The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Well JMO it's going to come down to what's more important the Nobel Prize or Amy?

There'll be some facial contortions if it does. It'll be not just 'or Amy'  : it'll be 'or his wife' . When she was his friend, girlfriend, fiancee, his attitude at times was almost as if she were ultimately disposable, an interesting addition to what was important in his life. If it came to a push we can guess how he would have chosen. That has changed. He has to live his lifetime with her now.

Perhaps a Nobel Prize Agreement would help, unless  they have an Awards Nomination Agreement Already. Or was there something in their original RA ?

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps a Nobel Prize Agreement would help, unless  they have an Awards Nomination Agreement Already. Or was there something in their original RA ?  

Ugh!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ugh!

r_081.gif.540196b8ca36e2b983dfd892e1c0d153.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

It seems like the issue is still unresolved.  I kind of think that Leonard will say yes to Penny and she will sulk about it.  But when he returns he says he could not go through with it and maybe then they have a good heart - to - heart talk about having children and Penny will reveal her fears and anxieties about having children.

I just don't get that line from Penny about her making the decision on no kids so she shouldn't have any input into Leonard's decision to donate his sperm. To me marriage is a partnership and these kind of decisions should be made together. Are any of these writers married and talk to their wives because it certainly does not seem so in their writing.?

Hahaha we’ll most of us were saying Penny has no right to stop Leonard Donating sperm. As she never consulted Leonard on her decision not to have kids. This is what I’ve been saying the whole time. They are in a equal partnership. They should be both consulting each other on a major decisions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Ironically the line is actually not true. Bernadette has already tried to talk her into getting pregnant.

But she has spread pregnancy rumours in the past to get her own way. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

(2 pictures)

Just looking for Tensor...😉

Edited by veejay
...I see a white beard in the 2nd pic...
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, SRAM said:

So the writers do plan to finish the show with Sheldon getting his precious Nomination for a Nobel, that he has been whining about for 12 seasons and was the most important thing in his life.  

The nomination may not go though and he may not win. I want to see this before I decide. They said they were trying to kick Amy off the nomination which means it hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The nomination may not go though and he may not win. I want to see this before I decide. They said they were trying to kick Amy off the nomination which means it hasn't happened yet.

I think he is suggesting what is going to eventually happen 

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think he is suggesting what is going to eventually happen 

I'm not sure what will happen. but it seems TPTB are trying desperately to give Dr. Cooper his Nobel!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That white beard is me, just to the right of Mark’s right arm. 

check.gif.21b96591f961d2462efc58725d58e2cc.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, veejay said:

check.gif.21b96591f961d2462efc58725d58e2cc.gif

I see you found him!    😃

Edited by chucky

cool, we had the same seats few months ago. only problem, it was awful taping with no scene in any of main rooms

4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Seriously curious, exactly what line is it over?

What do you think she means by that, that makes it over the line?

It's just kind of creepy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does that mean I write anything and it won’t be deleted?

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Does that mean I write anything and it won’t be deleted?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that!  :cool:

10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

It seems like the issue is still unresolved.  I kind of think that Leonard will say yes to Penny and she will sulk about it.  But when he returns he says he could not go through with it and maybe then they have a good heart - to - heart talk about having children and Penny will reveal her fears and anxieties about having children.

I just don't get that line from Penny about her making the decision on no kids so she shouldn't have any input into Leonard's decision to donate his sperm. To me marriage is a partnership and these kind of decisions should be made together. Are any of these writers married and talk to their wives because it certainly does not seem so in their writing.?

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them. That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. I hope Penny sticks to her guns. She has never seemed overjoyed at the prospect of having kids. Luke warm at best. From  what I can tell they have never really had a serious sit down talk. Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" I didn't notice any smiles or a look of joy at the thought of having babies. Mostly I saw indifference to the idea. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I would love if their was a twist and Leonard received the Noble Prize for that work they did a couple of seasons ago. The ultimate Screw you Sheldon. But I hardly doubt the writers would allow their precious Sheldon to lose like that. He has won consistently through out the series. He has never experienced any setbacks or losses. 

1 minute ago, Sah said:

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them. That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. I hope Penny sticks to her guns. She has never seemed overjoyed at the prospect of having kids. Luke warm at best. From  what I can tell they have never really had a serious sit down talk. Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" I didn't notice any smiles or a look of joy at the thought of having babies. Mostly I saw indifference to the idea. 

Well it is hard to have a serious sit down talk. When you rush into a marrige on false pretenses. They have always been a spontaneous couple. But your right, Penny has always been lukewarm or indifferent to the idea of having kids. And unless Penny comes to the decision organically on her own. I would not like Penny changing her mind just to make Leonard happy. As it is it seems nothing has changed, and the whole topic has become a gray area. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I would love if their was a twist and Leonard received the Noble Prize for that work they did a couple of seasons ago. The ultimate Screw you Sheldon. But I hardly doubt the writers would allow their precious Sheldon to lose like that. He has won consistently through out the series. He has never experienced any setbacks or losses. 

Well it is hard to have a serious sit down talk. When you rush into a marrige on false pretenses. They have always been a spontaneous couple. But your right, Penny has always been lukewarm or indifferent to the idea of having kids. And unless Penny comes to the decision organically on her own. I would not like Penny changing her mind just to make Leonard happy. As it is it seems nothing has changed, and the whole topic has become a gray area. 

Leonard won what he wanted most out of life. Penny. Leonard from the first episode wanted someone to love. Got it. He wanted Penny. Got it. He got his Noble prize so to speak... Sheldon's truest desire was not a wife or someone to love it was the actual Nobel prize. He should get his life long dream as well. when you think about it, ALL the characters are getting what they really wanted in life.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. 

Does it means you should feel obligated not to have kids, if you spouse doesn't want them, and doesn't tell you that before marriage?  

Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them.

But it's OK to want kids, and not be told your spouse doesn't want them before getting married?  

That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. 

And not telling your spouse you don't want kids before marriage doesn't lead to resentment?  

I hope Penny sticks to her guns.

Do you mean her "Sure Someday" guns?  

Or the guns where she said:

Leonard " We've been married two years should we think about what's next.. like buying a house or having a baby?".

Penny "Look I want to do all those things someday".

I hope Penny sticks to her guns.

Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" 

So you feel Penny had no obligation, to tell Leonard when he talked about it, "no, I don't want kids." ?

40 minutes ago, Sah said:

Leonard won what he wanted most out of life. Penny. Leonard from the first episode wanted someone to love. 

He also wanted kids, but it doesn't look like he is going to get that.  

• Like 6