Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Johnny may need some convincing.

As well as Kaley. She has her Equestrian Competition now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chucky said:

As well as Kaley. She has her Equestrian Competition now. 

She's been doing that for years while appearing on the show.  They have enough breaks during filming plus the summer hiatus for her to continue to participate in that sport.

For Kaley I think the bigger question is if she is considering having children with Karl.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

She's been doing that for years while appearing on the show.  They have enough breaks during filming plus the summer hiatus for her to continue to participate in that sport.

For Kaley I think the bigger question is if she is considering having children with Karl.

I think it's more important to her than you think. Having kids with Karl is also a possibility.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tensor said:

What I found interesting was Bill Prady's reaction(and I quote from twitter:

Huh

And, of course, this

 

 

Can you get specific on exactly who "Us" is?  

Do you really thing one of the producers would go against his own show I mean come on.

He was excited duh I mean where is the sarcasm people

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burberry said:

Do you really thing one of the producers would go against his own show I mean come on.

He was excited duh I mean where is the sarcasm people

 

I suggest you go read his tweets.  He didn't know.   Which is why the "Huh" in the first place. 

And you still didn't explain what you meant by in your original post by CBS proving 'US' wrong.  Who is us?    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I suggest you go read his tweets.  He didn't know.   Which is why the "Huh" in the first place. 

And you still didn't explain what you meant by in your original post by CBS proving 'US' wrong.  Who is us?    

 Us is the people who watch tbbt and other cbs shows 

😔 

 

Edited by Burberry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burberry said:

 Us  is the people who watch tbbt and other cbs shows

 

That us is all over the place even on this site.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Do you really thing one of the producers would go against his own show I mean come on.

He was excited duh I mean where is the sarcasm people

i mean anyway you look at it, i know you guys hope tbbt will come to a end but you can’t change it plus you have no say in it at all

 

I hope that it either becomes extremely funny and and engaging again (with Leonard and Penny as leads again 😀) - or dies. It’s the zombie stagger of overlong decline that degrades my enjoyment. 

But it’s nice that everyone works. And it’s not like it’s malevolent. They could stagger on to S15 without harming anyone seriously.

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Burberry said:

 Us is the people who watch tbbt and other cbs shows 

😔

 

So, how exactly did CBS prove all of 'us' wrong.  There are some who didn't think the show would continue, there are those who thought it was a sure thing to continue, there are those who don't want it to continue, there are those who really don't have a valid opinion on either side.  Just trying to understand how CBS could prove ALL OF US, wrong.  

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Just ridiculous for Amy's parents to show up at 2311 N Los Robles Ave, when Amy is away on honeymoon.

Not if her mother delusionally  believes that the honeymoon is over or doesn't exist. Maybe for her, two days of post nuptial fornicating is all there's supposed to be. And they come to visit. Or perhaps they never went home and stayed to see the sites of Pasadena and the surrounding area and stay in Amy & Sheldon's apartment instead of renting a hotel. Maybe Shamy come home while they're still there, having to arrange awkward sleeping arrangements.

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

I suggest you go read his tweets.  He didn't know.   Which is why the "Huh" in the first place. 

And you still didn't explain what you meant by in your original post by CBS proving 'US' wrong.  Who is us?    

Well, they're just at the Network/Studio talks now. That may include Chuck Lorre Productions. I don't know their arrangement, but Bill Prady may be part of CLProductions. It was over the weekend, so he may have not gotten an update yet. A pleasant surprise for him.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, chucky said:

Well, it seems the writers feel that Sheldon is the most thoughtful, romantic of the guys. The good news is if season 12 is the last, then there will be no Shamy anniversary.

Actually even if season 12 was the last season of the show, the Shamy will get a anniversary due to them getting  married in the last episode of season 11 . In my opinion it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll get there anniversary covered in the season finale, I mean it is the Shamy after all. 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Actually even if season 12 was the last season of the show, the Shamy will get a anniversary due to them getting  married in the last episode of season 11 . In my opinion it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll get there anniversary covered in the season finale, I mean it is the Shamy after all. 

Well, hopefully they will have better stories to share. I mean miracles do occur, don't they?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Am I the only one who thinks forty is old enough for any man to stop living in a bachelor pad ? 

I know lots of adult men who live in apartments. Not sure what you mean.

 

13 hours ago, Tensor said:

They might be able to get around someone leaving if they agree to make guest appearances.   

Yes, that could work.

I liked Sheldon's brother, George, and hoped to see him again but if Jerry is getting a new show maybe the chances of that have decreased?
https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/jerry-oconnells-new-dramedy-embraces-and-skewers-cop-shows/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Burberry said:

That article quite frankly showed nothing new. As to CBS IMO it proved nobody wrong. If the actors don't sign contracts the whole article is moot.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Well, they're just at the Network/Studio talks now. 

Yes, I said that later in the thread.

 

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

 That may include Chuck Lorre Productions. I don't know their arrangement, but Bill Prady may be part of CLProductions. 

Actually, according to Bill, that doesn't include CL productions at this time.  CBS and WB have to figure out the cost of the licensing agreement first.  

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

 It was over the weekend, so he may have not gotten an update yet. A pleasant surprise for him.

It was announced in answer to a question at a Television Critics Association panel on Saturday.  I'm quite sure the talks were ongoing prior to Friday and  Bill not getting an update had nothing to do with it being a weekend. He simply isn't in the update loop at this time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the renewal circus, I think the wild card is Johnny G.  I have no knowledge of what went on before or what is happening now, but he went from saying words the effect that there were "still stories to tell" at around the Season 6 mark to sounding as if he thinks the stories are near to complete. I can see the others (yes, including Kaley despite the horses, the new marriage, wanting babies) wanting to return, especially Jim in his role as EP of Young Sheldon as there is built-in fuel to keep that enterprise going.

Nope.  I see Johnny as the wild card.  It will be interesting to see if TPTB want to continue if all 7 core cast members do not return.... 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

In the renewal circus, I think the wild card is Johnny G.  I have no knowledge of what went on before or what is happening now, but he went from saying words the effect that there were "still stories to tell" at around the Season 6 mark to sounding as if he thinks the stories are near to complete. I can see the others (yes, including Kaley despite the horses, the new marriage, wanting babies) wanting to return, especially Jim in his role as EP of Young Sheldon as there is built-in fuel to keep that enterprise going.

Nope.  I see Johnny as the wild card.  It will be interesting to see if TPTB want to continue if all 7 core cast members do not return.... 

Yep, he's lynch pin of sorts. If he says no, that could sway Kaley as well. It may not, but it could. But then Johnny may just continue. It'll be hard to turn down that much money.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

post nuptial fornicating 

 No such thing. LOL. Fornicating is what they were doing before. You might be thinking of what Amy once called 'socially-approved copulation'. :)

3 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Actually even if season 12 was the last season of the show, the Shamy will get a anniversary due to them getting  married in the last episode of season 11 . In my opinion it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll get there anniversary covered in the season finale, I mean it is the Shamy after all. 

All three couples have their anniversary at the end of the season.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

In the renewal circus, I think the wild card is Johnny G.  I have no knowledge of what went on before or what is happening now, but he went from saying words the effect that there were "still stories to tell" at around the Season 6 mark to sounding as if he thinks the stories are near to complete. I can see the others (yes, including Kaley despite the horses, the new marriage, wanting babies) wanting to return, especially Jim in his role as EP of Young Sheldon as there is built-in fuel to keep that enterprise going.

Nope.  I see Johnny as the wild card.  It will be interesting to see if TPTB want to continue if all 7 core cast members do not return.... 

Just like he has been in previous negotiations if you believe the rumours.

I am sure TPTB will explore all possibilities, but its clear what their no.1 preference will be i.e. that they all come back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

 No such thing. LOL. Fornicating is what they were doing before. You might be thinking of what Amy once called 'socially-approved copulation'. :)

All three couples have their anniversary at the end of the season.

Not Lenny, they were married the first episode season 9.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swedish Chef said:

Not Lenny, they were married the first episode season 9.

....and the first episode of season 10.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

but its clear what their no.1 preference will be i.e. that they all come back.

True, but there are some they can make do without. The big three, not so much. It'll be fun watching it all play out. By the way, rumors are fun to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

....and the first episode of season 10.

The first episode is important to Lenny getting married. It was as if the writers wanted to get them out of the way, but wanted to talk about the shamy wedding all year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.