The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I guess the paintball plot is a way to get the whole ensemble involved as they did not have a Christmas episode. And yes I agree much too much Sheldon/Shamy already.  One thing that bothers me again in the paintball episode....why did they have Denise pick Leonard?  Why do they always keep Lenny from being together in an ensemble episode.  Scavenger Vortex comes to mind,  the gender night episode as well.  Just don't get it

I think it's this kind of act of protest against Stuart, she's not picking him. I don't mind that, Lenny still seem to have a cute scene. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Thanks for posting and thank you Nicole!  (It would be beyond nice and appropriate if Nicole and Roxanne got some recognition for being the hosts of The Big Bang Buzz podcast!!!!)

You’re absolutely right. Thanks, by the way. I didn't know that the blog is still up to date.

w_02.gif.96b968016ba55a615c73dccd5bf706c8.gif

Bigbangbuzz-Podcast

n_341.gif.7a0086fc6b28378db820f35f8995814c.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think it's this kind of act of protest against Stuart, she's not picking him. I don't mind that, Lenny still seem to have a cute scene. 

Yeah, you are probably right but why Leonard?  All the other couples are together.  It just seems they always manage to separate them.

5 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah, you are probably right but why Leonard?  All the other couples are together.  It just seems they always manage to separate them.

No there not. Bernadette Shoots Howard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

No there not. Bernadette Shoots Howard

He probably deserved it!:sungum:

From usatoday.com

'Big Bang Theory' exclusive: Watch Sheldon Cooper get advice from his 'Young' self

Not really interested in this TBBT/YS crossover thing, so I quote a part of the article that's related only to TBBT:

Having both shows "provides all these fun opportunities, but at the same time, especially this being our last season, we don't just want to make it a parade of grown-up guest stars from 'Young Sheldon.' We really want to focus on this show and these characters," he says, with just 14 episodes remaining after Thursday's show, the fall finale. 

As "Big Bang" heads toward the finish line, it will continue exploring current stories, including Penny and Leonard's differing views about having children and Raj's wedding plans with Anu – Holland is mum on whether that means a trip to India. Penny and Bernadette may get closer at work, too.

The finale isn't written yet, but "we know what we want," says Holland, who has discussed it with fellow executive producers Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro. "We know the ending we're driving for, and we're excited about it."

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Carlos said:

I got engaged 5 months after meeting my wife for the first time, got married 4 months after that , and we've been married for 26 years. I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no right or wrong. It is what works for each individual couple.

My best friend's parents met one night in the blitz, contacted the Archbishop of Canterbury who issued a licence, and they got married as soon as it was light. They were together until death did them part. OTOH an uncle and aunt of mine had been courting 15 years since they were 13 before they were in a position to marry, what with their age, finances, the war and so on and they too were together for life.

• Like 1

My prediction is Stuart and Denise will be married next. It doesn’t get better than this for Stuart. if they were going to break them up last night could of been it. In regards to Raj and Anu it seems the writing is on the wall. I’m guessing she’s not the one for Raj.

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My prediction is Stuart and Denise will be married next. It doesn’t get better than this for Stuart. if they were going to break them up last night could of been it. In regards to Raj and Anu it seems the writing is on the wall. I’m guessing she’s not the one for Raj.

That's how I feel as well!!

1 hour ago, luminous said:

(3 pictures) 

As usual Kaley's acting skills and facial expressions are amazing!

• Like 1

From Deadline Hollywood

‘The Big Bang Theory’: Chuck Lorre Talks Finale Plans & Emotional Last Season

The Big Bang Theory is in the midst of its final season as CBS’ signature sitcom is preparing to sign off in May 2019 after a 12-year run that began in September 2007. With the end in sight, the idea for the series finale is starting to shape up, co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre told Deadline on Thursday in a phone interview tied to the three Emmy nominations for his newest comedy series, Netflix’sThe Kominsky Method.

“We’re coming up on Christmas break, we have one more episode to shoot before we break,” Lorre said. “We definitely have discussed the finale. And we have a general idea of what we are aiming for with May and the finale. These days there’s a lot of melancholy in the background at all times. It’s been a 12-year project that has been really just a joy. It’s going to be very, very sad to let it go.”

The Big Bang Theory remains one of the most popular on television — Season 11 averaged 18.9 million viewers and was the second most watched series of last season (behind Roseanne) and among adults 18-49, Big Bang was the second highest-rated entertainment program (behind NBC’s This Is Us).

The call to end the multi-camera series series was made in August after one of the stars, Jim Parsons, reportedly had decided not to continue beyond Season 12. In the months since that announcement, Lorre said he’s been in reflective mood. It’s hard to say goodbye to a close-knit crew and cast, he said. That has led to a lot of tearful moments on a set that is accustomed to life with a laugh track.

“The years pass and you celebrate birthdays and you know the other day we had a little birthday celebration for [co-stars] Kelly Cuoco and for Kevin Susman and both times each of them said, ‘You know this will be the last birthday I celebrate on The Big Bang Theory set. And you hear that and you go from singing songs and blowing out candles to getting all choked up. You start to eat cake but then you’re thinking of everything you’ll miss.”

<full article in the link>

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The call to end the multi-camera series series was made in August after one of the stars, Jim Parsons, reportedly had decided not to continue beyond Season 12. In the months since that announcement, Lorre said he’s been in reflective mood.

I still think Jim did the right thing.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I still think Jim did the right thing.

Of course he did. I applaud him for it.

• Like 3

The Futon Critic has updated their listings. Previously, it showed that the show's winter premiere would be on January 10th, with a rerun scheduled the week before. However, both of those notes have been removed. Therefore, it's possible that the series may return on January 3rd. I guess we'll know for certain when the eleventh episode is officially announced.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/big-bang-theory/listings/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

The Futon Critic has updated their listings. Previously, it showed that the show's winter premiere would be on January 10th, with a rerun scheduled the week before. However, both of those notes have been removed. Therefore, it's possible that the series may return on January 3rd. I guess we'll know for certain when the eleventh episode is officially announced.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/big-bang-theory/listings/

Thank you!

23 hours ago, luminous said:

From usatoday.com

'Big Bang Theory' exclusive: Watch Sheldon Cooper get advice from his 'Young' self

Not really interested in this TBBT/YS crossover thing, so I quote a part of the article that's related only to TBBT:

I sure hope they know how to end it. Penny & Leonard and Raj/Anu are the two plots that need closure

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, hokie3457 said:

The Big Bang Buzz podcast!!!!

i listen to them whenever they release a new podcast at times i find their accents very dry and hard to listen to for long periods but thats probably because i am Australian not American so sometimes the over exaggerated accent some ladies have from the states gets a bit grating at times for me

but the show itself is fantastic they talk about the tapings and episodes and CBS news 

the fact we got 2 more years than friends should be amazing in itself, i think friends fans or fans of other shows would kill for 2 more seasons of their favorite show that is the way i look at it anyways, they could have called time on the series this year and we'd be done by now

4 minutes ago, MookiStar said:

i listen to them whenever they release a new podcast at times i find their accents very dry and hard to listen to for long periods but thats probably because i am Australian not American so sometimes the over exaggerated accent some ladies have from the states gets a bit grating at times for me

but the show itself is fantastic they talk about the tapings and episodes and CBS news 

the fact we got 2 more years than friends should be amazing in itself, i think friends fans or fans of other shows would kill for 2 more seasons of their favorite show that is the way i look at it anyways, they could have called time on the series this year and we'd be done by now

Normally, I'd agree. But, this season has mostly been a dud. I know that is my opinion and others will disagree.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, chucky said:

Do you have proof of this? Do you work for him?

• Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

10 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Do you have proof of this? Do you work for him?

Proof of what? My statement was he made, in my opinion, the right decision and applauded him for the decision. I don't need proof for stating an opinion! In answer to your question, no, I do not work for him and have no desire to work for him!

Edited by chucky

22 hours ago, chucky said:

I assume he did the right thing for himself.  The decision not to continue the show was NOT made by him although I am sure he knew it was likely.   Unfortunately I am tired of Sheldon and would have been happy had Lorre made a different decision on the future of the show.

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MsGreentea said:

I assume he did the right thing for himself.  The decision not to continue the show was NOT made by him although I am sure he knew it was likely.   Unfortunately I am tired of Sheldon and would have been happy had Lorre made a different decision on the future of the show.

I agree, Jim's decision was for himself, Chuck Lorre made the ultimate decision to end the show.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, chucky said:

Proof of what? My statement was he made, in my opinion, the right decision and applauded him for the decision. I don't need proof for stating an opinion! In answer to your question, no, I do not work for him and have no desire to work for him!

Well you wrote it like it was a fact and it’s hard to understand which is which via technology 

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

2 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Well you wrote it like it was a fact and it’s hard to understand which is which via technology 

There was no fact, just opinion.