Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I don't think they met in May, we don't have an exact date but I would assume it was later than that, as it wasn't right after Shamy's wedding.

Rajanu met soon after Shamy came back from honeymoon. If they'd been away a fortnight it would make Rajanu's first date late May, or more likely early to mid June. I've forgotten the date in May that Shamy got married.  Still on the short side for BBT, as Chucky points out. Of the other three, Howardette's was the shortest, I think. The shortest time for an Indian couple in RL from meeting to marriage that I've known is four weeks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I didn’t watch (The People’s Choice Awards) last night. Did anyone else? How was the production and the “feel”? In the past it was aired on CBS. Was this the first time it was on E! ?  Just wondering. (Loved it the times Kaley was the host!!!)

I watched it back and forth to see when the TBBT categories were announced.  They did not announce Best Comedy on air only Best TV show which they lost to Shadowhunters?  I felt that E! put on a big splash of a show but it felt like a minor league production.  I saw some of the pre-show red carpet while my wife was watching and to me they had these three bimbos shouting and all perky about everything. It was just too played up where on CBS it seemed more professional

11 hours ago, chucky said:

Kaley had an event she was hosting. So she couldn't make it there. As for the other 5, I have no idea why they didn't go. In the long run it's their choice to go or not!

A poster said earlier that the winners are already known before the show airs.  Maybe that was why they did not show up. And Johnny was a presenter along with Sara Gilbert   Did anyone get a load of Johnny's girlfriend Alaina Meyer   She was about two feet taller than him in heels. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I watched it back and forth to see when the TBBT categories were announced.  They did not announce Best Comedy on air only Best TV show which they lost to Shadowhunters?  I felt that E! put on a big splash of a show but it felt like a minor league production.  I saw some of the pre-show red carpet while my wife was watching and to me they had these three bimbos shouting and all perky about everything. It was just too played up where on CBS it seemed more professional

A poster said earlier that the winners are already known before the show airs.  Maybe that was why they did not show up. And Johnny was a presenter along with Sara Gilbert   Did anyone get a load of Johnny's girlfriend Alaina Meyer   She was about two feet taller than him in heels. 

Yeah she was obviously taller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Did anyone get a load of Johnny's girlfriend Alaina Meyer   She was about two feet taller than him in heels. 

There are a couple of pictures of Kunal and his wife on the red carpet (previous shows)where she towers over him by even more - in the highest heels I have ever seen.  Johnny and his girlfriend are very cute.

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“I love how they spoke about it. At one point she didn’t want to have kids; she was really business-oriented and wanted to work and just loved her life. (...)"

Umm did Kaley watch another episode? Or did they edited things out? Because in the episode Penny does not seem to not want kids because she wants to be a big career woman or anything like that, in fact we didn't really hear too much of her thoughts against having children.  They keep talking in interviews about how happy Penny is with her job and how she loves it but none of this is shown in the show. She just seems to live through the motions.

I also don't think the phrase "at one point" is appropriate when we didn't have anything else since then, like her thinking maybe she does want kids or whatever...  As far as I'm concerned Penny doesn't want to have kids. I still want it to change (I'm not saying hope because I'm cautious, I've learned my lesson and don't have much hopes for this show anymore), but right now this is the way it is.

If they wanted to give away another message they should've checked their product more carefully.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bfm said:

If they wanted to give away another message they should've checked their product more carefully.

They don't have to check their product, they just have to promote it. Sorry.
- Maybe Penny was at a promo workshop for her job before? - 😉

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I watched it back and forth to see when the TBBT categories were announced.  They did not announce Best Comedy on air only Best TV show which they lost to Shadowhunters?  I felt that E! put on a big splash of a show but it felt like a minor league production.  I saw some of the pre-show red carpet while my wife was watching and to me they had these three bimbos shouting and all perky about everything. It was just too played up where on CBS it seemed more professional

A poster said earlier that the winners are already known before the show airs.  Maybe that was why they did not show up. And Johnny was a presenter along with Sara Gilbert   Did anyone get a load of Johnny's girlfriend Alaina Meyer   She was about two feet taller than him in heels. 

Thanks @Mario D. !  I believe that has always been the case with The People's Choice Awards, that the winners know ahead of time.  I can remember past ceremonies (and I have not watched in quite a while, maybe since Kaley hosted) where absent winners gave a taped acceptance speech.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bfm said:

Umm did Kaley watch another episode? Or did they edited things out? Because in the episode Penny does not seem to not want kids because she wants to be a big career woman or anything like that, in fact we didn't really hear too much of her thoughts against having children.  They keep talking in interviews about how happy Penny is with her job and how she loves it but none of this is shown in the show. She just seems to live through the motions.

I also don't think the phrase "at one point" is appropriate when we didn't have anything else since then, like her thinking maybe she does want kids or whatever...  As far as I'm concerned Penny doesn't want to have kids. I still want it to change (I'm not saying hope because I'm cautious, I've learned my lesson and don't have much hopes for this show anymore), but right now this is the way it is.

If they wanted to give away another message they should've checked their product more carefully.

Penny did probably say all these things off-screen. :icon_biggrin:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Penny did probably say all these things off-screen. :icon_biggrin:

n_181.gif.04d97d4f0ca486f17a298472718c72a4.gif

😁

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

Umm did Kaley watch another episode? Or did they edited things out? Because in the episode Penny does not seem to not want kids because she wants to be a big career woman or anything like that, in fact we didn't really hear too much of her thoughts against having children.  They keep talking in interviews about how happy Penny is with her job and how she loves it but none of this is shown in the show. She just seems to live through the motions.

I also don't think the phrase "at one point" is appropriate when we didn't have anything else since then, like her thinking maybe she does want kids or whatever...  As far as I'm concerned Penny doesn't want to have kids. I still want it to change (I'm not saying hope because I'm cautious, I've learned my lesson and don't have much hopes for this show anymore), but right now this is the way it is.

If they wanted to give away another message they should've checked their product more carefully.

I agree  There were a few inconsistencies in her interview.  Just like their "first kiss" contradictions in the Halloween party episode.  What is going n here?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if tomorrow taping going to be cancelled? 

I am praying for everyone who been affected by the wildfires burning in California and and to the Family who has lost loved ones.  So very horrific and sad. An entire town had been destroyed and many houses in Malibu (where many celebrities lived) have are gone.  Hoping none of the cast or crew lived in the fire zone and are out of harms way. This thing is a monster 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

As far as I'm concerned Penny doesn't want to have kids. I still want it to change (I'm not saying hope because I'm cautious, I've learned my lesson and don't have much hopes for this show anymore), but right now this is the way it is.

Totally agree. Hope she changes her mind, but not expectations of that happening!

28 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

They keep talking in interviews about how happy Penny is with her job and how she loves it but none of this is shown in the show. She just seems to live through the motions.

In the episodes she talks about not liking the job, but likes the money she gets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chucky said:

Totally agree. Hope she changes her mind, but not expectations of that happening!

In the episodes she talks about not liking the job, but likes the money she gets.

I'm guessing that our biggest hope is that Kaley gets pregnant, perhaps then we'll get a Penny pregnancy.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will work in some comments on Stan Lee's passing.

Edited by djsurrey
typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I wonder is they will work in some comments on Stan Lee's passing.

If they can do it for Professor Proton, then they can do it for Stan Lee!

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chucky said:

If they can do it for Professor Proton, then they can do it for Stan Lee!

PP is a fictional character portrayed by a real actor who is very much still alive.

Stan Lee is a real person who is none of this. (May he rest in peace.)

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

I'm guessing that our biggest hope is that Kaley gets pregnant, perhaps then we'll get a Penny pregnancy.

That is a viable point but I am optimistic that Penny will get pregnant at some point near the end.  If Kaley gets pregnant say end of March early April they possibly could write it in as she probably would not be showing yet.  JMO

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I wonder is they will work in some comments on Stan Lee's passing.

I believe so, they could at least mention it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

PP is a fictional character portrayed by a real actor who is very much still alive.

Stan Lee is a real person who is none of this. (May he rest in peace.)

Amen.

They mentioned Professor Stephen Hawking,even going so far as to have Shamy receive a wedding present from him.They had Adam Nemoy appear and mention his father. So, no reason not to mention Stan Lee.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kaley would know more about the show then anyone here. Seeing she’s in the show. It’s personal interpretation anyway. I saw nothing wrong about the “baby gate” episode. Thought they had a frank and open honest conversation about that topic. Penny being non commital is cannon. My takeaway was I think the show made the idea of kids a Gray area. I don’t think it’s certain either way if Leonard and Penny we’ll have kids. But I think Penny’s entitled to her independence. And clearly it has not effected their relationship in a negative fashion. Kaley maybe glossing over the episode. But what do we expect her to say. The writers suck? Lol. Yeah good luck with that one Kaley. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Kaley would know more about the show then anyone here. Seeing she’s in the show. It’s personal interpretation anyway. I saw nothing wrong about the “baby gate” episode. Thought they had a frank and open honest conversation about that topic. Penny being non commital is cannon. My takeaway was I think the show made the idea of kids a Gray area. I don’t think it’s certain either way if Leonard and Penny we’ll have kids. But I think Penny’s entitled to her independence. And clearly it has not effected their relationship in a negative fashion. Kaley maybe glossing over the episode. But what do we expect her to say. The writers suck? Lol. Yeah good luck with that one Kaley. 

interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I wonder if tomorrow taping going to be cancelled? 

I am praying for everyone who been affected by the wildfires burning in California and and to the Family who has lost loved ones.  So very horrific and sad. An entire town had been destroyed and many houses in Malibu (where many celebrities lived) have are gone.  Hoping none of the cast or crew lived in the fire zone and are out of harms way. This thing is a monster 

The show doesn't have a taping tomorrow. The next one is scheduled for November 20th.

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I wonder is they will work in some comments on Stan Lee's passing.

Chuck Lorre's vanity card for Thursday's episode may include a tribute to Stan Lee. Since the next taping isn't until November 20th, they may mention it, but it really depends on the story they have written.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.