The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

The point IMO was that she also haf something that people may find "not right" with her, like Raj has his mutism.

I liked that scene a lot, what was bothering me was that I felt it didn't flow well, which may be in part due to pacing but I think was more due to performance. Kunal and Rati don't have much time to work on their dynamics, but I hope it will get better, it was better in the Halloween episode IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bfm said:

The point IMO was that she also haf something that people may find "not right" with her, like Raj has his mutism.

I liked that scene a lot, what was bothering me was that I felt it didn't flow well, which may be in part due to pacing but I think was more due to performance. Kunal and Rati don't have much time to work on their dynamics, but I hope it will get better, it was better in the Halloween episode IMO.

I hope she wouldn't make Raj feel he had to stop having music on around the house. I tend these days to have spoken word broad casts or podcasts on more often than music, but I can't imagine living with somebody who'd condemn me to headphones or earphones for the rest of my life.

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I hope she wouldn't make Raj feel he had to stop having music on around the house. I tend these days to have spoken word broad casts or podcasts on more often than music, but I can't imagine living with somebody who'd condemn me to headphones or earphones for the rest of my life.

I would agree, but as @bfm said they just came up with something to balance the mutism and we all know Raj is into pop music so they used that.  I don't t think it will come up again on the show just like his mutism.

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I liked that scene a lot, what was bothering me was that I felt it didn't flow well, which may be in part due to pacing but I think was more due to performance. Kunal and Rati don't have much time to work on their dynamics, but I hope it will get better, it was better in the Halloween episode IMO.

I'm slowly warming to her I think, but I don't see much chemistry there between the actors.  From a character standpoint, I certainly haven't seen enough yet to think that them getting married is the right move.  Right now I am kind of hoping they decide to be together and explore their relationship further but not get married as it's too soon, then in the flashforward at the end of the final episode you find out they got married.

But i'm clearly in the minority on that, reviews, other fan forums and social media are all in on the Raj/Anu relationship and want a wedding.

Ultimately I think we will get a wedding, probably something that plays on the whole Bollywood thing and Indian culture.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would agree, but as @bfm said they just came up with something to balance the mutism and we all know Raj is into pop music so they used that.  I don't t think it will come up again on the show just like his mutism.

I'm slowly warming to her I think, but I don't see much chemistry there between the actors.  From a character standpoint, I certainly haven't seen enough yet to think that them getting married is the right move.  Right now I am kind of hoping they decide to be together and explore their relationship further but not get married as it's too soon, then in the flashforward at the end of the final episode you find out they got married.

But i'm clearly in the minority on that, reviews, other fan forums and social media are all in on the Raj/Anu relationship and want a wedding.

Ultimately I think we will get a wedding, probably something that plays on the whole Bollywood thing and Indian culture.

So far Raj and Anu think eight months or so will be long enough. This is not unusual, I've noticed, in  Indians' arranged engagements. They expect to have made a good start and continue the finding out and falling in love during the marriage. Having said that, it's surprising how many are in love before the wedding, the parents having done extensive finding out before  introducing them in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I share same feelings about Anu/Raj than you. Tbh, I am sorry they only decided to give a chance to Raj have a serious relationship in last show season as I feel this plot would be much better with more time for it develop properly. About the chemestry between Anu and Raj, I agree it is really litle but the actress holds a nice touch in some scenes that makes me believe they could work in end as a nice couple. Let see what writers hold for them as characters and to us as viewers. I am curious about it though.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Personally I think their on the marriage bandwagon. The other three are supposedly happily married, that they want that for Raj as well!

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I share same feelings about Anu/Raj than you. Tbh, I am sorry they only decided to give a chance to Raj have a serious relationship in last show season as I feel this plot would be much better with more time for it develop properly. About the chemestry between Anu and Raj, I agree it is really litle but the actress holds a nice touch in some scenes that makes me believe they could work in end as a nice couple. Let see what writers hold for them as characters and to us as viewers. I am curious about it though.

I concur with your assessment!

59 minutes ago, chucky said:

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

No I didn't. The quote is crackers.

36 minutes ago, joyceraye said:
  1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

No I didn't. The quote is crackers.

OK, if you say so.

13 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

I want Anu to see A Star Is Born or Bohemian Rhapsody and tell me she still hates music.  If y'all haven't seen these yet, go see them ASAP.

The best Star is Born was the one with Judy Garland. God, that woman could sing.

8 hours ago, April said:

It's called "musical anhedonia" and no amount of "She should listen to my favourite music!" can change her lack of response.

YES!

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I agree. I rather see them cancel the wedding and decide to get to know each other better before. I also don't care about finding out they got married, seeing them happy, in a relationship with good potential, is enough for me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I could not care less if Raj gets married or not. 

I feel the same way. TPTB wasted 11 years on his relationship blues. Now they want to get introduced, engaged and married in one season. I can't see it or understand the rush!

Edited by chucky
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

53 minutes ago, chucky said:

I feel the same way. TPTB wasted 11 years on his relationship blues. Now they want to get introduced, engaged and married in one season. I can't see it or understand the rush!

It happens.... in real life.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I am not overly interested in Raj but it makes total sense for him to have an arranged marriag,  not know the woman all that well, and to get married in 3 months.  It also makes sense that they wouldn’ t have especially compatible personalities - although they have undoubtably been veted and determined to be appropriate by the families before ever meeting.  I would not be surprised if Kunal’s marriage to Miss Universe India was arranged.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

It happens.... in real life.

But this is suppose to be a comedy. I guess we will disagree!

I think it’s a shame that no one but Johnny could make it to the people’s choice awards tonight. They used to be so happy going to these award shows and now they don’t go at all? I mean it just show how much the cast has fallen apart I guess it does not matter since The show is ending next year

i guess they just blew their last people’s choice awards 

dumb idea

Edited by Burberry

24 minutes ago, Burberry said:

I think it’s a shame that no one but Johnny could make it to the people’s choice awards tonight. They used to be so happy going to these award shows and now they don’t go at all? I mean it just show how much the cast has fallen apart I guess it does not matter since The show is ending next year

i guess they just blew their last people’s choice awards 

dumb idea

Kaley had an event she was hosting. So she couldn't make it there. As for the other 5, I have no idea why they didn't go. In the long run it's their choice to go or not!

• Like 2

Congratulations to Jim on his win for Comedy TV Star of 2018 at the People's Choice Awards 2018!!!

https://www.eonline.com/shows/peoples_choice_awards/news/980505/people-s-choice-awards-2018-winners-the-complete-list

I posted this in Jim's thread, as well. However, since many of the categories weren't announced on TV, I thought I'd share it here for anyone who might have missed it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Congratulations to Jim on his win for Comedy TV Star of 2018 at the People's Choice Awards 2018!!!

https://www.eonline.com/shows/peoples_choice_awards/news/980505/people-s-choice-awards-2018-winners-the-complete-list

I posted this in Jim's thread, as well. However, since many of the categories weren't announced on TV, I thought I'd share it here for anyone who might have missed it.

It's good to see the show, notably Jim, got one last People's Choice Award!

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

I am not overly interested in Raj but it makes total sense for him to have an arranged marriage,  not know the woman all that well, and to get married in 3 months.  It also makes sense that they wouldn’ t have especially compatible personalities - although they have undoubtedly been vetted and determined to be appropriate by the families before ever meeting.  I would not be surprised if Kunal’s marriage to Miss Universe India was arranged.

it's not three months, it's eight or nine give or take a fortnight. It's not quick by their traditions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chucky said:

It's good to see the show, notably Jim, got one last People's Choice Award!

He did not get it the last people’s choice it just was not announced on tv because he did not go

Edited by Burberry
  • Run to India 1

I didn’t watch (The People’s Choice Awards) last night. Did anyone else? How was the production and the “feel”? In the past it was aired on CBS. Was this the first time it was on E! ?  Just wondering. (Loved it the times Kaley was the host!!!)

Edited by hokie3457
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Burberry said:

He did not get it the last people’s choice it just was not announced on tv because he did not go

I suggest you check out the list of winners! You'll see he won for Best Comedy TV Star. BTW, you don't have to attend to win!

23 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The best Star is Born was the one with Judy Garland. God, that woman could sing.

I don't  know, I like the remake with Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson better, Although both are good.

Edited by chucky

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

it's not three months, it's eight or nine give or take a fortnight. It's not quick by their traditions.

I don't think they met in May, we don't have an exact date but I would assume it was later than that, as it wasn't right after Shamy's wedding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I don't think they met in May, we don't have an exact date but I would assume it was later than that, as it wasn't right after Shamy's wedding.

Ehh, doesn't matter when they met, it'll still be the shortest engagement of the four!

• Like 1