The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

The peripheral characters on this show are all so good.

They could give some of the regulars a week off and have some of the parents - Raj's, Leonard's, Amy's, Bernadett's, Howard's brother, whatever.

The parents on the show are really great.  Who would have guessed that Amy's parents would be so much fun?  I sure wouldn't have done so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Thought "Turnip"" and "Old Lady Green Beans" were hilarious names for the Fowlers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smartandbeautiful said:

After the new episode I'm really excited about Raj's wedding. I mean, I'm still not a fan of Anu, cause their relationship are rushed, but guess we just have to deal with that, since this is the last season. Anyway, wedding on Valentine's Day - this is so Raj!! I'm just happy for the guy ☺️ and kinda hope for the Lenny/Priya interaction at the wedding 😅

Arranged-marriage relationships often seem 'rushed' on the surface.. That's because the early stages before going out with somebody and becoming boyfriend/girlfriend are missed out. They know exactly why they've been introduced and make the decision to explore the relationship or not soon after meeting. The conversation Raj and Anu had, for example, on their first date might take the rest of us months or longer.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Sorry but I am a little confused here.  So the next episode to be shown (next week) was only taped his Tuesday? Is that right?   Is that common? And they are not taping next week (I think) so they have nothing ready to go?  Also , Johnny’s left hand is not hidden but he clearly doesn’t have a brace or cast.  Maybe I am confused about what spoilers are for what week.

The answer is simple, Ms Greentea. The interval between a taping of TBBT and a broadcast seems to vary from four weeks to nine days, depending on what time of year it is. That's assuming episodes are  broadcast  in taping order. In the USA the TV companies miss episodes out some weeks and show a repeat. They show 24  episodes over about 36 weeks. In TBBT terms it means  there is always at least one episode of TBBT in the can. It's also how we in UK catch them up although we start three or four weeks later.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

The answer is simple, Ms Greentea. The interval between a taping of TBBT and a broadcast seems to vary from four weeks to nine days, depending on what time of year it is. That's assuming episodes are  broadcast  in taping order. In the USA the TV companies miss episodes out some weeks and show a repeat. They show 24  episodes over about 36 weeks. In TBBT terms it means  there is always at least one episode of TBBT in the can. It's also how we in UK catch them up although we start three or four weeks later.

I just didn’t’t think they would run it that close.  If they are showing them in order, they must have a bunch of repeats planned as they will have nothing ready to go after next Thursday and don’t tape again until Nov 20 (and then skip another week).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I just didn’t’t think they would run it that close.  If they are showing them in order, they must have a bunch of repeats planned as they will have nothing ready to go after next Thursday and don’t tape again until Nov 20 (and then skip another week).

Could well be. One of the Thursdays is their Thanksgiving and they don't show new episodes.

• Like 1

Even though I already posted a taping report, here is the official press release:

BIG BANG THEORY, THE
Air Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-8:31 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: "The Citation Negation"

SHELDON AND AMY'S SCIENTIFIC THEORY HITS A WALL, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, NOV. 15

"The Citation Negation" - Sheldon and Amy are devastated after learning from a Russian paper that Super Asymmetry has already been discovered and disproven. Also, ultra-competitive Bernadette asks Stuart's girlfriend, Denise (Lauren Lapkus), to teach her how to beat Howard in a popular videogame, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:

Lauren Lapkus (Denise)

STORY BY: Eric Kaplan, Tara Hernandez, Jeremy Howe

TELEPLAY BY: Steve Holland, Dave Goetsch, Maria Ferrari

DIRECTED BY: Kristy Cecil

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 11/9/2018 at 9:54 AM, Shelldon said:

P.S. Anu needs to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and tell me she still hates music...

YES! Virtual high-five!

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, smartandbeautiful said:

After the new episode I'm really excited about Raj's wedding. I mean, I'm still not a fan of Anu, cause their relationship are rushed, but guess we just have to deal with that, since this is the last season. Anyway, wedding on Valentine's Day - this is so Raj!! I'm just happy for the guy ☺️ and kinda hope for the Lenny/Priya interaction at the wedding 😅

I couldn't care less. After all, ...it's Raj.

I am a little confused about one thing: In Kev0821's post it say the upcoming episode will be directed by Kristy Cecil . I know that all the episodes were directed by Mark Cendrowski. Apparently that's no longer the case. has he moved to YS or what happened? Sorry if this is old news, but I'm curious. Thanks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I couldn't care less. After all, ...it's Raj.

I am a little confused about one thing: In Kev0821's post it say the upcoming episode will be directed by Kristy Cecil . I know that all the episodes were directed by Mark Cendrowski. Apparently that's no longer the case. has he moved to YS or what happened? Sorry if this is old news, but I'm curious. Thanks.

There have been some episodes directed by Niki Lorre, perhaps every once in a (long) while Cendrowski is not available.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Yes, the crew celebrated Kristy Cecil and her directing of the episode. Kaley even took a few photos with her. Perhaps she'll post them on her Instagram account this week. Mark Cendrowski has taken time off from directing the show in the past. It may just be a scheduled break or perhaps he is also working on something else.

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Yes, the crew celebrated Kristy Cecil and her directing of the episode. Kaley even took a few photos with her. Perhaps she'll post them on her Instagram account this week. Mark Cendrowski has taken time off from directing the show in the past. It may just be a scheduled break or perhaps he is also working on something else.

Thanks so much for your continuing insight @Kev0821 ! You are our TBBT rock star!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bfm said:

There have been some episodes directed by Niki Lorre, perhaps every once in a (long) while Cendrowski is not available.

OK. thank you

Edited by chucky

34 minutes ago, veejay said:

s_363.gif.4af543cbc18888ae3111837b281c0c8e.gif

Holy…crap…on a cracker! 😮

That how I feel when I am doing Genealogy/Family History research and can't seem break that  one pesky brick wall lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

That how I feel when I am doing Genealogy/Family History research and can't seem break that  one pesky brick wall lol

Yep, my sister is the same way!

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:54 AM, Shelldon said:

P.S. Anu needs to watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and tell me she still hates music...

I don't understand how anyone could hate music.  I can't function without music.
I want Anu to see A Star Is Born or Bohemian Rhapsody and tell me she still hates music.  If y'all haven't seen these yet, go see them ASAP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

I don't understand how anyone could hate music.  I can't function without music.
I want Anu to see A Star Is Born or Bohemian Rhapsody and tell me she still hates music.  If y'all haven't seen these yet, go see them ASAP.

That's the beauty of comedy, it only has to make sense and be funny to the writers!

5 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes! This is a bit intense....

Just a little Cooper overreaction!  :hi:

Edited by chucky