The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I for one thought they'd have the decency not to rub it in. We know Shamy will have children, why do we need to see them getting there, while some of us who really wanted Lenny children are upset about what's going on with them?

I think a lot of fans are not going to get a lot of things they wanted . Do i think the showrunners care? Nope. I don't. If anyone else does they have more faith in the writers, etc. than I do.

1 minute ago, April said:

TBQH with YS already saying they'll have kids and the ongoing Nobel plot I kinda expected that they'd leave the Shamy babies for some vague time after the show.

I'm still holding out that the Nobel plot doesn't work out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

A Leonard & Penny centered plot.....

...about a couple who wanted to choose their sperm donor, based upon traits they would like for their child.  Controversial, interesting, thought provoking and, okay a bit weird. I really enjoyed it!

• Like 3

I for one thought they'd have the decency not to rub it in. We know Shamy will have children, why do we need to see them getting there, while some of us who really wanted Lenny children are upset about what's going on with them?

A lot of people watching Big Bang aren’t necessarily watching Young Sheldon so they don’t know YS proclaimed Shamy will have kids. So it’s no surprise they are throwing that in to the final few episodes. The Nobel plot is just a waiting game now so it would appear this is the next Shamy story to dominate the screen now that Lenny have had their A plot moment. Personally don’t see a need to ram a Shamy pregnancy story in when they’ve only just been married a few months but well Shamy rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think a lot of fans are not going to get a lot of things they wanted . Do i think the showrunners care? Nope. I don't. If anyone else does they have more faith in the writers, etc. than I do.

I am ok with that. I just want some fun old style episodes. Enough relationship stuff has been done. They are all married or kind of engaged and happy. Just let that be enough.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Why is this surprising anyone? They said on Young Sheldon that Sheldon has kids and they said on TBBT that Penny doesn't want kids. She could change her mind of course, and they could both be pregnant in the finale but I'm just not getting that vibe. Since they said these things point blank I'm just not feeling it.  No one can say they weren't warned about this. I'm glad because it probably means I won't have to watch any more boring pregnancy storylines.

I don’t watch YS. What happen on there is meaningless

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sah said:

Who says you are going to see them getting there? All we as viewers know is they have kids at some point in the future. To me this does not mean within the next weeks. I think that will not be seen. I hope it won't be seen.

Well, as we know a pregnancy in TBBT land lasts up to almost a year (lol) so unless Shamy develop a "Instant Babies - just add water!!" formula there won't be any Shamy babies any time soon. Even Shamy trying to get pregnant could take a while - the episode they film now could just be the first step and then they find out Amy is pregnant in the last few episodes or whatever. But I'm a bit out of touch with the writing this season so what do I know.

11 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm a bit torn on that cause "Sorry, you lost the Nobel, here have a baby instead!" feels like a weird consolation prize here.

• Like 2

Well, as we know a pregnancy in TBBT land lasts up to almost a year (lol) so unless Shamy develop a "Instant Babies - just add water!!" formula there won't be any Shamy babies any time soon. Even Shamy trying to get pregnant could take a while - the episode they film now could just be the first step and then they find out Amy is pregnant in the last few episodes or whatever. But I'm a bit out of touch with the writing this season so what do I know.

Sheldon may have access to advanced “fast track” cloning techniques so that by the last episode Iain Armitage can play young Sheldon jnr II. Or they go the Mork and Mindy path and reveal Sheldon really is an alien and they give birth to an adult child! Or he truly can replicate himself by eating too many dumplings, Pad Thai and spaghetti with little hot dogs! I’m jumping the Shark here, people! Going out with a Big Bang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Sah said:

Who says you are going to see them getting there? All we as viewers know is they have kids at some point in the future. To me this does not mean within the next weeks. I think that will not be seen. I hope it won't be seen.

If the writers go there, end the show with Amy pregnant and Lenny childless, I truly believe it is the piano dropped on Lenny fans by Lorre, because of their reaction to the childless Lenny plot they pushed in 12x03.  

• Like 7
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Nothing much that happens on YS affects TBBT.  Adult, mainly post-TBBT, Sheldon makes a few voice-over comments like a narrator. One of the comments was about how much he liked contracts and drew them up in later life for his wife and his own children. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I leave it on and play with my iPad because I just don’t want to watch the last half hour of Gotham and I have to kill a half hour before The Orville starts.

My guess is that Amy is already pregnant, which would tie in with their ‘having sex 3 weeks ago’ that Sheldon mentioned last episode, and that she’s trying to work out how he’d feel about it before she tells him. 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

1 hour ago, Figaro said:

My guess is that Amy is already pregnant, which would tie in with their ‘having sex 3 weeks ago’ that Sheldon mentioned last episode, and that she’s trying to work out how he’d feel about it before she tells him. 

I seriously doubt that has happened!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, April said:

I'm a bit torn on that cause "Sorry, you lost the Nobel, here have a baby instead!" feels like a weird consolation prize here.

I don't think they would present it that way. But they did set the Nobel plot up so it is dicey since they have the conflict with the two different competing papers. I'd be happy if neither of them won.

13 hours ago, SRAM said:

If the writers go there, end the show with Amy pregnant and Lenny childless, I truly believe it is the piano dropped on Lenny fans by Lorre, because of their reaction to the childless Lenny plot they pushed in 12x03.  

Who thinks Lorre cares? I am not raising my hand here. And Lenny OR fans of pregnancy plots are not the only fans anyway.

1 hour ago, Figaro said:

I thought of that, too.

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

I seriously doubt that has happened!

Why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't think they would present it that way. But they did set the Nobel plot up so it is dicey since they have the conflict with the two different competing papers. I'd be happy if neither of them won.

Who thinks Lorre cares? I am not raising my hand here. And Lenny OR fans of pregnancy plots are not the only fans anyway.

I thought of that, too.

Why?

That's my opinion. I believe the writers and some, if not most, viewers are tired of baby story lines. 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

That's my opinion. I believe the writers and some, if not most, viewers are tired of baby story lines. 

I certainly agree with that, but I still think it's possible since they wouldn't actually have to show much of it.

Who here feels suddenly from the middle of season 11 sheldon's character gas become deliberately more annoying and more insensitive rather than usual. Its quitr confusing because in the episodes leading to the wedding he became like 50 percent sensitive. Post wedding it seems ge has gotten worse. Esp in episode 5 season 12 where he tries to get amy out of her own projects 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Figaro said:

Imagine them house-hunting in a hurry before living up four flights of stairs in an apartment the size of 4B gets too inconvenient. Is there time left ? Eight episodes to be made now.

14 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Imagine them house-hunting in a hurry before living up four flights of stairs in an apartment the size of 4B gets too inconvenient. Is there time left ? Eight episodes to be made now.

Not gonna happen!

50 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I certainly agree with that, but I still think it's possible since they wouldn't actually have to show much of it.

Not enough time, plus pretty much squelched Lenny's pregnancy. They won't open that can of worms!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Not gonna happen!

Yeah He would have to change all the tags in his underwear!    I just cannot believe they would end the show with this scenario and leave Penny and Leonard childless after 12 years. That would be such a disservice and a slap in the face to all loyal P&L fans after 12 years of supporting these characters. Sorry, but that is how I feel

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Now, let me get this straight: Sheldon was ready to drop his pants and get Amy pregnant in her own lab, but now he needs to be manipulated into WANTING kids?

tenor.gif

Lordy, I hope it's just the case of bad wording.

Edited by ShamyScience
  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But not showing much of it contradicts the concept of a TV series. We already have to use up enough imagination to explain all the off-screen scenes. 😉

Anyway, sometimes I wonder, hey, the writers let out such crazy ideas, why don't they make it a funny episode?

n_664.gif.bf27494eec1c1e706a4d41c535a82ab3.gif

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ShamyScience said:

Now, let me get this straight: Sheldon was ready to drop his pants and get Amy pregnant in her own lab, but now he needs to be manipulated into WANTING kids?

tenor.gif

Lordy, I hope it's just the case of bad wording.

Yeah, I don't get it. When they were suggesting names for Howard's kids, Sheldon was keeping his names secret for the 12 kids he said he wanted.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, shell said:

Yeah, I don't get it. When they were suggesting names for Howard's kids, Sheldon was keeping his names secret for the 12 kids he said he wanted.

Maybe Sheldon's got something wrong. 🙂

sham_135.gif.32915a9b094add1f4b53375567a2419b.gif

• Haha 1