[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Chuck Lorre's vanity card for Thursday's episode may include a tribute to Stan Lee. Since the next taping isn't until November 20th, they may mention it, but it really depends on the story they have written.

Here's hoping they at least mention his passing as he was a very important part of the guy's lives!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:44 AM, bfm said:

The point IMO was that she also haf something that people may find "not right" with her, like Raj has his mutism.

I liked that scene a lot, what was bothering me was that I felt it didn't flow well, which may be in part due to pacing but I think was more due to performance. Kunal and Rati don't have much time to work on their dynamics, but I hope it will get better, it was better in the Halloween episode IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. I have nothing against the actress who plays Anu, but IMO Raj and her have zero onscreen chemistry. Full disclosure, I'm not really invested in their relationship.

Penny's comment : "practice makes better" or words to that effect in relation to her and Leonard's sex life was pathetic beyond belief, not to mention a negation of previous canon. Lenny's first time was awkward but after that there have been several references to Leonard's sexual prowess. Penny's "you're a genius" and Mrs. Gunnerson's  comment of "yeehaw" come to mind to mention just a few. I know they tried to play it for laughs but it wasn't funny at all.

Why is it that the writers have this continuing need to rewrite canon?

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I was thinking the same thing. I have nothing against the actress who plays Anu, but IMO Raj and her have zero onscreen chemistry. Full disclosure, I'm not really invested in their relationship.

Penny's comment : "practice makes better" or words to that effect in relation to her and Leonard's sex life was pathetic beyond belief, not to mention a negation of previous canon. Lenny's first time was awkward but after that there have been several references to Leonard's sexual prowess. Penny's "you're a genius" and Mrs. Gunnerson's  comment of "yeehaw" come to mind to mention just a few. I know they tried to play it for laughs but it wasn't funny at all.

That’s how I see it. Be damned to cannon. Let’s try to get some cheap laughs. However, the Yehawww was when Penny went out with Kurt. And got really drunk. That was not very memorable. I only recall, s3. “Leonard you really are a genius”. As Lenny’s sexual encounters standing out. 

Although I was not bothered by the comment. As you said Their first time was awkward as hell. I don’t think Penny meant anything by it. Just trying to encourage Raj. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Amen.

They mentioned Professor Stephen Hawking,even going so far as to have Shamy receive a wedding present from him.They had Adam Nemoy appear and mention his father. So, no reason not to mention Stan Lee.

Yes, a mention may be possible but you won't see Stan Lee's ghost visit anybody's dreams.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, April said:

Yes, a mention may be possible but you won't see Stan Lee's ghost visit anybody's dreams.

I don’t think Stan Lee liked Sheldon. When he came to his door in S3 unannounced. Not enough to visit his subconscious anyway. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, April said:

Agreed, I think they will post a thank you freeze frame at the end of an episode. 

Edited by vonmar
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

However, the Yehawww was when Penny went out with Kurt. And got really drunk. 

She went out with Zack and came back drunk and sex with Leonard (so yes, drunk, just getting the details right).

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

That's a question I ask myself a lot. 

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don’t think Penny meant anything by it. Just trying to encourage Raj. 

Maybe so, but it didn't do anything in Raj's eyes concerning her husband. It opened him up to more ridicule from his so called friends!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

They mentioned Professor Stephen Hawking,even going so far as to have Shamy receive a wedding present from him.They had Adam Nemoy appear and mention his father. So, no reason not to mention Stan Lee.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Fictional character or real person doesn't matter. Stan Lee was just as important to all four of the guys as Professor Proton was to Sheldon and Leonard! For that reason alone, his passing should at least be mentioned! 

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:
8 hours ago, April said:

There's no need for a Stan Lee ghost visit! They have Professor Proton for that!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carlos said:

Perhaps the writers can't come up with new ideas anymore so they just change old stories.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

The sex must have been really spectacular when the whole building heard it. :icon_cheesygrin:

She couldn't down play the sex that night. I don't put it past the writers to try changing history again!

12 hours ago, bfm said:

She went out with Zack and came back drunk and sex with Leonard (so yes, drunk, just getting the details right).

Yeah, she definitely yelled "YeeHaw" that night!

14 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

However, the Yehawww was when Penny went out with Kurt. And got really drunk.

Wrong. She said "YeeHaw" with Leonard when she came back drunk and upset with Zack!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

The sex must have been really spectacular when the whole building heard it.

When I heard "YeeHaw" I immediately thought of it as what you say when you get on a horse, that is, as a horse riding term. I never thought it had anything to do with whether or not it was any good. Just that she was taking charge of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

When I heard "YeeHaw" I immediately thought of it as what you say when you get on a horse, that is, as a horse riding term. I never thought it had anything to do with whether or not it was any good. Just that she was taking charge of it.

It not just a horse term and has nothing to do with taking charge.  It’s an expression used in the south or west, indicating joy or enthusiasim.  It’s use as a horse term comes from the rider exclaiming their joy for  the ride.  If sex wasn’t good, Penny would hardly be enjoying or being enthusiastic for the “ride”. 

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

It not just a horse term and has nothing to do with taking charge.  It’s an expression used in the south or west, indicating joy or enthusiasim.  It’s use as a horse term comes from the rider exclaiming their joy for  the ride.  If sex wasn’t good, Penny would hardly be enjoying or being enthusiastic for the “ride”. 

I guess you'll have to go by how they define it where you live and I'll go by how they define it where I live.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Perhaps the writers can't come up with new ideas anymore so they just change old stories.

They have gotten very good at that!

42 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I guess you'll have to go by how they define it where you live and I'll go by how they define it where I live.

To each their own. You think the way you want to think. I think the way Penny, a native Nebraskan, would think. She was an avid horse rider growing up and quite possibly said yeehaw a lot while riding.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I beg to differ. Yee-haw is not only for riding horses. It is an exclamation of the first order and in the context of the episode it was said so loudly that even the neighbors heard it. I don't believe it was merely an expression of approval for Leonard taking charge, but an exclamation due to the lengths Leonard's passionate was taking Penny. I could be much more crass and accurate, but you'll get the gist of what I'm trying to say, I believe.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I beg to differ. Yee-haw is not only for riding horses. It is an exclamation of the first order and in the context of the episode it was said so loudly that even the neighbors heard it. I don't believe it was merely an expression of approval for Leonard taking charge, but an exclamation due to the lengths Leonard's passionate was taking Penny. I could be much more crass and accurate, but you'll get the gist of what I'm trying to say, I believe.

Yeah, what you just said with such eloquence. :sungum:

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic