[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

On 9/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, Mario D. said:

Maybe Kaley will reveal something in her appearance on The Talk........but probably unlikely

Just saw the view. Talked about that episode. She liked that scene. JMO it won’t be taken as positive because she mentioned something like Penny’s career may be more important than kids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Just saw the view. Talked about that episode. She liked that scene. JMO it won’t be taken as positive because she mentioned something like Penny’s career may be more important than kids.

You mean "The Talk" 

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Hopefully someone can go and report what happened to those of us who can't go!

Hoping a couple people go to the Final Episode Taping and report back here.  I don't care if I get 'spoiled". It doesn't ruin it for me. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Hoping a couple people go to the Final Episode Taping and report back here.  I don't care if I get 'spoiled". It doesn't ruin it for me. 

Yeah, doesn't ruin it for me either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Great. An omen. Kaley promoting the idea of Penny not having kids is definitely not a good sign IMO. 

And since when does Penny care all that much about her career? They try turning Lenny into Howardette for some reason.

I hope they get major backlash over this

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

But the Penny story has not been interesting in awhile. The way the question was asked sort of led to IMO her answer. If they asked her many fans want to see Leonard and Penny to have kids by the end her answer may have been different

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I just saw "The Talk" show myself and yes it did not sound like she was sad about the episode.  Here is what she said "We did an episode recently that I'm excited for it to air. It's about Penny and Leonard tackling the future of wanting children or not, it was interesting her take and her wanting to work, and it wasn't kind of in the cards for her and it's an interesting conversation to have so I'm glad we got to make that episode"

While this does not sound like she was happy about this declaration, it was more like it was a different type of view than the usual  husband/wife talks.  I think being that this was only the third episode I think it left open for some additional conversations for their future.

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But the Penny story has not been interesting in awhile. The way the question was asked sort of led to IMO her answer. If they asked her many fans want to see Leonard and Penny to have kids by the end her answer may have been different

That is the way I took it as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It's not going to bother everyone. It certainly doesn't bother me in the slightest,. I hope whatever they do with Penny's job is something interesting and awesome.

Not everyone, but many may be upset if they don't have kids. I didn't make a survey so I can't make any certain claims.

11 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I just saw "The Talk" show myself and yes it did not sound like she was sad about the episode.  Here is what she said "We did an episode recently that I'm excited for it to air. It's about Penny and Leonard tackling the future of wanting children or not, it was interesting her take and her wanting to work, and it wasn't kind of in the cards for her and it's an interesting conversation to have so I'm glad we got to make that episode"

While this does not sound like she was happy about this declaration, it was more like it was a different type of view than the usual  husband/wife talks.  I think being that this was only the third episode I think it left open for some additional conversations for their future.

That is the way I took it as well.

That's more balanced and cautious. Thanks for the info, although it is still slightly promoting this idea of them not having kids.

We'll see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

Not everyone, but many may be upset if they don't have kids. I didn't make a survey so I can't make any certain claims.

That's more balanced and cautious. Thanks for the info, although it is still slightly promoting this idea of them not having kids.

We'll see.

Yes  we will have to see the episode and how it plays out.  But like Chrismo commented it sounded more like Kaley's view on women in the business field. Don't forget she has her own production company and she has stated that it will be leaning toward women centric stories

• Like 1

I am afraid they are going to be done with the topic but if they are not I think it would take a scenario where Leonard agrees to sacrifice some of his career ambitions.  Unfortunately the fact that H&B already discussed it makes it less likely.

38 minutes ago, bfm said:

We'll see.

I understand the disappointment about hoped-for outcomes. I wanted to Leonard to run away from Sheldon once Penny confessed her love. They crushed, trampled, minced, folded, mutilated and spindled that hope long ago, when they both suffered Sheldon as a third wheel for way too long. I found that to be incomprehensible, ridiculous, oppression-tolerant and totally manufactured behaviour. Like, what newlywed couple would hang around with Sheldon all the frakking time, given other options? That they did is one of those necessary story assumptions, like that Allen not being kicked to the curb in Two and a Half Men. Belief strainedly suspended to keep the show going.

However, I do get that having kids is a choice for women in c21. 

That said, the childlessness is another example of the show potentially crushing, trampling, mincing, folding, mutilating and spindling  another hope.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1

13 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I understand the disappointment about hoped-for outcomes. I wanted to Leonard to run away from Sheldon once Penny confessed her love. They crushed, trampled, minced, folded, mutilated and spindled that hope long ago, when they both suffered Sheldon as a third wheel for way too long. I found that to be incomprehensible, ridiculous, oppression-tolerant and totally manufactured behaviour. Like, what newlywed couple would hang around with Sheldon all the frakking time, given other options? That they did is one of those necessary story assumptions, like that Allen not being kicked to the curb in Two and a Half Men. Belief strainedly suspended to keep the show going.

That said, the childlessness is another example of the show potentially crushing, trampling, mincing, folding, mutilating and spindling  another hope.

Your assessment is spot on perfect!

57 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I don’t think Kaley has any say on what happens on the show. I think the last few seasons is proof of that. I think her answers as I said before were PC for the show she was on. I remember how she went on and on how she used to cook for Ryan and women got offended. 

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I don’t think Kaley has any say on what happens on the show. I think the last few seasons is proof of that. I think her answers as I said before were PC for the show she was on. I remember how she went on and on how she used to cook for Ryan and women got offended. 

Bingo!

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic