Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Hahahahaha!  This was a great scene!  Was it Leonard who said one of her (Penny's) talents was being able to pee into a bottle?  Her response:  "the size of a nickel."   Loved this!!!!

Yeah, one of the better episodes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the decline of the show the only reason I was still here was because the forum was still fun however it to has been on a slow but steady decline with many members from when I arrived leaving the site, the overall shamy centric flavor of the place has made it much less enjoyable than it was, and now that the chit chat thread has become simply a place to insult my country, my president, myself and 60 million of my countrymen I can no longer participate. 

I can only wonder what the next area of a person's private life will be open to forum approved ridicule, will it be religon, weight, age, race financial status or simply looks?

Because once allowed to denigrate any part of a  person's private life all parts of their private life becomes fair game for bashing by those within the echo chamber of group think. 

 

ob_ee2596_livelongandprospertbbt.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Sad 3
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, luminous said:

Actually Kaley is in the original picture.

MV5BMWY4MzI4YTMtZjNkNi00NTc0LWJiNzYtYjY4YjUyZGIwZDQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ0MDUyMzg@._V1_.thumb.jpg.04c8d3d6723f79eb65b28f4fa48d1d54.jpg

Source

Why she was omitted in the collage that was posted on the BBT's IG page is something you have to ask the creator of the collage.

As a guess to get the aspect ratio to fit the other photos together they needed to cut one end of the photo. They could have cut Howard out but chose to cut Penny. It may have been because everyone but Penny was facing the same way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Will this affect how they proceed with this season and possible future seasons?
https://wgntv.com/2018/08/01/la-prosecutors-decline-sex-abuse-charges-against-cbs-ceo-les-moonves/

I don't think so. Of the show continues to make money. they (CBS) will want to continue doing it.

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

As a guess to get the aspect ratio to fit the other photos together they needed to cut one end of the photo. They could have cut Howard out but chose to cut Penny. It may have been because everyone but Penny was facing the same way.

So basically if you didn't see the complete picture, you're left wondering "Who the hell are they looking at"?  You know it's a woman by being able to see her shoes. So you have to guess it's Penny.

2 hours ago, JE7 said:

Given the decline of the show the only reason I was still here was because the forum was still fun however it to has been on a slow but steady decline with many members from when I arrived leaving the site, the overall shamy centric flavor of the place has made it much less enjoyable than it was, and now that the chit chat thread has become simply a place to insult my country, my president, myself and 60 million of my countrymen I can no longer participate. 

I can only wonder what the next area of a person's private life will be open to forum approved ridicule, will it be religon, weight, age, race financial status or simply looks?

Because once allowed to denigrate any part of a  person's private life all parts of their private life becomes fair game for bashing by those within the echo chamber of group think. 

 

ob_ee2596_livelongandprospertbbt.gif

I totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JE7 said:

Given the decline of the show the only reason I was still here was because the forum was still fun however it to has been on a slow but steady decline with many members from when I arrived leaving the site, the overall shamy centric flavor of the place has made it much less enjoyable than it was, and now that the chit chat thread has become simply a place to insult my country, my president, myself and 60 million of my countrymen I can no longer participate. 

I can only wonder what the next area of a person's private life will be open to forum approved ridicule, will it be religon, weight, age, race financial status or simply looks?

Because once allowed to denigrate any part of a  person's private life all parts of their private life becomes fair game for bashing by those within the echo chamber of group think. 

 

ob_ee2596_livelongandprospertbbt.gif

Good luck!

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't think so. Of the show continues to make money. they (CBS) will want to continue doing it.

So basically if you didn't see the complete picture, you're left wondering "Who the hell are they looking at"?  You know it's a woman by being able to see her shoes. So you have to guess it's Penny.

I totally agree.

I totally don't. However I do think that's more a post for the Chit Chat thread, and I won't say anything else on the matter because I don't want to get anyone mad. I'll just concentrate on TBBT for the time being. If someone is bothered by what's being said on a thread there's always the possibility to not visit that thread, right? Or leave, as JE7 mentioned. To each their own.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, chucky said:

So basically if you didn't see the complete picture, you're left wondering "Who the hell are they looking at"? 

The theme of the group of photos was friendship. A bunch of people looking in the same direction implies unity. It fits the theme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JE7 said:

Given the decline of the show the only reason I was still here was because the forum was still fun however it to has been on a slow but steady decline with many members from when I arrived leaving the site, the overall shamy centric flavor of the place has made it much less enjoyable than it was, and now that the chit chat thread has become simply a place to insult my country, my president, myself and 60 million of my countrymen I can no longer participate. 

I can only wonder what the next area of a person's private life will be open to forum approved ridicule, will it be religon, weight, age, race financial status or simply looks?

Because once allowed to denigrate any part of a  person's private life all parts of their private life becomes fair game for bashing by those within the echo chamber of group think. 

 

ob_ee2596_livelongandprospertbbt.gif

Well, that’s something of a Parthian shot. 

And, as a perpetrator not given the opportunity to respond, because I was keeping to the Chit Chat thread, I can only say I expected, and hoped for, a more robust defence of a position.

And as for generalising the commentary there to include 60 million people, well, I am nonplussed. Mostly the concerns expressed are about one guy, who doesn’t post here; concerns felt globally and beyond a tightly bound domestic media alliance.

I do agree about the emphasis on Sheldon and Amy. I caught three s11 episodes in a row (they seem to be burning them here) and it’s a sparse meal if you were  Leonard & Penny inclined from 2008. And the level of “awww, schucks” sentiment expressed by Sheldon, the former would-be disembodied intellectual waiting to be uploaded is... not what I’d hoped for, even if he is softened from where he was in the the latter seasons.

Anyway, bonne chance...

  • Like 4
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

So why not use a photo which they could fit them all of them in , instead of cropping it  thus removing Penny. Interesting that all the characters are in two of the pic except Penny.

Any answer is just guess work of course. The theme was friendship and they used the following groupings:

1. Penny, Amy and Bernadette. The three women friends on the show.

2. A group shot of the main brainiacs on the show. Sharing a smile and a moment.

3. Howard and Raj. They started the series as nearly inseparable friends.

4. Sheldon and Leonard. Friends from 1.01 all through the 11 seasons.

Edited by djsurrey
typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

Any answer is just guess work of course. The theme was friendship and they used the following groupings:

1. Penny, Amy and Bernadette. The three women friends on the show.

2. A group show of the main brainiacs on the show. Sharing a smile and a moment.

3. Howard and Raj. They started the series as nearly inseparable friends.

4. Sheldon and Leonard. Friends from 1.01 all through the 11 seasons.

My opinion: someone uploaded several pictures and didn’t realize that the photo of all the regulars wouldn’t fit into the size “frame” for the collage. To use Dr L. Winkle’s phrase: they were a “dumbass” for not proofing it before posting. Truly a doofus move on whoever posted. Accidental perhaps, but to use another phrase, this one from the annoying New England Patriots NFL team: “do your job”! (Mini rant done.)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Any answer is just guess work of course. The theme was friendship and they used the following groupings:

1. Penny, Amy and Bernadette. The three women friends on the show.

2. A group shot of the main brainiacs on the show. Sharing a smile and a moment.

3. Howard and Raj. They started the series as nearly inseparable friends.

4. Sheldon and Leonard. Friends from 1.01 all through the 11 seasons.

Agreed, well said. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JE7 said:

and now that the chit chat thread has become simply a place to insult my country, my president, myself and 60 million of my countrymen I can no longer participate. 

No one has ever had to participate in the chit chat thread. It can easily be bypassed.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No one has ever had to participate in the chit chat thread. It can easily be bypassed.

Normally I do! Occasionally I check out what "stuff" is being spewed there and getting a good laugh at the same time. You folks sure do amuse me to no end. :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Any answer is just guess work of course. The theme was friendship and they used the following groupings:

1. Penny, Amy and Bernadette. The three women friends on the show.

2. A group shot of the main brainiacs on the show. Sharing a smile and a moment.

3. Howard and Raj. They started the series as nearly inseparable friends.

4. Sheldon and Leonard. Friends from 1.01 all through the 11 seasons.

The group IMO was pure stupidity since the six were looking at Penny. 1,3,4 make sense. A group shot includes the entire group.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

The group IMO was pure stupidity since the six were looking at Penny. 1,3,4 make sense. A group shot includes the entire group.

Exactly , the group should of been the entire group, also what about Leonard & Penny's or Sheldon & Penny's friendships , they have both been around longer than the girls yet they where missed it out. They should of done a more thought out collage or even better two.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zephon75 said:

Exactly , the group should of been the entire group, also what about Leonard & Penny's or Sheldon & Penny's friendships , they have both been around longer than the girls yet they where missed it out. They should of done a more thought out collage or even better two.

 

BINGO!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JE7 said:

slow but steady decline with many members from when I arrived leaving the site, 

Yes, I can name quite a few of those people 

the only reason I’m here is to give people my opinion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chucky said:

Normally I do! Occasionally I check out what "stuff" is being spewed there and getting a good laugh at the same time. You folks sure do amuse me to no end. :hi:

The opinions being posted there are not stuff being spewed, they simply are opinions that differ from yours. I tend to agree with most of the posters there, and disagree with you, ajond, JE7 and Chrismo. I posted there a couple of days, but stopped because (for me) there is no point in doing so. I am not going to convince you to see things as I see them and you will not convince me to see things as you see them, so why waste our time?

Apart from that, I tend to agree with most of the things you say, as well as JE7's other posts. The solution for me has been to avoid the Chit Chat thread altogether because it frustrates me and makes me mad. If I feel any need to feel that way, I just simply watch the show, now a days (lol).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The opinions being posted there are not stuff being spewed, they simply are opinions that differ from yours. I tend to agree with most of the posters there, and disagree with you, ajond, JE7 and Chrismo. I posted there a couple of days, but stopped because (for me) there is no point in doing so. I am not going to convince you to see things as I see them and you will not convince me to see things as you see them, so why waste our time?

Apart from that, I tend to agree with most of the things you say, as well as JE7's other posts. The solution for me has been to avoid the Chit Chat thread altogether because it frustrates me and makes me mad. If I feel any need to feel that way, I just simply watch the show, now a days (lol).

I think that spewed was the wrong choice to use. I am very sorry.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.