The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I thought with Zack coming back it would have something to do with the fake wedding and maybe a talk Zack and Penny had about a fake family I sure didn't expect this. Did Penny even talk to Leonard about not having kids before she made her decision

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don’t think so, he seemed surprised at her revelation about kids in the episode she made it.  I could see Penny feeling bad about denying him children so she agrees to him doing this, but it is still weird if they don’t follow this plot with something else and just end it there.

i can actually see Zack picking Leonard, Leonard and him have interfaced the most, Leonard was good to him, they both have similar features (dark hair, complexion is not far off, etc.), and Leonard is smart but not weird smart like Sheldon.  

• Like 4

He's not looking for a doppleganger (sp), he's looking for a person who he thinks has good traits and may agree to this.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, bfm said:

He's not looking for a doppleganger (sp), he's looking for a person who he thinks has good traits and may agree to this.

n_397.gif.20bf3ba141ab26fbcc5561d1c4e7fef7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I don’t think so, he seemed surprised at her revelation about kids in the episode she made it.  I could see Penny feeling bad about denying him children so she agrees to him doing this, but it is still weird if they don’t follow this plot with something else and just end it there.

i can actually see Zack picking Leonard, Leonard and him have interfaced the most, Leonard was good to him, they both have similar features (dark hair, complexion is not far off, etc.), and Leonard is smart but not weird smart like Sheldon.  

Zack is a foot taller than Leonard. Although there is a good chance the baby would be smart and beautiful. The actress playing Marissa is attractive( I did see the actresses bikini pictures online)

15 minutes ago, veejay said:

n_397.gif.20bf3ba141ab26fbcc5561d1c4e7fef7.gif

The expressions in this gif fit my current feelings so well!

• Like 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Zack is a foot taller than Leonard. Although there is a good chance the baby would be smart and beautiful. The actress playing Marissa is attractive( I did see the actresses bikini pictures online)

Zack has never been a complex character on the show and at this point in the show he seems to be friends with the gang.  Also, he seems closest to Penny and Leonard, so doesn’t it make sense that if he needed a sperm donor he would go to his closest friends because that is the obvious simplest way to go.  

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, GadgetGirl375 said:

Some of you asked about Shamy in this episode. Not much to report there. They didn't even have a scene together. All the other characters just provided comic relief to both of the serious plotlines -- Howard and Bernadette for Raj, Sheldon for Leonard, and Amy and Bernadette for Penny. 

Loving this episode more and more.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Thanks for the report @GadgetGirl375, much appreciated! I guess that might be the way the writers use to make Penny change her mind about babies. Once Leonard is going to "have a child" without her (albeit just biologically), she realizes she wants to have kids with him. 

A very plausible scenario and one that could work

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

A very plausible scenario and one that could work

YEP! It's very possible.

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

Emotional blackmail would leave a bad taste in my mouth too.  I’m sort of hoping the reason Penny doesn’t want kids is the same reason she couldn’t tell him she loved him, she is scared.  I could see her telling him that she is afraid to have a child because it will change her physically and then she won’t be as pretty to him and he will leave her, I could see her still harboring that fear.

Excellent point and one that I have thought about often.  I really believe that Penny not wanting kids stems from all her fears of committment; from being afraid that Leonard would get bored with her once they started dating, from not committing to a deeper relationship with Leonard,  from not saying ILY to Leonard, from being afraid of the prospect of marriage when she did say ILY, from the reluctance to marry once they were engaged, and now to the prospect of having children. Her fear of committment always seems to surface when she is faced with a big decision. So why should this be any different

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

More than I'm waiting for the episode, I'm waiting for the reviews and comments. Man, this will be interesting.

Personally, I'm kind of amused by the whole thing, there being such a plot. Not in the way I'm supposed to be, though. It's like I'm laughing at them, not with them, if that makes sense. It's just so whacky that I don't even know how to take it. Analysing the whole situation feels so weird. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

More than I'm waiting for the episode, I'm waiting for the reviews and comments. Man, this will be interesting.

Personally, I'm kind of amused by the whole thing, there being such a plot. Not in the way I'm supposed to be, though. It's like I'm laughing at them, not with them, if that makes sense. It's just so whacky that I don't even know how to take it. Analysing the whole situation feels so weird. 

Yeah. Maybe when the taping has been edited and perhaps even had some extra lines added, it'll seem more balanced in the final version.Yes the reactions of reviewers will be interesting.

Edited by joyceraye
typo

But not necessarily together. Next thing you know Penny will donate eggs to Shamy. Then the Shennys can have sort of have their "told you so" moment. 
Smart and beautiful babies of the third kind.
I don't think Penny would do that She would probably be afraid shamy would do experiments on the baby like Leonards mother did

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Yeah. Maybe when the taping has been edited and perhaps even had some extra lines added, it'll seem more balanced in the final version.Yes the reactions of reviewers will be interesting.

The premise itslef is the whacky thing, so editing won't make a difference.

I do wonder what Bernadette and Amy will say

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, bfm said:

I do wonder what Bernadette and Amy will say

I think this is key.  What that (those) conversation(s) are like.......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think this is key.  What that (those) conversation(s) are like.......

The conclusion is her letting Leonard make the decsion, so I guess her conversation(s) with Bernie and Amy lead to this. As for Leonard, apparently we don't see his conclusion. I doubt Sheldon is very helpful with that...

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

The conclusion is her letting Leonard make the decsion, so I guess her conversation(s) with Bernie and Amy lead to this. As for Leonard, apparently we don't see his conclusion. I doubt Sheldon is very helpful with that...

I actually see Sheldon as a key to all this. Him talking Leonard into not donating his sperm and talking Penny into wanting to have a baby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I actually see Sheldon as a key to all this. Him talking Leonard into not donating his sperm and talking Penny into wanting to have a baby.

Why would he do that, though? He didn't seem to care too much when Penny said she doesn't want kids. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

But it will be interesting to see Penny's reactions and how their comments are received.  I think this subject has "legs" and will be their arc carrying through to the finale....

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

So Penny as Leonard’s wife is susposed to be okay with her husband. Providing sperm to be the biological Father to a child that is not hers. I think that’s pretty selfish from Leonard tbh. We always yak about Penny’s choices impacting Leonard. But to me Leonard’s not looking good. Especially if it’s implied he’s decided anything without consulting Her,

Sorry, I don't see donating sperm as selfish. It's unclear from the report, but I gather Zack and Marissa may be having an issue conceiving, so if any thing, it's an act of charity. And I doubt very much that Leonard is going to boink Marissa. At the start of the series, both Sheldon and Leonard were in the process of donating sperm anonymously; this is not that much different.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Sorry, I don't see donating sperm as selfish. It's unclear from the report, but I gather Zack and Marissa may be having an issue conceiving, so if any thing, it's an act of charity. And I doubt very much that Leonard is going to boink Marissa. At the start of the series, both Sheldon and Leonard were in the process of donating sperm anonymously; this is not that much different.

In total agreement

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bfm said:

Why would he do that, though? He didn't seem to care too much when Penny said she doesn't want kids. 

But that was resolved on its own at the time. I could see Sheldon reminding Leonard of his smart baby line and also telling Penny. I could actually see Leonard saying no to Zack and Penny willing to try to have a baby after thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But that was resolved on its own at the time. I could see Sheldon reminding Leonard of his smart baby line and also telling Penny. I could actually see Leonard saying no to Zack and Penny willing to try to have a baby after thinking about it.

The writers are like a crap shoot. They just roll the dice and we get the results!