[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

CBS, Lorre, ams Molaro’s highest priority has to be to eke every possible advantage to YS from TBBT before it closes shop.  Annoying as it is, it makes a whole lot of business sense for them.   If I can get through The Shamy wedding, I can certainly manage a  cameo of some cute kids.  It will be really annoying however if their appearance  messes even more with Sheldon’s character.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

CBS, Lorre, ams Molaro’s highest priority has to be to eke every possible advantage to YS from TBBT before it closes shop.  Annoying as it is, it makes a whole lot of business sense for them.   If I can get through The Shamy wedding, I can certainly manage a  cameo of some cute kids.  It will be really annoying however if their appearance  messes even more with Sheldon’s character.

Firmly disagree! You won't get the cute kids. They should keep both shows separated. 

1 minute ago, luminous said:

pennyheadshakeno0318.gif.a021732b2b03173c43257ad295f4a293.gif

Guaranteed that's one episode I will definitely not watch.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of all these crossovers between TBBT and YS, and I agree with everyone else about keeping the shows seperate, I also can really think of two stories where this flashback will happen which is a story about Sheldon's childhood bully Billy Sparks but I don't know if he's been mentioned before on TBBT or the story that I know lots of people on here, including myself, do not want and that is Sheldon finding out he's going to be a father and he says something like he's going to be a better father than his own and then the flashback is shown? I don't know, I honestly don't think any of these crossovers are needed or warranted at all.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Yeah not a fan of this cross over promotion either. I wish they would keep the two shows seperate. Take Sheldon away. They should not co exist in any form. Have very little to do with each other. I’m presuming It we’ll be another Sheldon dream sequence episode. Yawn 😴. Young Sheldon visits Older Sheldon. And tells him to stop wasting the fruits of the great spirit. 

I fear though instead of taking risks in story telling. And being more bolder. Repeated Cannon is adjacent. And they are going through the motions. And just dialing it in. And using TBBT as a platform in its final season to enhance YS.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Best wishes to Tensor. Happy birthday and I hope you have many more.

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

The space-time continuum on The Big Bang Theory is about to be disrupted.

I want to see what they do with this before I get upset. If it's a very brief instance of Sheldon remembering something it might be okay.

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm guessing they'll find a video tape while Shamy are going through Sheldon's old stuff looking for a new scientific idea to pursue.

That I could also tolerate.

14 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Yes, agreed.

So does Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeehaw 

In my recollection in the old westerns one would hear this often at the old barn dances.

Yeah, I looked in several places and have yet to see it have anything to do with being a horse term, having to do with taking charge.  Hell, my wife and family are from the south, use it as your link points out, and they have never even been around horses. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, chucky said:

Firmly disagree! You won't get the cute kids. They should keep both shows separated.  

The kid who plays Sheldon is cute, as is his sister from the bits and pieces I've seen. I'm not that big a fan of young Georgie.

41 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

the story that I know lots of people on here, including myself, do not want and that is Sheldon finding out he's going to be a father and he says something like he's going to be a better father than his own and then the flashback is shown?

That is entirely possible, though. I hadn't thought of that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I figure if it is a dream sequence it should be fully expected. No need to prejudge.

I'm not prejudging, just saying I will purposely miss this episode. Don't want or need to see or hear about it at  all. It will probably be the only episode I won't watch!

9 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The kid who plays Sheldon is cute, as is his sister from the bits and pieces I've seen.

Maybe so, I haven't watched anything of that show but bits and pieces of commercials. I don't watch the show period, even if they incorporate any part of it into TBBT!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'm not prejudging, just saying I will purposely miss this episode. Don't want or need to see or hear about it at  all. It will probably be the only episode I won't watch!

What’s your opinion on Young Sheldon?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burberry said:

What’s your opinion on Young Sheldon?

I have no opinion as I don't watch it. I don't like being forced to have that show invade my favorite show. They are two different shows about Sheldon. One as older Sheldon and one as younger Sheldon. From what I am told by people who have watched, Sheldon's TBBT memories of his childhood is different from the "YS" show.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I wonder if there is there a limit on gifs you can attach to a post? I'd like to post 100 facepalm gifs right now.

Same here. What the hell was that idea of a crossover? Imo it is totally unnecessary... *facepalm repeatdly*

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Just to clarify i'm largely not a fan of the other show because I don't feel its an accurate depiction of Sheldon's character and background, they radically changed it because they couldn't do a show based on what we knew of his childhood.  The unreliable narrator excuse can only go so far, too many times and you become a liar.

I'm not anti Sheldon, though I am far from happy how his character has been depicted this season.  It is also my view that under Holland's direction he has slipped back into an earlier iteration for the purposes of a story far too often.

The stories in general this season IMO have been far too average, the quality of the dialogue has slipped and as a result so has some of the acting performances.  They are resting on their laurels, instead of being bold and forward thinking in the final season.

I feel the same way. It is a pity they dont be bold enough to surprise me more this season. Too many stuff sounds old and sometimes boring.

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, vonmar said:

One question though: since this is TBBT after all, when Lance Barber appears, won't everybody think it is Leonard's former nemesis  Speckerman? What a load of crap!

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, BobtheBlob said:

or the story that I know lots of people on here, including myself, do not want and that is Sheldon finding out he's going to be a father and he says something like he's going to be a better father than his own and then the flashback is shown? I don't know, I honestly don't think any of these crossovers are needed or warranted at all.

Oh dear, that may be the stroke (well, stone) that will break my back and make me stop watching the show. The lack of Missy brings me hope, I'd assume if this were about George Sr.'s fatherhood in general, she would be there too, not just the boys. 

Maybe it's another story of how Sheldon had misjudged his family, thinking his father only cared for Georgie, while in actuallity he made a lot of effort for Sheldon. 

Again, unnecessary. This is all a big commercial for YS.

By the way, I have watched the first season, and two/three episodes and some odd videos of the second season of YS. I think it's a nice enough show (though not enough to justify its high ratings), but it is too banal for me. And I do not take it as the past of TBBT's Sheldon, because I agree with @Jonny, it doesn't match. In one episode Sheldon could lie effortlessly, in another he was a great singer-actor-dancer(!!!), and he generally has a better grasp of emotions both in himself and in others and of social cues than he had years and years later which is weird. Come on, that's not TBBT's Sheldon. Anyway, whatever my opinion is on YS, I do not want it to intrude on TBBT, especially when it has so few episodes to go.

#lettbbtbe

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I want to thank all those that wished me a happy birthday.   I really do appreciate it.   I've been away from the form off and on (I'm currently in a play) I've been scarce, but it nice to see the well wishes.  Again thank you all.  

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Carlos said:

One question though: since this is TBBT after all, when Lance Barber appears, won't everybody think it is Leonard's former nemesis  Speckerman? What a load of crap!

Remember when “Speckerman” was the benchmark for a bad episode. I caught the episode where Penny crushes Leonard’s hopes for children in the future. Devastating. It appeared to comprehensively close that future avenue. Validated my decision to let go and stay mum going forward.

The local broadcaster is flooding the schedule with YS. I’m finding it easy to resist.

AND

@tensor. Many Happy Returns and thanks.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 6

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

From the article......."brief crossover"

A lot of TV shows do them.

They sure do and it's OK if you watch both. The BBC bought both Dallas and Knot's Landing so we were able to follow the crossovers, for instance. When Cheers characters popped up in Frasier it didn't clash.  Joey, on the other hand was never shown on this side of the pond on mainstream TV. I don't know if it was on cable or satellite.

Crossovers when the shows are in different genres  can be confusing because members of their audiences might not necessarily watch both. I watch Young Sheldon and I like it up to a point  but I don't regard it as a comedy, even if it's classified as such. It's very different, much more serious than TBBT  and explores darker themes. A child suffering through being a fish out of water and the troubles of his family caused by all that is the leitmotif of the series, although there are other issues.  

I can understand why TBBT fans don't see the appeal of YS and vice versa. I hope when they show the YS cast on TBBT it's for a good reason and not a waste of time.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic