[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

17 hours ago, Mario D. said:

babysits the Wolowitz children a

She already did this and Howard and Bernadette did not trust her which led her to believe she would be a bad mother.

please get your facts straight 💫

• Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

14 hours ago, bfm said:

No one said they wanted this. I said repeatedly that it would be terrible if she had kids in spite of not wanting them. My problem is that they had her not wanting kids in the first place. Let's just give Lenny plots that don't fit their characters and history, go against previous stuff, and keep them sidelined and Sheldon being right all the time and achieving all of Leonard's dreams. Hurray.

I think the most likely at this point would be something with Howardette. With Lenny at this point they refuse to give them stories that can lead somewhere (and I'm not talking just the no kids thing) and I kind of have a feeling Holland might have been talking at least in part about Johnny when he said he doesn't know if the actors would like to keep playing the characters. It reminded me of an interview with Johnny before the last renewal when he said he has it in him to play Leonard for a bit more.

I admire your optimism, I truly do. The latest interviews and previous experience make it hard for me to believe that.

I think the most likely spin-off (if there is one) is with Sheldon’s Texas relatives in order to help Young Sheldon - perhaps bringing in some of the current cast.   

11 minutes ago, Burberry said:

She already did this and Howard and Bernadette did not trust her which led her to believe she would be a bad mother.

As usual I disagree with most of your "facts". But keep em coming. 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

22 minutes ago, Burberry said:

But she was the only one that could get the baby to stop crying in 11.6. Matter of fact hailey’s first word was mama and it was to Penny

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But she was the only one that could get the baby to stop crying in 11.6. Matter of fact hailey’s first word was mama and it was to Penny

It does not matter they still did not trust her

12 minutes ago, chucky said:

As usual I disagree with most of your "facts". But keep em coming. 

Not the point 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 2

Hahahahahahaha!!! This is so funny!!! Nope the Wolowitz parents (and the rest of the group) did not trust Penny to watch Halley. Of  course Mrs. Hofstadter proved herself more than capable and was rewarded by a greeting of endearment from her charge. This was yet another time-tested sit-com classic. Fear of the ditzy blonde neighbor/friend nit being able to watch the child in a responsible and safe manner? Check!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Yeah Howardette not trusting the Ditzy Blonde too look after their kid. Is just a tried and tested Sitcom Trope. Of course Penny prooved herself. So not seeing the relevance here. I think she prooved she would be a great mom. Of course if LP have kids, it well be by the penultimate episode. I see it as an accidental pregnancy. Forcing them to both confront the issue. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Burberry said:

First off, it was a suggestion on what could happen and secondly I don't recall her thinking she would be a bad mother. Yes, Howardette had their doubts about her caretaking but I thought she did ok in the end.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 8:33 AM, 3ku11 said:

Everybody Loves Sheldon 

Close, but how about, " Many people respond positively or negatively to Sheldon but either way are activated and will watch". Catchy, huh? This is why I was never a copywriter. heheh.

Jeez, I see he even got a honeymoon and a post-wedding plot. Favourite child status, right there.

(he fumbles for his de-activation switch... "it must be round the back, somewhere", he sighs)

edit. 

I found it. Just reach back, feel down, across, then push hard, like th

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, genecollie said:

When I wrote the taping report for the episode about Lenny pregnancy, I forgot how it started. Howard and Bernadette told Leonard and Penny that the house next door to them was for sale and asked if they wanted to buy it.  Also something about their kids playing together. They said they didn't want to move now.  Amy asked why they didn't ask them because they're married now and Sheldon said it didn't want to move because he would have to change all the labels in his underwear.

My husband and I thought that would be a interesting spin off the two couples living next door, kinda like the Dick Van Dyke Show

It would be great if the others moved into the Howardette neighbourhood so they could have more joint meals and nights - in without having to find babysitters even if their eventual children are the wrong ages to play together. I've often thought so but it seemed too unlikely. Fancy the writers thinking of it. I wonder why Lenny wouldn't want to buy a house near their friends ? 

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It would be great if the others moved into the Howardette neighbourhood so they could have more joint meals and nights - in without having to find babysitters even if their eventual children are the wrong ages to play together. I've often thought so but it seemed too unlikely. Fancy the writers thinking of it. I wonder why Lenny wouldn't want to buy a house near their friends ? 

Maybe they don't won't to live near the Debbie-like voiced Halley!   8)

Edited by chucky

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

We have had similar considerations before.

B: Ooh, you know what you could do? You could have a baby, too.
n_332.gif.a6c4b7ff1dc78936a3818c64ce1c03a4.gif
H: No, that's a great idea, we could go through it together. Wouldn't that be fun? …
B: Do it! Have a baby, do it!

H: Come on, it'd be so cute, our kids playing together? What do you say, why don't you two hit the old mattress and whip up a family?
P: Okay, we're not gonna have a baby just to make you guys feel better.
L: Yeah, if we're gonna have a baby it's gonna be when we are ready, or when I'm certain Penny is gonna leave me.
P: Exactly.

S11/E1

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, veejay said:

We have had similar considerations before.

B: Ooh, you know what you could do? You could have a baby, too.
n_332.gif.a6c4b7ff1dc78936a3818c64ce1c03a4.gif
H: No, that's a great idea, we could go through it together. Wouldn't that be fun? …
B: Do it! Have a baby, do it!

H: Come on, it'd be so cute, our kids playing together? What do you say, why don't you two hit the old mattress and whip up a family?
P: Okay, we're not gonna have a baby just to make you guys feel better.
L: Yeah, if we're gonna have a baby it's gonna be when we are ready, or when I'm certain Penny is gonna leave me.
P: Exactly.

S11/E1

Wonderful memory!!  :hi:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Because the writers seem to not want them to have kids or any plot for that matter... Just watching from the kitchen island. Maybe they'll but a kitchen island there to watch the Wolowitz and Cooper Fowler families. Ugh sorry too far...But the joke was right there, couldn't skip it... I hope they give Lenny something this season.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

im sure they well. Leonard and Penny as all the characters. Have more to them. Other than just how many kids they well have. Prob the problem, with not ending this show some time after S6. Could of married them than. Instead dragged it out a couple more season. And than 3 pointless seasons. Now kinda like Friends in their last season. Where the pacing was forced. I feel same thing well occur with TBBT Final Season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

im sure they well. Leonard and Penny as all the characters. Have more to them. Other than just how many kids they well have. 

Of course. But the writers tend not to give them plots of other kinds either so when you take even that away...

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic