[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

5 hours ago, chucky said:

There are times we do think a like! They were a bust as well!

Another episode with Siebert!

Love Siebert, hope we get to see him more this season.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I’m guessing Lenny will have a happy after seeing that clip

Yeah I don't think it as bad as some made out. Penny clearly remembers their first kiss. In Peanut Reaction. As more memorable. As it was his Bday party. And she was lupid. Where as Leonard remembers their first kiss being The Middle Earth Paradigm. When she was near intoxiation, 11 years ago. And of course Penny took alot longer to articulate her feelings for Leonard than Leonard did for Penny. Which of course came to a head in The Monopolar Expedition. in the S2 Final. My only problem with this. IS it is dangerous to slightly refine the narrative. These were iconic moments for Lenny, the show, and its fans. IF were changing the motivations behind it. Ala Penny saying 'I felt bad'. Than its sets a precedance for other moments. 

latest?cb=20121009195602

240?cb=20121010013644

378?cb=20120919154725

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Leonard "fell in love" one month after meeting her.  Penny did not, she was being impulsive. 

This spat is on Leonard.  After all these years, with them not always being on the same page, it is unreasonable for him to have a hissy fit over this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Run to India 2

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Leonard "fell in love" one month after meeting her.  Penny did not, she was being impulsive. 

This spat is on Leonard.  After all these years, with them not always being on the same page, it is unreasonable for him to have a hissy fit over this.

Nah, it's on both of them!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

The problem is the writers. They want the viewer to remember the first Halloween episode but they get the facts screwed up. I can buy Penny doesn’t remember the kiss. But then they come up with idea of her throwing into a pumpkin. If she threw up after the kiss she should be able to remember the kiss. If she threw up before the kiss well that’s kind of gross. Also she had halloween parties in 4B. When? season 2,3, and 5. LOL Leonard and Sheldon live across the hall.

As to who this “spat” is on IMO it’s on Penny. Leonard might have had a “hissy” fit but even if you didn’t see season 1 it seems obvious Leonard is right when Penny admits being drunk and throwing up. She has much more  of a history of not remembering things while being drunk. Season  4 finale as an example.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Yeah, why should Leonard expect the love of his life to remember anything.  I'm glad I'm not watching any longer.  I'm wondering how long it's going to be before the writers have them go into full hate mode on each other.  Cause that will be hilarious  

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

I agree. Leonard was being unreasonable. But blame on both side. I don’t agree Penny doesent remember anything though. She clearly remembers The Peanut reaction when they first kissed. Makes sense Penny’s a very impulsive person. This is when she cheated on Mike with Leonard. She also spontaneously slept with Leonard.  So it’s not Fair to put this all on Penny. Leonard was infatuated at first. They formed a friendship. Then Penny fell in love around end of s2. But she actually cheated on Mike with Leonard in that scene. As I said. It wasn’t till around Season 3 and 5. Where they actually formed a relationship. Leonard fell in love in Season 3. And In Season 5 they had that beta test. And Penny proclaimed her love in Season 6 inadvertently. What’s the point of this though? They kissed a lot in the first two seasons. The problem is once again they are dangerously complacent in their relationship. And tptb refuse to address it.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, vonmar said:

It was a month since they first met, Leonard was infatuated, he wasn't in love.

Leonard's feeling for her haven't changed since they first met.     Love or infatuation really no difference.    However, you may be right, it obviously wasn't important  to Leonard at all. 

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The problem is once again they are dangerously complacent in their relationship. And tptb refuse to address it.  

But TPTB have addressed it.  They weren't complacent in the relationship in season six and seven.  There writers have addressed it by purposely writing them as  having a shitty attitude towards each other and the put down and snarky comments the say to each other.   TPTB think it's all funny.   

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

But she actually cheated on Mike with Leonard in that scene.

I don't think she did cheat on Mike with Leonard. When she first kissed Leonard that was post Kurt and Pre Mike. Their date was after she broke up with Mike when he cheated on her.

• Like 1

Lenny's first kiss was not memorable for Penny because to her at the time Leonard was just another man. She felt compassion for him and was beginning to appreciate his worth as a person but kissing wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her. Leonard was already imagining their babies so every interaction with Penny meant something to him. A kiss would be more significant to him than to her.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Lenny's first kiss was not memorable for Penny because to her at the time Leonard was just another man. She felt compassion for him and was beginning to appreciate his worth as a person but kissing wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her. Leonard was already imagining their babies so every interaction with Penny meant something to him. A kiss would be more significant to him than to her.

BINGO!! Spot on!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, batman75 said:

If it is okay for me to put my two cents, I agree with this but then again I do have an issue with that preview and how the writers have been handling Lenny. Because at the end of the day, the arc for Leonard and Penny has been intersecting and sometimes going in opposite directions. 

My main issue with this scene as a viewer is not if it is more significant to Leonard than to Penny, but rather, it should be special for both. Penny is the one that saved all the special things from Leonard because "of course, its you". For Penny to be dismissive and to not remember, it should be a conversation that they already had. Or Penny might not remember but she should know these moments. The writers bring these things as if they have never talked about "their" moments and those moments are so special and embedded in the show that I am afraid that they are going to mess them up. 

When Penny asks Leonard if he is mad at her, I can see the concerned Penny for Leonard. The one that cares for what he thinks and cares for their relationship. But then seconds after writers keep making Penny pity Leonard and dismiss his feelings for laughs about her puking at the party. Or like with the "many" Halloween parties. How about saying something funny towards still learning how to communicate with the boys during the beginning or vice versa? Or something that does not point towards her not caring for Leonard? 

I apologize if this post seems negative but I am trying to hope for the best for this last season: having the best last episodes, enjoying the friendships, enjoying the relationships and just enjoying the nature of TBBT. But with these previous, I wonder if they will give us good moments and they will honor these characters. 

p.s. Hoping for a special scene that makes it up to Leonard and the Lenny shippers somewhere before the end of the episode. At this point in time, I take any small gesture or small moment and treasure it. 

Tbf I think Penny goes after Leonard. Or that is it what it implies. I think Penny probably remembers their kiss on his bday as it was more meaningful for her. I think alot of this is revisional history. Penny took a while to catch up with Leonard. He was imagining Babies since the pilot. Leonard even referenced as such. “I’ve been in a relationship with you since we’ve meet”. I think they got on the same page. In 43 Pecularity where she inadvertently professed her love for him. So yeah hopefully theirs a scene after that. Might well be. I think the problem is theirs a lack of continuity and consistency between Penny showing how she cares for Leonard. And trying to turn it into a joke.  

Edited by 3ku11

Ugh I really don't understand this constant need to belittle Lenny and now also their iconic moments that many fans remember and love. If she kissed him at his birthday party because she "felt bad for him", it ended up making her feeling at least as good as it did him, this is seen in her reaction after that kiss, why not talk about that?

• Like 8

Just now, bfm said:

Ugh I really don't understand this constant need to belittle Lenny and now also their iconic moments that many fans remember and love. If she kissed him at his birthday party because she "felt bad for him", it ended up making her feeling at least as good as it did him, this is seen in her reaction after that kiss, why not talk about that?

The only explanation I can think of is that when the writers were creating those episodes (like the first 7-8 of S12), they didn’t know it’s the last season, and they wanted ‘spice up’  things for Lenny and break them up in the middle of the season. So after that they’d play ‘will they/won’t they’ card again and get them back together by the end of the season. But now they’re aware it’s the last one, so I just really hope in episode 8 or 9 they’ll change Penny’s attitude and make her caring and loving again 😔

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

The only explanation I can think of is that when the writers were creating those episodes (like the first 7-8 of S12), they didn’t know it’s the last season, and they wanted ‘spice up’  things for Lenny and break them up in the middle of the season. So after that they’d play ‘will they/won’t they’ card again and get them back together by the end of the season. But now they’re aware it’s the last one, so I just really hope in episode 8 or 9 they’ll change Penny’s attitude and make her caring and loving again 😔

I don't know anymore. Anything can be, but they should've known chances were high it will be the last season. They seem to think it's funny to make as if Leonard is not important enough to others ("the forgettable one"), including his best friend and wife. I do not find humor in it. 

• Like 5

Just now, bfm said:

I don't know anymore. Anything can be, but they should've known chances were high it will be the last season. They seem to think it's funny to make as if Leonard is not important enough to others ("the forgettable one"), including his best friend and wife. I do not find humor in it. 

Well I don’t see it as he’s not important anymore, and Sheldon didn’t surprise me at all, but Penny’s character is written differently this season, that’s what bothers me the most

Edited by smartandbeautiful
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Well I don’t see it as he’s not important anymore, and Sheldon didn’t surprise me at all, but Penny’s character is written differently this season, that’s what bothers me the most

This! 🙁

n_539.gif.0ce07623d56a7e40cfed07674b1927e9.gif

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic