[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Why is this show, well why are fans so obsessed with kids all of a sudden. If they have kids great. IF not. I Don't think it is going to ruin their relationship. It was never dependent on having a family. I would love them to homage "Our babies well be smart and beautiful"" too. But its going to ruin everything either way. 

And in the past Kaley has not shyed away from being againgst working with kids on set. So I Don't see how her not promoting Lenny NOT having kids. Means anything. As said Kaley, nor any of the actors have any bearing on Story Developments. In any case, I hope this Pregnancy Plot Line is resolved pretty early on. Its already tedious. ee

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Why is this show, well why are fans so obsessed with kids all of a sudden. If they have kids great. IF not. I Don't think it is going to ruin their relationship. It was never dependent on having a family. I would love them to homage "Our babies well be smart and beautiful"" too. But its going to ruin everything either way. 

And in the past Kaley has not shyed away from being againgst working with kids on set. So I Don't see how her not promoting Lenny NOT having kids. Means anything. As said Kaley, nor any of the actors have any bearing on Story Developments. In any case, I hope this Pregnancy Plot Line is resolved pretty early on. Its already tedious. ee

I know this pregnancy topic has been hacked, spliced and analyzed to death since the TR was issued.  Yes, Kaley did say she does not enjoy working with kids but she also said if they kept the baby off camera like the Wolowitz child she would be ok with it.  Also, after watching her on The Talk show it did seem like she was promoting more a women's rights than her characters position. But I am willing to hold any other comments until this episode is aired and then as BFM pointed out see if there is any backlash from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I understand the disappointment about hoped-for outcomes. I wanted to Leonard to run away from Sheldon once Penny confessed her love. They crushed, trampled, minced, folded, mutilated and spindled that hope long ago, when they both suffered Sheldon as a third wheel for way too long. I found that to be incomprehensible, ridiculous, oppression-tolerant and totally manufactured behaviour. Like, what newlywed couple would hang around with Sheldon all the frakking time, given other options? That they did is one of those necessary story assumptions, like that Allen not being kicked to the curb in Two and a Half Men. Belief strainedly suspended to keep the show going.

However, I do get that having kids is a choice for women in c21. 

That said, the childlessness is another example of the show potentially crushing, trampling, mincing, folding, mutilating and spindling  another hope.

Yes  How true.  I am with you as I could not understand the ridiculousness that we had to endure for over a year of P&L  living with Sheldon!!  I just could not fathom how the writers thought that a married couple would live with an adult man who cannot take care of himself is a humorous situation.  They could have written just as many funny stories with P&L living across the hall in 4B. That said I sincerely hope they do not denigrate this show at the end with asinine plots like that. I truly hope they go out with solid, emotional stories and resolutions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Why is this show, well why are fans so obsessed with kids all of a sudden. If they have kids great. IF not. I Don't think it is going to ruin their relationship. It was never dependent on having a family.

Amen. 🙏😊

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

10 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Why were fans obsessed with the Shamy coitus?

10 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

They are happy that they finally became somewhat of a real couple. 

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Don't have to be kids on set. We haven't seen Halley or Michael!

9 minutes ago, chucky said:

They are happy that they finally became somewhat of a real couple. 

But if they never had coitus would that made them less than a real couple? Would fans had been okay if they had never had coitus?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Because it's not "canon. It was a slowly developed end result.  It was somewhat unexpected and people want to see where it goes.

There is an expectation for the "smart and beautiful babies" comment from 1X1.

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Because it's not "canon. It was a slowly developed end result.  It was somewhat unexpected and people want to see where it goes.

There is an expectation for the "smart and beautiful babies" comment from 1X1.

But since Shamy coitus was somewhat unexpected  fans would of been okay if it never happened?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But since Shamy coitus was somewhat unexpected  fans would of been okay if it never happened?

i can't speak for the fans, I can only speak for myself. I am happy for the progression in their relationship as slow as it was. But again, it was not canon. Their were no expectations with regard to Sheldon.

There are expectations with regard to Lenny that were there from day one.

Edited by vonmar
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I don’t think Kaley has any say on what happens on the show. I think the last few seasons is proof of that. I think her answers as I said before were PC for the show she was on. I remember how she went on and on how she used to cook for Ryan and women got offended. 

She doesn't have a say, but if they let her (ask her?) to promote Lenny not having kids too much I doubt they consider changing that.

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I have no doubts they will have them end up happy. My problem is it doesn't fit the characters I saw on screen for years. As @Itwasdestined said, the most caring characters (or words to that effect) who have been Sheldon's pseudo-parents for years. And it's not the not fulfilling the "smart and beautiful" prophecy that actually bugs me, personally, but the fullfillment of Sheldon's "imaginary". That's another HUGE HUGE win for Sheldon over Leonard (who we also know WILL have kids, what Leonard dreamed of) and it rubs me the VERY wrong way.

When the rules of a show are that your preferred character has to compromise all the time; is frequently disrespected and rarely gets any gratitude he deserves; and rarely gets a win (all the while, mind you, another one, who was a major source of your preferred one's troubles, gets almost everything he ever wanted), then it becomes very hard to enjoy said show.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, bfm said:

She doesn't have a say, but if they let her (ask her?) to promote Lenny not having kids too much I doubt they consider changing that.

I have no doubts they will have them end up happy. My problem is it doesn't fit the characters I saw on screen for years. As @Itwasdestined said, the most caring characters (or words to that effect) who have been Sheldon's pseudo-parents for years. And it's not the not fulfilling the "smart and beautiful" prophecy that actually bugs me, personally, but the fullfillment of Sheldon's "imaginary". That's another HUGE HUGE win for Sheldon over Leonard (who we also know WILL have kids, what Leonard dreamed of) and it rubs me the VERY wrong way.

I can understand that. However, I don't attribute any deeper consideration to Sheldon's remark. That was in the very first episode where it wasn't yet clear what oversized significance Sheldon's character would have in the later series.

30 minutes ago, bfm said:

When the rules of a show are that your preferred character has to compromise all the time; is frequently disrespected and rarely gets any gratitude he deserves; and rarely gets a win, then it becomes very hard to enjoy said show.

Exactly!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, veejay said:

However, I don't attribute any deeper consideration to Sheldon's remark. That was in the very first episode where it wasn't yet clear what oversized significance Sheldon's character would have in the later series.

But the fulfilling of his famous predictions happens now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

But the fulfilling of his famous predictions happens now.

Hm, I don't see it that way. Leonard's statement about the s & b babies seems more credible to me, because the chemistry between him and Penny was already recognizable to me at that time.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, vonmar said:

The honeymooners look so happy and in love! Marriage looks great on both of them. Lego breakfast in bed. At Legoland. So flipping adorable!

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Run to India 1

10 hours ago, veejay said:

Hm, I don't see it that way. Leonard's statement about the s & b babies seems more credible to me, because the chemistry between him and Penny was already recognizable to me at that time.

I didn't see chemistry right off the bat. I saw Leonard was smitten from the word go but I didn't get that vibe from Penny until a few episodes in...he was not her style. She had to get to know him before she had any interest. I know this won't be a popular thing to wtite with Lenny fans but I am ok with it. It is how I see it...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sah said:

I didn't see chemistry right off the bat. I saw Leonard was smitten from the word go but I didn't get that vibe from Penny until a few episodes in...he was not her style. She had to get to know him before she had any interest. I know this won't be a popular thing to wtite with Lenny fans but I am ok with it. It is how I see it...

I saw hints from the very beginning. In 01×05 it became more on the surface, but this was very early as well. It is subjective.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Sah said:

Maybe, but I knew from the get go it was meant to be.:kissing:

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Sah said:

I kind of ( aw, never mind—-strongly) disagree. There was a spark right away in 1.1. She was anxious to know if the white board was Leonard’s. Her comfort with him was such that she asked him to retrieve her television set from Kurt. Perhaps a bit manipulative on her part, but I think it was the spark. I know many will disagree with me, but that spark caught me from the start and made me a fan from day 1.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I kind of ( aw, never mind—-strongly) disagree. There was a spark right away in 1.1. She was anxious to know if the white board was Leonard’s. Her comfort with him was such that she asked him to retrieve her television set from Kurt. Perhaps a bit manipulative on her part, but I think it was the spark. I know many will disagree with me, but that spark caught me from the start and made me a fan from day 1.

I agree. there was chemistry right from the start. Maybe it wasn't sexual chemistry but non sexual chemistry was there.  Penny not being smitten right away was just how it was written and doesn't have anything to do with "not having chemistry right away"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sah said:

I didn't see chemistry right off the bat.

Neither did I. I saw a stereotypical nerd blown away from a stereotypical bleached blond with big boobs. It was one of the things I did not like about the show. I quit watching for a few eps then had to play catch up.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

There were subtle things before (and of course after) 01×05, like how close she was standing next to him (strange with someone she just met), looks she gave him, touches, asking mostly about him and talking mostly to him...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sah said:

I know this won't be a popular thing to wtite with Lenny fans but I am ok with it. It is how I see it...

If it's how you see it, that's fine.   Pretty much how I didn't see any chemistry between Sheldon and Amy.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Neither did I. I saw a stereotypical nerd blown away from a stereotypical bleached blond with big boobs. It was one of the things I did not like about the show. I quit watching for a few eps then had to play catch up.

Funny I stopped watching early part of season 4.  Even 8 years later Penny has more chemistry with Sheldon than Amy. As far as Lenny I think Hamburger Postulate was the obvious moment. Penny’s jealousy of Leslie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Run to India 1

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Funny I stopped watching early part of season 4.  Even 8 years later Penny has more chemistry with Sheldon than Amy. As far as Lenny I think Hamburger Postulate was the obvious moment. Penny’s jealousy of Leslie

So onvious. Also very early. Episode 1.5. Those feelings of attraction don’t happen ivernight. The seed was planted at “hi”.

• Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic