The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As of right now though Leonard's baby is going to be smart and beautiful with dark hair.

Yeah and he won't be cheating on his wife as she knows about it!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah and he won't be cheating on his wife as she knows about it!

Sounds like a win win

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

She settled for Leonard. Her words and behavior make that abundantly clear. Penny wants Leonard; in Dave Underhill's body.

david-underhill-big-bang-theory-leather-jacket.jpg

Boooooo, Penny!

If tall, muscular, and hot was all she wanted she would've gotten it years ago, or have it "on the side". She never cheated on Leonard (making Bernadette's comment out of line).

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As of right now though Leonard's baby is going to be smart and beautiful with dark hair.

Could also happen with Penny though, Leonard has dark hair...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

If tall, muscular, and hot was all she wanted she would've gotten it years ago, or have it "on the side". She never cheated on Leonard (making Bernadette's comment out of line).

Mrs. Hofstadter is certainly taking a beating today....

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

If Penny were less obvious about her dissatisfaction with Leonard that might keep Bernadette from making such comments. 

40 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Chances are just as good that the kid will be dumb as a post, short, asthmatic, lactose intolerant, and about as athletic as a sloth.

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

Smart and beautiful but not Penny's

13 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

and her husband could be impregnating another woman.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

If Penny were less obvious about her dissatisfaction with Leonard that might keep Bernadette from making such comments. 

I hate the "wore down"/"settled" jokes but Bernadette makes digs at her husband as well...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Chances are just as good that the kid will be dumb as a post, short, asthmatic, lactose intolerant, and about as athletic as a sloth.

That goes for Penny or Marissa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Per usual 🙄.

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I hate the "wore down"/"settled" jokes but Bernadette makes digs at her husband as well...

I dont see any plain evidence Penny is dissastified with Leonard. Based soley on Wore Down jokes. The writers do that with all the Couples. I mean surely if Penny wanted a DU type she had many oppurtunities. I mean in the Halloween episode she seemed pretty into Leonard. IS Leonard physically desireable? Well he was to Alex lol. But maybe not to certain women. But Pennys attraction to Leonard has always mostly been intellectual. I personally don't think this is about Leonards level of appeal at all. Penny gets complacent. It happened in Season 6. And its now been six seasons since then. I think she deeply loves Leonard, she just has never been really good at articulating her emotions. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Unless it gets dad's body and mom's brains, as has already been pointed out. But I don't see this happening. I think they will find an out. I hope so.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Per usual 🙄.

I dont see any plain evidence Penny is dissastified with Leonard. Based soley on Wore Down jokes. The writers do that with all the Couples. I mean surely if Penny wanted a DU type she had many oppurtunities. I mean in the Halloween episode she seemed pretty into Leonard. IS Leonard physically desireable? Well he was to Alex lol. But maybe not to certain women. But Pennys attraction to Leonard has always mostly been intellectual. I personally don't think this is about Leonards level of appeal at all. Penny gets complacent. It happened in Season 6. And its now been six seasons since then. I think she deeply loves Leonard, she just has never been really good at articulating her emotions. 

I think this is correct.  These last several episodes seem to suggest Penny deems Leonard desirable with her frisky attitude: the Halloween party, the Grant Allocation, and this last episode with her "explorer" remark.  I cannot say if this is because she really loves her husband or she is trying to make up for her no baby declaration.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

After last nights episode, she deserves it!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I think this is correct.  These last several episodes seem to suggest Penny deems Leonard desirable with her frisky attitude: the Halloween party, the Grant Allocation, and this last episode with her "explorer" remark.  I cannot say if this is because she really loves her husband or she is trying to make up for her no baby declaration.

Leonard doesn't express surprise so I think they are always happy lovers at base, which leaves room  for the ' wore her down' and 'insecure' teasing plus the occasional genuine quarrel.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2019 at 4:15 AM, Tensor said:

Oh, yeah.  the sperm episode.    At the end, Penny comes back into the apartment.  She had talked to Amy and Bernadette and realized that Leonard may want to supply his sperm, because, as Amy says, he's a mammal and wired that way.   Penny comes back  and finds Leonard thinking about it.   She goes into the bathroom and gets the cap of a mouthwash bottle.   She says to him, "I'm giving you a sample cup."  Leonard says "That's just the top off the mouthwash."   Penny says, "I'm making a gesture, are you going to give me problems over it.   

Leonard says, are you sure you're OK with this?"  Penny doesn't say yes or no, just (paraphrased)  "You weren't included  in the decision I made about not wanting children, so I'm in no position to be included in the decision on whether or not you are going to be a donorI.   It goes to black at that point, so it's left unresolved, and we know they actors for Zack and Marisa will be back.  They'll resolve it, but just not tonight.   

It was a bit of a bash Leonard type of episode, with everyone pointing out Leonard's faults, as reasons for wondering why Zack would want Leonard as the donor.  Only Zack (and Penny once) pointing out his good qualities. (smart, kind, a really good guy).  I have to admit there was a really funny line.  Zack points out Leonard doesn't get to have sex with his wife.  Penny says, "we should stop there."  and then Zack says, "just because I slept with your wife, doesn't mean you get to sleep with mine."  and Penny says "and yet you went ahead and said it."    Zack's wife is not the smartest thing, but looks like she's a bit ahead of Zack.  

Yes, I put Pre taped in all the scenes that were pre taped.  

Yep.  If you can remember, you can type it up.  

I can't help but think this is leading to some major Lenny blowup Leonard finally explodes which leads to them separating a la Dharma and Greg for an episode or two with a big reconciliation on the last episode.  Maybe it's just me but that's what the tea leaves are telling me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mphs95 said:

I can't help but think this is leading to some major Lenny blowup Leonard finally explodes which leads to them separating a la Dharma and Greg for an episode or two with a big reconciliation on the last episode.  Maybe it's just me but that's what the tea leaves are telling me.

Could very well happen!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I mean surely if Penny wanted a DU type she had many oppurtunities.

She thought she did. It just never worked out.

5 hours ago, mphs95 said:

I don't want to see that. Then again with the divorced parents and strained relationships in TBBT one might be reminded of Carly Simon's That's The Way I Always Heard It Should Be.

Edited by djsurrey
afterthought
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, chucky said:

After last nights episode, she deserves it!

o_382.gif.ddd0a21d2668181b5417c374e4256805.gif

LOL

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

She thought she did. It just never worked out.

I don't want to see that. Then again with the divorced parents and strained relationships in TBBT one might be reminded of Carly Simon's That's The Way I Always Heard It Should Be.

If that is the direction they are heading ( I doubt it). Pointless to get them married. Should of married them off in the final episode. As it is I don't think TPTB are that creative. Their lazziness saves them LOL. I Don't think they can be bothered trying to break them up. Then reuniting them in what 14 episodes. If Leonard Fathers a child. Then well theirs his outlet. 

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

If that is the direction they are heading ( I doubt it). Pointless to get them married. Should of married them off in the final episode. As it is I don't think TPTB are that creative. Their lazziness saves them LOL. I Don't think they can be bothered trying to break them up. Then reuniting them in what 14 episodes. If Leonard Fathers a child. Then well theirs his outlet. 

Yeah, breaking them up just to bring them back together us a bit far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Their laziness is legendary, IMHO!

Edited by chucky

Yeah, breaking them up just to bring them back together us a bit far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Their laziness is legendary, IMHO!
Tptb have already used that scenario once for lenny

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mphs95 said:

I don't see it, Penny is going to have a change of heart and tell Leonard she wants kids and they live happily ever after. I see it coming a million miles away,  just a shame they have come up with this really shit story to do it/set it up.

If this was real life then sure I could absolutely see this relationship ending.  If I was personally in that situation on either side of the fence I would sit my partner down discuss it all and if there was abundantly clear that our positions and utmost desires couldn't coexist then I would look to end the relationship.  So If I wanted kids and it was clear my partner didn't I would end the relationship, if it was clear my partner wanted kids and I didn't then I would also end the relationship because it wouldn't be fair to them to put something on hold or something they want that I couldn't give them.  Would it be painful? Absolutely, but sometimes you have to make that decision in the long run.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

TPTB have already used that scenario once for Lenny

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That won't stop them from trying it again! I don't think a total breakup will happen.  Just a heated argument and maybe a little separation for a few episodes! Then they reconcile and all's good again.

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Penny is going to have a change of heart and tell Leonard she wants kids and they live happily ever after. I see it coming a million miles away,  just a shame they have come up with this really shit story to do it/set it up.

We can only hope that happens. With these writers, you never know for sure! The bold part is spot on perfectly stated!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chucky said:

That won't stop them from trying it again! I don't think a total breakup will happen.  Just a heated argument and maybe a little separation for a few episodes! Then they reconcile and all's good again.

We can only hope that happens. With these writers, you never know for sure! The bold part is spot on perfectly stated!

I agree.  It won't be like half of the final episodes.  CL loves to do stuff like this.  Dharma and Greg he did the same thing.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1