[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Did you really think Penny was going to say let’s have kids in the third episode?

Actually, yes, this being the last season.  I didn't expect her to be pregnant in the third episode, but them talking about it, with a possible pregnancy arc, was very possible.  But I should have known better with these producers, as that would require them to actual write something for Lenny.   Now, it feels like a repeat of their season 8 engagement.  Mention someone about it early , then ignore it for the rest of the year.  Put them behind the island and voilà,  you have a Lenny season.  

• Like 6

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, it's the second place prize, instead of kids.  

Laid back carefree personality?   You don't become one of your company's best salespersons by having a laid back, carefree personality.  

So, you think they should force a pregnancy on someone who doesn't want one?   And I don't quite get this.  If they don't want kids, they would be taking action to prevent that.  If they aren't taking action to prevent having kids, that tells me they want to have kids.  In which case their actions don't align with what they say they want.  Which is it?    

let me clarify my thoughts. If the writers do have her get pregnant I think it should be by accident. Remember prevention methods are not 100% effective. If she accidentally gets pregnant she could find she is actually excited about it. If writers choose her to have an accidental pregnany/baby this fits with the spontaneous relationship that Lenny have. If writers choose for Penny to not want or have kids I see this as being in character for her as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sah said:

let me clarify my thoughts. If the writers do have her get pregnant I think it should be by accident. Remember prevention methods are not 100% effective. 

Again, you are having someone who doesn't want kids, to have kids.   I'm well aware that methods are not 100%, but going for years with it being effective (they've been back together, and sexual active for six years remember), then all of a sudden it doesn't work reeks of bad writing.

1 minute ago, Sah said:

If she accidentally gets pregnant she could find she is actually excited about it.

So, just because she discovers she's pregnant, she now wants the kid?   Again, I've found that couples that don't want kids, do whatever they can to prevent having kids.  

1 minute ago, Sah said:

If writers choose her to have an accidental pregnany/baby this fits with the spontaneous relationship that Lenny have. 

If their relationship was so spontaneous, shouldn't Penny have gotten pregnant before this?   I mean, if she hasn't gotten pregnant before this, they were planning to prevent having kids, how spontaneous is that?  

1 minute ago, Sah said:

If writers choose for Penny to not want or have kids I see this as being in character for her as well.  

And her comments about having them someday doesn't count?     Also, Leonard suddenly not wanting to have them seems way out of character.  

• Like 5

Just now, Tensor said:

Again, you are having someone who doesn't want kids, to have kids.   I'm well aware that methods are not 100%, but going for years with it being effective (they've been back together, and sexual active for six years remember), then all of a sudden it doesn't work reeks of bad writing.

So, just because she discovers she's pregnant, she now wants the kid?   Again, I've found that couples that don't want kids, do whatever they can to prevent having kids.  

If their relationship was so spontaneous, shouldn't Penny have gotten pregnant before this?   I mean, if she hasn't gotten pregnant before this, they were planning to prevent having kids, how spontaneous is that?  

And her comments about having them someday doesn't count?     Also, Leonard suddenly not wanting to have them seems way out of character.  

I agree with the Leonard part. That would be OOC for him as he has always wanted kids. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Also, Leonard suddenly not wanting to have them seems way out of character. 

To quote Sheldon (to Leonard) from the pilot: "You're not done with her, are you?"

I didn't get the impression that Leonard doesn't want kids. I think he secretly wants Penny to reconsider, and I could see him trying to convince her that she would be a good mother throughout the season. I think the Batmobile was just fun escapism for the two of them, and was clearly a gesture that Leonard appreciated. Does it replace having kids? No. It briefly deterred Leonard's focus, while Penny gained some more time. I truly believe that this is just the first story in the grand scheme of things. Of course, I have no proof... It's just a gut feeling.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I truly believe that this is just the first story in the grand scheme of things. Of course, I have no proof... It's just a gut feeling.

Oh, I get the gut feeling, it's just mine is that this is going to be a repeat of the season 8 engagement.  Claim to be nervous or not wanting to have them, then nothing for the rest of the season, and suddenly, miraculously they change their mind and she gets pregnant at the end of the year.  No thanks, there's a reason Lenny's use the term Season Hate.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, genecollie said:

Last scene Penny rents the Batmobile for Leonard.

Real people get to have kids. Leonard gets a ride in the Batmobile.  😅

Makes sense to me.

Actually Penny and Leonard could circle around the question most of the season. It is the biggest of commitments after all.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tensor said:

All the way, Amen 🙏 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bfm said:

But I have no words to describe how truly upset I am now for what the writers are doing with Lenny. My terrible prediction was true. I can't believe it. I so so hope they change that later. This is just unbelievable. They had Penny say various time that she wanted kids, and there wasn't doubt there. So suddenly she doesn't?!?! And Leonard so quickly accepts this?!?! I just... I just can't, I really don't know what to write. Right now my desire to watch the season sank down.

I am okay with it if they don't. I really don't want to see any more babies from anyone. I don't need them. If they change their minds so be it, but I'm not goingn to let it affect how I see the last season.

4 hours ago, April said:

Quick reminder: How many times have they talked about kids and what exactly did Penny say? Cause most I remember was something along the lines of "sure but maybe later". The thing is, women putting off having kids over and over again like that can be a sign of being uncertain or not even wanting them deep down and being unable to admit it. So I don't think it's completely unbelievable that she comes to this conclusion (maybe also she has a weak moment because of the quiz or something?).

Yes, and she wanted more money and to be thinner. Can you ever have enough money or be too thin? And if they have them with these writers in charge there will be a ton of jokes about her getting fat and not being able to drink and who needs that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sah said:

If she accidentally gets pregnant she could find she is actually excited about it. 

If anything along these lines is to happen, I'd prefer her getting some results that say she is highly unlikely to get pregnant, be devastated about that, then some time later find out she's pregnant. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Thinking about it I think the Raj/Anu situation isn't his end game, seems to be happening way too fast. Yeah I know we are dealing with an arranged marriage here so it might be a bit different.  I wonder if Howard and Bernadette's reservations about the arrangement might be significant later on in the season?

I think everyone expects the arranged marriage to be a disaster, but that's not necessary the case all the time. They might have a lot in common and be very happy. who knows?

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jonny said:
4 hours ago, bfm said:

And from what I understand the one who is said to not be okay with it is Wyatt.

I had fears they might do a story like that when it was announced he was turning up, not a fan of that kind of story and putting pressure on his daughter.  But it's very cliche, happens a lot in real life 'When are you going to give me some grandkids?'

Wyatt has at least one grandson already and possibly even great-grandchildren by now. Is there something so unsatisfactory about him/them that he thinks Leonard is going to provide him with better ones via Penny ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think everyone expects the arranged marriage to be a disaster, but that's not necessary the case all the time. They might have a lot in common and be very happy. who knows?

Raj needs a win.  It seems like the writers might be going with the concept that the most unlikely way he would find love was a traditional Indian way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Wyatt has at least one grandson already and possibly even great-grandchildren by now. Is there something so unsatisfactory about him/them that he thinks Leonard is going to provide him with better ones via Penny ? 

Yes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Really? Can you explain that 

Back in the episode where Lenny are pretending to be a couple for het father (season 4)  Wyatt makes a comment about Leonard is the best hope for someone in the family not living on wheels 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Oh, I get the gut feeling, it's just mine is that this is going to be a repeat of the season 8 engagement.  Claim to be nervous or not wanting to have them, then nothing for the rest of the season, and suddenly, miraculously they change their mind and she gets pregnant at the end of the year.  No thanks, there's a reason Lenny's use the term Season Hate.  

Is this the first time Leonard has through out the series compromised on something to keep Penny happy? No so I Don't see how this is any different. Of course TR translate on TV Differently. So I well wait till I Watch it. I think alot of this is speculation. Whats the problem? Even if Penny said I Want kids in the 3rd episode. Won't happen till series Final. With 20 episodes. I Can easily see them both committing eventually. Even if that means Penny changing her mind. Or do you want the show to end with them not having kids? Leonard has always been the most committed one in the relationship. So I Don't see how this is a shock. And just because they have sex frequently. And they have not got pregnant. Does not mean they are not Spontaneous. Their First Date, first time the slept together, heck their marrige. Were all spur of the moment decisions. At this stage Penny doesent want Kids. And Leonards compromising. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Among the Hindu and Sikh families I know, the 'arranged marriages' tend to be as successful or even more so than the rest. First of all, it's arranged introductions really and the pair know from the beginning why they've been introduced. It's a lot more formalised and 'official' than when friends set one another up like Howard and Bernadette, Leonard and Joy. They go out on dates during which there's no pussyfooting around and pretending they're only going out for fun. Some of the young people go through the introduction stage with quite a few prospective partners before a couple hits it off.  However, I have known those who've clicked from the outset to get married after the statutory four weeks. Families who know their children well can be very good at picking. Personally, I wouldn't have trusted my father to  change my library book. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I disagree. This episode makes it IMO so obvious they will have kids.

Yes  I think you are right.  Being that this topic was inserted so early in the season I think an unexpected pregnancy is in the cards.....I hope so anyway. For them not to have Penny get pregnant will be such a disservice for Lenny fans.

4 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Yes  I think you are right.  Being that this topic was inserted so early in the season I think an unexpected pregnancy is in the cards.....I hope so anyway. For them not to have Penny get pregnant will be such a disservice for Lenny fans.

I don't want an unplanned pregnancy.  I want this to be Penny's decision...a change of heart.  Something she wants for her and Leonard.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

It’s the season tease. Will they, won’t they. And if it’s a surprise baby then at least we know they haven’t gone through through  drudgery of sex on a fixed schedule. Which sounds nice but I *cough* understand can get to be hard work. 

I’d say it’s still likely - at the end. Or in s13. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Is this the first time Leonard has through out the series compromised on something to keep Penny happy? No so I Don't see how this is any different. 

He compromised to get something he wanted, namely Penny.  The difference is this time he's giving up something he wants.  

Whats the problem? Even if Penny said I Want kids in the 3rd episode. Won't happen till series Final. With 20 episodes. 

The problem is I could live with that.  But this appears to shut down that possibility

I Can easily see them both committing eventually. Even if that means Penny changing her mind. 

Eventually, you mean around season 13 or 14?

Or do you want the show to end with them not having kids? 

No, I don't, and I don't want to go through a whole season, ignoring this to have it pop up in the last episode.  

Leonard has always been the most committed one in the relationship. So I Don't see how this is a shock.

Committed?  You mean like how he committed to kissing the woman on the North Sea?  One thing he has been committed to, since the first episode, was having kids.  

And just because they have sex frequently. And they have not got pregnant. Does not mean they are not Spontaneous. Their First Date, first time the slept together, heck their marrige. Were all spur of the moment decisions.

To prevent becoming pregnant requires planning.  You don't make a spur of the moment decision ,  on a continuing basis,  to prevent pregnancy.  That's one of those planning ahead, not spontaneous things. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mario D. said:

Do you really believe this or is it speculation?

It was an answer to the other poster referencing episode three, saying Leonard and Penny decided not to have a child.  They didn't decide, the writers decided that.  As for the future, I can't tell, but my gut is that if it happens, it will be in the last episode, and much like the engagement in season eight, nothing more will be said until then.  

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic