Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, veejay said:

n_107.gif.32b85b0817ddd54263d9b945340ee52f.gif

Sure!?

New OED definition of sure:  NO.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tensor said:

New OED definition of sure:  NO.  

So DARE you say "Fake News" or "Alternative Facts"? 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I just don't get that line from Penny about her making the decision on no kids so she shouldn't have any input into Leonard's decision to donate his sperm. To me marriage is a partnership and these kind of decisions should be made together. Are any of these writers married and talk to their wives because it certainly does not seem so in their writing.?

I think it's more like trying to even out the unfairness... She out of the blue just told him he won't have kids even though this possibility never came up before and he may be forever uncomfortable/sad/frustrated/upset with them not having kids, so she's willing for him to have a biological child even though she may be uncomfortable with it.

1 hour ago, veejay said:

n_107.gif.32b85b0817ddd54263d9b945340ee52f.gif

 

I personally do not see how people get "lukewarm" from that, especially combining it with the intonation. Again, I would put money that Kaley would say she was acting "on board" (if asked in a way that does not prompt an insincere answer for the sake of the writers and the show).

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bfm said:

I personally do not see how people get "lukewarm" from that, especially combining it with the intonation. Again, I would put money that Kaley would say she was acting "on board" (if asked in a way that does not prompt an insincere answer for the sake of the writers and the show).

I like the art of acting! There is no business like show business. But there are still enough people getting fooled by those writers. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veejay said:

I like the art of acting! There is no business like show business. But there are still enough people getting fooled by those writers. 😉

Soooo very true!!!!!   Also, HAPPY NEW EPISODE DAY! 

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sah said:

Leonard won what he wanted most out of life. Penny. Leonard from the first episode wanted someone to love. Got it. He wanted Penny. Got it. He got his Noble prize so to speak... Sheldon's truest desire was not a wife or someone to love it was the actual Nobel prize. He should get his life long dream as well. when you think about it, ALL the characters are getting what they really wanted in life.

No. His first words were our babies will be smart and beautiful. As pointed  out above  in season 11 episode 11 she was on board with having kids. She easily said no kids then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sah said:

Marriage is a partnership, but I don't think that means feeling obligated to have kids just because your spouse really wants to. Of course you should have serious discussions about the subject, but it would be horrible to be forced into having kids when you really don't want them. That can lead to resentment which is not good for a relationship or the kid. I hope Penny sticks to her guns. She has never seemed overjoyed at the prospect of having kids. Luke warm at best. From  what I can tell they have never really had a serious sit down talk. Mostly Leonard talking about it. Penny just saying "sure, someday" I didn't notice any smiles or a look of joy at the thought of having babies. Mostly I saw indifference to the idea. 

I didn't say she should be forced to have kids.  I only said that decision should be made together and not dropping it on one another.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

I didn't say she should be forced to have kids.  I only said that decision should be made together and not dropping it on one another.

I don't think anybody here is saying they want to she the character being forced to have kids against its will. The qualms are about the writers suddenly having Penny not wanting kids when many of us do not believe she showed doubts about that before. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I didn't say she should be forced to have kids.  I only said that decision should be made together and not dropping it on one another.

I have to completely disagree with you because of one reason, Penny is not a person, she is a character in a story and the fans of that story want her to have kids so she should have kids, period.  Penny is not human and the purpose of the show is not to justify a woman’s desire and right to have kids or not in marriage, so drown that kitten right now, the purpose of the show is to entertain the fans and a significant number of Lenny fans want Penny pregnant before the show ends.  The problem I do see with Penny having kids now is that the writers have a limited time to write Sheldon’s happy ending and a Penny pregnant story would take up too much of that time, so I think if we are very lucky, Penny will tell Leonard she is pregnant in the last one or two episodes just to appease the fans.

  • Like 1
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I have to completely disagree with you because of one reason, Penny is not a person, she is a character in a story and the fans of that story want her to have kids so she should have kids, period.  Penny is not human and the purpose of the show is not to justify a woman’s desire and right to have kids or not in marriage, so drown that kitten right now, the purpose of the show is to entertain the fans and a significant number of Lenny fans want Penny pregnant before the show ends.  The problem I do see with Penny having kids now is that the writers have a limited time to write Sheldon’s happy ending and a Penny pregnant story would take up too much of that time, so I think if we are very lucky, Penny will tell Leonard she is pregnant in the last one or two episodes just to appease the fans.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on the Penny pregnancy plot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SRAM said:

I have to completely disagree with you because of one reason, Penny is not a person, she is a character in a story and the fans of that story want her to have kids so she should have kids, period.  Penny is not human and the purpose of the show is not to justify a woman’s desire and right to have kids or not in marriage, so drown that kitten right now, the purpose of the show is to entertain the fans and a significant number of Lenny fans want Penny pregnant before the show ends.  The problem I do see with Penny having kids now is that the writers have a limited time to write Sheldon’s happy ending and a Penny pregnant story would take up too much of that time, so I think if we are very lucky, Penny will tell Leonard she is pregnant in the last one or two episodes just to appease the fans.

I don’t think Penny’s pregnancy would affect Sheldon’s life that much. The writers still have an opportunity to create a decent pregnancy plot for Lenny that won’t steal Sheldon/Shamy thunder. Though I highly doubt they care about Lenny that much now to give them their well deserved happiness 💔

Edited by smartandbeautiful
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I don’t think Penny’ pregnancy would affect Sheldon’s life that much. The writers still have an opportunity to create a decent pregnancy plot for Lenny that won’t steal Sheldon/Shamy thunder. Though I highly doubt they care about Lenny that much now to give them their well deserved happiness 💔

Totally agree. Though, Sheldon thinks everything effects him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show is basically down to three storylines to cover 10 episodes. Obviously some one plot one episode stories mixed in. Here’s my theories:

Sheldon/Shamy: obviously next weeks episiode about the Nobel nomination which includes the suggestion of no Amy. There is two ways in my mind how this goes. Either Siebert gets her put on there or not. If he does the story is really done and they wait to see if they win. If he doesn’t it seems Sheldon has a decision. He takes his name off the nomination or he doesn’t. My sense he does. I’m not sure you will know if they would of won the Nobel Prize or not. Turn to YS to find out?

Lenny: it seems to me there going out of the way to have Zack asking Leonard to donate sperm just for the heck of it. JMO but I’m thinking Marissa is going to be a dark haired version of Penny. Also Marissa is coming back in a later episode. I’m guessing something is going to be said that changes Penny’s mind. Just like the Shamy storyline I think this is going down to the final episode.

Raj: I think that is going to come down to him and Anu getting married in the final or next to final episode. The details themselves I don’t really care. Stuart and Denise is some how going to be part of this

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show is basically down to three storylines to cover 10 episodes. Obviously some one plot one episode stories mixed in. Here’s my theories:

Sheldon/Shamy: obviously next weeks episiode about the Nobel nomination which includes the suggestion of no Amy. There is two ways in my mind how this goes. Either Siebert gets her put on there or not. If he does the story is really done and they wait to see if they win. If he doesn’t it seems Sheldon has a decision. He takes his name off the nomination or he doesn’t. My sense he does. I’m not sure you will know if they would of won the Nobel Prize or not. Turn to YS to find out?

Lenny: it seems to me there going out of the way to have Zack asking Leonard to donate sperm just for the heck of it. JMO but I’m thinking Marissa is going to be a dark haired version of Penny. Also Marissa is coming back in a later episode. I’m guessing something is going to be said that changes Penny’s mind. Just like the Shamy storyline I think this is going down to the final episode.

Raj: I think that is going to come down to him and Anu getting married in the final or next to final episode. The details themselves I don’t really care. Stuart and Denise is some how going to be part of this

I've been thinking basically the same way. The only plot that intrigues me is Lenny. I don't care about the Raj/Anu plot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show is basically down to three storylines to cover 10 episodes. Obviously some one plot one episode stories mixed in. Here’s my theories:

Sheldon/Shamy: obviously next weeks episiode about the Nobel nomination which includes the suggestion of no Amy. There is two ways in my mind how this goes. Either Siebert gets her put on there or not. If he does the story is really done and they wait to see if they win. If he doesn’t it seems Sheldon has a decision. He takes his name off the nomination or he doesn’t. My sense he does. I’m not sure you will know if they would of won the Nobel Prize or not. Turn to YS to find out?

Lenny: it seems to me there going out of the way to have Zack asking Leonard to donate sperm just for the heck of it. JMO but I’m thinking Marissa is going to be a dark haired version of Penny. Also Marissa is coming back in a later episode. I’m guessing something is going to be said that changes Penny’s mind. Just like the Shamy storyline I think this is going down to the final episode.

Raj: I think that is going to come down to him and Anu getting married in the final or next to final episode. The details themselves I don’t really care. Stuart and Denise is some how going to be part of this

Remember you also have to fit Bernadette and Howard in there and maybe Denise and Stuart some, plus any more guest stars they have so you see the 19 minutes each week gets used up fast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a taping next week? If not, when's the next one?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

The show is basically down to three storylines to cover 10 episodes. Obviously some one plot one episode stories mixed in. Here’s my theories:

Sheldon/Shamy: obviously next weeks episiode about the Nobel nomination which includes the suggestion of no Amy. There is two ways in my mind how this goes. Either Siebert gets her put on there or not. If he does the story is really done and they wait to see if they win. If he doesn’t it seems Sheldon has a decision. He takes his name off the nomination or he doesn’t. My sense he does. I’m not sure you will know if they would of won the Nobel Prize or not. Turn to YS to find out?

Lenny: it seems to me there going out of the way to have Zack asking Leonard to donate sperm just for the heck of it. JMO but I’m thinking Marissa is going to be a dark haired version of Penny. Also Marissa is coming back in a later episode. I’m guessing something is going to be said that changes Penny’s mind. Just like the Shamy storyline I think this is going down to the final episode.

Raj: I think that is going to come down to him and Anu getting married in the final or next to final episode. The details themselves I don’t really care. Stuart and Denise is some how going to be part of this

I am pretty much in agreement with your theories.  I think your Shamy theory is very plausible and I think the Lenny arc with Zack will be a turning point for Penny

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bfm said:

Is there a taping next week? If not, when's the next one?

I guess, next taping will be on 22. of Jan.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I read the 15th and 22nd

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.