Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Kimberly Potts and Jessica Ratloff had interesting articles about last nights episodes. For once I actually see Jessica’s point of view. Though she may never get an interview again

I didn't see Kimberly but I applaud Jessica for focusing on Raj and Anu because of all of the things going on in the ep that was one of the most interesting to me AND the line about waving to the doorbell WAS one of the funniest lines in the ep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I didn't see Kimberly but I applaud Jessica for focusing on Raj and Anu because of all of the things going on in the ep that was one of the most interesting to me AND the line about waving to the doorbell WAS one of the funniest lines in the ep.

Vulture IMO does some of the best reviews out there, Kimberly's article is below:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/01/the-big-bang-theory-recap-season-12-episode-11.html

Vulture has given out a lot of 3/5's this season for episodes, more than I can remember for a season...

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chucky said:

Funny, we used to say that about Lenny!

I think their are a lot of signs Lenny do have an active sex life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think their are a lot of signs Lenny do have an active sex life. 

As the song goes, sign, sign everywhere a sign! I don't need another sign. Let's see some of what Howardette did on the paintball field!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

The January 17th episode is titled "The Confirmation Polarization".

I wonder who's being confirmed ? Surely Sheldon's not seen the light ? One of Bernie's nieces or nephews ? 

Of course it's not just people who get confirmed, it's pregnancies, jobs and appointments. Hmmmm. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder who's being confirmed ? Surely Sheldon's not seen the light ? One of Bernie's nieces or nephews ? 

Of course it's not just people who get confirmed, it's pregnancies, jobs and appointments. Hmmmm. 

I think the "confirmation" refers to the scientists (actors Kal Penn and Sean Astin) proving Sheldon and Amy's concept.

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

I think the "confirmation" refers to the scientists (actors Kal Penn and Sean Astin) proving Sheldon and Amy's concept.

Probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, vonmar said:

 

Of course you won't Bill. While I do understand your reasons, it is also because amazing and truly astonishing have left the TBBT train station a long time ago. Let's not kid each other, shall we? 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Of course you won't Bill. While I do understand your reasons, it is also because amazing and truly astonishing have left the TBBT train station a long time ago. Let's not kid each other, shall we?

As I've said "The going out with a bang has fizzled out"!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

I think the "confirmation" refers to the scientists (actors Kal Penn and Sean Astin) proving Sheldon and Amy's concept.

Could be. I expect the university will be pleased. I've not heard of those actors. Perhaps the polarization is a king of  a very northern country presenting a prize ? What a guest star that would be !

Edited by joyceraye
pressed 'send' too soon.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Could be. I expect the university will be pleased. I've not heard of those actors. Perhaps the polarization is a king of  a very northern country presenting a prize ? What a guest star that would be !

I think the polarization just refers to Sheldon/Sheldon and Amy being upset about the others making this progress, or about the others getting "glory" for it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think the polarization just refers to Sheldon/Sheldon and Amy being upset about the others making this progress, or about the others getting "glory" for it.

Probably a good assumption. With Holland and these writers, god only knows where they take this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I've not heard of those actors.

I can't believe I found someone who hasn't seen Lord of the Rings. I don't know whether to be shocked or pleased.

  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I can't believe I found someone who hasn't seen Lord of the Rings. I don't know whether to be shocked or pleased.

I tend not to watch films of books. Moreover, when I heard the family were divided over going against Tolkein's wishes not to have his writings made into films, I avoided LOTR. I read the books one at a time in my teens and liked the first half or so, then was disappointed by the change of atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Could be. I expect the university will be pleased. I've not heard of those actors. Perhaps the polarization is a king of  a very northern country presenting a prize ? What a guest star that would be !

image.png.eb1da0234680d23fb179fb899d4e6996.pngYeah, what a guest star he would be.:icon_cheesygrin:

  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all these plots around the Shamy project this season, and added to by all the attention it got in this episode, I get the sickening feeling that the writers are going to end the show with Shamy either being nominated or getting a Nobel Prize.  I really think TPTB think, Sheldon getting everything he wants is letting the show go out with a Big Bang.

  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

With all these plots around the Shamy project this season, and added to by all the attention it got in this episode, I get the sickening feeling that the writers are going to end the show with Shamy either being nominated or getting a Nobel Prize.  I really think TPTB think, Sheldon getting everything he wants is letting the show go out with a Big Bang.

I think you could be right, but Shamy getting a Nobel Prize so soon after the discovery would be really ridiculous. IRL it takes more than 20 years from the discovery to be nominated for the prize, but I guess TPTB and the writers doesn't care to much about these things.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swedish Chef said:

I think you could be right, but Shamy getting a Nobel Prize so soon after the discovery would be really ridiculous.

I know right.  Also, their theory is still too new to be completely vetted in the scientific community, even by the end of the show, but I get the feeling that won’t stop them.  I would actually get more of a kick out of Penny getting a real acting job because some producer saw her in Serial Apeist and wants her for a movie.  Penny getting her dream would be a better ending than Sheldon getting the Nobel he whined about for 12 seasons.

  • Like 3
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't believe I found someone who hasn't seen Lord of the Rings. I don't know whether to be shocked or pleased.
I haven't either or any Harry Potter

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SRAM said:

I know right.  Also, their theory is still too new to be completely vetted in the scientific community, even by the end of the show, but I get the feeling that won’t stop them.  I would actually get more of a kick out of Penny getting a real acting job because some producer saw her in Serial Apeist and wants her for a movie.  Penny getting her dream would be a better ending than Sheldon getting the Nobel he whined about for 12 seasons.

Totally agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.