[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but from what I hear it could be days with a lot longer than 6 hours.

I don't know anybody personally who works for  BBC-TV or any commercial TV companies so I'll take your word for it. I'm surprised the unions and Health and Safety allow it, considering they're operating heavy machinery.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't know anybody personally who works for  BBC-TV or any commercial TV companies

I don't either. It just stands to reason, if actors work long hours, the crew will as well!

7 hours ago, chucky said:

I don't either. It just stands to reason, if actors work long hours, the crew will as well!

The crews can work in shifts. We were talking about how actors can work shorter hours. The whole crew doesn't have to be at work all the time if the actors go over their time.

Interesting comment from one of the ratings sites I follow:

The CBS and NBC comedies in the 8:00 hour both had the week off; CBS' Sheldon shows were in repeats (1.2/1.1),

That said, the 1.2 for the repeat beat all the entertainment shows last night.  All but Young Sheldon were first run.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

The CBS and NBC comedies in the 8:00 hour both had the week off; CBS' Sheldon shows were in repeats (1.2/1.1),

The Big Bang Theory was also a repeat.

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

That said, the 1.2 for the repeat beat all the entertainment shows last night.  All but Young Sheldon were first run.  

Is that because the Sheldon shows are so great or the other shows so bad?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Is that because the Sheldon shows are so great or the other shows so bad?

It doesn't really matter.  TV is a business, and networks look for shows that bring in money.   Ad revenue is based on relative ratings, so the networks don't care if it the best of the worst shows ever, or the best of the best shows ever.        TBBT recently took over the number one spot from This is Us on Live + Same Day (2.26 to 2.23) in demo, and leads NCIS (12.6 million to 12.1 million) to be the number 1 entertainment show in both demo and  viewers.     It may pull off rare feat of being the number one show, in it's last season.    

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It doesn't really matter.  TV is a business, and networks look for shows that bring in money.   Ad revenue is based on relative ratings, so the networks don't care if it the best of the worst shows ever, or the best of the best shows ever.        TBBT recently took over the number one spot from This is Us on Live + Same Day (2.26 to 2.23) in demo, and leads NCIS (12.6 million to 12.1 million) to be the number entertainment show in both demo and  viewers.     It may pull off rare feat of being the number one show, in it's last season.    

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

:cool:

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

You don't think money will be made on the reruns from now to...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series.

Are you referring loss of viewers from 20 years ago, or the perceived reduction, you have, of quality from 20 years ago to now?  

38 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

You don't think money will be made on the reruns from now to...

Friends went off the air in May 2004.  14 years later that cast is still pulling in $20 million a year in residuals and continues to make billions for their studio.

From what I understand TBBT cast have similar deals to the Friends cast.

TBBT will continue to make money for everyone involved for a very long time.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Besides sharing your opinion, I'll go one further: I don't care if TBBT finishes #1. This season is still crap, IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Friends went off the air in May 2004.  14 years later that cast is still pulling in $20 million a year in residuals and continues to make billions for their studio.

From what I understand TBBT cast have similar deals to the Friends cast.

TBBT will continue to make money for everyone involved for a very long time.

Without a happy ending for all the characters it won’t last 14 years. At this point I don’t see the happy ending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Be careful... They have managed to surprise me too many times already...

Right now it's so bad it has to improve! I mean they had to resort to bringing cast members of that show on TBBT! Was that a move to help TBBT or that other show who's name will not be mentioned by me!  :sungum:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Right now it's so bad it has to improve! I mean they had to resort to bringing cast members of that show on TBBT! Was that a move to help TBBT or that other show who's name will not be mentioned by me!  :sungum:

I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Romance Recalibration". I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Collaboration Fluctuation", and some other plain bad season 10 (second half) episodes. I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Procreation Recalculation" (one of the hardest hits of them all). And that's a partial list. I'm certainly not looking forward for the next hit. It can always get worse.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Romance Recalibration". I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Collaboration Fluctuation", and some other plain bad season 10 (second half) episodes. I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Procreation Recalculation" (one of the hardest hits of them all). And that's a partial list. I'm certainly not looking forward for the next hit. It can always get worse.

I agree it can get worse, but at some point it has to hit rock bottom.

Just now, legacy99 said:

Unfortunately I don't think we're anywhere near rock bottom yet

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well, let's cross our fingers, toes legs, arms and eyes for an end to this downward plunge!

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic