[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Why would a comment she make. Make Leonard and Penny doubt their marriage? They’ve been married for about 4 years now. Why would Leonard or Penny care what Priya has to say. For that matter why would Priya care? She cheated on Leonard with her ex. And has had no communication with Leonard. Since Season 5. So on the timeline. That’s about 7 years. 

Seems I’m not the only one who thinks this Ys crossover is a bad idea.

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theory-young-sheldon-crossover-bad/

“Interconnected storytelling has been the norm for quite some time now - be it in the small screen or big screen. On TV, AMC has arranged a The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead special last year, and of course, the CW has its annual Arrowverse event. But just because it works on other properties, it doesent mean CBS should also follow suit, via two of their currently most popular sitcoms”. 

“Not only is the term “crossover” misleading considering the shows wide timeline gap. But it also won’t serve any purpose other than to cross-promote Young Sheldon to Big Bang Theory viewers.”

Its true. CBS has already attempted to establish stronger connections between the mothership show and its parent show. With Tam. Sheldons long lost best friend. But seeing it well feature younger versions of Sheldon, Georgie, and George. Which we’ll prob feature either a dream sequence, a flashback scene, or a videotape as a plot device. I just don’t think it’s all that compelling.

And other than the timeline gap. Theirs a big disconnect between YS and it’s parent show. Making it even more uneccessary imo. Meemaw Isint the lovable and soft grandmother that Sheldon fondly talks about in the earlier seasons of TBBT.

To imagine Annie Potts who is brilliant as Meemaw in YS. Eventually became that horrible miscast of June Squibb’s iteration. I don’t know. And George Snr isint the unlikeable father. Sheldon used to describe. And Zoe Perry’s portrayal of Mary. Barley resembles Laurie Metcalfes. It’s already rewriting established cannon. 

I just personally think devoting quite likely an whole episode to exploring Sheldons past. When theirs still so many unexplored plot points with other characters. Is a shame. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

On 11/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, djsurrey said:

I have seen every episode and I can't agree with this. YS is definitely a sitcom. Not a dark tone at all.

This is just a supposition but my guess is that the wider TBBT audience would be happy with a crossover. It is common stuff within say the DC or Marvel universes.

Fortunately here actually makes no difference in what gets written.

Not quit true. Any idea for the show posted here (or as fan fiction) would negate it being used by TPTB for legal reasons. Who knows how much hamstringing we fans have done over the years.:unknw:

On 11/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, djsurrey said:

This is just a supposition but my guess is that the wider TBBT audience would be happy with a crossover.

As usual, I find that I am in disagreement with you. The wider range would not be happy with a crossover with that show. That's just my opinion!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, chucky said:

As usual, I find that I am in disagreement with you. The wider range would not be happy with a crossover with that show. That's just my opinion!

The wider audience are opposed to a crossover. Mostly due to cannon. They’ve already re written a lot. Btw if your looking forward to the crossover. Your entitled to that. I’m just in the pool of being opposed. 

• Like 1

We don't know what the plot of the episode is yet.

The press release described the crossover as "brief".

We have no idea how the wider audience feels about it, unless someone has polled the 12+ million viewers who turn in every week.

• Like 3
  • Run to India 1

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The wider audience are opposed to a crossover. Mostly due to cannon. They’ve already re written a lot. Btw if your looking forward to the crossover. Your entitled to that. I’m just in the pool of being opposed. 

I'm so against a crossover. I'll go back to the fast forward part of watching the episodes again. I don't want or need to see anything from that show, even crossover to TBBT!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I am not interested and it is not about Sheldon’s story - I just think it is dark and not funny enough.  But, I doubt the wider audience has an opinion on the subject.  Well a lot of them watch both shows so I doubt they object.  

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

We have no idea how the wider audience feels about it, unless someone has polled the 12+ million viewers who turn in every week.

That's right it up  to each person's opinion and suppositions!

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Really?

Networks do these pretty frequently....because the broader viewing audience hate them?

Yeah, pretty much. But then, I could care less whether they do a cross over or not. I'll just fast forward past it and move on. I'll leave the watching of that segment and the enjoyment to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah, pretty much. But then, I could care less whether they do a cross over or not. I'll just fast forward past it and move on. I'll leave the watching of that segment and the enjoyment to you.

Good idea! We just let whoever wants to enjoy it enjoy it, and let whoever doesn‘t want to see it not see it. Sounds like a good plan to me. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Cereal Apist said:

Not quite true. Any idea for the show posted here (or as fan fiction) would negate it being used by TPTB for legal reasons. Who knows how much hamstringing we fans have done over the years.:unknw:

I don't think the fans have done much, if any, hamstringing. There was speculation  for years about whether Amy had a father. There was a lot of grumbling and saying it had to change about the 4A living arrangement when Sheldon lived with Lenny.  There was the guessing the Howardette first baby would be a girl and wondering if she'd sound like Howard's mother and if she'd be named after her. For ages after episode 9/11 we wanted to know whether Shamy really only had coitus once a year. When we found out we speculated the situation might change after they got married. We wondered whether we'd ever meet Meemaw and find out if she was really as gentle and sweet, but feisty as Sheldon said. Then there were the suggestions Raj would cave and request an arranged marriage. Some of us who also watch YS wondered why we'd never heard about Tam after Sheldon grew up. And so on ...

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't think the fans have done much, if any, hamstringing. There was speculation  for years about whether Amy had a father. There was a lot of grumbling and saying it had to change about the 4A living arrangement when Sheldon lived with Lenny.  There was the guessing the Howardette first baby would be a girl and wondering if she'd sound like Howard's mother and if she'd be named after her. For ages after episode 9/11 we wanted to know whether Shamy really only had coitus once a year. When we found out we speculated the situation might change after they got married. We wondered whether we'd ever meet Meemaw and find out if she was really as gentle and sweet, but feisty as Sheldon said. Then there were the suggestions Raj would cave and request an arranged marriage. Some of us who also watch YS wondered why we'd never heard about Tam after Sheldon grew up. And so on ...

...and on: This, I think, fits in well with this remarkable excerpt from an article on this website.

The Big Bang Theory: 20 Weird Fan Theories (That Make Too Much Sense)
screenrant.com

"One of the series' biggest unsolved mysteries is undoubtedly Penny's last name, which has become a hot discussion topic for fans. While she is now sometimes called Penny Hofstadter, fans can only guess what her maiden name is. In a forum discussion on The Big Bang Theory Fan Site, multiple ideas, some more humorous than others, can be found on the subject, ranging from “Lane” to “Jones.”

:shy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I completely agree. It seems since the conception of "YS", TPTB are bending over backwards to change grown up Sheldon;s past to match "YS". The introduction of Tam and the cross over with that show, no matter how brief, is needless IMHO. I know some will disagree, but that's alright. I can't wait for the episode so I can practice my fast forwarding skills!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, vonmar said:

Yeah we kind of do. Wasn't it at one time the 20+ million viewers who turn in every week?

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

I am not interested and it is not about Sheldon’s story - I just think it is dark and not funny enough.  But, I doubt the wider audience has an opinion on the subject.  Well a lot of them watch both shows so I doubt they object.  

Agree ! Sheldon is not the main character,particularly. There's an interesting and varied cast of characters, much much wider than TBBT's, but little to laugh at.  

13 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Agree ! Sheldon is not the main character,particularly. There's an interesting and varied cast of characters, much much wider than TBBT's, but little to laugh at.  

I'm glad you like that show. Personally, I've only seen commercials and it don't tickle my fancy as something I want to watch. I get enough Sheldon in TBBT, don't need any more, not even a young, cute Sheldon!

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say most viewers of YS watch it simply because it's on after TBBT. I don't think there will be an urge by many to turn on YS next year. Most people will find something else to do.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think it's safe to say most viewers of YS watch it simply because it's on after TBBT. I don't think there will be an urge by many to turn on YS next year. Most people will find something else to do.

I have to agree!

44 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

There's really no way to know. We'll have to wait and see if they get a third season and then see how it goes.

12 minutes ago, bfm said:

There's really no way to know. We'll have to wait and see if they get a third season and then see how it goes.

I find it hard to believe YS is getting viewers just to watch it and not TBBT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I totally agree with you, once Tbbt is off the air there will be a major drop in the rating and viewers of YS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I totally agree with you, once Tbbt is off the air there will be a major drop in the rating and viewers of YS.

While Amy did get some new viewers TBS also got many viewers to TBBT. What new viewer is going to watch YS. And a crossover with TBBT is certainly not add viewers to TBBT. As I read somewhere else it's obvious the writers have nothing left.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic