[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

So in tv production its ok to just give up on a long running program in its last season do the writers get their check each week and don't try or how does that work

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So the writers get paid each week for whatever crap they write! Last season seems as though they're mailing in the scripts! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

So in tv production its ok to just give up on a long running program in its last season do the writers get their check each week and don't try or how does that work

My point was essentially art is subjective. They are not writing to a set of codes or specifications. The point from GL was that art is never finished because it can always be improved given more time or more resources (these things are finite in the real world). 

• Like 2

My point was essentially art is subjective. They are not writing to a set of codes or specifications. The point from GL was that art is never finished because it can always be improved given more time or more resources (these things are finite in the real world). 
Actually after episode 12-24 its finished there won't be any improvement

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jonny said:

Is this season boring, creatively lacking and bad?  Or am I the one that has changed, the feelings even the interest I get from the show just isn't the same but the show itself hasn't changed all that much?

I keep asking myself these questions and I just don't know...

What I do know is that I visit the site way less and I don't have that urge that I once had to dissect every scene, storyline and character development each week.  Even my home 'The Shamy Thread' I feel like I have literally no reason or need to post in it right now, I used to spend hours upon hours checking it and very eager to post.

I've spoken to a few others and they also seem to be not 'feeling it' this season and they also like me can't exactly pinpoint why they feel like they do.  I hope I feel differently at some point, I miss those days when there was a real buzz about something.

The nature of the show has changed, just as have the lives of any human beings who were in their late twenties twelve years ago. What any of us found amusing, intriguing or exciting at any point in the life of whatever entertains us is either going to stay the same while it changes, or is going to change while its changes go in another direction. It takes us with it or it leaves us behind. It all depends what our tastes are.

I found Amy's time of dating other men and the way the gang rallied round her interesting and the effects on Sheldon of those 'broken-up' weeks surprising. That situation is over and done with.

Should I find the demands of three marriages and an engagement while they all have work issues as fascinating as I did the ups and downs of their courting days or as what four bachelors obsessed with science fiction and games got up to while three women drank and talked ? It depends on what I like - or liked - when. Season twelve of TBBT is in many ways what the previous eleven have been leading up to : the mundaneness and semi-contentment of family life in the forties when career considerations have the additional incentive of earning power to support families and homes, and when the responsibilities for other people's lives is dawning on us. The attraction of a show depicting that for some of us is by its nature going to wane. There are no life-affecting uncertainties for our big babies at this stage and it's no reflection on our tastes or their development if we don't all find fun there now. Personally I don't care if it's dull, I'm still interested.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

For me season 12 feels just like a long filler episode so far. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been excellent either. I would really like the show to pick up some pace in these last episodes before the final episode, because at the moment the writers are just crusing at a snail pace towards the end.

i feel exactly the same way, you put the words that were in my head, it does feel like a long filler episode

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, djsurrey said:

Can't worry about that as TBBT was never all that consistent.

But we have to worry about those things. Otherwise we might just as well say: "Fuck it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

This is art not construction.

Some other movies or TV shows might be art, this is literally shit.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

"If we don't start soon, George Lucas is going to change it again."
S5 - The Ornithophobia Diffusion

:shy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I agree that TBBT has lost it's spark.  Not at all excited about the crossover episode and I don't hate YS (I had to give up trying to match the 2 because it doesn't match what is on TBBT).  That being said though, seems TBBT is doing just fine in TPTB land.  Tensor reported something recently about ratings and how re-runs fared against new-run first aired episodes.  There is literally no reason for TPTB to adjust anything so, like it or not, coasting is working just fine.

Not related so much to the above comment but when TPTB said they had more stories to tell, I think IMO, as this unfolds what they meant was Shamy, Sheldon and YS.  I find it incredibly disappointing that Sheldon is still moping.  This is just like, Really?! You have no stories to tell now.  Then to make it even worse (still, IMO) TBTB are just dragging something out that I felt was adequately wrapped up in the last episode.  If it needed to come back or is going to be running thread; it could easily take a back seat to other stories. 

IMO, there is no passion to tell these stories...it's all about coasting to the end.  There are still stories to tell on YS if it gets renewed (they can change whatever they want to in either cannon and so what?) and no matter what TBBT will be done at the end of this season. 

Going out with BANG was maybe a cute play on words but that's all it really is so far. 

Edited by Denise07
grammar mostly
  • Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Or perhaps it's in India.

You're kidding, right?
Ok, I don't know anything about the habits of the British Commonwealth in house building in India, but that seems a little far-fetched to me. 😀

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, veejay said:

You're kidding, right?
Ok, I don't know anything about the habits of the British Commonwealth in house building in India, but that seems a little far-fetched to me. 😀

Same here!

2 hours ago, Denise07 said:

(I had to give up trying to match the 2 because it doesn't match what is on TBBT).

To be fair, TBBT doesn't always match was has been previously said on TBBT.

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

Unless it's Penny's family home in Nebraska

Looks like forest land. Is Nebraska like that? I don't know personally.

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

So your saying TBBT has no continuity? That’s still no excuse for lazy writing. At this stage it’s less going out with a Big Bang. And more im too old for this crap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It c ould be Penny's home in Nebraska (I would be utterly amazed if they had an episode with Penny's parents)  however, I kind of visualized her home as more of a farm that was more open space, this pic looks to have too much foliage by the house, but then again who knows?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

It c ould be Penny's home in Nebraska (I would be utterly amazed if they had an episode with Penny's parents)  however, I kind of visualized her home as more of a farm that was more open space, this pic looks to have too much foliage by the house, but then again who knows?

As you said, who knows. Maybe the fabulous writers and Holland don't know the Nebraska farmland landscape!

• Like 1

Given the picture Mayim posted on Kaley's birthday, they may also be taping on the Atheneum set.

Maybe Raj and Anu are looking at potential venues..? The Atheneum could be for USA guests, watching via web, or maybe they changed their plans and will be having their wedding in the US after all? Or maybe it is for an egagement party?

Or something totally different...

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I don’t think this episode will happen the writers are not a huge fan of Lenny 

The pre taped scene probably has something to do with shamy 

• Run to India 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic