The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Yeah but Penny changing her mind and wanting a baby is a flick of a writers pen.  Leonard suddenly being ok with not having kids is brain surgery.🕐

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, April said:

Maybe. It wasn't really clear to me what's happening. Pronouns can cause misunderstandings.

Totally.

I remember "...when we talk". :shy:

futureisgreat.gif.7f673a002bca0da2398018cf842f21d3.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, April said:

That is up for interpretation, I guess. I don't think it was super hesitant and unsure (that also wouldn't really fit Penny in these kinds of situations). But it also wasn't a super strong confirmation. It's easy to say "sure, one day" or something - even without hesitation. In the end it simply might be you interpreting the writing/acting differently than it was intended by the writers.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we got an interview about how and why Lenny are "just not that kind of couple" similarly to what we got for the wedding. yikes

Of course it is up for interpretation but I really really doubt they planned this. As you say though they may try to lousily justify themselves. 

I'm gonna stick to fanfiction worlds I guess . 

• Koala Face 1

25 minutes ago, genecollie said:

Thank you for the nice comments, I have lurking for years and felt a owed you all a report. Sorry I left out so many words, but got home very late after the taping. I had a good time, won candy for being married the longest. (which also make me feel very old). Raj really looked happy after the proposal, not like when he tried to break up with the girl friend in the graveyard. A funny thing when Leonard got in the Batmobile he drove without Penny and then came back and said get in Robin.

Thank you so much for all the details. They look nice plots. 

Btw, welcome to the forum. Have fun!

• Like 3

Lenny decided not to have child. The End..Period...No more then that.

Penny is clearly ment to be a aunt. Cute when they come then the best  is that you get to send them home😁

Edited by Burberry
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

Of course it is up for interpretation but I really really doubt they planned this. As you say though they may try to lousily justify themselves

If there is one thing that's become clear in the past seasons it's that they don't plan anything for Lenny and then justify it with "oh that's just how they are!" Even though I'm not their biggest fan I keep hoping for something good to come along but alas... Lenny will apparently only be "the nerd and the hot chick" and that's it. Ugh

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Burberry said:

The writers decided that Lenny will not have a child.  

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Penny is clearly ment to be a aunt. Cute when they come then the best this is that you get to send them home😁

How many of us have decided not to have children and then...

This plot point could be what is known technically as a “dummy pass”, or “feint”. I’ll wait for s12.24. That’ll be definite. Till then, it’s only one script away.

Edit - mind you, I might not excited about hanging about for disappointment. I’ll probably see 12.24 in the reruns in 2020.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Thank you so very much @genecollie! You're AMAZING!!!

But I have no words to describe how truly upset I am now for what the writers are doing with Lenny. My terrible prediction was true. I can't believe it. I so so hope they change that later. This is just unbelievable. They had Penny say various time that she wanted kids, and there wasn't doubt there. So suddenly she doesn't?!?! And Leonard so quickly accepts this?!?! I just... I just can't, I really don't know what to write. Right now my desire to watch the season sank down.

Yeah I disagree. I really liked what I read. Sounds like as expected Penny is having doubts about wanting kids. Which imo that was predictable. Sure in the past she sporadically. But they never had long conservations about it. It not OOC. Leonards always been the most commited one in their relationship. Penny had a fear of commitment. Now she has a fear of being a mother. It sounds like they well eventually have kids, signs are their. I am fine with this development. I don't see how Leonard compromising his wants for Penny is new. Hes frequently done it through out the series. The angle for now well be "Lenny decide to not have kids". But I would not at all be surprised too see that change by end of series. I stand by it well be unplanned. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

How many of us have decided not to have children and then...

This plot point could be what is known technically as a “dummy pass”, or “feint”. I’ll wait for s12.24. That’ll be definite. Till then, it’s only one script away.

Edit - mind you, I might not excited about hanging about for disappointment. I’ll probably see 12.24 in the reruns in 2020.

And I thought you were waiting for a cliffhanger for the 13th season. How you can fool someone.

LOL7.gif.caf3792a2936c57678635ea1e769c0ea.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, veejay said:

And I thought you were waiting for a cliffhanger for the 13th season. How you can fool someone.

LOL7.gif.caf3792a2936c57678635ea1e769c0ea.gif

It still could be a cliffhanger. 

Scene: Penny in bathroom. Noise of Leonard’s tenure success party off screen. Penny staring in shock at  pregnancy test stick. A smile develops.

End scene. Roll credits

to be resolved.

oh, two test sticks. Because twins!

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Continuity if anything. Bit clichied. But hey beats standing behind kitchen island. Penny has fears of commiting to Leonard through marrage for years. Now has fears of wanting kids. I don't their was enough substantial evidence to suggest she wanted kids. Lets not forget they did this same storyline with Howard and Bernadette. She Vehlementally was againgst KIds. Hated them from recollection. But they ended up having 2. So who knows. OF course even if Penny decided she wanted some .Be a long way to wait anyway. 

Let’s be honest. In theory the idea of kids should of been a discussion well before they got married. But looking at their milestones over the past 12 years. It’s aiways been purely spontaneous. Their first date was spontaneous. When they first slept together. It was spontaneous. When Leonard than, later on Penny said I love you. It was spontaneous. Their decision to get married. Was spontaneous. Where as this is the first storyline you could argue. That really involves them thinking and talking. So I get some bit bummed by this development. But I’m interested in where this is heading. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 7

@genecollie, you are AWESOME! I've been going through taping report withdrawals! After Mark Cendrowski posted a photo in the Batmobile, I thought that they would probably use it! Do you remember the title of last night's episode? THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SPOILERS! They're very much appreciated!

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, genecollie said:

First all scenes were in swing sets, hard to see. Mayim was not there, maybe because of holiday. Still fun. 

Pre-taped, Shamy in apt, Sheldon is photoshopping people in their wedding pictures, the Wright brothers, and he get a email from Tam. He is coming to CalTech with his son who will be attending school there and wants to see Sheldon. Amy asks who Tam is, Sheldon is very angry at Tam and won't tell Amy why.

In Bernadette's office, Penny and Bernadette want to check out Anu, Bernie calls her dad to do a police check on her, he says no. 

Pre-taped, Amy asks the gang  in Lenny's apt, what they know about Tam, they haven't heard about him, but check Sheldon's enemy list. They find Tam and it only says he knows why. They decide to find him on campus.

Penny and Bernadette go to the hotel where Anu works to check her out, they make plans with her to go out to dinner.  She gets reservation for a hard to get into restaurant and Bernadette says if she can get in anywhere why would she want to marry Raj.

Pre-taped, at CalTech Quad, the boys check out every Asian man until they find Tam. They ask about Sheldon and he is unaware Sheldon is angry at him. Sheldon comes over and calls the boys traitors and says Tams knows why I am mad and Tam says no I don't.

Penny, Bernadette, and Anu is nice restaurant. See LaBron James. They talk and Anu says she tried falling in love and it didn't work and thought my parents are happy, I should do it their way. 

Sheldon's office, Leonard and Sheldon talking about how it stupid for Sheldon to angry at Tam and Leonard for taking Tam's side.

Pre-taped, Shamy in apt taking about why he is angry. He seems when he came to California, Tam was supposed to come too, but he stayed in Texas with his girlfriend. Amy says it worked out okay, you have new friends and a good life.

Back in the restaurant, the girls are drunk and Anu is questioning them about why is Raj still single. They say many embarrassing things, like bathing with his dog, crying while listening to music, and others.

Sheldon's office, Sheldon forgives Tam and Tam says I didn't know you where angry. When I didn't come to California I knew you would do well  and I was in love with my wife wanted to stay in Texas. I have had a good life. Sheldon responses you are so brave.

Cafe, Tam is leaving and Sheldon makes Leonard drive him to the airport.

In Bernadette's office, Bernadette is showing Penny a blur in LaBron's intsagram photo and says it's her. The phone rings and Raj yells why did you tell Anu I use Secret deodorant, it was secret. Don't talk to her anymore. The girls decide to see Anu again to fix it, maybe she can get them in another fancy restaurant.

Sorry I left out most of the jokes, it was funny.  At least, you the plot.

3 hours ago, genecollie said:

I was at the taping last night. They also showed the episode from the week before.

Last week two story lines. They are all eating in apt. and discussing Raj's arranged new girl friend.  They hadn't met yet, but he claims since they took a test he knows her well. Everyone except Sheldon has how about romance and Sheldon says lucky. Raj asks a question that shows that Lenny won't know each other well  and Penny says send us the test.

Raj has his date with Anu.  She is business type, working as a hotel concierge. Very cut and dry, but pretty and nice.

Lenny takes the test and Penny thinks she doesn't want kids. When she tells him in the next scene he thinks she's pregnant and is sad and leaves when she tells him.

Reactions from Sheldon, I don't care;  Amy, you have to have kids to be our kids friends because we both have no social skills, and Bernadette, yes you do.

Howard tells Raj he shouldn't have an arranged marriage and Raj is angry.  Howard and Bernadette complain together that their should listen to them because they know what they are doing and things together. Then Stewart and his girlfriend come in and go to his bedroom playing sexy music and H and B look like maybe we don't have it together.

In the cafe tells Raj, that Raj is a romantic and he makes him sad to see him give  it up, but will support his marriage.

At home, Lenny makes up and he says he wanted children, a nobel prize and the Batmobile, but realizes he has Penny and that is enough. The phone rings and Penny's dad is mad because he was grand babies, Leonard say he may not be okay with it.

Anu and Raj on second date, he says I need romance and can't go through with this.  She gets on one knee and proposes and he happily accepts and they kiss.

Last scene Penny rents the Batmobile for Leonard.

Next post last night's show

Thank You! Hope you had a good time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

I know that they insist that they don't plan things out, I would hazard a guess that the creators, producers, writers and cast all have wish lists for how things are going to pan out end as they approach the end.

There's a lot of Season 12 left to go,  They want to continue to keep eyes on the screen and they want to nail down their legacy.

I'm curious to see where they take things from here.

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, genecollie said:

Last night's eposide was called The Tam Turbulence.  Also Wyatt was the one "not good with it"

Thank you for these additional details!

2 minutes ago, genecollie said:

Tam was played by Robert Wu and Anu by Rati Gupta

And these, too!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, genecollie said:

Last night's eposide was called The Tam Turbulence.  Also Wyatt was the one "not good with it"

Tam was played by Robert Wu and Anu by Rati Gupta

Source IMDB

MV5BNTgwNjQ1NDUyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIzNjk4MjE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMjI3NjQ5MDIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTUxNTY1MTE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, April said:

Quick reminder: How many times have they talked about kids and what exactly did Penny say? Cause most I remember was something along the lines of "sure but maybe later". The thing is, women putting off having kids over and over again like that can be a sign of being uncertain or not even wanting them deep down and being unable to admit it. So I don't think it's completely unbelievable that she comes to this conclusion (maybe also she has a weak moment because of the quiz or something?).

I do agree on Leonard though. He already picked names and everything so that's weird. But then again there's the suggestion he's not completely okay after the talk with Penny's dad? But I guess we'd need to see how that plays out.

I'm pretty certain that Lenny may end up with a sort of mishap and get pregnant anyway and the writers may think that this is more in character for Lenny because of course they do. I just hope it's not too messy in the end. (Penny really really not wanting a baby and remaining more or less against it would be awful in terms of storytelling. ugh)

I feel that Leonard has always wanted kids. I also can't think of one time when Penny was completly excited about having kids. I feel she has always been luke warm about the idea. You never know though, perhaps her dad can convince her otherwise. I think with Lenny it should be an unplanned pregnancy if the writers have her get pregnant. It goes with Penny's laid back, carefree personality. I also agree they shouldn't have her have kids just to please Leonard. Not all couples have kids and that is ok. If the writers go that route I see it fitting for Penny's character. It might be nice to see that version of a happily ever after...

Edited by Sah
  • Like 5

It seems to me having children doesn’t fit Bernadette and Amy’s personality more than Penny’s

2 hours ago, bfm said:

My only hope is that it turns out this whole ..something.. is out of fear they/she won't be good enough, maybe because of this test. Something like that did happen before ("The First Pitch Insufficiency"). Her not wanting kids did not happen. 

What does the batmobile have to do with that?

Bat mobile is something Leonard wanted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me having children doesn’t fit Bernadette and Amy’s personality more than Penny’s

Bat mobile is something Leonard wanted.

Yeah, it's the second place prize, instead of kids.  

22 minutes ago, Sah said:

It goes with Penny's laid back, carefree personality.      I think with Lenny it should be an unplanned pregnancy if the writers have her get pregnant.

Laid back carefree personality?   You don't become one of your company's best salespersons by having a laid back, carefree personality.  

22 minutes ago, Sah said:

I think with Lenny it should be an unplanned pregnancy if the writers have her get pregnant.

So, you think they should force a pregnancy on someone who doesn't want one?   And I don't quite get this.  If they don't want kids, they would be taking action to prevent that.  If they aren't taking action to prevent having kids, that tells me they want to have kids.  In which case their actions don't align with what they say they want.  Which is it?    

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, it's the second place prize, instead of kids.  

Did you really think Penny was going to say let’s have kids in the third episode?

Thinking about it I think the Raj/Anu situation isn't his end game, seems to be happening way too fast. Yeah I know we are dealing with an arranged marriage here so it might be a bit different.  I wonder if Howard and Bernadette's reservations about the arrangement might be significant later on in the season?

• Like 5