[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

He said no more babies. I believe him.

I do too.  It's going to be tough to fit anything else into the season, if they want to get everyone from Young Sheldon into a episode of TBBT this year.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Although this was expected from the TR, this just fucks up the season in a major way for me.   

You are right.  This just sucks.  If they don't want Lenny to buy a house or have a baby, what the hell is there for them?  They might as well just pay Kaley and Johnny their money and tell them to go home.  The only thing I can see out of this is he said no more babies but he didn't state that someone could say they are pregnant. But what really pisses me off the most is that Lenny fans waited nine years for them to marry and we get a half-assed vow ceremony with a ridiculous argument and then a redo wedding with Sheldon injecting himself into the ceremony and then a misguided pregnancy for Bernadette. It seems Lenny always gets shortchanged in every aspect.   What a bummer!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

I do too.  It's going to be tough to fit anything else into the season, if they want to get everyone from Young Sheldon into a episode of TBBT this year.  

I like YS but don't need to see people from that show in TBBT. Already seen his brother and sister and a bad meemaw portayal. I would be fine with just bringing back Mary one or two times. Also, I don't need Professor Proton back. I would like to see Beverly one or two more times. I would like to meet Howard's dad and have one more Kripke visit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

You are right.  This just sucks.  If they don't want Lenny to buy a house or have a baby, what the hell is there for them?  They might as well just pay Kaley and Johnny their money and tell them to go home.  The only thing I can see out of this is he said no more babies but he didn't state that someone could say they are pregnant. But what really pisses me off the most is that Lenny fans waited nine years for them to marry and we get a half-assed vow ceremony with a ridiculous argument and then a redo wedding with Sheldon injecting himself into the ceremony and then a misguided pregnancy for Bernadette. It seems Lenny always gets shortchanged in every aspect.   What a bummer!

Yes someone could say there pregnant you don't see the baby

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kbp said:

Yes someone could say there pregnant you don't see the baby

misc_357b.gif.3836ce8ede649311f541ed12258505c4.gif

That would be ok for me. Also one last triumph for Sheldon.
Oh, wait! Who's yelling that loud from the background?
Sheldon goes crazy and his madness finally appears.
The end!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

Although this was expected from the TR, this just fucks up the season in a major way for me.   

Well the show only has them selves to blame. For effectively short changing LP over the course of the past 5 or seasons. Took them ages to get hitched. And even when they did. They half assed what was susposed to be one of the most important milestones of the show. Than Fans got absolutley zero payoff in their marrige. Marred by constant butting ins by yours truly. Writing them like they've been worn down by years of marrage. Relegating them to a behind the kitchen bench role. Than as far as babies go. Forced them selves into a corner. By having two Howardette Pregnancy Storylines. Effectively killing any appetite the audience had for a Penny pregnancy. Of course theirs more to Leonard and Penny, individually as characters. But when that was their ace in the hole. And they have been both so completley neglected since S8. What else are they going to acheive in the final season? Career plots? Possibly. Like I Said, at this stage as far as homaging "Our babies well be smart and beautiful in the pilot. Prob a flash forward is prob the best shot. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Was there a taping report?

They can be successful and happy in life and in my opinion that’s all that matters.

To me thats kind of like saying “if you don’t have money or fame I don’t want anything to do with you”

They can be successful in life and in my opinion that’s all that matters.

To me thats kind of like saying “if you don’t have money or fame I don’t want anything to do with you”

No, it's saying we want Lenny plots and this way it seems very unlikely we'd get them. Career plots? Always an option but they never go through with them and it's always an inconsequential, one-time side plot.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Honestly I am not a fan at all of filling the season with YS characters, or even focusing heavily on nostalgia for a final swansong when there could be more stories to tell that actually have meaning and relevance in the here and now and still can make characters take those steps forward.  These one time appearances are sometimes filler episodes, the danger I see is if they are not careful they will do too much of that to the detriment of the season.  I don't watch the other show, I tried 2 episodes and didn't like it so to see all these characters from Sheldon's youth coming back, probably to piss him off in some way or have him react silly with the actual truth of their past connection being very different to what Sheldon says it was (Georgie, Tam, presumably this genius girl character if she turns up, Billy Sparks etc) doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm a Shamy fan, but I am also a TBBT fan and hearing this news about all these characters coming out of the woodwork is disappointing if I am honest. 

They should be going out there all guns blazing (sorry for the crude metaphor) delivering a season with bold stuff.

Agree with you 100%

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Why is having a happy marriage and enjoying eachother not enough? I am glad no one is buying a house. Too much like Friend's Chandler and Monica. Glad they are staying put. Same with Sheldon and Amy. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Honestly I am not a fan at all of filling the season with YS characters, or even focusing heavily on nostalgia for a final swansong when there could be more stories to tell that actually have meaning and relevance in the here and now and still can make characters take those steps forward.  These one time appearances are sometimes filler episodes, the danger I see is if they are not careful they will do too much of that to the detriment of the season.  I don't watch the other show, I tried 2 episodes and didn't like it so to see all these characters from Sheldon's youth coming back, probably to piss him off in some way or have him react silly with the actual truth of their past connection being very different to what Sheldon says it was (Georgie, Tam, presumably this genius girl character if she turns up, Billy Sparks etc) doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm a Shamy fan, but I am also a TBBT fan and hearing this news about all these characters coming out of the woodwork is disappointing if I am honest. 

They should be going out there all guns blazing (sorry for the crude metaphor) delivering a season with bold stuff.

I can only agree with you and share your opinion. But I'm afraid that the merger of the two series will continue. Even though most of the time I didn't give the announcements and explanations of the TPTB much importance, the frequency and penetrance of the last public statements make me fear rather the worst. From the point of view of those responsible, all this effort makes absolute sense. Obviously, they are willing to accept that different fans of both series might be equally upset.
Should it actually happen that way, I will probably bear the end of TBBT with relief rather than grief. But that would still pisses me off!

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sah said:

Agree with you 100%

Why is having a happy marriage and enjoying eachother not enough? I am glad no one is buying a house. Too much like Friend's Chandler and Monica. Glad they are staying put. Same with Sheldon and Amy. 

In the case of Lenny it’s depicted as boring and full of arguments

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

Why is it so quiet there is usually a post every 20 minutes 

No taping report?

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well the show only has them selves to blame. For effectively short changing LP over the course of the past 5 or seasons. Took them ages to get hitched. And even when they did. They half assed what was susposed to be one of the most important milestones of the show. Than Fans got absolutley zero payoff in their marrige. Marred by constant butting ins by yours truly. Writing them like they've been worn down by years of marrage. Relegating them to a behind the kitchen bench role. Than as far as babies go. Forced them selves into a corner. By having two Howardette Pregnancy Storylines. Effectively killing any appetite the audience had for a Penny pregnancy. Of course theirs more to Leonard and Penny, individually as characters. But when that was their ace in the hole. And they have been both so completley neglected since S8. What else are they going to acheive in the final season? Career plots? Possibly. Like I Said, at this stage as far as homaging "Our babies well be smart and beautiful in the pilot. Prob a flash forward is prob the best shot. 

I agree completely with you  From the pregnancy topic to the stagnant portrayal of their marriage.  What bothers me is that the fans are not the only ones to notice this. There have been many articles in print that emphasize how L&P have been cast aside for The Sheldon Show. With all this criticism how tptb can think that this is the humorous way to go.   BTW,  ratings for the premiere were  13 million for live showing.   I think about what they were at the end of last season but far below previous premieres.

5 hours ago, Sah said:

Agree with you 100%

Yes It is true some people don't need the traditional things in a marriage to be happy. But they have evolved these characters for 12 years into endearing adults and should show them taking the next step. The lack of continuity is striking. Didn't Penny say in one episode where they take Bernadette for a night out that she felt something was missing in her marriage. She said that her and Leonard were married for two years and were not any further along in their marriage than when they were dating. This signaled to me that she wanted a house and a baby. But now they go in the opposite direction

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

But what really pisses me off the most is that Lenny fans waited nine years for them to marry and we get a half-assed vow ceremony with a ridiculous argument and then a redo wedding with Sheldon injecting himself into the ceremony and then a misguided pregnancy for Bernadette. It seems Lenny always gets shortchanged in every aspect.   What a bummer!

The showrunners obviously didn't see Lenny as the point of the show. I've thought that all along.

6 hours ago, Sah said:

Why is having a happy marriage and enjoying eachother not enough?

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Like I Said, at this stage as far as homaging "Our babies well be smart and beautiful in the pilot. Prob a flash forward is prob the best shot. 

Sounds like Leonard's Christmas card...they're still married. As for the smart and beautiful babies, I never took that as seriously as other fans did and I got reamed for it many a time. But I thought it was a joke that they played with a couple of times and never had in in mind as end game and I still think that.

56 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

This signaled to me that she wanted a house and a baby. But now they go in the opposite direction

That signal never seems to have, at any point, reached the writer's room.

• Like 1

They were never going to move Shamy or Lenny out of those apartments and most certainly not during the final season. In the final episode I could have seen them moving out, but actual episodes set with them in new sets/surroundings? Nah.

Even if they had signed a new multi year deal this season I don't think they would have moved them. Me personally? I wouldn't have minded seeing some new abodes had we got say a 13th or even a 14th season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The showrunners obviously didn't see Lenny as the point of the show. I've thought that all along.

I know that’s your pov. However, I've also heard and seen the following statements:

Steve Holland: I was really proud of the way Leonard and Penny’s relationship is evolved…
...I love watching the two of them together.

Chuck Lorre: When characters make each other laugh, that suggest a deeper bond which is something it happened very nicely with those two.
From the DVD bonus material of season 11 - The Maturation Imperative

But I also know from experience what value these sayings have in general.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, veejay said:

I know that’s your pov. However, I've also heard and seen the following statements:

Steve Holland: I was really proud of the way Leonard and Penny’s relationship is evolved…
...I love watching the two of them together.

Chuck Lorre: When characters make each other laugh, that suggest a deeper bond which is something it happened very nicely with those two.
From the DVD bonus material of season 11 - The Maturation Imperative

But I also know from experience what value these sayings have in general.

I agree with Lorre and Holland second sentence. I wouldn't be proud of how Lenny has evolved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That signal never seems to have, at any point, reached the writer's room.

You mean like the point of  Amy not being obsessed with sex never reached the writers room? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

You mean like the point of  Amy not being obsessed with sex never reached the writers room? 

WTF??

I know you're having a bit of beef with Zimty's opinions but you leave my girl Amy out of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, April said:

WTF??

I know you're having a bit of beef with Zimty's opinions but you leave my girl Amy out of it!

We were discussing that yesterday, you even chimed in on it.  What's the difference between yesterday and today?     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

We were discussing that yesterday, you even chimed in on it.  What's the difference between yesterday and today?     

Because I already chimed in on it yesterday and now you keep harping on that point and turn it into a false equivalence because you don't like someone's negative opinion about Lenny. We can discuss Amy all you want if you are sincere but with your post you've shown you just want to use it as a "Gotcha!" against Zimty and there's no point engaging with you when you are in that mood.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Run to India 1

8 hours ago, Sah said:

Why is having a happy marriage and enjoying eachother not enough? 

I think you may be thinking of it from a Shamy fan's perspective. For Lenny, happily marriage and enjoying each other means mostly watching and reacting to others' developments from the kitchen island. At least that's the way it was for the past few seasons, and right know many of us doubt it will change. If I believed the writers could write decent plots for them about other things then I would be better with this (not completely fine because it still is a retcon and IMO doesn't fit the characters, but better). Right now I'm worried this means Lenny will have the 12×03 plot and then one or two in which they make a final decision not to have children and will be standing behind the kitchen island (metaphorically, sitting on the couch counts as well) making comments for most of the other episodes. Not what I would like to see in the final season of a show I used to really really like. It has started to reach the point of sad acceptance for me. Now I think of it as the silly, goofy writers just going with the flow not really caring, chasing the laughs and the one they believe is their only draw. I'm not saying they're really silly or goofy, it's just easier for me to think this way and accept this, this way I get less mad.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic