The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

On 8/3/2018 at 10:12 PM, Nogravitasatall said:

More about preference than anything really. I’m nostalgic for when Ms Cuoco  and Mr Galecki were leads, and not in minor supporting roles. And contrast the treatment of the three weddings of the three fictional couples. The characters Leonard and Penny were degraded by the North Sea debacle and further minimised by webcam wedding. And none of it was comedic, which can be an excuse for cringeworthy situations.  It was a unfunny disaster. Sheldon got a dream run, and a happy ending. As a fan of the unlikely pair - WTF!

So I’m biased. The show can’t ever make amends for that, because they have been so successful with Sheldon as hero, juvenile as he is, and the slightly more adult situation of mis-matched Leonard and Penny is harder to write for and less broadly appealing. Maybe they can write them more into the foreground  now the Sheldon/Amy arc is concluded. What are the odds.

But the tone is set. It’s going to be an immature pre-teen coping with married life. I shake my head at the juxtaposition of Sheldon-as-unknowing-goshdarnit-I’m-just-a-big-kid with Sheldon the petal throwing romancer. It’s unsettling. And Amy goes for it. Hmmm, unsettling again. Nyet spacibo! as Donald might say. :) 

Really, I want Sheldon back in his box, but that’s never going to happen.

So let’s see what s12 gives us. Much to further bitch about I guess, but hey.

Cannot have said it any better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I thought the funniest scene in the finale episode was when  Teller made a hanging gesture when someone made a remark to him (Don't quite remember what it was)

Love Teller. Loved that scene and when he said "Thank You".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

TV line has an article about CBS in preliminary negotiations for season 13.  Some one asked Bill Prady on Twitter about his involvement and this is his explanation of the process .  “It starts with a discussion between the network that airs the series (CBS) and the studio that produces it (Warner).  After the network expresses interest, a series of simultaneous negotiations begin (network<->studio, studio<->cast/creatives).  Renewal is dependent on all deals.”  I know The process has been discussed here before.  Prady indicates that he is not involved in the talks (yet).  

I remember the process from earlier years. Thanks for reminding us.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Hopefully they show up and Leonard/Penny send them to the honeymooners location. That way they can annoy the hell out of them, as is appropriate. 

I don't think Amy would tell her mother where the honeymoon would be in fear she would go there and put her in the "Sin Closet".  :sungum:

34 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Teller made a hanging gesture when someone made a remark to him (Don't quite remember what it was)

When they first entered 4A Amy hugged her mother and as they hugged she asked  her dad how he was doing then he made the gesture. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, chucky said:

I thought they were in driving distance. Did they move?

Do we know where they currently live, though? Sheldon has mentioned Amy being from Glendale, and one of Amy's aunts lives in Bakersfield. Penny went to retrieve Amy's parents for the wedding, which made me think that they flew in. I suppose that Penny picking them up, even if they were within driving distance, could have just been a way of having them in a scene together for comedic purposes.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

When they first entered 4A Amy hugged her mother and as they hugged she asked  her dad how he was doing then he made the gesture. 

THANKS

4 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

But why don't we see Leonard's dad or Penny's mother interact more with the gang ?

I've asked for Leonard's dad to come back a lot myself.  Maybe now that they've cancelled Superior Donuts we've got a shot at it. I couldn't care less about Penny's parents. But Mary, Alfred and Beverly I could watch every week.

3 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

It may be that Amy's parents missed their flight.

Yes, it could be weather related, or any number of things. We'll know soon,

9 minutes ago, Burberry said:

To them "it shows no signs of slowing down." If they feel that way I find it interesting.

• Like 2

What I found interesting was Bill Prady's reaction(and I quote from twitter:

Huh

And, of course, this

43 minutes ago, Burberry said:

YES I KNEW IT!!!!

yet again CBS proves us wrong 

Can you get specific on exactly who "Us" is?  

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

If they have two more seasons, surely they have to have Lenny and Shamy moving into houses and beginning adult lives ? Am I the only one who thinks forty is old enough for any man to stop living in a bachelor pad ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

If they have two more seasons, surely they have to have Lenny and Shamy moving into houses and beginning adult lives ? Am I the only one who thinks forty is old enough for any man to stop living in a bachelor pad ? 

I thought they should have moved out in season 9,  season 10 at the latest.  

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

IMO they are not going to get rid of the 4A-hallway-4B standing sets until the series finale.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

IMO they are not going to get rid of the 4A-hallway-4B standing sets until the series finale.

How dreary is that ? You may be right. I fear you are. I hope you are not.  Many thought Sheldon would never leave 4A but he did. Howard looked as though he'd never leave his mother's house but he did. Even Raj gave up his luxury apartment complete with maid service and now lives over a garage.

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Howard looked as though he'd never leave his mother's house but he did

Now he's back there again with his wife, kids and nanny (Stuart).  Just can't get rid of him!  😊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

How dreary is that ? You may be right. I fear you are. I hope you are not.  Many thought Sheldon would never leave 4A but he did. Howard looked as though he'd never leave his mother's house but he did. Even Raj gave up his luxury apartment complete with maid service and now lives over a garage.

Sheldon moved across the hall into 4B, not to a new apartment/building.

Raj's apartment, Bernie's apartment, H/B house and Raj's garage apartment are all swing sets. 

To me, it's not the same thing. 4A/4B have existed since the pilot and are the hub of the familiarity of the show.

• Like 6

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:57 AM, Zephon75 said:

That's the thing which I finding annoying The Shamy are on honeymoon , but instead of giving the rest of the group there own stories. Instead by the sound of it they're going to pestered by Amy's parents instead. I mean why the heck are her parents even there if Amy and Sheldon are on honeymoon, it comes across as they have no intention of doing anything with the rest of the group without Shamy being there. So decided to lump them altogether in one plot with her parents.  Also I bet Lennies anniversary is ignored.

To be centered on just one couple  to the expense of all the other cast members simply makes them bad writers.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, chucky said:

Love Teller. Loved that scene and when he said "Thank You".

Maybe he could call Penn and they could both make Shamy disappear.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

39 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon moved across the hall into 4B, not to a new apartment/building.

Raj's apartment, Bernie's apartment, H/B house and Raj's garage apartment are all swing sets. 

To me, it's not the same thing. 4A/4B have existed since the pilot and are the hub of the familiarity of the show.

I agree!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

What I found interesting was Bill Prady's reaction(and I quote from twitter:

Huh

And, of course, this

Can you get specific on exactly who "Us" is?  

It might be that WB/CBS have not come to an agreement yet.  The article did say talks were preliminary. I guess they will advise Prady and Lorre when they are set.   Of course Prady could be playing possum

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Carlos said:

To be centered on just one couple  to the expense of all the other cast members dimply makes them bad writers.

Maybe he could call Penn and they could both make Shamy disappear.

They are very talented magicians, they should be able to make that happen!. Maybe some of their friends could make shamy an offer they couldn't refuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

It might be that WB/CBS have not come to an agreement yet.  The article did say talks were preliminary. I guess they will advise Prady and Lorre when they are set.   Of course Prady could be playing possum

It does show us where the talks are.  As Bill said.   First CBS and Warner Brothers have to come to an agreement.  Then, Warner Brothers has to come to an agreement with the producers, the writers, the crew and the cast.  The crew may not be too difficult, as they work for Warner Brothers.   Those that don't, and the writers work for Chuck Lorre's production company, so that is who they work through.   The tricky part could be the cast.  Obviously, if they all come back, there is no problem.   If there are some who don't want to continue, how many could they lose and still call it TBBT?  Raj?   Howardette?  Shamy?  Lenny?  Or what if they don't lose a couple but individuals, which ones and/or how many.  They might be able to get around someone leaving if they agree to make guest appearances.    I have  a sneaking suspicion that the continuation of the show is going to come down to which and how many of the actors are coming back.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I have  a sneaking suspicion that the continuation of the show is going to come down to which and how many of the actors are coming back.  

And the main ones, in my opinion, are Johnny and Kaley. It wouldn't be TBBT without them!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Then its riduclous. It is like in Friends if it was a bunch of 50 year olds hanging out with their kids in a coffee house.

As for S13. I agree I think it well come down to how many of the actors are willing to return. I think Johnny may need some convincing. I did hear last time Simon and Kunal were close to not resigning. I Wonder could they do the show without them? I think they could without Raj. Problem with Howard. IS clearly Bernadette/Mellissa. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1