The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Of the four he was the likeliest, but he was still a short. asthmatic nerd daydreaming about the busty blond in short shorts that he had just met.

So what? That must have what she wanted. She tried those other crappy guys and found them lacking! She tried the nerd and fell in love. That's the life in a sitcom!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Of the four he was the likeliest, but he was still a short. asthmatic nerd daydreaming about the busty blond in short shorts that he had just met. 

I see absolutely nothing disqualifying in that.  Plus he was cute.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luminous said:

I wonder what is going on?  Are they doing a flashback to picture day in high school or taking pretend yearbook photos?  I wounder how this will somehow be part of tomorrows taping?

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I wonder what is going on?  Are they doing a flashback to picture day in high school or taking pretend yearbook photos?  I wounder how this will somehow be part of tomorrows taping?

They didn't go to high school together. I am wondering as well. Very interesting...

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

They didn't go to high school together. I am wondering as well. Very interesting...

They could have just posed together for fun after taking their individual photos.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Of the four he was the likeliest, but he was still a short. asthmatic nerd daydreaming about the busty blond in short shorts that he had just met. That was no lead pipe cinch to me, especially since it was a comedy that wasn't advertised as something that would suddenly turn into a rom com.

That's it. If I had known back then that this funny nerd comedy was developing in the direction of a simple rom-com, I would have presumably stopped watching by the end of the 7th season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kaley Cuoco Shares Her Favorite 'Big Bang Theory' Episodes & Post-Finale Plans

from tvinsider.com

And did we ever find out her (maiden) last name?
No, no last name. It’ll always be a mystery. She doesn’t need a last name. She’s like Cher!

There have been so many terrific episodes but do you have a favorite or memorable one?
I like the Scavenger hunt episode [“The Scavenger Vortex” in Season 7, Episode 3] because it involved the whole cast.

I'd have hoped for some more of that kind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:36 AM, djsurrey said:

One thing L&P have going for them is a very high tolerance for difficult people. It is like their super power. They have willingly put up with Sheldon after all.  Few would/could.

But Sheldon has been a good friend to both sometimes and is in a strange way loveable. What strikes me as unrealistic is how they tolerate Amy, who is totally unrewarding. This is particularly true of Penny, and of course Bernadette also tolerates A. This goes beyond admirable tolerance IMO and makes P & B look like idiots in that respect. And then B & H tolerate Raj almost unconditionally. So we have 4 tolerators and 3 toleratees.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, chucky said:

So what? That must have what she wanted. She tried those other crappy guys and found them lacking! She tried the nerd and fell in love. That's the life in a sitcom!

NOT in the first ep which was what you said. You said you thought it was clear they were going to marry from ep 1 season 1.

5 hours ago, veejay said:

That's it. If I had known back then that this funny nerd comedy was developing in the direction of a simple rom-com, I would have presumably stopped watching by the end of the 7th season.

Yes, that's it exactly.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

NOT in the first ep which was what you said. You said you thought it was clear they were going to marry from ep 1 season 1.

Well, surprise surprise, we disagree! You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe. That's what makes the world so great!

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

But Sheldon has been a good friend to both sometimes and is in a strange way loveable. What strikes me as unrealistic is how they tolerate Amy, who is totally unrewarding. This is particularly true of Penny, and of course Bernadette also tolerates A. This goes beyond admirable tolerance IMO and makes P & B look like idiots in that respect. And then B & H tolerate Raj almost unconditionally. So we have 4 tolerators and 3 toleratees.

I think the men all tolerate one another based on what they had in common when they were bachelors together with common interests in games,comic books and sci-fi. Bernadette and Amy needed a cool friend like Penny and Penny needed them as an entree into the men's world. They've had little choice but to tolerate Amy anyway since it was obvious Sheldon wasn't getting rid of her.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, that's it exactly.

...and I blame that forum on my unflinching loyalty for this series, damn. 😁

nw_048.gif.6c21bd47f027ca4f7c1537bc4e5271e7.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They've had little choice but to tolerate Amy anyway since it was obvious Sheldon wasn't getting rid of her.

I don't know. Penny and Bernadette could have treated her like they treated the second Emily. At first Sheldon said Amy was a friend, who is a girl, but not his girlfriend! So, they could have ignored her!

3 minutes ago, veejay said:

...and I blame that forum on my unflinching loyalty for this series, damn.

nw_048.gif.6c21bd47f027ca4f7c1537bc4e5271e7.gif

TRUE!😊

• Like 2

13 hours ago, luminous said:

WOW, this looks very interesting!

let's hope to get some spoilers from todays taping

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, margarete said:

WOW, this looks very interesting!

let's hope to get some spoilers from todays taping

YESSSS!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, gsxdoug said:

Zack, for example, is a real airhead.

That's putting it very mildly! 😊

On 2/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

I just noticed this. Personally I didn't like her dressing like that to sabotage him when they should have just talked it out. I know they were going for funny, but it wasn't funny to me. It was cringe worthy to me. As for her acting, as far as I'm concerned she's a perfectly adequate television sitcom actress, not Katharine Hepburn.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in my opinion this is a completely ridiculous opinion. KC has real star quality that lights up every scene she's in. Not Katherine Hepburn, more like Goldie Hawn. Comic/ light romantic. I've thought for several seasons that TBBT should have ended and KC should have been starring in films. Penny has perhaps the greatest depth of any character. Just watch the scene where L tells P that he can't see her any more because it upsets Priya: KC puts so much into "Goodbye, Leonard". The Lenny love story is the only sitcom romance I've ever cared about. It wasn't what I was looking for when I started watching TBBT but KC's performance was compelling. I probably wouldn't still be watching, and certainly wouldn't have bothered to join this forumif it weren't for Lenny.

One for whom "perfectly adequate sitcom actress" is a perfectly adequate assessment is MB. Obviously a first-class supporting actor with the skills of delivery, timing and movement to be expected, but nothing more. No charisma, no depth of characterisation. She was fine as long as Amy and Sheldon's relationship was a joke - it was sometimes very funny - but since the writers tried to turn into a real relationship MB has utterly failed as a romantic heroine - which is very different from the role she was hired for.  I've never believed in Amy as a person, and perhaps that's just as well. If Amy were a "real" character like Penny is, her backstory of childhood loneliness would be heartbreaking; as it is it's just absurd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Taking Day. The Instagram photo look very interesting. Could be a fun episode

Based on the photo it could be a redoing (or flashback) of sort of their old High School photo. Could be some sort of event they are doing at work

• Like 1

20 hours ago, luminous said:

From the comments:

themelissarauch

Love you!!!! 😘😂😘

missmayim

Not jealous at all. You two!!!!💗🔥

kaleycuoco

@missmayim 😭🤣

Edited by Kev0821
I added Melissa's comment.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in my opinion this is a completely ridiculous opinion. KC has real star quality that lights up every scene she's in. Not Katherine Hepburn, more like Goldie Hawn. Comic/ light romantic. I've thought for several seasons that TBBT should have ended and KC should have been starring in films. Penny has perhaps the greatest depth of any character. Just watch the scene where L tells P that he can't see her any more because it upsets Priya: KC puts so much into "Goodbye, Leonard". The Lenny love story is the only sitcom romance I've ever cared about. It wasn't what I was looking for when I started watching TBBT but KC's performance was compelling. I probably wouldn't still be watching, and certainly wouldn't have bothered to join this forumif it weren't for Lenny.

One for whom "perfectly adequate sitcom actress" is a perfectly adequate assessment is MB. Obviously a first-class supporting actor with the skills of delivery, timing and movement to be expected, but nothing more. No charisma, no depth of characterisation. She was fine as long as Amy and Sheldon's relationship was a joke - it was sometimes very funny - but since the writers tried to turn into a real relationship MB has utterly failed as a romantic heroine - which is very different from the role she was hired for.  I've never believed in Amy as a person, and perhaps that's just as well. If Amy were a "real" character like Penny is, her backstory of childhood loneliness would be heartbreaking; as it is it's just absurd.

I agree with your assessment of KC. She is a terrific comedic actress and I think a very good dramatic actress if given the roles. She has not done many films recently, I believe her last movie role was in "Burning Bodhi" which I thought she was terrific and received a modicum of praise for her portrayal of a drug addled girl trying to find her way. She has not done any films since opting for riding her horses with her husband during the summer hiatus and the occasional commercials. photo shoots, and endorsements. I am anxious to see her in "The Flight Attendant" being produced by her own production company. This should bring out her dramatic acting ability and  to pick and choose what projects to undertake. I also believe her transformation of her character from a so-called ditzy blonde to a professional working woman has been the most significant of all the characters on TBBT.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I agree with your assessment of KC. She is a terrific comedic actress and I think a very good dramatic actress if given the roles. She has not done many films recently, I believe her last movie role was in "Burning Bodhi" which I thought she was terrific and received a modicum of praise for her portrayal of a drug addled girl trying to find her way. She has not done any films since opting for riding her horses with her husband during the summer hiatus and the occasional commercials. photo shoots, and endorsements. I am anxious to see her in "The Flight Attendant" being produced by her own production company. This should bring out her dramatic acting ability and  to pick and choose what projects to undertake. I also believe her transformation of her character from a so-called ditzy blonde to a professional working woman has been the most significant of all the characters on TBBT.

I totally agree! 

What’s the point here? Leonard was asthmatic, short and cute? Well yeah that is his character. But I’ve never seen him as an out and out geek. He was always the most normal of the guys. And Sheldons reaffirming in the pilot. Referring to him as a “veritable mackdaddy”. Set the tone for the series. Penny could in another lifetime be with any rich, tall, good looking guy she wanted. Or dumb gym guys as she put it. But she outgrew those types of guys around season 2. When she started to grow up. Leonard’s always intellectually challenged her. Subconsciously they always had a deep seeded connection. Through their relationship with their parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

What’s the point here? Leonard was asthmatic, short and cute? Well yeah that is his character. But I’ve never seen him as an out and out geek. He was always the most normal of the guys. And Sheldons reaffirming in the pilot. Referring to him as a “veritable mackdaddy”. Set the tone for the series. Penny could in another lifetime be with any rich, tall, good looking guy she wanted. Or dumb gym guys as she put it. But she outgrew those types of guys around season 2. When she started to grow up. Leonard’s always intellectually challenged her. Subconsciously they always had a deep seeded connection. Through their relationship with their parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true  Leonard's self-named "King of the Nerds" is really a far cry from who he actually is.  If you really analyze these original five characters it is Leonard who they all look to for guidance  and leadership even though they will not admit it.  I think Penny has been influenced the most, obviously, by Leonard and I think that is what her father saw in him. He gave her the stability and direction she needed in her life at the time.

• Like 4
  • Leonard Cupid 1