The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

43 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yep, he's lynch pin of sorts. If he says no, that could sway Kaley as well. It may not, but it could. But then Johnny may just continue. It'll be hard to turn down that much money.

They could write episodes without him in. So long as he appears now and again it needn't be a disaster. They could do that for all of them actually, couldn't they ? It might mean banking a few Skype scenes and writing and taping some scenarios in advance, but I bet they could do it if they made the effort.

52 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yep, he's lynch pin of sorts. If he says no, that could sway Kaley as well. It may not, but it could. But then Johnny may just continue. It'll be hard to turn down that much money.

I'm not sure the money thing is that big of a deal.  Johnny, if he wished to continue acting, could move over to "The Connors".   While he wouldn't make as much money, it would also give him more time for his production company and his music.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

I'm not sure the money thing is that big of a deal.  Johnny, if he wished to continue acting, could move over to "The Connors".   While he wouldn't make as much money, it would also give him more time for his production company and his music.

So true. I had forgotten about the Roseanne Barr-less Connors Show.

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

True, but there are some they can make do without. The big three, not so much. It'll be fun watching it all play out. By the way, rumors are fun to play with.

The show has evolved a lot, but sure departures from the cast would pose some problems both big and small.

In some TV shows actually you see an easier transition when say two characters go rather than the one.  Hypothetically if Johnny doesn't want to carry on (this is a scenario we are kind of discussing because he seems the least keen and has been for a while) then what the hell do you do with the Penny character?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They could write episodes without him in. So long as he appears now and again it needn't be a disaster. They could do that for all of them actually, couldn't they ? It might mean banking a few Skype scenes and writing and taping some scenarios in advance, but I bet they could do it if they made the effort.

That's the thing, do they want to make the effort or just do a clean break!

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

The show has evolved a lot, but sure departures from the cast would pose some problems both big and small.

In some TV shows actually you see an easier transition when say two characters go rather than the one.  Hypothetically if Johnny doesn't want to carry on (this is a scenario we are kind of discussing because he seems the least keen and has been for a while) then what the hell do you do with the Penny character?

That's the question. Then again if he leaves, she may leave as well. She has her husband, horses and a production company that has plans for productions for her to do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Not Lenny, they were married the first episode season 9.

Good point. It must have been the next morning because it was eleven hours after Amy had told Sheldon she wanted a break. So would they celebrate it the day after Shamy's and  two days after Howardette's ? 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I highly doubt Kaley wants to be on the show if Johnny says no.

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Good point. It must have been the next morning because it was eleven hours after Amy had told Sheldon she wanted a break. So would they celebrate it the day after Shamy's and  two days after Howardette's ? 

Impossible to tell in my opinion, because we don't know what dates (in tbbt world) they got married. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I highly doubt Kaley wants to be on the show if Johnny says no.

Impossible to tell in my opinion, because we don't know what dates (in tbbt world) they got married. 

The only date we may know is Shamy's as they announced when they tried to schedule The Athenaeum for the ceremony.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Good question. One wonders if this possible eventuality was one of the reasons for making her a sales rep in Bernadette's company. Perhaps the ridiculous boat kiss too.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I agree. If they had someone who didn't want to do it full time, they could just write around them in certain eps and make the eps they appear in a storyline for them. That wouldn't really bother me, actually. I get tried of watching them try to cram something about all seven main characters in around 15 minutes of commercials. If it was me doing a few minutes work for a million dollars, yes, I'd stick with it, but for them I don't know.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I agree. If they had someone who didn't want to do it full time, they could just write around them in certain eps and make the eps they appear in a storyline for them. That wouldn't really bother me, actually. I get tried of watching them try to cram something about all seven main characters in around 15 minutes of commercials. If it was me doing a few minutes work for a million dollars, yes, I'd stick with it, but for them I don't know.

No Johnny. Kaley or both, I stop watching. I'd just watch reruns of seasons 1 thru 12.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Good question. One wonders if this possible eventuality was one of the reasons for making her a sales rep in Bernadette's company. Perhaps the ridiculous boat kiss too.

I seriously doubt that. 

They could have Leonard going to work in a far place for some months, perhaps going some episodes into the season. He would make visits and communicate through Skype. Penny could also visit him. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Popped in after seeing the “news”. I feel it will all hinge on the cast. So many of them have been preparing their careers to move on. —projects, production companies, etc.  I certainly wish them all well.  

I agree with whomever said money is no longer the issue. They all seem to care for one another as friend along with being coworkers. I think if one has made the final decision not to continue, none of them will.  JMO

looking forward to season 12...

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Tensor said:

It does show us where the talks are.  As Bill said.   First CBS and Warner Brothers have to come to an agreement.  Then, Warner Brothers has to come to an agreement with the producers, the writers, the crew and the cast.  The crew may not be too difficult, as they work for Warner Brothers.   Those that don't, and the writers work for Chuck Lorre's production company, so that is who they work through.   The tricky part could be the cast.  Obviously, if they all come back, there is no problem.   If there are some who don't want to continue, how many could they lose and still call it TBBT?  Raj?   Howardette?  Shamy?  Lenny?  Or what if they don't lose a couple but individuals, which ones and/or how many.  They might be able to get around someone leaving if they agree to make guest appearances.    I have  a sneaking suspicion that the continuation of the show is going to come down to which and how many of the actors are coming back.  

Think you are right.  Although in previous interviews both Johnny and Kaley have said they would continue until the end, I just have this throb in the back of my head that even though the money is enticing they feel that their roles have been diminished. Which of course they probably would never say publicly. Plus the fact they both now have their own production companies and can choose their own projects.

20 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon moved across the hall into 4B, not to a new apartment/building.

Raj's apartment, Bernie's apartment, H/B house and Raj's garage apartment are all swing sets. 

To me, it's not the same thing. 4A/4B have existed since the pilot and are the hub of the familiarity of the show.

My best guess estimate would be, if the writers are brave enough, have Lenny buy a house maybe near Howardette and then Shamy can move back into 4A. This scenario would keep the hallway set.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I think Kaley kind of pushed them into changing jobs. As far back as season 5 she was saying that Penny needs a "real" job. Then cutting her hair somewhat forced them to change her job description. However, Johnny and Kaley are united and if things go south with Johnny I get the feeling she will not return either. They can very well write a storyline where they have to move for one or the others career.  But on the downside, I think many viewers will tank watching TBBT if this scenario plays out.

• Like 1

If Leonard leaves they lose Amy and get Shenny.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

25 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

If Leonard leaves they lose Amy and get Shenny.

If Johnny leaves or Kaley, they can do what they want because I will stop watching. As I said earlier it'll be reruns of seasons 1 thru 12!

32 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I think Kaley kind of pushed them into changing jobs. As far back as season 5 she was saying that Penny needs a "real" job. Then cutting her hair somewhat forced them to change her job description. However, Johnny and Kaley are united and if things go south with Johnny I get the feeling she will not return either. They can very well write a storyline where they have to move for one or the others career.  But on the downside, I think many viewers will tank watching TBBT if this scenario plays out.

Totally agree!

35 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

What does cutting her hair has to do with changing the character's job?

Actually JP could be the one leaving. He has a place in NY he lives most of the time and he is selling his place in LA. I’m sure there is no need for him to be in LA for his voiceover for YS. He could do that in NY.

• Like 1

I would hate to see anyone leave and it continue. The most likely to leav3 first I believe would be Johnny and Jim therefore causing the rest to follow. 

I don't think anyone will be leaving if there is a s13. 24m a year is a shit load of $s to turn down. If they are not offered a pay cut again, I think all 3 will be on board.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't think anyone will be leaving if there is a s13. 24m a year is a shit load of $s to turn down. If they are not offered a pay cut again, I think all 3 will be on board.

How much money does a person really need, though? They're already crazy rich and have big houses, good cars etc. and have donated money to causes they care about.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Leonard doesn’t survive gamma ray experiment (after work drinks & too many Hulk comics),  after Penny reveals pregnancy. Penny and Zach then rekindle and move to Venice Cal.  to raise  smart and beautiful babies (never-seen twins). Sheldon has stroke in hallway - no particular reason - Amy hooks up with Bert, then Howard and Bernadette become hero couple.

You’re  welcome

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

How much money does a person really need, though? They're already crazy rich and have big houses, good cars etc. and have donated money to causes they care about.
True, but to maintain the lifestyles they are acustom to also cost money.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, chucky said:

I think it's more important to her than you think. Having kids with Karl is also a possibility.

I highly doubt that because Kaley has always told us how much she does not like children