As Missy thought Raj was the cutest. Out of all the guys in Season 1 The Pork Chop Interdeterminancy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

What for you would be a good episode ?

Simple spend far less time and episodes on Shamy plots , Sheldon/Shamy have had a plot in every episode except for two this season, they have had way too much already imo. Which is made worse with it been the final season of the show, so they should  cut back on the Shamy plots and let the other pairings/characters have some more instead.

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Simple spend far less time and episodes on Shamy plots , Sheldon/Shamy have had a plot in every episode except for one this season, they have had way too much already imo. Which is made worse with it been the final season of the show, so they should  cut back on the Shamy plots and let the other pairings/characters have some more instead.

The Disproportionate Screen time has been an issue for years. This episode sounds promising. As it’s a group episode. Tbbt is at its best when they utilise the whole cast. In Friends Monica and Chandler diddnt take over the show. All the characters had evenly distributed screen time. You can’t say that about this show. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The Disproportionate Screen time has been an issue for years. This episode sounds promising. As it’s a group episode. Tbbt is at its best when they utilise the whole cast. In Friends Monica and Chandler diddnt take over the show. All the characters had evenly distributed screen time. You can’t say that about this show. 

I know it's been disproportionate for years, but with it been the final season i hoped they would spread the plots between all the characters/parings . Not continue to have Sheldon/Shamy dominate with so many plots about them. Actually to me the TR  reads like the main plot is about Shamy(again), the paintball game that Lenny arrange  is the b plot, which contains smaller plots for Howardette/Ranu and Stenise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

Ok, here are bloopers that Nicole passed along to me, this evening.  Again, thank you so much Nicole for the taping information and the bloopers:  

In the cold open, Leonard is reacting to what Sheldon is saying, and the camera holds on him, and everyone was laughing at his expression, and then we heard someone yell "Johnny" and we realized the pause wasn't in the script and he just forgot it was his line.

Also in the cold open, Mayim forgot it was her line, and she was just messing with a food container. Jim looked at her and said "it's your turn," and she jumped and said "wait was I supposed to say something?" At that point Johnny turned to the audience and said "this isn't even real champagne!" (Cold open was Lenny and Shamy celebrating the publication of the paper.)

They called cut on a scene early (to rewrite a line) and before the monitors cut out, Joshua Malina looked right into the camera and struck a pose. The pose Malina struck was he put his hand on his hip and jutted it out. It was hilarious.

Rati was saying a bit of a lengthy sentence and she slurred two words together and immediately started the line over, they yelled cut and she just threw her hands up and said "yeah that was (something I couldn't make out.)" In that same scene, Kunal had a line (involving a raccoon that was huge from eating his cheese of the month club - something he knows from his doorbell camera) that kept making him laugh and he would look at the monitors and smirk and shake his head.

In one group scene they kept on cutting and redoing the same exchange, and once when the monitors were off (this was on a set way off to the side) we hear Kunal over the mic, "should we do better acting?"

During the same exchange they were doing over and over, after Kunal asked that, Kevin said something and Melissa started her response immediately (the sympathy for Stuart when he was saying what Denise said when he apologized for running away from her) and Kunal leaned over and was like "you have to wait for the laugh, Melissa!"

Kevin and Lauren kept having to repeat a kiss and they kept laughing, first time I thought it was a blooper but they did it each time (this is right at the end of the scene) so I'm still not entirely sure if that was them or the characters.

The interviewer at the end said "Dr. Sheldon" instead of Dr. Cooper and she caught it before they did - "So Dr. Sheldon...*throws hands in the air and laughs* Dr. Sheldon." *monitors cut out*

Thanks for posting and thank you Nicole!  (It would be beyond nice and appropriate if Nicole and Roxanne got some recognition for being the hosts of The Big Bang Buzz podcast!!!!)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Simple spend far less time and episodes on Shamy plots , Sheldon/Shamy have had a plot in every episode except for two this season, they have had way too much already imo. Which is made worse with it been the final season of the show, so they should  cut back on the Shamy plots and let the other pairings/characters have some more instead.

I'd love more ensemble eps but I think this should be Raj's season. It's his turn. But I don't mind Stuart and Denise. I've always had a soft spot for Stuart.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I know it's been disproportionate for years, but with it been the final season i hoped they would spread the plots between all the characters/parings . Not continue to have Sheldon/Shamy dominate with so many plots about them. Actually to me the TR  reads like the main plot is about Shamy(again), the paintball game that Lenny arrange  is the b plot, which contains smaller plots for Howardette/Ranu and Stenise.

I guess the paintball plot is a way to get the whole ensemble involved as they did not have a Christmas episode. And yes I agree much too much Sheldon/Shamy already.  One thing that bothers me again in the paintball episode....why did they have Denise pick Leonard?  Why do they always keep Lenny from being together in an ensemble episode.  Scavenger Vortex comes to mind,  the gender night episode as well.  Just don't get it

• Like 1