Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, vonmar said:

It's still a no win for them come Season 12...

If Sheldon is a jerk, he's always been a jerk and hasn't learned anything.

If Sheldon isn't a jerk, they have changed him to much.

Jim was smart to call it quits and end this.

JP had a hard time making this decision so I don’t think so

 

  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Burberry said:

JP had a hard time making this decision so I don’t think so

I have yet to see an article where Jim has spoken about this so I gather that you are making an assumption.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

You mean the short hair cut Penny? I am just thrilled her hair is long again. This to me is the true Penny. Messy, independent, and free spirited. 

She is indeed all those things but I can't believe she's selling medicines in such a scruffy state. I wonder what her employers think ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

She is indeed all those things but I can't believe she's selling medicines in such a scruffy state. I wonder what her employers think ?

AdventurousFloweryKentrosaurus-small.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shelldon said:

It will be business as usual, except now maybe the execution of Anu will suddenly be changed if she was meant to be another Raj disaster before Raj would have found the one in either Season 13/Season 14/Season 67.

At least that would be a credible continuity. 😉

c_004.gif.a6147c51f84742229ef47b49bf8fdbdc.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering what that new dinner group show was about. They're still using the old one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm wondering what that new dinner group show was about. They're still using the old one!

As do I!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Penny's hair is a mess. It's time she did something about it. Were I a doctor I would not buy medicine from this untidy-looking woman. Whatever happened to the neat haircut and smart business clothes of two or three years ago ?

I hate it piled on top of her head because often when they do that her black roots look awful. It's jarring to me when they emphasize on purpose that she is not really blond. I wouldn't buy anything from her either. The dress and hair were totally unprofessional looking considering she was supposed to be at work.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I hate it piled on top of her head because often when they do that her black roots look awful. It's jarring to me when they emphasize on purpose that she is not really blond. I wouldn't buy anything from her either. The dress and hair were totally unprofessional looking considering she was supposed to be at work.

Maybe she just had training, no meeting. We have seen her in more formal clothes and a pony tail, maybe that's how she goes to meetings.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, veejay said:

001.gif.4e0ba74c496ba8d235d07c3e4aacbc6b.gif  002.gif.9a8c91992f77611ae103c630f3cf42e3.gif  003.gif.60f6aa821cae65df3e3e8704213e8e82.gif

004.gif.7e58a15b04cbea641b23c555a3ffeafc.gif  005.gif.8ac428fb575a7528684a36a40b46a6fe.gif  006.gif.a5939c8742ebd7cc64c2251f6854c8a4.gif

I agree. Nothing wrong with her clothes and hairstyle, I think. :shy:

agreed!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I was too busy focusing and thinking about the insipid plots than Penny's attire or hairstyle.

I saw nothing wrong really with what she is wearing, she probably has two types of attire when working, one for meeting clients and looking professional and a smart casual look when around the offices, perhaps getting ready for whatever meetings she has during the week ahead.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veejay said:

001.gif.4e0ba74c496ba8d235d07c3e4aacbc6b.gif  002.gif.9a8c91992f77611ae103c630f3cf42e3.gif  003.gif.60f6aa821cae65df3e3e8704213e8e82.gif

004.gif.7e58a15b04cbea641b23c555a3ffeafc.gif  005.gif.8ac428fb575a7528684a36a40b46a6fe.gif  006.gif.a5939c8742ebd7cc64c2251f6854c8a4.gif

I agree. Nothing wrong with her clothes and hairstyle, I think. :shy:

What I find amusing is that Penny, Amy and Bernadette in at least one episode made fun of Pryia wearing pant suits and here's Penny wearing them as swell! Although Penny looks better in the pant suits!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I guess I was too busy focusing and thinking about the insipid plots than Penny's attire or hairstyle.

I saw nothing wrong really with what she is wearing, she probably has two types of attire when working, one for meeting clients and looking professional and a smart casual look when around the offices, perhaps getting ready for whatever meetings she has during the week ahead.

Would love to see her get that PR position and see her attire then.  Also, I think it would be great in this final season that they show her receiving a sales award and giving an acceptance speech. This would justify her standing among the guys and her status as "Queen of the Nerds"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chucky said:

What I find amusing is that Penny, Amy and Bernadette in at least one episode made fun of Pryia wearing pant suits and here's Penny wearing them as swell! Although Penny looks better in the pant suits!

I think it was more about Priya wearing suits all the time, not just for work.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm wondering what that new dinner group show was about. They're still using the old one!

CBS has used this footage as a brief promo during commercial breaks on the network. In my opinion, it wasn't intended to be used for the intro, as the camera pans across 4A with the group eating and talking. This promo moves from left to right to reveal the entire cast, while the voice-over announces the series and air time. CBS seems to have these promos for most of their programs this season.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

CBS has used this footage as a brief promo during commercial breaks on the network. In my opinion, it wasn't intended to be used for the intro, as the camera pans across 4A with the group eating and talking. This promo moves from left to right to reveal the entire cast, while the voice-over announces the series and air time. CBS seems to have these promos for most of their programs this season.

Shame, I think a new/tweaked intro would have been great for the final season.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

CBS has used this footage as a brief promo during commercial breaks on the network. In my opinion, it wasn't intended to be used for the intro, as the camera pans across 4A with the group eating and talking. This promo moves from left to right to reveal the entire cast, while the voice-over announces the series and air time. CBS seems to have these promos for most of their programs this season.

Oh okay, I'm not in the US and haven't seen anybody mention it so I didn't know. Thank you.

I think it's a pitty they don't use it, switch the old shot for a new one in honor of the last season, doesn't seem that hard.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bfm said:

Oh okay, I'm not in the US and haven't seen anybody mention it so I didn't know. Thank you.

I think it's a pitty they don't use it, switch the old shot for a new one in honor of the last season, doesn't seem that hard.

2

Yeah, just replacing like 2-3 seconds of a recording for a new one.

I think it would be welcomed, and those that probably would complain who don't like change are the type that probably skip the intro by now anyway.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yeah, just replacing like 2-3 seconds of a recording for a new one.

I think it would be welcomed, and those that probably would complain who don't like change are the type that probably skip the intro by now anyway.

Not a serious proposal...  😀

intr01.gif.5a5f0ecc6d8afb8163a613c9a66ce39c.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon has been a jerk since the pilot. So irregardless of character growth. This has never changed.

Sheldon being a jerk is one of TWO primary bases for the show:  Leonard & Penny's relationship and Sheldon being a jerk.

If Sheldon is not a jerk, the show loses half its original source for comedy. 

Same as with Leonard and Penny having a happy, functional relationship.  A happy, functional relationship isn't nearly as interesting as one with communication mix-ups, misunderstandings and some deceit.  Go back to Burns and Allen and "I Love Lucy." 

If we want Sheldon to be less of an ass and for Leonard and Penny to be happy, it comes at a comedic cost. 

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Burberry said:

JP had a hard time making this decision so I don’t think so

 

Jim, I believe, has thought long and hard in making this decision, so he, as I, believe it's the right decision. Tough decisions are suppose to hard to make.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, veejay said:

Not a serious proposal...  😀

intr01.gif.5a5f0ecc6d8afb8163a613c9a66ce39c.gif

Shenny shippers will go crazy...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vonmar said:

I have yet to see an article where Jim has spoken about this so I gather that you are making an assumption.

Just by using common sense from all the  articles and his instagram post i think we can all come to a conclusion that he had a hard time making that decision 

Edited by Burberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Just by using common sense from all the  articles and his instagram post i think we can all come to a conclusion that he had a hard time making that decision 

 Do you have an actual statement by Jim stating he had a hard time making the decision?  If not, then as Vonmar pointed out, it's an assumption of yours, based on your interpretation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.