[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

To be quite honest I’m not seeing this downward trend or plunge some are referring too. This season has not been spectacular, nor has it been horrible either. Just the continual steady decline. With an odd rise. I thought the Halloween episode was really fun. Rest of the episodes have been fillers. Episodes you probably could place in any random Season 6-8 episode. Like the last episode. Like The Procreation Recalculation was one of the hardest hits. That’s a personal view point.

But I was personally more bothered by The Romance Recalibration and The Commitment Determination. I felt the Procreation episode this season. Was purposely left as a gray area. Penny not wanting to lose her independence. And Leonard compromising to remain consistent within their relationship. I diddnt think it was the nightmare some thought it was. I think they’ve purposefully left it open. Even Kaley pointed out “I hope she changes her mind”. I guess it depends on your own specific expectations. If you thought Penny was super committed to having kids (I never did). Than yeah you prob diddnt see it coming.

The YS/TBBT cross promotional episode looks very dialed in as well. You’ve got Sheldon discovering an old VCR tape. Where he sees his younger self talking about his hopes and dreams. And I’m presuming this strengthens Sheldons resolve. Blah. Just an attempt to tie in the Super Assymtery plot. I wasent a fan of the crossover. But seems a bit of waste, and a missed opportunity. 

• Like 2

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

Well, let's cross our fingers, toes legs, arms and eyes for an end to this downward plunge!
There's a Rock Bottom Brewery down the street from me maybe I should check it out[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

If it was as bad as it sounds here I would have given up on it. I think the last episode is the only one I rated as bad this season. I have been enjoying YS more. 

YS changes cannon too much for me. I think the first half as been just above average. I think comparing to first six seasons is futile. Those were the peak years. 

• Like 3

Can't worry about that as TBBT was never all that consistent.
I think it's kind of sad when you have to change the original program to make the new one work

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

5 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think it's kind of sad when you have to change the original program to make the new one work

I think the changes are nothing compared to the boat kiss and the marriage to Zack. Who snores was another unforced inconsistency.

• Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I think the changes are nothing compared to the boat kiss and the marriage to Zack. Who snores was another unforced inconsistency.
I know tptb had Leonard and Penny do things that weren't in character as far as I'm concerned but to change the original to match the new show imo shows that their not that concerned about tbbt as they are ys

• Like 2

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I know tptb had Leonard and Penny do things that weren't in character as far as I'm concerned but to change the original to match the new show imo shows that their not that concerned about tbbt as they are ys

Seems to me TBBT's fate is mostly set in motion. YS on the other hand is up in the air. They ought to be concerned about it.

• Like 1

Seems to me TBBT's fate is mostly set in motion. YS on the other hand is up in the air. They ought to be concerned about it.
How do you think one of my customers would feel if I told them that their job is in the wrapping up stage and their not that important to me because I started a new job with someone else

• Like 1

Is this season boring, creatively lacking and bad?  Or am I the one that has changed, the feelings even the interest I get from the show just isn't the same but the show itself hasn't changed all that much?

I keep asking myself these questions and I just don't know...

What I do know is that I visit the site way less and I don't have that urge that I once had to dissect every scene, storyline and character development each week.  Even my home 'The Shamy Thread' I feel like I have literally no reason or need to post in it right now, I used to spend hours upon hours checking it and very eager to post.

I've spoken to a few others and they also seem to be not 'feeling it' this season and they also like me can't exactly pinpoint why they feel like they do.  I hope I feel differently at some point, I miss those days when there was a real buzz about something.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, legacy99 said:

There's a Rock Bottom Brewery down the street from me maybe I should check it outemoji4.png

Sounds like a place to after each new episode. Err, maybe a few older episodes as well! :sungum:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Is this season boring, creatively lacking and bad?  Or am I the one that has changed, the feelings even interest I get from the show just isn't the same but the show itself hasn't changed all that much?

What I do know is that I visit the site way less and I don't have that urge that I once had to dissect every scene, storyline and character development each week.  Even my home 'The Shamy Thread' I feel like I have literally no reason or need to post in it right now, I used to spend hours upon hours checking it and very eager to post.

I've spoken to a few others and they also seem to be not 'feeling it' this season and they also like me can't exactly pinpoint why they feel like they do.  I hope I feel differently at some point I miss those days when there was a real buzz about something.

I feel ya. Though with me it has also to do with real life, and in part also with the forum itself rather than the show. But in general my drive to post has been at an all time low. Bit of a pity but then again I have more important stuff to do right now.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

To be quite honest I’m not seeing this downward trend or plunge some are referring too. This season has not been spectacular, nor has it been horrible either. Just the continual steady decline. With an odd rise. I thought the Halloween episode was really fun. Rest of the episodes have been fillers. Episodes you probably could place in any random Season 6-8 episode. Like the last episode. Like The Procreation Recalculation was one of the hardest hits. That’s a personal view point.

But I was personally more bothered by The Romance Recalibration and The Commitment Determination. I felt the Procreation episode this season. Was purposely left as a gray area. Penny not wanting to lose her independence. And Leonard compromising to remain consistent within their relationship. I diddnt think it was the nightmare some thought it was. I think they’ve purposefully left it open. Even Kaley pointed out “I hope she changes her mind”. I guess it depends on your own specific expectations. If you thought Penny was super committed to having kids (I never did). Than yeah you prob diddnt see it coming.

The YS/TBBT cross promotional episode looks very dialed in as well. You’ve got Sheldon discovering an old VCR tape. Where he sees his younger self talking about his hopes and dreams. And I’m presuming this strengthens Sheldons resolve. Blah. Just an attempt to tie in the Super Assymtery plot. I wasent a fan of the crossover. But seems a bit of waste, and a missed opportunity. 

I've also seen a steady downward decline for a long time. I also never saw Penny as super committed to having kids. And I think everything has been dialed in since they made the announcement that it was the last season. I think mentally everyone in the cast and crew is starting to move on.

13 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Can't worry about that as TBBT was never all that consistent.

YES!

3 hours ago, legacy99 said:

How do you think one of my customers would feel if I told them that their job is in the wrapping up stage and their not that important to me because I started a new job with someone else

Like this doesn't happen every day somewhere in the world...they wouldn't like it but they couldn't do a damned thing about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Is this season boring, creatively lacking and bad?  Or am I the one that has changed, the feelings even interest I get from the show just isn't the same but the show itself hasn't changed all that much?

I've spoken to a few others and they also seem to be not 'feeling it' this season and they also like me can't exactly pinpoint why they feel like they do.  I hope I feel differently at some point I miss those days when there was a real buzz about something.

53 minutes ago, April said:

I feel ya. Though with me it has also to do with real life, and in part also with the forum itself rather than the show. But in general my drive to post has been at an all time low. Bit of a pity but then again I have more important stuff to do right now.

Yeah I get that... Although I do feel that the problem is more to do with the show than with me... (And I also post frequently, but that's more because I'm just between things right now so I have time, it will probably not be this way when I start residency, which hopefully will be during the season)

When I compare my feelings watching (And waiting for) episodes of other shows the difference is very big, and I find it sad. Sure I'm mostly pessimistic about this show and I keep my expectations low, but it's not that I like my negative predictions coming true.  I don't feel enthusiastic about this show anymore. When there's a new episode I'm mostly hoping it won't upset me. Sometimes there are nice and entertaining stuff and that's nice, and there was the Halloween episode which I did post about at length (and also, I do appreciate those who bring some laughs and positivity to this forum) but mostly, I don't feel 'it'. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Perhaps more like the guy who is a year from retirement and no longer innovative but has done superb work most of last decade and many still hold in high esteem.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps more like the guy who is a year from retirement and no longer innovative but has done superb work most of last decade and many still hold in high esteem.

But How does that transfer to YS? If anything it makes YS less desirable to watch

• Like 2

In the late eighties and early nineties when i had my last real job there was a $2500 penalty per day for not being done on time for the projects i bid on and i usually had 2 going at a time and i never finished late I work on boats now that I'm retired just doing interesting projects and donating my time for fund raising programs and finish when i say i will. Personally i would never put a new project over one i need to finish

• It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

In the late eighties and early nineties when i had my last real job there was a $2500 penalty per day for not being done on time for the projects i bid on and i usually had 2 going at a time and i never finished late I work on boats now that I'm retired just doing interesting projects and donating my time for fund raising programs and finish when i say i will. Personally i would never put a new project over one i need to finish

This is art not construction.

quote-a-movie-is-never-finished-only-aba

For me season 12 feels just like a long filler episode so far. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been excellent either. I would really like the show to pick up some pace in these last episodes before the final episode, because at the moment the writers are just crusing at a snail pace towards the end.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

For me season 12 feels just like a long filler episode so far. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been excellent either. I would really like the show to pick up some pace in these last episodes before the final episode, because at the moment the writers are just crusing at a snail pace towards the end.

Tbh since 7x24 TBBT has felt like a disappointing sequel. Sheldon Coopers Adventures and his Friends.

2D274905302303-today-rocky-bullwinkle-14

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Tbh since 7x24 TBBT has felt like a disappointing sequel. Sheldon Coopers Adventures and his Friends.

I totally agree with you, the writers could have done so much more with these characters and not just Sheldon.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I totally agree with you, the writers could have done so much more with these characters and not just Sheldon.

I AGREE! But the title should be The Adventures of Sheldon Cooper.

43 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

For me season 12 feels just like a long filler episode so far. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been excellent either.

Surely not the going out with a bang that was promised!

• Like 4

So in tv production its ok to just give up on a long running program in its last season do the writers get their check each week and don't try or how does that work

This is art not construction.
quote-a-movie-is-never-finished-only-abandoned-george-lucas-82-56-38.jpg&key=aaa91ef9054189f60845a23c43ae9fa119c6d30cce747a089a316ce96035971f

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic