Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, chucky said:

Penny now sees things that effects her, not them. She should be sad that she never invited Leonard to her precious parties. 

Be fair. We all weren't invited (on-screen), were we? 🙁

n_463.gif.bf14a5f901e6e492a3b3a42e31018be4.gif

 

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

3 hours ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Well I don’t see it as he’s not important anymore, and Sheldon didn’t surprise me at all, but Penny’s character is written differently this season, that’s what bothers me the most

I didn't care much for Sheldon thinking Leonard not being his roomate wouldn't make a difference, that's Sheldon... But it's accumulating.

I totally agree about Penny. She was on the right track in season 11 and suddenly she's off again. She comes off as more mean and less caring to me this season (yes there are caring moments, but overall I feel that she's less caring than she used to be). Although this season in general the characters seem less caring towards each other and generally unsatisfied.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smartandbeautiful said:

The only explanation I can think of is that when the writers were creating those episodes (like the first 7-8 of S12), they didn’t know it’s the last season, and they wanted ‘spice up’  things for Lenny and break them up in the middle of the season. So after that they’d play ‘will they/won’t they’ card again and get them back together by the end of the season. But now they’re aware it’s the last one, so I just really hope in episode 8 or 9 they’ll change Penny’s attitude and make her caring and loving again 😔

They inject friction and conflict for comedy purposes (rarely do they inject real lasting drama like some of the breakups on the show in the past), the show has never shied away from that as a source.  But I think they managed to balance past seasons better with different types of comedy, it's just that it feels all the same so far this season.

It's like every episode so far there is some kind of disagreement and conflict, and petty BS conflict at that most of the time.  It's perplexing...

I genuinely don't think a Leonard and Penny breakup was an idea they thought about before the season started or on the cards this season.  Breaking up BF/GF is a completely different kettle of fish than breaking up a marriage, I don't think this show could handle such a topic in the correct manner anyway truth be told, it would difficult for a sitcom like this to pull off.

What the season needs is IMO a fun, cheery group based episode that you enjoy and makes you feel kind of good after watching it.  It's what the Halloween episode could/perhaps should have been, instead you have Howard going too far, Sheldon retaliating and then this kiss business.  Honestly it sounds like Viewing Party, an event derailed by petty BS and so my hopes are very low for this one.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They inject friction and conflict for comedy purposes (rarely do they inject real lasting drama like some of the breakups on the show in the past), the show has never shied away from that as a source.  But I think they managed to balance past seasons better with different types of comedy, it's just that it feels all the same so far this season.

It's like every episode so far there is some kind of disagreement and conflict, and petty BS conflict at that most of the time.  It's perplexing...

I genuinely don't think a Leonard and Penny breakup was an idea they thought about before the season started or on the cards this season.  Breaking up BF/GF is a completely different kettle of fish than breaking up a marriage, I don't think this show could handle such a topic in the correct manner anyway truth be told, it would difficult for a sitcom like this to pull off.

What the season needs is IMO a fun, cheery group based episode that you enjoy and makes you feel kind of good after watching it.  It's what the Halloween episode could/perhaps should have been, instead you have Howard going too far, Sheldon retaliating and then this kiss business.  Honestly it sounds like Viewing Party, an event derailed by petty BS and so my hopes are very low for this one.

I agree with you. However, I'm not sure I can derive the extended plot from the few seconds of these promo peeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burberry said:

The characters dialogue is a reflection of the writers opinion

thats what I have figured out 

Are you saying the the writers are mysogynistic, racists, because of some of the dialogue they give Sheldon?  Because, his dialogue is a reflection of the writers opinion, right? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Lenny's first kiss was not memorable for Penny because to her at the time Leonard was just another man. She felt compassion for him and was beginning to appreciate his worth as a person but kissing wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her. Leonard was already imagining their babies so every interaction with Penny meant something to him. A kiss would be more significant to him than to her.

I can agree with you on that but as I said earlier she threw up in a pumpkin and remembered that. I suppose that was suppose to be funny but that couldn’t of been funny to Leonard. The rest of Penny’s dialogue couldn’t of made her look worse. It seems obviously to me by the pictures I have seen it appears they make up by the end of the episode. You think TPTB could make a conflict between them a little more realistic.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Are you saying the the writers are mysogynistic, racists, because of some of the dialogue they give Sheldon?  Because, his dialogue is a reflection of the writers opinion, right? 

Not just Sheldon. The writers have had them all say racist, misogynistic things at different times

  • Like 3
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sah said:

Not just Sheldon. The writers have had them all say racist, misogynistic things at different times

Not as much as Sheldon.  I don't remember any of them, besides Sheldon, comparing their lives to the plight of Slaves, or equating the courage of Rosa Parks with the confronting someone cutting in line.   I'll admit Howard does make racist Indian comments.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem here is I Think Penny gets some really unfair treatment from fans. Like seems to be a sense that she was on the right track last season. But now she has fallen off the wagon. And now is mean to Leonard. Heck girl cannot catch a break. What is she a recovery addict? LOL. This aint Mom. I mean heck Shes not Leonards Mother. Its not her job to mother him and coddle him. I mean heck not even his own mother does that LOL. So I guess Leonard is attracted to strong woman. But my point is I Dont think Penny needs to proove anything. Shes been with Leonard since S5. Thats over 7 years. Forgave him almost instantly when he dropped the Mandy Bombshell. So I am not saying Pennys tone is great. .I think it is a writing issue. But I just find alot of it is imbalanced in presentation. Leonard should be getting the same scrutiny from the show, and fans alike. I Feel like Leonard is an abuse victim. And Penny reguarly emotionally and physically abuses him. I mean thats not reality. But it seems to be the perception. I Think she is fine. I dont see any real difference from her from last season. But like said it is a Marrige. Both are guilty for contributing to the complacency in their relationship. So wheres Leonards progress?

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My problem here is I Think Penny gets some really unfair treatment from fans. "Oh she was on the right track Last season, now shes all mean". What is she a recovering addict lol? This aint Mom. I mean heck Shes not Leonards Mother. Its not her job to mother him and coddle him. I mean heck not even his own mother does that LOL. So I guess Leonard is attracted to strong woman. But my point is I Dont think Penny needs to proove anything. Shes been with Leonard since S5. Thats over 7 years. Forgave him almost instantly when he dropped the Mandy Bombshell. So I am not saying Pennys tone is great. .I think it is a writing issue. But I just find alot of it is imbalanced in presentation. Leonard should be getting the same scrutiny from the show, and fans alike. I Feel like Leonard is an abuse victim. And Penny reguarly emotionally and physically abuses him. I mean thats not reality. But it seems to be the perception. I Think she is fine. I dont see any real difference from her from last season. But like said it is a Marrige. Both are guilty for contributing to the complacency in their relationship. So wheres Leonards progress?
Seems to me she's keeping a few secrets from Leonard first she said she didn't want kids then the thing about her having parties and not inviting or telling him about i thought they were dating. I kind of wonder if there's going to more secrets coming out that Leonard doesn't know about

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we’re gonna blame the writers for retconning the Leonard boat kiss BS then let’s apply the same to Penny’s “secrets”. More BS. The Halloween thing is either ridiculous or understandable. Season 2 could have been when Leonard was dating so why would she, S3 could have been post breakup so why would she and S4 could have been Priya era so why would she? Every other year since they’re together so of course he would have been there. So I just don’t hang much on Penny for this. It’s BS writing to continue the Lenny drama of S12. And if we’re not retconning I think Leonard has held more secrets of importance than Penny has.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I kind of wonder if there's going to more secrets coming out that Leonard doesn't know about

I've been wondering the same thing. Like what is the next surprise these wonderful writers want to throw at them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

I've been wondering the same thing. Like what is the next surprise these wonderful writers want to throw at them. 

Leslie Winkle didn't take her Pill the night she was considering having children with Leonard. The consequence is now in gifted school and its carers are demanding years of back child-support to cover the expenses of raising a brainbox.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

If we’re gonna blame the writers for retconning the Leonard boat kiss BS then let’s apply the same to Penny’s “secrets”. More BS. The Halloween thing is either ridiculous or understandable. Season 2 could have been when Leonard was dating so why would she, S3 could have been post breakup so why would she and S4 could have been Priya era so why would she? Every other year since they’re together so of course he would have been there. So I just don’t hang much on Penny for this. It’s BS writing to continue the Lenny drama of S12. And if we’re not retconning I think Leonard has held more secrets of importance than Penny has.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of it is writers BS.   BTW:

Season two, Leonard wasn't dating anyone, Halloween was a month before Leonard started dating Stephanie

Season three, Leonard was with Penny and  Halloween was well before they broking up in April.  

Season four,  Leonard wasn't dating,, Halloween was three months before Leonard Started Dating Priya.

You might have a point in Season 5, Leonard broke up with Priya around Halloween.  

The rest of it, 👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All of it is writers BS.   BTW:
Season two, Leonard wasn't dating anyone, Halloween was a month before Leonard started dating Stephanie
Season three, Leonard was with Penny and  Halloween was well before they broking up in April.  
Season four,  Leonard wasn't dating,, Halloween was three months before Leonard Started Dating Priya.
You might have a point in Season 5, Leonard broke up with Priya around Halloween.  
The rest of it, [emoji106]

I binged watched all those seasons plus Aus is behind schedule so didn’t match dates in US. That’s why I said could. Thanks for the accurate update[emoji1303]knew you would.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Itwasdestined said:


I binged watched all those seasons plus Aus is behind schedule so didn’t match dates in US. That’s why I said could. Thanks for the accurate updateemoji1303.pngknew you would.

Well, as you know, I take after Leonard as far as being pedantic.  If you go to each season separately, in Wikipedia, they give the dates it was broadcast.  Of course, that bit of arcane knowledge isn't usually useful.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, as you know, I take after Leonard as far as being pedantic.  If you go to each season separately, in Wikipedia, they give the dates it was broadcast.  Of course, that bit of arcane knowledge isn't usually useful.  

Neither is knowing every capital city in the world and every element in the the periodic table but it didn’t stop me cramming that in my memory![emoji12]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:


Neither is knowing every capital city in the world and every element in the the periodic table but it didn’t stop me cramming that in my memory!emoji12.png
 

When someone tells me I'm smart because of all the arcane facts I have (with my good memory also), I simply tell them I just know a lot of useless facts.  

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

When someone tells me I'm smart because of all the arcane facts I have (with my good memory also), I simply tell them I just know a lot of useless facts.  

s_266.gif.f2071442d6c172d8cbb4f149315a7230.gif

...expressed in a loveable kind of way! 😉

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Leslie Winkle didn't take her Pill the night she was considering having children with Leonard. The consequence is now in gifted school and its carers are demanding years of back child-support to cover the expenses of raising a brain box.

Don't go giving those writers any ideas. They are looking for ways to mess with Lenny!  😊

HALLOWEEN on TBBT tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

My problem here is I Think Penny gets some really unfair treatment from fans. Like seems to be a sense that she was on the right track last season. But now she has fallen off the wagon. And now is mean to Leonard. Heck girl cannot catch a break. What is she a recovery addict? LOL. This aint Mom. I mean heck Shes not Leonards Mother. Its not her job to mother him and coddle him. I mean heck not even his own mother does that LOL. So I guess Leonard is attracted to strong woman. But my point is I Dont think Penny needs to proove anything. Shes been with Leonard since S5. Thats over 7 years. Forgave him almost instantly when he dropped the Mandy Bombshell. So I am not saying Pennys tone is great. .I think it is a writing issue. But I just find alot of it is imbalanced in presentation. Leonard should be getting the same scrutiny from the show, and fans alike. I Feel like Leonard is an abuse victim. And Penny reguarly emotionally and physically abuses him. I mean thats not reality. But it seems to be the perception. I Think she is fine. I dont see any real difference from her from last season. But like said it is a Marrige. Both are guilty for contributing to the complacency in their relationship. So wheres Leonards progress?

I call her out when I think she's done something wrong of course but I will defend her if I think she is being unfairly criticised.  But it's true I like Penny way more than Leonard, always have.

I don't see anything seriously wrong or outrageous with how she is written this season, of course if I actually shipped them I might feel differently, if you ship a couple you want it to be nice and rosy and want to see special, beautiful things happen between them all the time.  I once had to wait 7 freaking seasons for a kiss between a couple on another show that I have shipped more than any other.

In terms of her forgetting the kiss, well I can understand to a degree why she did she was intoxicated and the actual party was a mess.  As far as things she could have forgotten this feels pretty low on the list, I could imagine a number of moments over the years between them (when they were in a relationship and aware of the nature of the relationship and the feelings between them) that if she had forgotten about them would have caused a much bigger outcry and perhaps rightly so.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.