Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

Really, I laughed more this episode than I have in a while.  I am still amazed these writers could fit all five couples stories into one episode.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jonny said:

On several social media posts publicising these pictures and the magazine cover comments that have been made by disappointed fans voicing their displeasure are being deleted.  These are not abusive posts either, just people voicing their disappointment and are being silenced.  Some of these people are die-hard TBBT fans.

Removing these posts is a very poor look indeed.

That's childish behavior, IMO. They've made a choice, they should be able to handle the criticism about it.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm amazed Bernie's parents are so tolerant. Yet again Raj and Stuart aren't sitting-in while Howardette gallivant about. A toddler at the into-everything stage and a baby, and goodness-knows how many more grandchildren they have  - -  or did Howard decide after all to engage a cut-price nanny we never see ?

For the puzzled : Bernadette and Howard have two children whose ages are still numbered in months. On Saturday they won't be at the nursery so they must be with their grandparents since their usual sitters, Rajesh and Stuart, are not at home. Howard's initial reaction to the first pregnancy included a suggestion of getting a cheapo nanny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bfm said:

That's childish behavior, IMO. They've made a choice, they should be able to handle the criticism about it.

n_591.gif.0b5d3e9b2b92598d70e2602561603175.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there was sufficient paintball action. Not sure what was expected. It was a vehicle for the couples interactions which linked to the paintball except for the Shamy whining. They didn’t even participate which considering “early seasons”(pre Amy) Sheldon’s dedication to the game was disappointing. Stunise were adorable, Rajanu needed that interaction, Bernie was predictably competitive and is it just me or is she constantly up for sex these days and Lenny were the bit players who let it all unfold around their observations and commentary on the group with just enough time to push Leonard’s insecurity and Penny’s “everything’s fine” attitude. Could be both a subtle lead in to what unfolds next week and a rationale for Leonard’s too quick backdown on the No Kids decision from Penny.

 

Having said all that, I found it one of the funnier episodes of the season

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

I think there was sufficient paintball action. Not sure what was expected. It was a vehicle for the couples interactions which linked to the paintball except for the Shamy whining. They didn’t even participate which considering “early seasons”(pre Amy) Sheldon’s dedication to the game was disappointing. Stunise were adorable, Rajanu needed that interaction, Bernie was predictably competitive and is it just me or is she constantly up for sex these days and Lenny were the bit players who let it all unfold around their observations and commentary on the group with just enough time to push Leonard’s insecurity and Penny’s “everything’s fine” attitude. Could be both a subtle lead in to what unfolds next week and a rationale for Leonard’s too quick backdown on the No Kids decision from Penny.

 

Having said all that, I found it one of the funnier episodes of the season

Well, after two exhausting deliveries she will probably know what she's missing. 😉

how_75.gif.36df248a0efbd56d0e0522b719da3d8e.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

That's childish behavior, IMO. They've made a choice, they should be able to handle the criticism about it.

To be fair, as far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, it was Prady who deleted some comments, but  he also took a lot of time discussing with some fans about the subject (there was a long discussion that got deleted too). He explained it was not his call and he had had no control over the editorial decision EW made. I get fans were voicing their frustration (which is also mine, I'm not very impressed with that article either) but they devoted it towards the wrong guy. Obviously he didn't want his relationship with EW being jeopardized for something he didn't do...Hopefully, anyway, he now is aware there is a problem and (if he chooses to) can find a way to fix it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

To be fair, as far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, it was Prady who deleted some comments, but  he also took a lot of time discussing with some fans about the subject (there was a long discussion that got deleted too). He explained it was not his call and he had had no control over the editorial decision EW made. I get fans were voicing their frustration (which is also mine, I'm not very impressed with that article either) but they devoted it towards the wrong guy. Obviously he didn't want his relationship with EW being jeopardized for something he didn't do...Hopefully, anyway, he now is aware there is a problem and (if he chooses to) can find a way to fix it.

What I got from Jonny's post is that EW deleted comments. I can see why Prady wouldn't like a post where he seems to blame EW out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bfm said:

What I got from Jonny's post is that EW deleted comments. I can see why Prady wouldn't like a post where he seems to blame EW out there.

From what I saw online, fans were complaining about Prady himself deleting their posts, but if also EW did that, it is bananas indeed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mirs1 said:

From what I saw online, fans were complaining about Prady himself deleting their posts, but if also EW did that, it is bananas inThere a lot ofdeed!

Theres a lot of backlash over this  interesting how this plays out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kbp said:

Theres a lot of backlash over this  interesting how this plays out

Well, my hope is that, after that, Prady might be more aware fans want a full-cast photoshoot and pitches the idea with WB/CBS, for sure he has more voice with them than with a random newspaper. What I think will happen, instead, is that , the complaints will be ignored, as usual. Internet backslash comes and goes...I've seen many hard-core fan accounts being disappointed in the show for some time now, some of them have almost stopped posting, but in the grand scheme of things, this is of no importance to TPTB, they make their "numbers" with casual viewers.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, my hope is that, after that, Prady might be more aware fans want a full-cast photoshoot and pitches the idea with WB/CBS, for sure he has more voice with them than with a random newspaper. My expectation, instead, is that, as it always happens, the complaints will be ignored. Internet backslash comes and goes...I've seen many hard-core fan accounts being disappointed in the show for some time now, some of them have almost stopped posting, but in the grand scheme of things, this is of no importance to TPTB, they make their "numbers" with casual viewers.

I agree they don't seem to listen what the fans   are saying but there so much backlash over this they will have to listen 

  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’ve been told having conversations with people who had comments deleted that it wasn’t just the one source.

I don’t think anything will change, you may see other cast members feature in other publications but as a group well I would be surprised if it happens.

A lot of people have wanted a full cast group photo shoot for a long time, final season would have been the perfect time to do it.

In their final season they are not delivering and this is further evidence IMO.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I’ve been told having conversations with people who had comments deleted that it wasn’t just the one source.

I don’t think anything will change, you may see other cast members feature in other publications but as a group well I would be surprised if it happens.

A lot of people have wanted a full cast group photo shoot for a long time, final season would have been the perfect time to do it.

In tAREEheir final season they are not delivering and this is further evidence IMO.

AGREE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I think there was sufficient paintball action. Not sure what was expected. It was a vehicle for the couples interactions which linked to the paintball except for the Shamy whining. They didn’t even participate which considering “early seasons”(pre Amy) Sheldon’s dedication to the game was disappointing. Stunise were adorable, Rajanu needed that interaction, Bernie was predictably competitive and is it just me or is she constantly up for sex these days and Lenny were the bit players who let it all unfold around their observations and commentary on the group with just enough time to push Leonard’s insecurity and Penny’s “everything’s fine” attitude. Could be both a subtle lead in to what unfolds next week and a rationale for Leonard’s too quick backdown on the No Kids decision from Penny.

 

Having said all that, I found it one of the funnier episodes of the season

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

As I've said before to another poster, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm amazed Bernie's parents are so tolerant. Yet again Raj and Stuart aren't sitting in while Howardette gallivant about. A toddler at the into-everything stage and a baby, and goodness-knows how many more grandchildren they have  - -  or did Howard decide after all to engage a cut-price nanny we never see ?

That's something I don't care about. I never wanted to see these kids and they said from the start we wouldn't see the kids. So I am neither unhappy or surprised.

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

The paintball wasn’t shown until 7:19 on my clock.

But it was talked about earlier. They set up for it. I didn't really expect 17 minutes of paintball.

3 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Bernie was predictably competitive and is it just me or is she constantly up for sex these days

Why not? She knows she can't get pregnant again!

 

3 hours ago, kbp said:

Theres a lot of backlash over this  interesting how this plays out

I don't understand why. I don't understand this.

 

3 hours ago, kbp said:

I agree they don't seem to listen what the fans   are saying but there so much backlash over this they will have to listen 

No, they don't. It's almost over. They're almost done. They don't have to listen to fans at all. They're probably all thinking about their next projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Could be both a subtle lead in to what unfolds next week and a rationale for Leonard’s too quick backdown on the No Kids decision from Penny.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Leonard’s words didn’t match his actions  as that storyline ended with Penny’s father upset hearing about no kids. Next weeks episode sounds like it ends with no answer to Zack’s question. I thought it was interesting that you didn’t see Marissa in the clip for next week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, veejay said:

Well, after two exhausting deliveries she will probably know what she's missing. 😉

how_75.gif.36df248a0efbd56d0e0522b719da3d8e.gif

And she's sure not missing it ! Or glad she'll miss it, whichever way one reads the verb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Leonard’s words didn’t match his actions  as that storyline ended with Penny’s father upset hearing about no kids. Next weeks episode sounds like it ends with no answer to Zack’s question. I thought it was interesting that you didn’t see Marissa in the clip for next week

I saw a promo where she does appear, next to Zack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bfm said:

I saw a promo where she does appear, next to Zack.

I only saw her arm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I only saw her arm

Me too. I guess we missed that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I think there was sufficient paintball action. Not sure what was expected. It was a vehicle for the couples interactions which linked to the paintball except for the Shamy whining. They didn’t even participate which considering “early seasons”(pre Amy) Sheldon’s dedication to the game was disappointing. Stunise were adorable, Rajanu needed that interaction, Berie was predictably competitive and is it just me or is she constantly up for sex these days and Lenny were the bit players who let it all unfold around their observations and commentary on the group with just enough time to push Leonard’s insecurity and Penny’s “everything’s fine” attitude. Could be both a subtle lead in to what unfolds next week and a rationale for Leonard’s too quick backdown on the No Kids decision from Penny.

 

Having said all that, I found it one of the funnier episodes of the season

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Well I guess this is another reason why Bernadette agreed to marry Howard, she is as big a “Hound-dog” as he is.  We have sure been getting a lot of indications that they have a very active sex life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kimberly Potts and Jessica Ratloff had interesting articles about last nights episodes. For once I actually see Jessica’s point of view. Though she may never get an interview again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SRAM said:

We have sure been getting a lot of indications that they have a very active sex life.

Funny, we used to say that about Lenny!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.