Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I think we should get a Halloween episode this season. I agree now the Shamy Story Arch has been pretty much finalized. And other plots. The show should start taking more bold risks with story choices. Just some fun plots I am asking for. Like said a Halloween episode. The guys could have a game night. While the girls drink wine and bitch about their men :D. I would also like too see some focus on Pennys career. Whether she pursues more work in PR. OR whatever. Like too see Leonards career develop too. He's been kinda stagnant for a while in his career. I think he would make a good professor/teacher. As for birthday partys. Like to see them Homaging the Peanut Reaction. And have an whole episode dedicated to Leonards Bday. Man deserves some payoff!

BINGO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to Season 12 starting! Hopefully it brings new humor and beginnings.

Its no secret that the writers have struggled over the last 3/4 seasons to put out consistently good episodes in the way that they did from seasons 1 through 7. I'm praying that the writers can forget writing about heavy story arcs such as Shamy (as far as I'm concerned they're story is pretty much finalized) and Bernadette's babies. 

I want new, fresh comedy. Real comedy. That makes us laugh as much as we did in the first 7 seasons. I want group episodes like the scavenger hunt - imagine a paintball-themed Halloween episode for all 7. How good would that be? I want video games. I want science. I want old Sheldon. If this season is gonna work we need to keep Sheldon and Amy separated as much as possible or at least with everyone else in between them. I love Shamy. I really do. But as a couple they are overused and exhausted. Sheldon needs to be reverted until at least the season 7 version of himself. Tone down the sexualisation of the character. It's a little unrealistic that someone would convert from virtually asexual to someone who regularly has sex. Like Mayim Bialik said, it should have been more gradual and developed. It is all a little too sudden. Plus it kind of removes the uniqueness of Sheldon's character. They also need to tone down the whole Shamy relationship as it is advancing too quickly to the point where it is not unique to either character.

I want the writers to bring back everything that made us love our show as much as we do. Now that almost everyone is married, it's time to start from the start again. I'm all for character development, but the characters have become over-developed. Sheldon has changed so much that he is virtually unrecognisable. Bring back the geeky side of the guys. Bring back Penny's bitchier side (not in regard to Leonard though). For example, do and episode where one of the stories is Penny and Leonard out on date night where they run into Priya and her new husband who is basically a carbon-copy of Leonard. Explore how Penny reacts. Penny is the one character that has been disgracefully underused over the last 3/4 years. All the writers have her do is bounce jokes and give advice on other characters' issues. Which brings me on to my next point...

Penny should not be a pharmaceutical sales rep. As a character, it doesn't fit her. Penny hasn't really been herself since she gave up acting. That's where Penny should be. Perhaps not an actress, but at least as a presenter or weather girl or something. She has such a bold personality and she should undoubtedly be working in the entertainment industry. She's too good for the world of pharmaceuticals. Plus the fact that Penny just switched off her desire to achieve her wildest dreams doesn't give viewers much hope for their own. Please... Give Penny story lines! We need to see an unbalance in Leonard and Penny's relationship that will make it harder for them, but will ultimately reveal the intensified feelings for each other that will be vital to hold them together. Plus I'd love a scene at the cheesecake factory where Penny can finally be there and eat with the group. And maybe even complain about how bad the service is there. 

We need a group Christmas episode as well. Like in Season 7. One that makes us believe the closeness of the group and makes us, the viewers, feel warm and fuzzy inside. It would help us re-engage with the characters and become fully invested in their lives. Also episodes like 'The Prom Equivalency' work great for the show.

As bad as it sounds, I also want Howard and Bernadette's children to be ignored as much as possible. Just a mention here and there that Stuart is watching them is fine. One episode in the season we could see them interact with them, but that is as much as we need.

Raj needs to find a girlfriend as well. It could be a very funny, classic story-line if the girls set up a blind-dates for him in a bar. It would be very funny to see the wide array of people who are up for it. I honestly feel that Lucy is the girl for Raj and we could see Raj's consideration over giving her another chance. 

I feel like, at this stage, the writers should strive to achieve characters and storylines to be on the same level as in Season 7 when the show was at its peak in regard to viewing figures.

Season 12 needs to be spectacular. No dud episodes like we had in Seasons 8, 9, 10 and 11. We need full on, brilliant, award-winning comedy. The Big Bang Theory needs to regain its place as the best show on TV. Especially if this is the last season. It needs to be brilliant. This is the season the show will be remembered by. Please give us the final season we deserve. Or better still, never end the show.

 

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBBT_FanAttic said:

I'm looking forward to Season 12 starting! Hopefully it brings new humor and beginnings.

Its no secret that the writers have struggled over the last 3/4 seasons to put out consistently good episodes in the way that they did from seasons 1 through 7. I'm praying that the writers can forget writing about heavy story arcs such as Shamy (as far as I'm concerned they're story is pretty much finalized) and Bernadette's babies. 

I want new, fresh comedy. Real comedy. That makes us laugh as much as we did in the first 7 seasons. I want group episodes like the scavenger hunt - imagine a paintball-themed Halloween episode for all 7. How good would that be? I want video games. I want science. I want old Sheldon. If this season is gonna work we need to keep Sheldon and Amy separated as much as possible or at least with everyone else in between them. I love Shamy. I really do. But as a couple they are overused and exhausted. Sheldon needs to be reverted until at least the season 7 version of himself. Tone down the sexualisation of the character. It's a little unrealistic that someone would convert from virtually asexual to someone who regularly has sex. Like Mayim Bialik said, it should have been more gradual and developed. It is all a little too sudden. Plus it kind of removes the uniqueness of Sheldon's character. They also need to tone down the whole Shamy relationship as it is advancing too quickly to the point where it is not unique to either character.

I want the writers to bring back everything that made us love our show as much as we do. Now that almost everyone is married, it's time to start from the start again. I'm all for character development, but the characters have become over-developed. Sheldon has changed so much that he is virtually unrecognisable. Bring back the geeky side of the guys. Bring back Penny's bitchier side (not in regard to Leonard though). For example, do and episode where one of the stories is Penny and Leonard out on date night where they run into Priya and her new husband who is basically a carbon-copy of Leonard. Explore how Penny reacts. Penny is the one character that has been disgracefully underused over the last 3/4 years. All the writers have her do is bounce jokes and give advice on other characters' issues. Which brings me on to my next point...

Penny should not be a pharmaceutical sales rep. As a character, it doesn't fit her. Penny hasn't really been herself since she gave up acting. That's where Penny should be. Perhaps not an actress, but at least as a presenter or weather girl or something. She has such a bold personality and she should undoubtedly be working in the entertainment industry. She's too good for the world of pharmaceuticals. Plus the fact that Penny just switched off her desire to achieve her wildest dreams doesn't give viewers much hope for their own. Please... Give Penny story lines! We need to see an unbalance in Leonard and Penny's relationship that will make it harder for them, but will ultimately reveal the intensified feelings for each other that will be vital to hold them together. Plus I'd love a scene at the cheesecake factory where Penny can finally be there and eat with the group. And maybe even complain about how bad the service is there. 

We need a group Christmas episode as well. Like in Season 7. One that makes us believe the closeness of the group and makes us, the viewers, feel warm and fuzzy inside. It would help us re-engage with the characters and become fully invested in their lives. Also episodes like 'The Prom Equivalency' work great for the show.

As bad as it sounds, I also want Howard and Bernadette's children to be ignored as much as possible. Just a mention here and there that Stuart is watching them is fine. One episode in the season we could see them interact with them, but that is as much as we need.

Raj needs to find a girlfriend as well. It could be a very funny, classic story-line if the girls set up a blind-dates for him in a bar. It would be very funny to see the wide array of people who are up for it. I honestly feel that Lucy is the girl for Raj and we could see Raj's consideration over giving her another chance. 

I feel like, at this stage, the writers should strive to achieve characters and storylines to be on the same level as in Season 7 when the show was at its peak in regard to viewing figures.

Season 12 needs to be spectacular. No dud episodes like we had in Seasons 8, 9, 10 and 11. We need full on, brilliant, award-winning comedy. The Big Bang Theory needs to regain its place as the best show on TV. Especially if this is the last season. It needs to be brilliant. This is the season the show will be remembered by. Please give us the final season we deserve. Or better still, never end the show.

 

 

 

Wow, You said a mouthful. Some I agree with some, others, not so much. But it is entertaining and pretty much doable. Nicely done!  :hi:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum @TBBT_FanAttic

While I may not agree with everything on your post it was well elaborated and interesting to read.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree that having Penny as a pharmaceutical rep is not doing much for the show. I'd be extraordinarily surprised if they had her go back to acting unless it is amateur theater or something like that. I think the Serial Apeist #2 put the final nail in that coffin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBBT_FanAttic said:

Season 12 needs to be spectacular. No dud episodes like we had in Seasons 8, 9, 10 and 11. We need full on, brilliant, award-winning comedy.

I expect there are always some duds if only because the audience is broad and one fans masterpiece is another fans dud. There is no pleasing everyone. Some of my favorite episodes are in the later seasons.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I'd agree that having Penny as a pharmaceutical rep is not doing much for the show. I'd be extraordinarily surprised if they had her go back to acting unless it is amateur theater or something like that. I think the Serial Apeist #2 put the final nail in that coffin.

I'd love to see her go into tv presenting or maybe doing promotion for Caltech. Something in the entertainment industry. Pharmaceutical Sales doesn't suit her and she doesn't enjoy it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I expect there are always some duds if only because the audience is broad and one fans masterpiece is another fans dud. There is no pleasing everyone. Some of my favorite episodes are in the later seasons.

I honestly feel that from season 1 through 7 there may be 1 or 2 dud episodes. In Season 9 and 10 (especially the second half of season 10) about 30% of eps could be considered below average. Season 11 was definitely an improvement but there's still room for more improvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I expect there are always some duds if only because the audience is broad and one fans masterpiece is another fans dud. There is no pleasing everyone. Some of my favorite episodes are in the later seasons.

Yeah, every season has it's great episodes and it's duds. Not every fans likes and dislikes are the same.

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I think the Serial Apeist #2 put the final nail in that coffin.

It helped, but when she bombed the audition for Kevin Smith's movie was the beginning of the end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chucky said:

she bombed the audition for Kevin Smith's movie

Is this something you are assuming?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Is this something you are assuming?

No, in the episode where Lenny argued on Will Wheaton's pod cast, She did the audition for Kevin Smith's movie. According to Penny's conversation with Amy and Bernie, she bombed it on purpose and left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

No, in the episode where Lenny argued on Will Wheaton's pod cast, She did the audition for Kevin Smith's movie. According to Penny's conversation with Amy and Bernie, she bombed it on purpose and left.

Nope. There is no mention of her intentionally failing at the audition, only that she did fail.

Quote

 I mean, I walked in, read for the part, then stunk up the place, but then I walked right out.

Transcript

  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

I mean, I walked in, read for the part, then stunk up the place, but then I walked right out.

My opinion is she bombed it on purpose and left. You can think otherwise, I could care less.

  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chucky said:

My opinion is she bombed it on purpose and left. You can think otherwise, I could care less.

😄 Your theory doesn't hold water. Why go through with the audition at all if she planned to "bomb" it? 

  • Run to India 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

😄 Your theory doesn't hold water. Why go through with the audition at all if she planned to "bomb" it? 

NEITHER DOES YOURS. Your opinion matters not to me. She didn't go there to bomb it. She changed her mind about wanting to do it!

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chucky said:

No, in the episode where Lenny argued on Will Wheaton's pod cast, She did the audition for Kevin Smith's movie. According to Penny's conversation with Amy and Bernie, she bombed it on purpose and left.

I remembered it wrong. I had thought she just lost interest and walked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

I remembered it wrong. I had thought she just lost interest and walked out.

I think by purposely messing up  was her way of closing her interest in acting. She was fine until she opened the door and saw all those other blond actresses waiting to audition. I think that brought back memories of all those rejections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TBBT_FanAttic said:

I'd love to see her go into tv presenting or maybe doing promotion for Caltech. Something in the entertainment industry. Pharmaceutical Sales doesn't suit her and she doesn't enjoy it.

I actually had her working in promotion for Caltech in my fanfic :) (Although it starts in her last year there) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TBBT_FanAttic said:

I'd love to see her go into tv presenting or maybe doing promotion for Caltech. Something in the entertainment industry. Pharmaceutical Sales doesn't suit her and she doesn't enjoy it.

I can well imagine that Penny could succeed in her current job as a PR officer.  😀
"P: You know, if I do a good job, I'm hoping they'll consider me for a PR position that's opening up." (S11/E18)

n_483.gif.262b28551bf5abf8910221bcd3a45242.gif

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone point me to the interview in which Johnny Galecki expressed relief that there was much less scientific jargon than in previous seasons?

It may or may not be the same group interview where the fellows were mock annoyed at Kaley for not studying her lines and she teased them about how easy her dialogue is in comparison. TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chucky said:

No, in the episode where Lenny argued on Will Wheaton's pod cast, She did the audition for Kevin Smith's movie. According to Penny's conversation with Amy and Bernie, she bombed it on purpose and left.

She never says or implies she bombed it on purpose:

Amy: I can’t believe yeou got up and walked out of an audition for a big movie.

Penny: I did. I mean, I walked in, read for the part, then stunk up the place, but then I walked right out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tensor said:

She never says or implies she bomber it on purpose:

Amy: I can’t believe yeou got up and walked out of an audition for a big movie.

Penny: I did. I mean, I walked in, read for the part, then stunk up the place, but then I walked right out.

I never said Penny stated she bombed. That was my opinion of what happened from reading between the lines.In my opinion she stunk up the place on purpose (bombed it) because she realized one of the reasons she gave up on acting was dealing with all those other actresses vieing for the same part.  But, I can tell that if it's not written in black and white on paper then it didn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

I never said Penny stated she bombed. That was my opinion of what happened from reading between the lines.

Of course, but if she never says OR IMPLIES she bombs it on purpose either, what exactly do you see between those lines that implies she bombed it on purpose?

 

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

In my opinion she stunk up the place on purpose (bombed it) because she realized one of the reasons she gave up on acting was dealing with all those other actresses vieing for the same part. 

And what supports your statement that she bombed it on purpose?  If she didn't want to get the part, she simply could have walked out.  

 

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

But, I can tell that if it's not written in black and white on paper then it didn't happen. 

The simple fact that she waited to leave, until AFTER she did the audition is evidence she wanted to do good at the audition.  I just don't see anything that indicates she blew the audition on purpose.  Lot's of thing can happen if it's not written in black and white.  Remember that time that Howard and Penny had sex in his room, because she felt bad for hitting him?

It can be your opinion that she bombed the audition, nothing wrong with that.  I just jumped in because another member thought they misremembered what had happened in that episode.   But there is nothing that really supports your contention, or that the other member misremembered.  If you can provide  some sort of evidence to support your contention, I'll be more than happy to change my view on the matter.   

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

 

Of course, but if she never says OR IMPLIES she bombs it on purpose either, what exactly do you see between those lines that implies she bombed it on purpose?

 

And what supports your statement that she bombed it on purpose?  If she didn't want to get the part, she simply could have walked out.  

 

The simple fact that she waited to leave, until AFTER she did the audition is evidence she wanted to do good at the audition.  I just don't see anything that indicates she blew the audition on purpose.  Lot's of thing can happen if it's not written in black and white.  Remember that time that Howard and Penny had sex in his room, because she felt bad for hitting him?

It can be your opinion that she bombed the audition, nothing wrong with that.  I just jumped in because another member thought they misremembered what had happened in that episode.   But there is nothing that really supports your contention, or that the other member misremembered.  If you can provide  some sort of evidence to support your contention, I'll be more than happy to change my view on the matter.   

 

 Suffice it to say that it's my opinion. I don't need to give you any explanation. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments about other members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.