The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

His mother was probably going to attach electrodes to his head and that sort of thing.

They have never shown Penny as physically abusive. It’s not the first time they have hugged. JMO but it’s rather poor writing.

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly. Chemistry can exist in various forms. My point was Shamys Chemistry, Dynamic, Relationship etc. Was purley Platonic in S4.

I'm sorry but chemistry and dynamic are 2 totally different things. The dynamic was that starting on S4, but by no means limited to S4, and actually for seasons on end, Shamy's relationship was platonic. Chemistry is much more subjective and it is mostly in the eye of the beholder if he/she believes that Shamy had any chemistry.

So...dynamic=internal, factual and chemistry=external, subjective. As I said two completely different things. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Burberry said:

She already did this and Howard and Bernadette did not trust her which led her to believe she would be a bad mother.

please get your facts straight 💫

You should too. Since you are conveniently left out the fact that Hallie said mamah to Penny before show said it to anyone else, thus proving that she was doing a good job. the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, bfm said:

Just letting everyone know I might refrain from posting for some time so as to not ruin things for others. My apologies to those who were hurt in any way by my airing out of upset feelings, a result of accumulating frustrations.

I can't talk for anyone else, but it would ruin it for me if you stopped posting for a while. To me it is comforting to hear someone with similar opinions to mine who always gives well thought out and reasoned arguments. The only people who truly ruin things for people are the writers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Maybe I missed the episode but when did Penny physically abuse Leonard? Tonight’s episode suggests that.

She never has, I’m assuming it isn’t necessarily about his parents either, but more about how he was bullied and tormented when he was younger but other kids. We all know the story about Speckerman and that’s just one of the many bullies he’s had. To be honest the only time Penny has done something, was when Sheldon told her it could be a possibility that he and Amy could have coitus, and Penny was so surprised she grabbed Leonard’s arm rather hard, but that’s not abuse. I still atribute it to bullies in his childhood

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, thebigbangtheorist said:

She never has, I’m assuming it isn’t necessarily about his parents either, but more about how he was bullied and tormented when he was younger but other kids. We all know the story about Speckerman and that’s just one of the many bullies he’s had.  I still atribute it to bullies in his childhood

Yeah, I can’t buy that.  I was bullied and picked on through my junior year in high school ( that happens when you start HS at 12, I wasn’t around enough my SR year. ) I have never flinched from my wife.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Maybe I missed the episode but when did Penny physically abuse Leonard? Tonight’s episode suggests that.

I've been thinking the same thing.

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Happy taping day, everyone! :shy:

TBBT-taping-curtaincall.gif

Yes indeedy!

• Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 10:34 AM, Swedish Chef said:

I totally agree with you.

Lenny feels sometimes to be really inconsistent written.

That's due to the writers and Holland being solely focused on Sheldon.

• Like 3

Thursday's episode is really funny, especially the resolution of the wedding gift mystery. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Its a comedy, alot of it is exagerrated. I think we take this show at face value too much.

To me though the scene with Leonard being afraid of getting hit by Penny was unnecessary. I also didn’t buy that Leonard would ever run away from Penny like Amy’s father did from his wife. The show to me has consistently shown otherwise. A good exsmple is when he was dating Priya. Howard and Sheldon have been shown doing this though.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 5

I wish they had put Amy in some clothes more suitable for being on holiday/vacation at least, let alone a honeymoon. A nice dress or two would have been just as much in character as her everyday frumpy dumpy stuff. I'd have thought Bernie and Penny would have helped her choose something. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

(not sure that this us the right place for this) Ummmmm.....I know we only saw 2 knocks with   “Georgie” attached to each on Young Sheldon and 2 knocks collecting from the neighbor for his paper route, but is that evidence of adult Sheldon lying to Penny?  Did he develop the 3rd knock after witnessing his dad’s indiscretion???? Too curious...

At the beginning of TBBT he didn't even do that at all.

Okay, about last night's ep, I liked most of it. The Lego breakfast was cute and Nye and DeGrasse Tyson were great, especially the DeGrasse kicking line, as was Teller. Nice to see him in a role where he can talk. So many people at like he actually can't. I didn't mind the Lenny disagreement because I never did think they had anything in common. If Leonard has stuck to that he would have at least had a leg to stand on. Raj's storyline was the weakest for me. I think it could've been so much better.

By the way, I loved that Johnny backed up Lorre on the end card. It's just how I feel, too

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, I can’t buy that.  I was bullied and picked on through my junior year in high school ( that happens when you start HS at 12, I wasn’t around enough my SR year. ) I have never flinched from my wife.

I don’t really know to be honest. Maybe it was just something the writers slipped in for the laughs. I didn’t find it funny but then again the audience laugh so idk🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

At the beginning of TBBT he didn't even do that at all.

I didn't mind the Lenny disagreement because I never did think they had anything in common.

What did that have to do with anything in the episode? Was it suggested Amy's parents had nothing in common?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

A true Chuck Lorre shot!!

So true, I’m surprised he didn’t have a piano drawn in at the end of his swearing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'd have thought Bernie and Penny would have helped her choose something. 

They've tried that in the past, didn't work, Maybe they gave up trying in that regard.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

What did that have to do with anything in the episode? Was it suggested Amy's parents had nothing in common?

I think the impression was two different people and personalities in a kind of opposites attract kind of way.  That's what they were hinting at with Amy's parents with the usual 'i'm just an observer, I wonder why they are together?' response that pretty much all people have when observing a couple they don't know much about.

Then for gags they obviously explored that further, started to make personality comparisons between one couple and another etc.

I actually had no problem with it, in fact I think the Leonard/Penny/Fowlers storyline was the strongest and funniest in terms of pure comedy one in that episode.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think the impression was two different people and personalities in a kind of opposites attract kind of way.  That's what they were hinting at with Amy's parents with the usual 'i'm just an observer, I wonder why they are together?' response that pretty much all people have when observing a couple they don't know much about.

Then for gags they obviously explored that further, started to make personality comparisons between one couple and another etc.

I actually had no problem with it, in fact I think the Leonard/Penny/Fowlers storyline was the strongest and funniest in terms of pure comedy one in that episode.

That's my reflection, too.

misc_442.gif.c8e4c8b5f2e3a92fa8aa1c38545875fa.gif

misc_443.gif.f56481eaf8f816a99b83ce0018d17769.gif

😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I agree. I just think the bit went too far when Leonard thought Penny was going to hit him

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

A true Chuck Lorre shot!! 

I agree with him and I agree with Johnny for backing him up. You can't please everyone ever.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

YES.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke

12 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy Taping day everyone. I give last night Episode a C. I thought raj storyline was the best part. 

Loved the end where Raj was put in his place was shown as what he is, a sniveling coward!

• Like 3