Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but from what I hear it could be days with a lot longer than 6 hours.

I don't know anybody personally who works for  BBC-TV or any commercial TV companies so I'll take your word for it. I'm surprised the unions and Health and Safety allow it, considering they're operating heavy machinery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't know anybody personally who works for  BBC-TV or any commercial TV companies

I don't either. It just stands to reason, if actors work long hours, the crew will as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chucky said:

I don't either. It just stands to reason, if actors work long hours, the crew will as well!

The crews can work in shifts. We were talking about how actors can work shorter hours. The whole crew doesn't have to be at work all the time if the actors go over their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting comment from one of the ratings sites I follow:

The CBS and NBC comedies in the 8:00 hour both had the week off; CBS' Sheldon shows were in repeats (1.2/1.1),

 

That said, the 1.2 for the repeat beat all the entertainment shows last night.  All but Young Sheldon were first run.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Interesting comment from one of the ratings sites I follow:

The CBS and NBC comedies in the 8:00 hour both had the week off; CBS' Sheldon shows were in repeats (1.2/1.1),

 

 

The Big Bang Theory was also a repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Interesting comment from one of the ratings sites I follow:

The CBS and NBC comedies in the 8:00 hour both had the week off; CBS' Sheldon shows were in repeats (1.2/1.1),

 

That said, the 1.2 for the repeat beat all the entertainment shows last night.  All but Young Sheldon were first run.  

Is that because the Sheldon shows are so great or the other shows so bad?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Is that because the Sheldon shows are so great or the other shows so bad?

It doesn't really matter.  TV is a business, and networks look for shows that bring in money.   Ad revenue is based on relative ratings, so the networks don't care if it the best of the worst shows ever, or the best of the best shows ever.        TBBT recently took over the number one spot from This is Us on Live + Same Day (2.26 to 2.23) in demo, and leads NCIS (12.6 million to 12.1 million) to be the number 1 entertainment show in both demo and  viewers.     It may pull off rare feat of being the number one show, in it's last season.    

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It doesn't really matter.  TV is a business, and networks look for shows that bring in money.   Ad revenue is based on relative ratings, so the networks don't care if it the best of the worst shows ever, or the best of the best shows ever.        TBBT recently took over the number one spot from This is Us on Live + Same Day (2.26 to 2.23) in demo, and leads NCIS (12.6 million to 12.1 million) to be the number entertainment show in both demo and  viewers.     It may pull off rare feat of being the number one show, in it's last season.    

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

You don't think money will be made on the reruns from now to...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series.

 

Are you referring loss of viewers from 20 years ago, or the perceived reduction, you have, of quality from 20 years ago to now?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

You don't think money will be made on the reruns from now to...

Friends went off the air in May 2004.  14 years later that cast is still pulling in $20 million a year in residuals and continues to make billions for their studio.

From what I understand TBBT cast have similar deals to the Friends cast.

TBBT will continue to make money for everyone involved for a very long time.

 

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

JMO TBBT being #1 now and 20 years ago is like comparing the Little World Series to the Major League World Series. I understand your numbers but that’s not going to mean much after the finale.

Besides sharing your opinion, I'll go one further: I don't care if TBBT finishes #1. This season is still crap, IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Friends went off the air in May 2004.  14 years later that cast is still pulling in $20 million a year in residuals and continues to make billions for their studio.

From what I understand TBBT cast have similar deals to the Friends cast.

TBBT will continue to make money for everyone involved for a very long time.

 

Without a happy ending for all the characters it won’t last 14 years. At this point I don’t see the happy ending.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfm said:

Be careful... They have managed to surprise me too many times already...

Right now it's so bad it has to improve! I mean they had to resort to bringing cast members of that show on TBBT! Was that a move to help TBBT or that other show who's name will not be mentioned by me!  :sungum:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

Right now it's so bad it has to improve! I mean they had to resort to bringing cast members of that show on TBBT! Was that a move to help TBBT or that other show who's name will not be mentioned by me!  :sungum:

I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Romance Recalibration". I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Collaboration Fluctuation", and some other plain bad season 10 (second half) episodes. I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Procreation Recalculation" (one of the hardest hits of them all). And that's a partial list. I'm certainly not looking forward for the next hit. It can always get worse.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Romance Recalibration". I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Collaboration Fluctuation", and some other plain bad season 10 (second half) episodes. I thought my expectations were low, and then came "The Procreation Recalculation" (one of the hardest hits of them all). And that's a partial list. I'm certainly not looking forward for the next hit. It can always get worse.

I agree it can get worse, but at some point it has to hit rock bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legacy99 said:

Unfortunately I don't think we're anywhere near rock bottom yet

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Well, let's cross our fingers, toes legs, arms and eyes for an end to this downward plunge!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.