The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

46 minutes ago, veejay said:

Maybe Sheldon's got something wrong. 🙂

sham_135.gif.32915a9b094add1f4b53375567a2419b.gif

Yeah, could be. There's definitely more to the story, the writers can't get that screwed up over the time line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah He would have to change all the tags in his underwear!    I just cannot believe they would end the show with this scenario and leave Penny and Leonard childless after 12 years. That would be such a disservice and a slap in the face to all loyal P&L fans after 12 years of supporting these characters. Sorry, but that is how I feel

I have no trouble believing that. Actually I find it harder to believe they got married.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

51 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I have no trouble believing that. Actually I find it harder to believe they got married.

See. I would underline that sentence immediately, for Sheldon and Amy!

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, veejay said:

So true! 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, luminous said:

OMG! Kevin Smith looks so thin! (He lost like 60 pounds after his heart attack)

• Like 1

One character manipulating the other instead of ‘talking it out’ is in the show’s dna and the writers have shown that if they can get comedy out of it that’s what they will do even going to the extent of ignoring what they have written previously.

First thoughts would be that I would take the Amy trying to manipulate Sheldon into trying for a family with a pinch of salt for now, some wires could have been crossed on the set visit.

But let’s say it’s true, well it seems like another dumb storyline in a dumb season.

For one Sheldon from the evidence I have seen wouldn’t need to be convinced to start a family, in fact the prospect of ‘mixing their dna’ would seem pretty appealing.

Of course I could see that changing during the course of a pregnancy, perhaps Sheldon worrying about impending fatherhood and a fear about having children being like him (I’ve always had it in my mind that would become a fear in him at some point, something Shamy would need to get through if they were expecting) but the actual decision to start a family? I don’t see how he would need to manipulated or encouraged for that.

I also feel again it’s another old school take on a story. Amy did have to at times manipulate Sheldon to advance their relationship along even sometimes to get to a milestone. I don’t see why she would have to do that now they are married, kind of feels like the writers are really reaching here, trying to mine some old comedy vein even though they have really moved on and aren’t the same people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Donation Oscillation:

-It took all episode to get to the vomit comet, and the story should've at least split half the focus with Raj/Anu since it was his bachelor party

-In already short episodes, we don't need minute long scenes of Sheldon fixing himself cereal

-Good, Leonard/Penny shared a sad hug and came to terms with reality, Wyatt just there to make it seem like more happened

For Conference Valuation Speculation:

-Maybe someone will notice Penny at the convention?

-We're totally headed towards Leonard donating his sperm to Amy, Sheldon is going to be infertile 

• Haha 4

https://tvline.com/2019/02/08/the-big-bang-theory-series-finale-one-hour-two-parter/

I wonder how many Young Sheldon commercials can get packed into the back to back episodes finale.  Maybe they can do something like tune in the the new season of Young Sheldon to see when Amy got pregnant, see if his good friend Penny changed her mind, or anyone won a Nobel.  

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

We're totally headed towards Leonard donating his sperm to Amy, Sheldon is going to be infertile 

Probably. He'll then be in the same boat as Zack! Sheldon would just ask George Jr for the donation! Penny will tell him to talk to his brother.

• Like 1

Leonard doesn't get smart and beautiful babies, and Sheldon's retort that they'll be imaginary is ironic considering his own lacking down there

The joke will be on both of them and lead to very obvious ways for Sheldon to get jealous and worked up, and Leonard will be like an uncle father

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

16 minutes ago, April said:

LoKMakoWTFfacepalm.gif.bc8838e597b5cd16fdbcc663fb4edfc6.gif

what.gif.8cabcb8c31a67604a2c46494b09d9b57.gif

😊

Edited by veejay
  • Koala Face 1

3 hours ago, Shelldon said:

We're totally headed towards Leonard donating his sperm to Amy, Sheldon is going to be infertile 

That would be so funny, it think I would hurt myself laughing if that actually happened, but I don’t think it ever will.  Great idea though @Shelldon.

• Like 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Nah the man who took a shower at the Wolowitz’s a couple of weeks ago because Bernadette forced him to hold a child will have super sperm and be a fabulous dad , and childless Penny and Leonard will help them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

THANK YOU for saying this.

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ShamyScience said:

but now he needs to be manipulated into WANTING kids?

Where's that come from ? What have I missed ? 

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Where's that come from ? What have I missed ? 

The article mentioned here:

It's probably just a bad description by the journalist but still... ugh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, veejay said:

Yes, for gosh sake she insulted physics and Maxwell in 4.03.

Amy: I’m sorry, was I being too subtle? I meant compared to the real-world applications of neurobiology, theoretical physics is, what’s the word I’m looking for? Hmm, cute.

Leonard and Howard together: Oooh!

Sheldon: Are you suggesting the work of a neurobiologist like Babinski could ever rise to the significance of a physicist like Clarke-Maxwell or Dirac?

Amy: I’m stating it outright. Babinski eats Dirac for breakfast and defecates Clarke-Maxwell.

Sheldon: You take that back.

Amy: Absolutely not. My colleagues and I are mapping the neurological substrates that subserve global information processing, which is required for all cognitive reasoning, including scientific inquiry, making my research ipso facto prior in the ordo cognoscendi. That means it’s better than his research, and by extension, of course, yours.

3 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Yes, for gosh sake she insulted physics and Maxwell in 4.03.

And Sheldon was going crazy over it so that should have told you otherwise.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, April said:

And Sheldon was going crazy over it so that should have told you otherwise.

Told me what otherwise?

12 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Told me what otherwise?

You said that you'd never thought Sheldon and Amy would get married because she insulted physics but the point of the episode was that Sheldon was already going crazy without her (*cough*25cats*cough) so should have been a hint that Amy was here to stay.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, April said:

Thank you.  I'd somehow missed a handful of pages. Caught up now, I think. My guess is Sheldon tells Amy Penny 's been discussing with him her reasons for wanting to be child-free and it's making him wonder about his own aim to found the homo-novo-Cooperline. Amy reassures him. I can't see her manipulating him into 'trying' while they live in 4B.

Edited by joyceraye
Clearer sentence

1 hour ago, April said:

One journalist, among the many that visited Stage 25 during the TCA Set Visit Day described the plot of what they had seen. Normally that is not done and on some of the other set visits they made that day they were instructed to not reveal any spoilers. Most just posted pictures of the keepsakes they received or the food that they ate.

One guy, whose perception was that Amy was "manipulating" Sheldon does not make for me a taping report.  So I will withhold judgement until I get more detail from other sources.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2