The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

No, it could be the final episode or the episode before the final. I don't think it will happen but it's possible.

I don't think so either. But, there's always hope!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

HappyTaping day  everyone. 

And @Tensor have fun, both you and your wife :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Getting ready to leave the hotel for lunch, then head over to the studio. 

OKAY DOKAY! I hope you have a good time!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Getting ready to leave the hotel for lunch, then head over to the studio. 

Have a good time! 😀

• Like 2

(I know this really should be for the Young Sheldon thread, but I can't get there from here, so I'm saying it parenthetically.....I am so pumped that Althea will be on YS this week.  I love that whenever there is a need for a nurse or other hospital worker in TBBT-land, it is always Althea, played by Vernee Watson!!!!!)

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, hokie3457 said:

(I know this really should be for the Young Sheldon thread, but I can't get there from here, so I'm saying it parenthetically.....I am so pumped that Althea will be on YS this week.  I love that whenever there is a need for a nurse or other hospital worker in TBBT-land, it is always Althea, played by Vernee Watson!!!!!)

What show was that?

9 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I like that too

Although I think there was one exception, I think in season 11 when Howardette were told they were having a boy.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, Burberry said:

Good for you, 

i disagree with his choice 

I applaud him for it. he is my new hero. From my pint of view TBBT has been on life support for the 4-5 years and Jim's exit is allowing the series to finish with a smidge of dignity. Not very much, mind you but a little at least.

• Like 3

My opinion of a sitcom is it is good if it entertains me, I might gripe about TBBT but it still entertains me and I think most casual viewers watch it for the same reason.  So ending a sitcom because the artistic value is not there anymore is ludicrous to my way of thinking because it is about the entertainment, that is what makes the ratings.  Can you imagine how short of runs TV shows would have if they were cancelled when their artistic value dropped, we be lucky if any show reached enough episodes to make syndication.  Most of the crap on TV and cable has no artistic value in my opinion and that goes for some of the movies that have come out lately, too.

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Out,  give me 30-45 minutes to get something to eat and get back to the room. 

That was sort of quick, wasn’t it?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Didn’t they feed you at the taping? Only kidding my wife said the pizza was bad there 

19 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Hope you had a good time! 

8 hours ago, bfm said:

I like that too

Although I think there was one exception, I think in season 11 when Howardette were told they were having a boy.

It must be Althea's mum in YS. She's not a doctor and it was a doctor who did the sexing scan, which is why we didn't see her then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SRAM said:

My opinion of a sitcom is it is good if it entertains me, I might gripe about TBBT but it still entertains me and I think most casual viewers watch it for the same reason.  So ending a sitcom because the artistic value is not there anymore is ludicrous to my way of thinking because it is about the entertainment, that is what makes the ratings.  Can you imagine how short of runs TV shows would have if they were cancelled when their artistic value dropped, we be lucky if any show reached enough episodes to make syndication.  Most of the crap on TV and cable has no artistic value in my opinion and that goes for some of the movies that have come out lately, too.

That was sort of quick, wasn’t it?

Breaking Bad is prob the best example of Serialized Format, bringing consistent quality. 8 episode per average season, 6 Seasons etc. When you have been on TV 12 years. And you have a 24 episode based format. Well it is very hard to maintain quality. The First Five Seasons, the First 100 episodes. 97 of the episodes were Gems. The 3 I thought were a disgrace LOL. Was The Griffin Equivalency, The Plimpton Solution, and Speckerman. But point is I Think the show was running on fumes since Season 7. Every now and than Good episode. But that was the range. I think it is ending at the right time. So they can end on their own terms. 

Edited by 3ku11