The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I have no trouble believing that. Actually I find it harder to believe they got married.

And others do not. Leonard and Penny ending up together was telegraphed from early on in the series.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

And others do not. Leonard and Penny ending up together was telegraphed from early on in the series.

True! Shamy was the surprise wedding/relationship. Sheldon was always asexual.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, vonmar said:

One journalist, among the many that visited Stage 25 during the TCA Set Visit Day described the plot of what they had seen. Normally that is not done and on some of the other set visits they made that day they were instructed to not reveal any spoilers. Most just posted pictures of the keepsakes they received or the food that they ate.

One guy, whose perception was that Amy was "manipulating" Sheldon does not make for me a taping report.  So I will withhold judgement until I get more detail from other sources.

I've been interning at a local publication here on long island for about six months now and I'm responsible for writing what celebrities who live here or have homes here are up to for the website. Honestly, while it's good writing experience to put on a resume, it's really turned me off to this form of news. It doesn't matter how stupid or minuscule it is, it's my job (and other writers) to pump out a minimum of 300 words and make it sound like it's the most important thing you've ever read. So I'm with you, I'm not forming an opinion until I know the wording isn't some journalist's way to make it sound more dramatic than it is. That's the job. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gsxdoug said:

yup.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, veejay said:

See. I would underline that sentence immediately, for Sheldon and Amy!

S & A have more in common then any couple on the show.

Remember the list?

• Like 3
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

26 minutes ago, Tribble said:

Remember the list?

Having a lot in common does not always mean good compatibility when it comes to marriage.  Just like couples of opposite personality does not mean they will have a bad marriage.   For me, it wasn't until mid season five that they showed Sheldon had made enough progress to make his marriage to Amy, at some point, inevitable.  And even then, there were periods and episodes that indicated he might not ever be ready.   Of course, YMMV.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tribble said:

Remember the list?

I remember Sheldon. That's enough for me.

s_360.gif.84a9a439ce1de140f3c7158abe47bb2d.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One thing L&P have going for them is a very high tolerance for difficult people. It is like their super power. They have willingly put up with Sheldon after all.  Few would/could.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

One thing L&P have going for them is a very high tolerance for difficult people. It is like their super power. They have willingly put up with Sheldon after all.  Few would/could.

I could do that once, too. But now my emphasis is only on "could".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

One thing L&P have going for them is a very high tolerance for difficult people. It is like their super power. They have willingly put up with Sheldon after all

Not to mention Howard the creep and Raj the mocker!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tribble said:

Remember the list?

I remember Sheldon telling his mother that.

12 hours ago, gsxdoug said:

But I've seen many shows where a busty blonde airhead was lusted after by a nerd and the nerd doesn't always get the girl. And that is what they both were made out to be at the beginning of the show.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But I've seen many shows where a busty blonde airhead was lusted after by a nerd and the nerd doesn't always get the girl. And that is what they both were made out to be at the beginning of the show.

That storyline ended  back in late season 1. Bernadette and Amy weren’t even a thought back then.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tribble said:

Remember the list?

Agree...they have a ton in common. I enjoy this about them. They always have fun even in the most random ways. They seem to always be on the same page and really enjoy being around each other. 

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

Having a lot in common does not always mean good compatibility when it comes to marriage.  Just like couples of opposite personality does not mean they will have a bad marriage.   For me, it wasn't until mid season five that they showed Sheldon had made enough progress to make his marriage to Amy, at some point, inevitable.  And even then, there were periods and episodes that indicated he might not ever be ready.   Of course, YMMV.

I think both types of relationships can work. It makes a little easier when you have atleast have something in common.

49 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That storyline ended  back in late season 1. Bernadette and Amy weren’t even a thought back then.

I think it is has always been about the nerd getting the girl. The nerds were trying to get the girl or a girl from the first episode...

Edited by Sah
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sah said:

Agree...they have a ton in common. I enjoy this about them. They always have fun even in the most random ways. They seem to always be on the same page and really enjoy being around each other. 

It makes it a little easier when you have atleast have something in common...

They know each other so well, and are there for each other. They can tolerate each other so well because they accepted each other fully and know what they have to do to make it work. I believe Amy especially appreciates the growth in Sheldon since when she first met him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, shell said:

They know each other so well, and are there for each other. They can tolerate each other so well because they accepted each other fully and know what they have to do to make it work. I believe Amy especially appreciates the growth in Sheldon since when she first met him.

I completely agree. They each found their perfect match in each other. Unconditional love at its finest. Before they met they were really broken people. Together they make a wonderful team that bring out the best in each other. I have no doubt that they will have a long, happy life together. 

9 hours ago, veejay said:

I remember Sheldon. That's enough for me.

s_360.gif.84a9a439ce1de140f3c7158abe47bb2d.gif

Love that episode! Howard and Sheldon were hilarious together. Sheldon's face with the spitwad just cracks me up. Also Howard asking if that will be on the test because he doesn't think he can do that again. Love, Love, Love. Wish they made more funny episodes like this one. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sah said:

I completely agree. They each found their perfect match in each other. Unconditional love at its finest. Before they met they were really broken people. Together they make a wonderful team that bring out the best in each other. I have no doubt that they will have a long, happy life together. 

Love that episode! Howard and Sheldon were hilarious together. Sheldon's face with the spitwad just cracks me up. Also Howard asking if that will be on the test because he doesn't think he can do that again. Love, Love, Love. Wish they made more funny episodes like this one. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

That was a great one. When they were trying to stump him and he gagged up the spitball

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SRAM said:

That would be so funny, it think I would hurt myself laughing if that actually happened, but I don’t think it ever will.  Great idea though @Shelldon.

Leonard will be tied to Sheldon forever! Hahaha. He would never be able to free himself. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shell said:

That was a great one. When they were trying to stump him and he gagged up the spitball

I love how Jim Parsons does physical comedy so perfectly . Great comedic timing. I just adore him and his work in general.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

2 hours ago, Sah said:

I think it is has always been about the nerd getting the girl. The nerds were trying to get the girl or a girl from the first episode...

Sheldon was trying to get a girl from the first episode? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon was the exception to the rule!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

He is the exception. You know this. His lady love was always physics until Amy. All the other nerds  were trying to get the girl o a girl from the beginning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sah said:

Leonard will be tied to Sheldon forever! Hahaha. He would never be able to free himself. Lol.

That works both ways.  Sheldon is tied to Leonard also.  That was illustrated even  in the last episode, when Sheldon was jealous of Leonard being chosen by Zack and Marissa to be the donor.  There are more examples of Leonard being able to move on, and Sheldon not being able. 

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That works both ways.  Sheldon is tied to Leonard also.  That was illustrated even  in the last episode, when Sheldon was jealous of Leonard being chosen by Zack and Marissa to be the donor.  There are more examples of Leonard being able to move on, and Sheldon not being able. 

I like Leonard as Sheldon's best friend. It doesn't bug me in the least to think they will always have a place in each others life and will always be there. I don't have the yearning to cut ties between them as some fan's do and I really enjoy their interactions.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sah said:

I like Leonard as Sheldon's best friend. It doesn't bug me in the least to think they will always have a place in each others life and will always be there. I don't have the yearning to cut ties between them as some fan's do and really enjoy their interactions.

Leonard said it best, 'He's kind of broken and I guess I am, too. We need each other.'

• Like 4