Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, Jonny said:

One of the things I have taken away from this season is that there is a real lack of 'friendship' overall this season compared to seasons past.  I think as the show has gotten older you have seen signs of this tight-knit group slowly starting to fray around the edges a bit and come a bit lose, maybe that's just life?

Friendship has always been at the very core of the show and if I was Lorre or Prady I would want the lasting legacy of the show to be the theme of friendship and camaraderie. This should be a final season full of great friendship moments and yet it's severely lacking on that front in my view and it's not like the storylines haven't provided an opportunity to do so, see for example how Bernadette, Sheldon and Amy and the lack of support they gave during the Leonard and Penny baby discussions as one example.

Also conflict and friction this season seems to be almost exclusively internally driven from the confines of their group, I think in past seasons you would see more external pressure/influences leading to their friends rallying around them.  I think they need to have more challenges externally that they react to, need advice from friends and deal with.

This season just needs to pick up.

No, Jonny, it is simply bad writing. BTW, I agree with your whole post.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol well Either mad with Penny or Kaley. I just dont see any evidence Penny should be behaving any different than she is. Has Penny ever been the romantic type? Nope. I am sorry if this is confusing some (Based on those emojis I received). But I Dont subscribe to the narrative. ITs all doom and gloom. Pennys tone is what it is. But to me insults is Criticism. I just dont think Penny having a slightly snarky tone as anything more than a writing issue. I just think its been blown out of proportion. I fail to see why I should angry by the fact Penny hosted Halloween parties. OR reinforcing a narrative she threw Leonard a Bday party, cos she felt bad for him. Wasent that always the case? Anyway LOl. Well see how the episode holds up. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol well Either mad with Penny or Kaley. I just dont see any evidence Penny should be behaving any different than she is. Has Penny ever been the romantic type? Nope. I am sorry if this is confusing some (Based on those emojis I received). But I Dont subscribe to the narrative. ITs all doom and gloom. Pennys tone is what it is. But to me insults is Criticism. I just dont think Penny having a slightly snarky tone as anything more than a writing issue. I just think its been blown out of proportion. I fail to see why I should angry by the fact Penny hosted Halloween parties. OR reinforcing a narrative she threw Leonard a Bday party, cos she felt bad for him. Wasent that always the case? Anyway LOl. Well see how the episode holds up. 

Maybe you don’t get to see the clips like we do but throwing up at her season 1 party she remembers. Kissing Leonardshe doesn’t. It’s not a question of being romantic it’s more about not being nice. Her other parties make no sense since she lives across the hall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vonmar said:

 

How can that be Ginsberg? He not sleeping lol 

I thought tonight Episode was funny. THis is why you watch the whole Episode and not just trailer/clips. Penny reasoning for not remembering the kids made sense and she did remember their first kiss. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

...THis is why you watch the whole Episode and not just trailer/clips. Penny reasoning for not remembering the kids made sense and she did remember their first kiss. 

thumbup6.gif.39243538d2c27ace0d4e97c4d6b4133f.gif

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

I really enjoyed the episode. Glad to find out that Penny did remember the kiss and her reasons for saying she didn't was perfect. Thought Amy was upset with the wrong person. Howard, IMO, did nothing wrong as Sheldon was upset at the guys laughing. She should have talked to Leonard and Raj.  Still it was refreshing to watch a ensemble episode that was actually funny. Hopefully this is a sign of good and funny episodes are coming.  😊

 😊👍

  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chucky said:

I really enjoyed the episode. Glad to find out that Penny did remember the kiss and her reasons for saying she didn't was perfect. Thought Amy was upset with the wrong person. Howard, IMO, did nothing wrong as Sheldon was upset at the guys laughing. She should have talked to Leonard and Raj.  Still it was refreshing to watch a ensemble episode that was actually funny. Hopefully this is a sign of good and funny episodes are coming.  😊

Yeah. Amy can't always go around demanding that people be tame in front of Sheldon when he himself can't distinguish between what's appropriate to say and what's not. Well, the writers choice again. 🙄

Edited by veejay
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, veejay said:

Yeah. Amy can't always go around demanding that people be tame in front of Sheldon when he himself can't distinguish between what's appropriate to say and what's not. Well, the writers choice again. 🙄

The bold: Well, that's the crux of the whole character, isn't it? Always has been, always will be.

The kicker about this episode was though that Howard and Bernadette were the same - "Let the Whookie win!" and all that. I thought it was a nice parallel.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

The bold: Well, that's the crux of the whole character, isn't it? Always has been, always will be.

Oh, people proclaim he's evolving all the time. Well, he is now married...

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, veejay said:

Oh, people proclaim he's evolving all the time. Well, he is now married...

There are things about him that he can't change and some that he can. Intuitively knowing exactly when and what something is appropriate to say is not one of the things he'll ever get right and that's not what people talk about when they say "he's evolving".

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 1:48 PM, chucky said:

Where the heck is Gablehouser?

By giving Leonard the authorization to allot grant money can this be a prelude to the university offering Leonard the chairmanship of the Physics dept.?

  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mario D. said:

By giving Leonard the authorization to allot grant money can this be a prelude to the university offering Leonard the chairmanship of the Physics dept.?

I hope so, but we shall see. Sheldon will probably have a hissy fit .

Just now, Swedish Chef said:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but it seems like it's the best episode so far in season 12.

It most definitely is the best so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, Tensor said:

 

Leonard's feeling for her haven't changed since they first met.     Love or infatuation really no difference.    However, you may be right, it obviously wasn't important  to Leonard at all. 

 

But TPTB have addressed it.  They weren't complacent in the relationship in season six and seven.  There writers have addressed it by purposely writing them as  having a shitty attitude towards each other and the put down and snarky comments the say to each other.   TPTB think it's all funny.   

 

Think that is Molaro's influence. He believes conflict is funny.  Yes, it is but not every episode.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Think that is Molaro's influence. He believes conflict is funny.  Yes, it is but not every episode.

BINGO!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, veejay said:

Yeah. Amy can't always go around demanding that people be tame in front of Sheldon when he himself can't distinguish between what's appropriate to say and what's not. Well, the writers choice again. 🙄

Where is it written that Amy should be the reasonable one. She is many steps ahead of Sheldon but often odd in her reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Where is it written that Amy should be the reasonable one. She is many steps ahead of Sheldon but often odd in her reactions.

As I said earlier, Amy went to the wrong person. Sheldon was not upset so much at Howard as he was with Leonard and Raj as they were laughing. The laughter is what was upsetting to Sheldon. But, that wouldn't have been funny so the writers went the route of the best comedy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chucky said:

As I said earlier, Amy went to the wrong person. Sheldon was not upset so much at Howard as he was with Leonard and Raj as they were laughing. The laughter is what was upsetting to Sheldon. But, that wouldn't have been funny so the writers went the route of the best comedy!

Ok, here comes your sign.

sarcasm.gif.374f937ebcea5128d3beb6127d40e9b3.gif

You’re welcome. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, veejay said:

@vonmar I like to propose a toast! :drinks:

vonmar.gif.9b1ea4c71668b7083e24a80168412eea.gif
 
I hope you're having a happy time. 🎂

Happy birthday :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.