[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

From the article......."brief crossover"

A lot of TV shows do them.

So much angst...jeeze

So?

scary.gif.6621ae0c7d85192eff9f04f6b0e63654.gif

(I think you're confusing angst with anger.)

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

From the article......."brief crossover"

A lot of TV shows do them.

So much angst...jeeze

lol, I'm with you. I don't get the fuss over a quick memory or video tape or whatever it was Holland talked about in a recent interview. No big deal.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1

52 minutes ago, April said:

lol, I'm with you. I don't get the fuss over a quick memory or video tape or whatever it was Holland talked about in a recent interview. No big deal.

You might not think it is a big deal. But reading majority of posts. Clearly majority of ppl hear are opposed to it. I dont think it matters the detail or context. You say oh be quick memory. Know one knows that, speculation at this stage. ITs naive to think they are not using TBBT as a marketing platform to prop up YS. Regardless of how long YS is involved in the episode. it is the final season. I would just prefer they just keep the shows seperate. And not waste any time on another Sheldon dream sequence plot. That be clearly same vein as Proton. What Younger Sheldon comes to Sheldon. And tells him to stop wasting the fruits of the great spirit lol? I dont know. I am not angsty about it, just kinda PO about it tbh. PRefer they use the precious time they have left, more productively. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

You might not think it is a big deal. But reading majority of posts. Clearly majority of ppl hear are opposed to it. I dont think it matters the detail or context. You say oh be quick memory. Know one knows that, speculation at this stage. ITs naive to think they are not using TBBT as a marketing platform to prop up YS. Regardless of how long YS is involved in the episode. it is the final season. I would just prefer they just keep the shows seperate. And not waste any time on another Sheldon dream sequence plot. That be clearly same vein as Proton. What Younger Sheldon comes to Sheldon. And tells him to stop wasting the fruits of the great spirit lol? I dont know. I am not angsty about it, just kinda PO about it tbh. PRefer they use the precious time they have left, more productively. 

P: Well, wait, if they are unhappy, shouldn't we be more productive?
L: “Shouldn't we be more productive?" Have you learned nothing in twelve years?

(Mildly modified from S6 - The Cooper/Kripke Inversion)  😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

You might not think it is a big deal. But reading majority of posts. Clearly majority of ppl hear are opposed to it. I don't think it matters the detail or context. You say oh be quick memory. Know one knows that, speculation at this stage. ITs naive to think they are not using TBBT as a marketing platform to prop up YS. Regardless of how long YS is involved in the episode. it is the final season. I would just prefer they just keep the shows separate. And not waste any time on another Sheldon dream sequence plot. That be clearly same vein as Proton. What Younger Sheldon comes to Sheldon. And tells him to stop wasting the fruits of the great spirit lol? I don't know. I am not angsty about it, just kinda PO about it tbh. Prefer they use the precious time they have left, more productively. 

Yeah, what you just said is exactly how I feel on the subject!

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

One question though: since this is TBBT after all, when Lance Barber appears, won't everybody think it is Leonard's former nemesis  Speckerman? What a load of crap!

Using that actor for both roles WAS unwise in my opinion, but not all of the fans nitpick the show to death. I know there are some out there who won't even make the connection. I checked facebook and those fans seems to be very excited about the crossover.

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

ITs naive to think they are not using TBBT as a marketing platform to prop up YS.

Of course they are and anyone in their shoes would be doing the same thing. This is business.  Ars gratia pecuniae - Art for money's sake.

33 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Obviously s plug for YS. Why not have a dream sequence for Penny, Leonard, Raj, Howard, Bernadette or Amy when they were kids.

Because they didn't all know each other then, I guess?

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Obviously s plug for YS. Why not have a dream sequence for Penny, Leonard, Raj, Howard, Bernadette or Amy when they were kids.

Who says they aren't? The three YS actors are posted as guesting, that doesn't mean more of TBBT characters aren't getting cast when they were younger. We don't know what the episode is about. Maybe they recall Muppet Babies and imagine themselves together when they were kids. We don't know how it's going to play out yet.

• Run to India 1

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I watch Young Sheldon and I like it up to a point  but I don't regard it as a comedy, even if it's classified as such. It's very different, much more serious than TBBT  and explores darker themes. A child suffering through being a fish out of water and the troubles of his family caused by all that is the leitmotif of the series, although there are other issues. 

I have seen every episode and I can't agree with this. YS is definitely a sitcom. Not a dark tone at all.

This is just a supposition but my guess is that the wider TBBT audience would be happy with a crossover. It is common stuff within say the DC or Marvel universes.

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

You might not think it is a big deal. But reading majority of posts. Clearly majority of ppl hear are opposed to it.

Fortunately here actually makes no difference in what gets written.

33 minutes ago, vonmar said:

It's always cool to see these behind-the-scenes photos, especially after attending the episode's taping. The show moves at a fast pace that you don't even realize that these moments are occurring just prior to curtain call.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

We don't know what the episode is about. Maybe they recall Muppet Babies and imagine themselves together when they were kids. We don't know how it's going to play out yet.

I'd love that. But if it were that I'm not sure why the dad would  be there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'd love that. But if it were that I'm not sure why the dad would  be there.

I really hope ya'll enjoy that episode. I'll pass on it, thank you very much!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Who says they aren't? The three YS actors are posted as guesting, that doesn't mean more of TBBT characters aren't getting cast when they were younger. We don't know what the episode is about. Maybe they recall Muppet Babies and imagine themselves together when they were kids. We don't know how it's going to play out yet.
I think the odds on that are bad i would bet there will be more ys

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think the odds on that are bad i would bet there will be more ys

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah I would say the odds of the rest of the TBBT Characters getting casted as kids. IS very unlikely. This is primarily a cross promotional episode. Focus well be on making connection between Older Sheldon and Younger Sheldon. And rest of the YS Cast. Early promotional photos suggest this. Look even if it is just a 5 min dream sequence. ITs just my preference, prefer the two universes of the show stay way from each other. I dont think it well be though. Be prob similar to the Proton Stuff. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Look even if it is just a 5 min dream sequence.

From the description I would not be expecting 5 minutes.

"A December episode of the CBS comedy will feature a brief crossover with its spinoff, Young Sheldon. Three of that show's stars — Iain Armitage, Lance Barber and Montana Jordan — will make cameos as their characters."

The word "cameos" suggests it will be short. So do the words "brief crossover". I'd guess we are getting something less than a minute. They can still milk it in the advertising.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

From the description I would not be expecting 5 minutes.

The word "cameos" suggests it will be short. So do the words "brief crossover". I'd guess we are getting something less than a minute. They can still milk it in the advertising.

I don't care if they're only in for 10 seconds, I won't watch it. I don't watch "YS" and I won't watch their characters on "TBBT".

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic