The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

If sheldon doesn't get it Leonard would be added to his enemy list i would think. Possibly Amy would give him heck too

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like Sheldon is in the running according to the left board. It only has three projecs/leaders: Kripke, Koothrappali and Lee.

• Like 3

If that is so, then Lee will get it! Just MHO.

If the scores on the whiteboard mean anything Kripke is comfortably out in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Koala Face 1

7 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

If the scores on the whiteboard mean anything Kripke is comfortably out in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but Leonard knows that Kripke doesn't use Grant money on his scientific work. He's probably making it look like he's doing his diligence in finding who should get the money, then take it himself!  8)

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If people aren't used to the idea of TPTB seeing Penny as a drunk by now I'm not sure which show they've been watching. They love to play with the idea of Penny being a heavy drinker. I say it's on Leonard. He should know she doesn't remember stuff when she's been drinking.

Maybe because not all fans are Lenny fans!

My comments about Penny were before the episode aired. I was obviously wrong after it aired.

i get not all fans are Lenny fans.  But Not all be love that other ship either. But even at this point I would feel bad if coitus had never happened

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but Leonard knows that Kripke doesn't use Grant money on his scientific work. He's probably making it look like he's doing his diligence in finding who should get the money, then take it himself!  8)

If you were playing the game hot/cold you would be very warm right now. Close but not quite correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, dogmom1970 said:

If you were playing the game hot/cold you would be very warm right now. Close but not quite correct.

Need a little more data than that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

If I remember correctly I've read somewhere, possibly in the official press release, there is a character in the episode expressly called Dr. Lee. It should be a woman, and in fact there is a woman talking with Kripke and the gang in a promo pic at the Caltech cafeteria.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mirs1 said:

If I remember correctly I've read somewhere, possibly in the official press release, there is a character in the episode expressly called Dr. Lee. It should be a woman, and in fact there is a woman talking with Kripke and the gang in a promo pic at the Caltech cafeteria.

Sheldon is scared of birds. Perhaps we will get to see a petrified Sheldon fleeing the bird...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sah said:

Sheldon is scared of birds. Perhaps we will get to see a petrified Sheldon fleeing the bird...

Oh well, he grew fond of  the blue jay, once he got to know it, possibly he will end up liking the crow too, if he indeed interacts with it during the episode, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

Oh well, he grew fond of  the blue jay, once he got to know it, possibly he will end up liking the crow too, if he indeed interacts with him during the episode, LOL!

I remember Lovey Dovey! That was too funny. You are right, perhaps he won't be scared then...

1 hour ago, dogmom1970 said:

Thank you for the information! Always nice to get a sneak into what happens BTS...

That’s not how the game is played and you know it. But as a prize for being close, here is some bts from the taping. Johnny still curses when he messes up a line. Granted, the soliloquy he had was rather long and complex and he was 2/3rds of the way through it when he messed up but you could have heard a pin drop in the soundstage before we all in the audience burst into laughter. Also, since the cat is out of the bag that the 3D chess set is back, Jim knocked part of it over during the scene when collecting the chess pieces. I was actually surprised to see it wasn’t more securely put together. Time between takes for that one was a bit longer as the set was put back together. Also, I noticed Jim seemed to limp when getting up and moving from behind the coffee table. My guess would be the ankle still bothers him when moving in a lateral fashion instead of straight forward. I can’t comment on how he moved when introduced before and after as I could not see. I was 3rd row lining up with the downstairs steps of the hallway and I am 5 foot 5 inches tall and many of the VIPs in the two rows in front of me are decidedly taller than me and the Audiences stands for those.

• Koala Face 1

34 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I was wondering who Dr Lee was. First time I remember hearing that name.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chucky said:

I just remember...

L: So who's Stan Lee?
P: Um, he was on Star Trek.
L: No.
P: Star Wars?
L: No. Um, Stan Lee.
P: Oh, he was in those goofy kung fu movies you love so much?
L: That's Bruce Lee.
P: Oh.

S3 / The Excelsior Acquisition

👀

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, veejay said:

I just remember...

L: So who's Stan Lee?
P: Um, he was on Star Trek.
L: No.
P: Star Wars?
L: No. Um, Stan Lee.
P: Oh, he was in those goofy kung fu movies you love so much?
L: That's Bruce Lee.
P: Oh.

S3 / The Excelsior Acquisition

👀

I know you're joking. That Stan Lee is not working at CalTech. The Lee mentioned has to be a scientist doing research at the University. 😁

24 minutes ago, chucky said:

No idea, I imagine one of the countless co-worker of the guys at Caltech, I highly doubt we'll never hear about her after this episode. Anyway, she seems more a biologist than a physicist, in the pic @veejay Kindly posted a while ago, in the cons for her project one can read "Biology is already well funded" (or something close to that...)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

No idea, I imagine one of the countless co-worker of the guys at Caltech, I highly doubt we'll never hear about her after this episode. Anyway, she seems more a biologist than a physicist, in the pic @veejay Kindly posted a while ago, in the cons for her project one can read "Biology is already well funded" (or something close to that...)

That's what I was thinking. A one and done character. 

23 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

That’s my major gripe with the show as a whole. Is the lack of science in the show since s6. I really miss the guys doing an experiment.

Not that I like the direction the show has gone into since S6 by any stretch of the imagination, but your statement is incorrect. There was a story arc that  depicted the guys working in the guidance system for the military, and that was after S6 and involved the science by the guys. Also I don't remember exactly what it was but wasn't there a project by Leonard and Sheldon as well? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Not that I like the direction the show has gone into since S6 by any stretch of the imagination, but your statement is incorrect. There was a story arc that  depicted the guys working in the guidance system for the military, and that was after S6 and involved the science by the guys. Also I don't remember exactly what it was but wasn't there a project by Leonard and Sheldon as well? 

Soooo, soo true!

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Yes the Guidance System plot. Sorry my bad. However that was S9 from what I recall. Sheldon did sell the system to the millitary behind the guys backs from what I recall. Their was the Bitcoin plot. Although that was a reference back to S3. That again Sheldon screwed the guys over. I guess I was more referring to the lack of Science in the Dialogue. Like the String Theory Dialogue in S2. Also fun experiements like this 

latest?cb=20130719131900

Edited by 3ku11

I'm glad they are not working together on anything at the moment, if they were they would probably be bickering, fighting and potentially backstabbing each other on the evidence of this season so far and watering down their friendships for the sake of cheap comedy. It's just not my cup of tea, especially after 12 seasons.

I'm still waiting for this season to show signs of going out with a bang, one that reflects its greatness because this show is great and has meant a huge amount to me.  Going out with a whimper would be very disappointing.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm glad they are not working together on anything at the moment, if they were they would probably be bickering, fighting and potentially backstabbing each other on the evidence of this season so far and watering down their friendships for the sake of cheap comedy. It's just not my cup of tea, especially after 12 seasons.

I'm still waiting for this season to show signs of going out with a bang, one that reflects its greatness because this show is great and has meant a huge amount to me.  Going out with a whimper would be very disappointing.

Sometimes they manage to surprise, like with Howard and Raj ending up praising each other instead of trying to upstage one another, or last season when Leonard and Sheldon ended up working together to get the venue from Kripke - that was something that we haven't seen much in the latest seasons.

I think Howard and Raj still look like clode friends; and Leonard and Howard also seem to be good friends, no BFFs but there's a flow and kind of equal grouns there. Leonard and Sheldon, IMO, do not seem like good friends lately, let alone best friends.  Now, IRL friends do grow apart, and it would make sense for these to to grow apart. But that's not what the show is saying. They keep saying they're best friends, but I don't buy it. I don't like it when writers want me to believe two characters are close just because they say so. You want me to believe they're best friends? Show it. This is a problem for this show not only when it comes to friendships, but also relationships. And not only do they not show the supposed affection, many times they show the characters being at odds with each other and crossing too many lines. "But, this is a comedy!", well, yes, but there are many other shows or movies that prove you can write a comedy AND show affection between characters. In fact, in early TBBT I did believe Leonard and Sheldon were close friends. Yes, Sheldon drove Leonard crazy, yes, Leonard poked fun at him and went far with some of his comments, but they also seemed to help and enjoy each other. Nowadays? not really.

JMO

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, bfm said:

Sometimes they manage to surprise, like with Howard and Raj ending up praising each other instead of trying to upstage one another, or last season when Leonard and Sheldon ended up working together to get the venue from Kripke - that was something that we haven't seen much in the latest seasons.

I think Howard and Raj still look like clode friends; and Leonard and Howard also seem to be good friends, no BFFs but there's a flow and kind of equal grouns there. Leonard and Sheldon, IMO, do not seem like good friends lately, let alone best friends.  Now, IRL friends do grow apart, and it would make sense for these to to grow apart. But that's not what the show is saying. They keep saying they're best friends, but I don't buy it. I don't like it when writers want me to believe two characters are close just because they say so. You want me to believe they're best friends? Show it. This is a problem for this show not only when it comes to friendships, but also relationships. And not only do they not show the supposed affection, many times they show the characters being at odds with each other and crossing too many lines. "But, this is a comedy!", well, yes, but there are many other shows or movies that prove you can write a comedy AND show affection between characters. In fact, in early TBBT I did believe Leonard and Sheldon were close friends. Yes, Sheldon drove Leonard crazy, yes, Leonard poked fun at him and went far with some of his comments, but they also seemed to help and enjoy each other. Nowadays? not really.

JMO

Howard and Raj is very different, their 'bromance' is a big source of comedy, true it's not as strong as they were when they were both single, the show really played on their bromance a lot back then for comedy.  But when they fall out there is always the potential there for a big bromance moment and reconciliation for comedy purposes.

I think with the rest of the guys it's more banter, annoying and to rag on each other, occasionally you would get them being supportive for each other but not really much over the past couple of seasons.

If you could give me something like Veracity Elasticity or Troll Manifestation when you had Sheldon and Leonard uniting for a cause or a situation which was fun and enjoyable to see then I would take it. But we don't get stories like that anymore.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bfm said:

JMO

I agree! It seems Sheldon and Leonard are basically just friends not best friends. I don't think they've ever been best friends. Leonard has tried in the past. Sheldon has treated the guys more as minions than friends. Sorta like friends for the benefit of Sheldon. I believe Leonard and Penny are best friends as are Shamy and Howardette. Rai is best friends with Cinnamon. Penny and the girls act like friends. The guys not so much. There is way too much mocking and insensitivity between them for the sake of comedy!

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I agree, hopefully this last episode (Halloween), is the start of going out with a bang! I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bfm said:

They keep saying they're best friends, but I don't buy it.

They keep saying it because neither of them has a better friend.

7 hours ago, chucky said:

I don't think they've ever been best friends.

They have both said they were in the past.

• Like 1