The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Just now, legacy99 said:

I guess I will start just wondering how many more times sheldon is going to need ys help and advice

the story isn't far off the path i mean, his dad is gone a bit of advice from him isn't bad

from what i read its more of what his dad says than his younger self 

• Like 1

the story isn't far off the path i mean, his dad is gone a bit of advice from him isn't bad

from what i read its more of what his dad says than his younger self 
Sheldon considered his dad a drunk and cheater why would he want advice from him

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Sheldon considered his dad a drunk and cheater why would he want advice from him

Still his dad he says while he might not have been a great person i think he still cared for him and i think some of the lines throughout the years have hinted that sheldon did like the time they spent together even though it was a means to end to get to do his homework aka watching football those are still bonding moments in life 

like when his mother said his father always told her you have to be slow with sheldon that hints that maybe his father was more the sympathetic person to who sheldon was even if it was in his early years until his mom caught on 

Edited by MookiStar
  • Like 1

Still his dad he says while he might not have been a great person i think he still cared for him and i think some of the lines throughout the years have hinted that sheldon did like the time they spent together even though it was a means to end to get to do his homework aka watching football those are still bonding moments in life 
like when his mother said his father always told her you have to be slow with sheldon that hints that maybe his father was more the sympathetic person to who sheldon was even if it was in his early years until his mom caught on 
Jmo but i think the writers are more interested in having more ys stories than they are concerned about how it affects tbbt

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Jmo but i think the writers are more interested in having more ys stories than they are concerned about how it affects tbbt

if we all thought the same way the world would be a boring place or we would be the borg

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

if we all thought the same way the world would be a boring place or we would be the borg
I consider it more like the old bait and switch myself when it comes tbbt

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, SRAM said:

If Penny would have dated “quality guys” during the time she was broken up with Leonard they would have just been a copy of Ross and Rachel from Friends.  

I've seen only one episode of "Friends," on a trans-Atlantic flight.

I hear it's pretty good.

Edited by Capt. Hilts

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Well, perhaps he didn't spend his entire life as a drunk and a cheater, and when a dad is gone, it's hard not to wonder what he would say to you later in life, no matter how he was back then. My dad WAS a drunk and a cheater, but there are still certain days in certain circumstances when I wish I could just hear his voice again one more time. He could be a real ass but he wasn't always an ass.

With most people though it's the bad stuff they remember the most until they start trying to remember more.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
lousy typist

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Totally agree. The writers don't care about the impact that "ys" has on TBBT. as long as that other show looks good!

• Like 3

Well, perhaps he didn't spend his entire life as a drunk and a cheater, and when a dad is gone, it's hard not to wonder what he would say to you later in life, no matter how he was back then. My dad WAS a drunk and a cheater, but there are still certain days in certain circumstances when I wish I could just hear his voice again one more time. He could be a real ass but he wasn't always an ass.

With most people though it's the bad stuff they remember the most until they start trying to remember more.
I'm sorry you had to live through that but I was talking about sheldon I can't remember in the first 11 seasons that sheldon said anything good about his dad all i remember is negative things

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MookiStar said:

I see it completely different. George Sr cared for George Jr more since he acted more like him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chucky said:

I see it completely different. George Sr cared for George Jr more since he acted more like him.

i see we are at an impasse 

i mean people take different things from the show in different ways i guess 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MookiStar said:

i see we are at an impasse 

i mean people take different things from the show in different ways i guess 

We are definitely at an impasse. But, you're not the only one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I've seen only one episode of "Friends," on a trans-Atlantic flight.

I hear it's pretty good.

sarcasm? i mean the reruns are everywhere and on like 6 channels in the states

great series my first love before TBBT kinda like TBBT the early seasons are gold but the middle seasons are probably the best overall

Probably not sarcasm.  I've seen parts of several different Friends episodes , but I haven't seen a full episode ever.  I don't intentionally look for it now, and if I come across it while flipping through the channels, I keep flipping.   From the parts I've seen, it doesn't do anything for me, but like Capt Hilts, I hear it's pretty good, from others.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Probably not sarcasm.  I've seen parts of several different Friends episodes , but I haven't seen a full episode ever.  I don't intentionally look for it now, and if I come across it while flipping through the channels, I keep flipping.   From the parts I've seen, it doesn't do anything for me, but like Capt Hilts, I hear it's pretty good, from others.  

oh thanks Tensor

so the deal with friends is you kinda have to know the characters i wasnt a fan in its original run in the 90s it was very popular at my school i was 14/15 and everyone watched it

but around 2006 i started watching episodes on our local tv channels here everyday, it was on at like 4;30pm everyday and myself and my wife kinda kept watching and got hooked on it 

if your offended by old gay panic jokes and the like its probably not for you it has a lot of that stuff in it, it was from a time when it wasn't acceptable really but it was written into shows a lot 

Really? This is what they want to hook viewers with into 2019?

VCR Illumination sounds like a stale note to leave 2018 on, neither plot seems like it will progress anything

Did they only get rid of Super Asymmetry so they could have some filler plots about Sheldon moping and then strengthening his resolve?

Howardette magic is fine for a mid-season subplot....but as the only episode in a 7 week period uhhhh

Happy Holidays?

• Like 5

Yeah i agree i mean R and R is one of my all time fav sitcom couples, and Friends is my fav sitcom of all time (Although I appreciate the show is not to everyones taste). But if they had Penny like Rachel did with Tag, Joshua, Mark etc. Date "Quailty Guys". It woul imo diminish the uniqueness of Lenny. Leonard is the one guy, whos different to the rest for her. Its like in S2 The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis. When Penny fully embraced the guys. And truly started to love Leonard. David Underhill who was a quality guy. Ended up being a jerk. That is prob what made the Leonard Mandy angle so bad. 

As for the YS crossover. Yeah i feared this. A poorly thought out video tape plot. Which seems to tie in with the super asymetry plot. Hacked together and misjointed. Thats the best they can come up with? A VCR illiumnation Tape to encourage a mopy Sheldon. To strengthn his beleif in himself, how bold. Least Christine Baranski is returning.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I'm sorry you had to live through that but I was talking about Sheldon. I can't remember in the first 11 seasons that Sheldon said anything good about his dad. All i remember is negative things.

I think it's an age thing. Some people start to see things from a parent's point of view  only as they get older or find themselves in a similar position. It's then that they start to appreciate things the parent did and maybe forgive a little. Sheldon was getting married before he thought of his father in anything but a negative way. Some people are parents themselves before they understand their own.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Did they only get rid of Super Asymmetry so they could have some filler plots about Sheldon moping and then strengthening his resolve?

Perhaps they are not getting rid of supper Asymmetry. It was sounding like he was going to take another look.  The silly part was he gave up on it so quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm not sure he cared more for Georgie, just that he knew better what to do with him.  Sheldon was perhaps the bigger worry. George Snr at least superficially was able to respond more positively to Georgie when they were on the same wavelength but he still made efforts with Sheldon. In any family, different children make different demands. If parents get a child who's nothing like anybody they've encountered before,it might be harder to know what to do but it doesn't mean they care for that child less than for the others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think it's an age thing. Some people start to see things from a parent's point of view  only as they get older or find themselves in a similar position. It's then that they start to appreciate things the parent did and maybe forgive a little. Sheldon was getting married before he thought of his father in anything but a negative way. Some people are parents themselves before they understand their own.
I'm not trying to analyze sheldon I'm just going on what tptb have shown us for 11 seasons Has he ever said anything good about his father?

• Like 3