Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Well JMO it's going to come down to what's more important the Nobel Prize or Amy?

There'll be some facial contortions if it does. It'll be not just 'or Amy'  : it'll be 'or his wife' . When she was his friend, girlfriend, fiancee, his attitude at times was almost as if she were ultimately disposable, an interesting addition to what was important in his life. If it came to a push we can guess how he would have chosen. That has changed. He has to live his lifetime with her now.

Perhaps a Nobel Prize Agreement would help, unless  they have an Awards Nomination Agreement Already. Or was there something in their original RA ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps a Nobel Prize Agreement would help, unless  they have an Awards Nomination Agreement Already. Or was there something in their original RA ?  

Ugh!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ugh!

r_081.gif.540196b8ca36e2b983dfd892e1c0d153.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

It seems like the issue is still unresolved.  I kind of think that Leonard will say yes to Penny and she will sulk about it.  But when he returns he says he could not go through with it and maybe then they have a good heart - to - heart talk about having children and Penny will reveal her fears and anxieties about having children.

I just don't get that line from Penny about her making the decision on no kids so she shouldn't have any input into Leonard's decision to donate his sperm. To me marriage is a partnership and these kind of decisions should be made together. Are any of these writers married and talk to their wives because it certainly does not seem so in their writing.?

Hahaha we’ll most of us were saying Penny has no right to stop Leonard Donating sperm. As she never consulted Leonard on her decision not to have kids. This is what I’ve been saying the whole time. They are in a equal partnership. They should be both consulting each other on a major decisions. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Ironically the line is actually not true. Bernadette has already tried to talk her into getting pregnant.

But she has spread pregnancy rumours in the past to get her own way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

(2 pictures)

Just looking for Tensor...😉

Edited by veejay
...I see a white beard in the 2nd pic...
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, SRAM said:

So the writers do plan to finish the show with Sheldon getting his precious Nomination for a Nobel, that he has been whining about for 12 seasons and was the most important thing in his life.  

The nomination may not go though and he may not win. I want to see this before I decide. They said they were trying to kick Amy off the nomination which means it hasn't happened yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The nomination may not go though and he may not win. I want to see this before I decide. They said they were trying to kick Amy off the nomination which means it hasn't happened yet.

I think he is suggesting what is going to eventually happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think he is suggesting what is going to eventually happen 

I'm not sure what will happen. but it seems TPTB are trying desperately to give Dr. Cooper his Nobel!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That white beard is me, just to the right of Mark’s right arm. 

check.gif.21b96591f961d2462efc58725d58e2cc.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, veejay said:

check.gif.21b96591f961d2462efc58725d58e2cc.gif

I see you found him!    😃

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool, we had the same seats few months ago. only problem, it was awful taping with no scene in any of main rooms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Seriously curious, exactly what line is it over?

What do you think she means by that, that makes it over the line?

It's just kind of creepy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean I write anything and it won’t be deleted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Does that mean I write anything and it won’t be deleted?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that!  :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

It seems like the issue is still unresolved.  I kind of think that Leonard will say yes to Penny and she will sulk about it.  But when he returns he says he could not go through with it and maybe then they have a good heart - to - heart talk about having children and Penny will reveal her fears and anxieties about having children.

I just don't get that line from Penny about her making the decision on no kids so she shouldn't have any input into Leonard's decision to donate his sperm. To me marriage is a partnership and these kind of decisions should be made together. Are any of these writers married and talk to their wives because it certainly does not seem so in their writing.?

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them. That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. I hope Penny sticks to her guns. She has never seemed overjoyed at the prospect of having kids. Luke warm at best. From  what I can tell they have never really had a serious sit down talk. Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" I didn't notice any smiles or a look of joy at the thought of having babies. Mostly I saw indifference to the idea. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The nomination may not go though and he may not win. I want to see this before I decide. They said they were trying to kick Amy off the nomination which means it hasn't happened yet.

I would love if their was a twist and Leonard received the Noble Prize for that work they did a couple of seasons ago. The ultimate Screw you Sheldon. But I hardly doubt the writers would allow their precious Sheldon to lose like that. He has won consistently through out the series. He has never experienced any setbacks or losses. 

1 minute ago, Sah said:

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them. That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. I hope Penny sticks to her guns. She has never seemed overjoyed at the prospect of having kids. Luke warm at best. From  what I can tell they have never really had a serious sit down talk. Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" I didn't notice any smiles or a look of joy at the thought of having babies. Mostly I saw indifference to the idea. 

Well it is hard to have a serious sit down talk. When you rush into a marrige on false pretenses. They have always been a spontaneous couple. But your right, Penny has always been lukewarm or indifferent to the idea of having kids. And unless Penny comes to the decision organically on her own. I would not like Penny changing her mind just to make Leonard happy. As it is it seems nothing has changed, and the whole topic has become a gray area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I would love if their was a twist and Leonard received the Noble Prize for that work they did a couple of seasons ago. The ultimate Screw you Sheldon. But I hardly doubt the writers would allow their precious Sheldon to lose like that. He has won consistently through out the series. He has never experienced any setbacks or losses. 

Well it is hard to have a serious sit down talk. When you rush into a marrige on false pretenses. They have always been a spontaneous couple. But your right, Penny has always been lukewarm or indifferent to the idea of having kids. And unless Penny comes to the decision organically on her own. I would not like Penny changing her mind just to make Leonard happy. As it is it seems nothing has changed, and the whole topic has become a gray area. 

Leonard won what he wanted most out of life. Penny. Leonard from the first episode wanted someone to love. Got it. He wanted Penny. Got it. He got his Noble prize so to speak... Sheldon's truest desire was not a wife or someone to love it was the actual Nobel prize. He should get his life long dream as well. when you think about it, ALL the characters are getting what they really wanted in life.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. 

Does it means you should feel obligated not to have kids, if you spouse doesn't want them, and doesn't tell you that before marriage?  

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

 Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them.

But it's OK to want kids, and not be told your spouse doesn't want them before getting married?  

 

Quote

That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. 

And not telling your spouse you don't want kids before marriage doesn't lead to resentment?  

 

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

I hope Penny sticks to her guns.

Do you mean her "Sure Someday" guns?  

Or the guns where she said:

Leonard " We've been married two years should we think about what's next.. like buying a house or having a baby?".

Penny "Look I want to do all those things someday".

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

I hope Penny sticks to her guns.

Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" 

So you feel Penny had no obligation, to tell Leonard when he talked about it, "no, I don't want kids." ?

 

 

40 minutes ago, Sah said:

Leonard won what he wanted most out of life. Penny. Leonard from the first episode wanted someone to love. 

He also wanted kids, but it doesn't look like he is going to get that.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.