The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

53 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I agree  After re-reading the TR, it was said that Penny THINKS she might not want children after taking the test.  I believe this is open to interpretation and she will re-think her statement maybe after hearing that her dad is not ok with it.  JMO

I concur with your assessment!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I agree  After re-reading the TR, it was said that Penny THINKS she might not want children after taking the test.  I believe this is open to interpretation and she will re-think her statement maybe after hearing that her dad is not ok with it.  JMO

Would be happy to see a scene like that. And after re-evaluation she decides that she does want children and her and Leonard embark on an arc to get pregnant. I know this seems unlikely but this is the last season and hell they did have Shamy go through a whole season of wedding planning!

Totally agree and great analysis

thatsit.gif.4f6e3c7c6a951785a59761364ba862e7.gif

I guess. 😉

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Would be happy to see a scene like that. And after re-evaluation she decides that she does want children and her and Leonard embark on an arc to get pregnant. I know this seems unlikely but this is the last season and hell they did have Shamy go through a whole season of wedding planning!

I highly doubt that this will really happen, to be honest.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swedish Chef said:

We can only hope that TPTB get their heads out of their butts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

We can only hope that TPTB get their heads out of their butts!

Yes, but at the moment it seems like season 12 will be all about Shamy.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I wouldn't like her to have children just because her dad wants her to. 

If her doubts are coming out of some fear of not being good enough that would be IC and true to life, there are people that go through that.

• Like 4

On 9/20/2018 at 9:07 AM, bfm said:

I think they got themselves into a lose-lose situation. That is why I really don't like this, even if they have her change her mind.

If they stick with it - they upset many fans. For me it will be "the killing of The Mother".

If they have her change her mind - they will probably, and justifiably IMO, get criticism from people who don't want kids for misrepresentation. That would mean the show had two women think they don't want kids amd then regret it, contributing to the belief many of those people are told and are justifiably annoyed with, that they will change their minds eventually.

Not a smart move, not at all.

It could be a temporary, one-episode,cold feet phenomenon when Penny thinks about  what sort of mother she'd be, perhaps after taking a test. After  that sort of wobble she could go back to her 'some day' stance. That way no camp will be in a position to criticise.

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

It could be a temporary, one-episode,cold feet phenomenon when Penny thinks about  what sort of mother she'd be, perhaps after taking a test. After  that sort of wobble she could go back to her 'some day' stance. That way no cap will be in a position to criticise.

After the quick and simple change with Bernadette I think they will get at least some criticism for doing another change of mind. But they don't seem to care about these things too much.

19 minutes ago, Babar said:

Not sure if it was posted (maybe I missed the TR?) but episode 12.03 is titled "The Procreation Calculation".

Then I hope there will be one called "The Procreation Recalculation" LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Yes, but at the moment it seems like season 12 will be all about Shamy.

Are you surprised? I'm not!

15 minutes ago, bfm said:

After the quick and simple change with Bernadette I think they will get at least some criticism for doing another change of mind. But they don't seem to care about these things too much.

Then I hope there will be one called "The Procreation Recalculation" LOL

NICE!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chucky said:

Are you surprised? I'm not!

No, but little disappointed as it is the final season, it would have been nice if we got a more balanced show in the last season.

• Like 3

Just now, Swedish Chef said:

No, but little disappointed as it is the final season, it would have been nice if we got a more balanced show in the last season.

I agree, but I have seen the work of these writers the last couple of years. I've come to expect pro Shamy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

If her doubts are coming out of some fear of not being good enough that would be IC and true to life, there are people that go through that.

No  I would not want her to have children if she was dead set against it but what she said could have been spur of the moment. We don't know what preceded this statement and maybe because I am a grandparent I am leaning  towards a pregnancy...no matter how or when it happens.

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I agree. If they have kids, it should be a joint decision between Penny and Leonard. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Babar said:

PENNY AND LEONARD’S MARRIAGE IS PUT TO THE TEST, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, OCT. 4

Keith Carradine Returns as Penny’s Father, Wyatt

“The Procreation Calculation” – The Wolowitzes’ life gets complicated when Stuart starts bringing his new girlfriend home. Also, Penny and Leonard talk about starting a family while Koothrappali explores an arranged marriage, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 4 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine returns as Penny’s father, Wyatt.

Can't remember the last time an episode description didn't have the word Sheldon in it

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Can't remember the last time an episode description didn't have the word Sheldon in it

Yeah Sheldon or shamy is usually always listed there!

13 hours ago, bfm said:

They could have continued with it to the next episode/s.

But i have no confidence they will.

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Has there ever been one? Sheldon has been a major part of the show from day one.

9 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I don't either and if it doesn't, I am fine with it. I don't want any more pregnancy stories and it's not a big deal to me if no one else goes through one. I couldn't care less. I just want some some funny eps...about science or nerdy stuff (Love that they worked in the batmobile) and I want to see what happens with Raj and Stuart/Denise. at the comic book store

6 hours ago, Mario D. said:

We don't know what preceded this statement and maybe because I am a grandparent I am leaning  towards a pregnancy...no matter how or when it happens.

I love my grandkids but it's none of my business when my kids have kids. My mother in law was one of horrific "when are you going to get pregnant" people and I resented it highly. Especially since she was going through chemo and used to tell us if we didn't get pregnant she would have nothing to live for. It was an awful to listen to every time we went to see her.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

17 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But i have no confidence they will.

Has there ever been one? Sheldon has been a major part of the show from day one.

I don't either and if it doesn't, I am fine with it. I don't want any more pregnancy stories and it's not a big deal to me if no one else goes through one. I couldn't care less. I just some some funny eps...about science or nerdy stuff (Love that they worked in the batmobile) and I want to see what happens with Raj and Stuart/Denise. at the comic book store

I love my grandkids but it's none of my business when my kids have kids. My mother in law was one of horrific "when are you going to get pregnant" people and I resented it highly. Especially since she was going through chemo and used to tell us if we didn't get pregnant she would have nothing to live for. It was an awful to listen to every time we went to see her.

I can understand yr position but I meant it as it would be nice to see unfold and to come full circle to the pilot episode.  Not that any parents or in-laws should push pregnancy on a couple. And I also know this first hand as my wife and I didn't have children for seven years after we were married.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

What it comes down to is if the Hofstader Prophecy (S1E1) is what Lorre & Prady have always had in mind, it will happen. They will have kids.

Whether Penny wants them is irrelevant. She will love them, because this is a feel-good sitcom (not TaaHM). She might have to babysit the Wolowitz kids or her sister's kid(s). It may turn her. Or her biological clock might start ringing. Anything can turn her to the kid-side. Or a pregnancy scare that when she finds out she's not pregnant, she is disappointed. It happens.

Just an FYI: I wrote my comment (above) before I saw this.

Oh well!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lam156 said:

STAND BY TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT 3 TAPINGS!

Wish I could go, kinda stuck here in nice Pensacola, FL.

• Like 1