The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

47 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That works both ways.  Sheldon is tied to Leonard also.  That was illustrated even  in the last episode, when Sheldon was jealous of Leonard being chosen by Zack and Marissa to be the donor.  There are more examples of Leonard being able to move on, and Sheldon not being able. 

Impartially considered, there's a important link between the two guys.

misc_126.gif.20b27011ff1742efe5f060d413c5ddb5.gif

Btw. I'm not always ironic.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sah said:

Hey, if y'all can joke about Sheldon shooting blanks and having Leonard be the sperm donor for Shamy,  I will laugh at the thought of Leonard always having that crucial tie to Sheldon. I think it would just kill all the Sheldon haters. Leonard would never be able to walk away from a biological child correct? 

And Penny is an important link. I agree. Love her interactions with Sheldon as well. All best friends. They are lucky. This was also a great scene. I love Footprints on the Moon. 

I tend to like the interactions between Sheldon and Leonard when Sheldon's not being an ass, when Sheldon lets his true feelings come through. IMO Leonard has always been the better friend (to the other), but that is also a product of his personality. I used to like Sheldon and Penny's interactions more when they were frenemies. Right now it seems a little bland between them for my taste. As far as Lenny goes I hardly recognize them these days. Only very few vestiges remain of the couple I once knew.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I like Leonard as Sheldon's best friend. It doesn't bug me in the least to think they will always have a place in each others life and will always be there. I don't have the yearning to cut ties between them as some fan's do and I really enjoy their interactions.

I have no problem with their being in each other's lives! I think that they need more separation than just a hallway! 

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Impartially considered, there's a important link between the two guys.

misc_126.gif.20b27011ff1742efe5f060d413c5ddb5.gif

Btw. I'm not always ironic.

Yeah Beverly!  :sungum:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I agree, we can't have that pesky Leonard just letting himself into 4B any time he feels like it.  So rude, using his emergency key and then sleeping

on Sheldon and Amy's couch.  :laugh:

Yeah, as if that's the problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Bernadette and Amy weren’t even a thought back then.

What have they got to do with it?

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon was trying to get a girl from the first episode? 

All the guys were portrayed as nerds. Leonard, too.

2 hours ago, Sah said:

I like Leonard as Sheldon's best friend. It doesn't bug me in the least to think they will always have a place in each others life and will always be there. I don't have the yearning to cut ties between them as some fan's do and I really enjoy their interactions.

Exactly. To me, when I started watching the show it was about these two friends and how everyone reacted to them and how they reacted to each other. I didn't care much about anyone else at all, Howard, Raj or Penny.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I used to like Sheldon and Penny's interactions more when they were frenemies.

Yes, I have said this many times. Their barbed comments were funnier than the saccharine ones we get most of the time now.

• Like 7

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

All the guys were portrayed as nerds. Leonard, too.

No one said that Dr Leonard Hofstadter wasn't a nerd. He himself called himself the king of nerds!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 10:33 AM, djsurrey said:

I have no trouble believing that. Actually I find it harder to believe they got married.

I also find it hard to believe Amy married Sheldon! Leonard and Penny's wedding was a given from Season 1, Episode 1!

• Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

But I've seen many shows where a busty blonde airhead was lusted after by a nerd and the nerd doesn't always get the girl. And that is what they both were made out to be at the beginning of the show.

But I'm not talking about other shows, just this one. And, except for a couple bits of OOC writing like the glue gun, I've never felt that Penny was an airhead. Zack, for example, is a real airhead.

• Like 6

the discussion about Jim was moved to the Chit Chat thread.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

Penny was portrayed initially as woefully ignorant but of average ntelligence. 

That's fun! 🙂

n_191.gif.36725afe8538966fd0cd91a20c89d2f2.gif

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

So nice to see your avatar again.

Thanks. I thought it could document my confusion about the final season best. 🙂

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

'If it's a girl she'll look like Penny' is now on the list of my favourite lines.

That one and when he asked if they would blow up the moon with their laser! Leonard's response was great as well. Stating they set the laser to stun!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, chucky said:

I have no problem with their being in each other's lives! I think that they need more separation than just a hallway! 

Then there wouldn't be much of a show.

That 'conflict' fuels much of the dialogue and circumstances for interaction.  

Like the Ricardos and Mertzes.

4 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Penny was portrayed initially as woefully ignorant but of average ntelligence. 

Ignorant, but not unintelligent.

Ignorance can be cured.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Then there wouldn't be much of a show.

I disagree. Everything would remain the same, only the distance between them will change. Believe what you want tp believe and I'll believe what I want and we're both happy.

13 hours ago, chucky said:

I also find it hard to believe Amy married Sheldon! Leonard and Penny's wedding was a given from Season 1, Episode 1!

I didn't see either Leonard or Sheldon as marriage material in that ep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

'If it's a girl she'll look like Penny' is now on the list of my favourite lines.

Will it blow up the moon? Another one I love :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Well, I do see Leonard as marriage material.

11 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Maybe not marriage material but certainly a better chance to get a girlfriend. I believe in the tag in the first episodeSheldon called him  the mack daddy in the  vehicle.

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Considering Raj couldn’t talk to women, Howard was creepy and no one knew Sheldon’s deal I would have to agree.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, chucky said:

Of the four he was the likeliest, but he was still a short. asthmatic nerd daydreaming about the busty blond in short shorts that he had just met. That was no lead pipe cinch to me, especially since it was a comedy that wasn't advertised as something that would suddenly turn into a rom com.

37 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Considering Raj couldn’t talk to women, Howard was creepy and no one knew Sheldon’s deal I would have to agree.

Good point.

• Like 1