[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, April said:

Because I already chimed in on it yesterday and now you keep harping on that point and turn it into a false equivalence because you don't like someone's negative opinion about Lenny. We can discuss Amy all you want if you are sincere but with your post you've shown you just want to use it as a "Gotcha!" against Zimty and there's no point engaging with you when you are in that mood.

Look, I believe that Lenny signaled they wanted a house and kids, just as I believe that Amy, for a period of time, was written like she was obsessed with sex (just like some could be forgiven if they thought she was being written as a Lesbian for a period of time).  If Die wants to point out they believe that Leonard and Penny were written to not want kids and a house, and Amy wasn't obsessed with sex, that's fine, that's their opinion.  But if it's ok for Die to say the signal for Lenny kids and a house didn't reached the writers room, because they don't see Lenny written that way,  why is is so wrong for me to point out I don't feel the signal that Amy wasn't obsessed with sex didn't reach the writers room, because I see Amy written that way?

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Look, I believe that Lenny signaled they wanted a house and kids, just as I believe that Amy, for a period of time, was written like she was obsessed with sex (just like some could be forgiven if they thought she was being written as a Lesbian for a period of time).  If Die wants to point out they believe that Leonard and Penny were written to not want kids and a house, and Amy wasn't obsessed with sex, that's fine, that's their opinion.  But if it's ok for Die to say the signal for Lenny kids and a house didn't reached the writers room, because they don't see Lenny written that way,  why is is so wrong for me to point out I don't feel the signal that Amy wasn't obsessed with sex didn't reach the writers room, because I see Amy written that way?

There are examples of Amy being passive aggressively putting pressure for sex. Like When she got jealous that Sheldon putlled his pants down in front of emily (and said that out loud ) and how she got the Tardis so he would have sex with her. But these are all in season 8, before they actually had sex. Since 9x11, there have been no examples of her being sex obsessed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, serena_1995 said:

There are examples of Amy being passive aggressively putting pressure for sex. Like When she got jealous that Sheldon putlled his pants down in front of emily (and said that out loud ) and how she got the Tardis so he would have sex with her. But these are all in season 8, before they actually had sex. Since 9x11, there have been no examples of her being sex obsessed.

I don't disagree with the recent years, in fact I pointed out in a prior post that she refused having sex with Sheldon, after they had sex for the first time, so obviously not sex obsessed at that point.   But, at one point, I felt, they were writing Amy in that way,(just as I felt,  they were writing her with Lesbian tendency in her early years), I provided examples, as you did, and was told that those weren't really examples of writing Amy as sex obsessed.   

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

33 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Because it's cheap whataboutism and you should be better than that.

Look, I don't even disagree on the Lenny thing but it really muddles your case when you steer the discussion into the direction of what Amy was written like 6 years ago. And as said, I don't have a problem discussing this at another place where it's not off topic and at another point when it's not used to score a point against someone who doesn't like Lenny as you do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Run to India 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I think you may be thinking of it from a Shamy fan's perspective. For Lenny, happily marriage and enjoying each other means mostly watching and reacting to others' developments from the kitchen island. At least that's the way it was for the past few seasons, and right know many of us doubt it will change. If I believed the writers could write decent plots for them about other things then I would be better with this (not completely fine because it still is a retcon and IMO doesn't fit the characters, but better). Right now I'm worried this means Lenny will have the 12×03 plot and then one or two in which they make a final decision not to have children and will be standing behind the kitchen island (metaphorically, sitting on the couch counts as well) making comments for most of the other episodes. Not what I would like to see in the final season of a show I used to really really like. It has started to reach the point of sad acceptance for me. Now I think of it as the silly, goofy writers just going with the flow not really caring, chasing the laughs and the one they believe is their only draw. I'm not saying they're really silly or goofy, it's just easier for me to think this way and accept this, this way I get less mad.

How true, how true! Let me give you a clear example: S10 - The Holiday Summation.
A so-called post-Christmas episode. Supposedly the happy experiences of our two different couples. Shamy's part in the episode was ridiculously long and completely lacking in interest for me. Lenny's part was absurdly short, but for me by far the funniest part of this episode.
I won't list any more examples where I felt Sheldon (and Amy) are simply boring and uninteresting without Penny and Leonard (again, for me).
As much as I love the scenes on the kitchen island, it can't be Lenny's only permanent habitat. Or do I still have to endure 23 episodes with dubious expectations? I'm afraid so.

opinion2.gif.b6edfec2ca60ef64d29ad56fa3e2b8ac.gif

Of course.

• Like 6

Just now, veejay said:

Or do I still have to endure 23 episodes with dubious expectations? I'm afraid so.

I think this is what pissed me off more than anything.  Knowing that TPTB can now pretty much ignore Lenny for the rest of the year.  With no kids, they don't have to give them any kind of plot.   Which frees up the show to do all the Young Sheldon cross overs they want, and get into depth with plots about how Shamy copes with marriage, and plots about  how they deal with their science ideas, etc, etc, etc.   As someone said, why not just pay off Johnny and Kaley for the next 21 episodes and not have to worry about writing anything for Lenny?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

I think this is what pissed me off more than anything.  Knowing that TPTB can now pretty much ignore Lenny for the rest of the year.  With no kids, they don't have to give them any kind of plot.   Which frees up the show to do all the Young Sheldon cross overs they want, and get into depth with plots about how Shamy copes with marriage, and plots about  how they deal with their science ideas, etc, etc, etc.   As someone said, why not just pay off Johnny and Kaley for the next 21 episodes and not have to worry about writing anything for Lenny?

Even as a non-Lenny I don't understand why the writers are still like "Whoops, no plots left for Lenny... *shrug*" when this year they could really finally do something with them. I mean, in the past you could at least think that maybe they're afraid of disturbing the status quo (so no babies or moving into a house cause they need to be in 4A) but this is the last season and they still have nothing to do for them???? I don't get it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, April said:

Even as a non-Lenny I don't understand why the writers are still like "Whoops, no plots left for Lenny... *shrug*" when this year they could really finally do something with them. I mean, in the past you could at least think that maybe they're afraid of disturbing the status quo (so no babies or moving into a house cause they need to be in 4A) but this is the last season and they still have nothing to do for them???? I don't get it.

Exactly. They put off them having kids and/or a house but now they suddenly seem to be going the no kids direction, thinking it is original or interesting or something and not caring this doesn't go well with previous scenes (to an extent that varies according to one's subjective perception of previous scenes) and, IMO, with the characters. I really don't get why. They have many potential plots there, different than Howardette's plots, and they don't need any baby on set for that. Or if it's moving away they could do that without changing the sets, like Friends did (they can still do that but why move if it's just the two of them? That appartment can even fit 3 people). For these writers, who for years do not seem to be able to think of enough decent plots for Lenny, you'd think that'd be the way to go. Well, what do I know?

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, I still have the little hope for funny stories. That's why I don't give up spreading my outpourings here.

n_116.gif.ffbd2c1191fa1ca8fc59433bddea318f.gif

It's some kind of a curse, maybe. 😉

Yeah I still hope for some laughs and some cute Lenny moments...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It is very painful to read all these negative comments from loyal Lenny viewers.  It is such a sad state of affairs when the core couple of the show from the pilot episode has been reduced to afterthoughts with no plotlines or stories in this final season. As Sheldon said "I'm getting too old for this crud"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

It is very painful to read all these negative comments from loyal Lenny viewers.  It is such a sad state of affairs when the core couple of the show from the pilot episode has been reduced to afterthoughts with no plotlines or stories in this final season. As Sheldon said "I'm getting too old for this crud"

If I were Johnny and Kaley, I  wouldn't be happy right now.  Maybe once the show is over, they will do a TV Show someday together and play a married couple with children? 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

If I were Johnny and Kale, I  wouldn't be happy right now.  Maybe once the show is over, they will do a TV Show someday together and play a married couple with children? 

Or without children, but with plots. Just wanted to make clear I have no issue at all with people who do not want to have children, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, just doesn't fit with these characters and their story, IMO.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, bfm said:

Or without children, but with plots. Just wanted to make clear I have no issue at all with people who do not want to have children, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, just doesn't fit with these characters and their story, IMO.

Oh, I agree. There  nothing wrong with not wanting to have any Kids. There are people out there who I think should have have never had kids.   This idea that ALL Women must have children because it their "duty"  is outdated and an old-fashioned way of thinking that doesn't fit in the 21st Century. Some women can not have children either. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

41 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Or, plotlines that denigrate the couple.  Let's be real about this,  they were part of a plot in episode one,  but who was happy with it?  Even the ending hug had negative connotations.  Does anyone really think there is going to be any kind of positive plot line for Lenny this year?  Lets see:

Episode 1    Shamy Honeymoon (something Lenny didn't get, they spent their honeymoon in separate apartments), and and Lenny compared to a wimp and ballbuster, then a hint we hadn't see before, that Penny abuses Leonard.  

Episode 2   Shamy and their wedding gifts, (I don't recall any gifts for Lenny, a direct result of the writers blowing off any kind of wedding prep for Lenny) except for Sheldon's generous gift of a trip to San Fransisco, with Sheldon inviting himself along.  Yay.

Episode 3  Lenny don't want kids, (backed up by Holland's there will be no more babies)  How fun is this season going to be for Lennys?

Episode 4  Bringing Tam over from Young Sheldon.  

Episode 5  Bringing Paige over from Young Sheldon.

Episode 6 (Pending)  Leonard and Penny  treat each other crappy for the whole episode, except for the hug at the end

Episode 7 (Pending)  Sheldon and Amy work on their science idea

Episode 8 (Pending)  Sheldon and Amy go to a Flag convention

Episode 9 (Pending)  Leonard and Penny argue about costumes at the island, but they hug at the end , while everyone else goes to a Halloween Party.

Episode 10 (Pending) Missy visits

Episode 11 (Pending) George visits

Episode 12 (Pending) Amy and Sheldon go to Texas for Christmas get to see almost all the YS characters.  Leonard and Penny argue over gifts, hug at the end.

Throw in Raj's arranged marriage here and there, Bernadette treating Howard like a kid, and an occasional  Stuart and Bernice plot and I think that  about covers it for the first half. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

If I were Johnny and Kale, I  wouldn't be happy right now.  Maybe once the show is over, they will do a TV Show someday together and play a married couple with children? 

If you take all her recent comments and chat show interviews Kaley's doesn't sound happy that the show is ending, there is way more evidence that she actually likes her role on this show and her job than not.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

If you take all her recent comments and chat show interviews Kaley's doesn't sound happy that the show is ending, there is way more evidence that she actually likes her role on this show and her job than not.

Who wouldn't be happy with a job that pays one million dollars per episode to do almost nothing.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

If I were Johnny and Kaley, I  wouldn't be happy right now.  Maybe once the show is over, they will do a TV Show someday together and play a married couple with children? 

Maybe a spin-off "Penny & Leonard"   or like someone else suggested "The Hofstadters"

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Or, plotlines that denigrate the couple.  Let's be real about this,  they were part of a plot in episode one,  but who was happy with it?  Even the ending hug had negative connotations.  Does anyone really think there is going to be any kind of positive plot line for Lenny this year?  Lets see:

Episode 1    Shamy Honeymoon (something Lenny didn't get, they spent their honeymoon in separate apartments), and and Lenny compared to a wimp and ballbuster, then a hint we hadn't see before, that Penny abuses Leonard.  

Episode 2   Shamy and their wedding gifts, (I don't recall any gifts for Lenny, a direct result of the writers blowing off any kind of wedding prep for Lenny) except for Sheldon's generous gift of a trip to San Fransisco, with Sheldon inviting himself along.  Yay.

Episode 3  Lenny don't want kids, (backed up by Holland's there will be no more babies)  How fun is this season going to be for Lennys?

Episode 4  Bringing Tam over from Young Sheldon.  

Episode 5  Bringing Paige over from Young Sheldon.

Episode 6 (Pending)  Leonard and Penny  treat each other crappy for the whole episode, except for the hug at the end

Episode 7 (Pending)  Sheldon and Amy work on their science idea

Episode 8 (Pending)  Sheldon and Amy go to a Flag convention

Episode 9 (Pending)  Leonard and Penny argue about costumes at the island, but they hug at the end , while everyone else goes to a Halloween Party.

Episode 10 (Pending) Missy visits

Episode 11 (Pending) George visits

Episode 12 (Pending) Amy and Sheldon go to Texas for Christmas get to see almost all the YS characters.  Leonard and Penny argue over gifts, hug at the end.

Throw in Raj's arranged marriage here and there, Bernadette treating Howard like a kid, and an occasional  Stuart and Bernice plot and I think that  about covers it for the first half. 

Do you guys have spoiler from episode 5? Where did you guys find that Paige will be on that one?

Thank you!

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic